Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THIS IS A TRUE STORY ABOUT OBAMACARE - OUR RATE'S GOING UP AGAIN

LETTER TO MY CONGRESSIONAL REP

Message Subject: OBAMACARE GOING UP AND WE CAN'T AFFORD OUR CURRENT "FORCED" PREMIUM
Message Text:

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? MY HUSBAND AND i ARE IN OUR 50'S. IT TOOK HIM THREE YEARS TO GET A JOB WHICH PAYS LESS THAN 12.00 PER HOUR AND HE HAS A MASTER'S DEGREE IN COMMUNICATIONS.

WE ARE NOW PAYING 90.00 A MONTH FOR OUR HEALTHCARE PLAN. WHICH IS AN 80/20 PLAN.

WE WERE INFORMED TODAY THAT THE COST WOULD BE GOING UP TOWARDS 300.00 PER MONTH AND THAT IS WITH THE SUBSIDY. WE DESPERATELY NEED HEALTH INSURANCE BUT THIS IS OVER 25% OF OUR TAKE HOME PAY. HOW CAN THIS BE HELPFUL TO PEOPLE????

THERE ARE NO JOBS HERE.

WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET MEDICAID, BUT LAST TIME WE APPLIED, THE GOVT SAID WE MADE TOO MUCH TO QUALIFY AND WHEN WE TOLD THIS TO THE REP FOR OUR STATE'S HEALTHCARE/AFFORDABLE CARE ACT SCHEME (AND BOY IS IT), SHE ADVISED THAT WE SHOULD GET A DIVORCE SO THAT I COULD APPLY FOR MEDICAID ON MY OWN AND SO AT LEAST ONE OF US WOULD HAVE COVERAGE.

I GUESS MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET A DIVORCE NOW SO I CAN HAVE SOME KIND OF HEALTH COVERAGE. THERE HAS TO BE A MID/BALANCE POINT TO ALL OF THIS. THE MEDICAID GUIDELINES HAVE TO CHANGE. OR THE PREMIUMS HAVE TO BE BETTER REGULATED VS PEOPLE'S INCOMES.

PLEASE HELP US. I VOTED FOR YOU. I HOPE YOU CAN TRULY EFFECT SOME CHANGE ON THIS. DO YOU OR YOUR STAFF HAVE ANY ADVICE TO GIVE US? CAN WE LEGALLY SUE PRESIDENT OBAMA - DIDN'T THE GUIDELINES CHANGE SO THAT GOVT EMPLOYEE'S CAN NOW BE SUED CIVILLY? ALSO - THIS IS HORRENDOUS AND EVIL - OBAMACARE SIMPLY IS A TAX INSTITUTED VIA HEALTHCARE...

THANK YOU. 

• Upvote 10

TBomb, wow, so sorry to hear that and how tragic that the solution is so incredibly insensitive and moronic. How dare some profit making dill weed even remotely think that is any kind of answer or solution!! The solution it to make mandatory health care affordable, not advocate divorce among American families. What is happening to this country!? Not that it would do any good, but did you send that letter to the White House.. how about a local news channel that has investigative reporters, or who will look into this? (we have several locals that would take on this kind of thing)

We can only hope that with Republican majorities in both house and senate they will actually do something to repeal all of this... and it wasn't just be a bunch of rhetoric.... though I am almost willing to bet they won't..... Let's see if the opposition was genuine enough to actually do something about it and blow up the system...

In reading this thread I was curious so checked my last statement to see if costs went up (I never open them). What I found was that my monthly government/ group rate for my insurance is 1288.00 a month, just for medical, (yes 1 thousand, two hundred eighty eight) ...dental and vision is separate. Of that I pay 698.73 per person... (for ONE) person.. and the government pays 590.00 per month for ONE person, medical only, equaling 1288.00 a month for medical... and its an 80/20 plan as well... Though deductible might be lower, not sure. And to be sure its all relative and its all way too much and over the top for everyone!!!. Its insane and your story has to among the most insane of all!!!! I am just speechless at the advice you were given... Talk about immoral with no conscience!!!. 

Our health has become a commodity.... its totally commercialized, and reduced to actuarial tables, of profit making... Why O relented on the one payer system I will never know. He didn't have to, yet did give in to republicans, who were in turn actually beginning to see that it was going to save their constituents major dollars... yet he gave in  and traded any semblance of affordable care, to the will of profit making.... Insurance companies peddling their wares to a forced audience, were blasting all over TV almost the next day..... with moronic commercials using cheese to illustrate which health care program one should buy.

I don't know of anyone on either side of health care who even remotely likes any of it.... Docs are having to find creative ways to get around extremely rigid rules created in the boardroom of profit making and not in the halls of medical practice. And the new pharmacy dispensary rules (Oct) are freakin criminal... creating more work for pharmacists, their staff and every single doc writing a prescription, not to mention anyone with a long-term script can't leave home for more than 30 days now in most “affordable” plans... ... The only happy people are the profit making pharmaceutical companies......

Let's just stay on our representatives and hope it is truly their will to eliminate O care and go back to the drawing board and come up with something that is actually affordable..... Though I like I said, I'm almost willing to bet money they won't do that, and will leave the majority of the profit making infra structure intact....

TBomb, does your state have an insurance commissioner?

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

Rayzur, you're  one hell of a friend.  Yes, we have an insurance commissioner.  Although, I believe the new regulations for Affordable Care have lead the state of Colorado to create a new division - i have to look into this further. I will look at our options for plan renewal , which are unavailable until Nov 10.  I have also emailed our state commission on Medicaid to find out what/if there are new poverty guidelines, of which we might fit into, for 2015.  I emailed Cory Gardner, our newly elected Senate rep. I told him the whole story.  If I get a response...I'll be back. My intention in posting wasn't so much to garner pity, but more to see if others are being treated similarly. I thank you and snowglobe for your love and care.  And...I cannot believe what you're paying.  Sigh.

love ya,

Tbomb

• Upvote 3

TBomb... when you write to your Senator, formally request a Congressional Inquiry..... and I would focus the inquiry around Colorado state standards of practice relative to the federal  ACA, in advising divorce as a solution to affordable care.... Its a round about way to bring attention to your situation in the first place and would likely solve it in the second in the course of the investigation..... I've generally only heard of Congressional Inquiries relative to the military... but I'm pretty sure you can do them for any reason.. and seem to remember reading them for other than military things...

If you can elevate it to a Congressional, it would at least assure some kind of response... . 

• Upvote 2

People I hope no one takes me wrong, as I usually am, but consider the one thing

Obama has shown us. No law is valid if no one will enforce it.

Obama has repeatedly violated the constitution and broken the law, yet no one

seems to want to do ANYTHING about his lawlessness.

Now translate that into your own lives. If 95% of the populous refuse to get Obama

care who's gonna be able to do ANYTHING about that?

I have a health care plan. IF I lose it, Obama can K.M.A. .

I will NEVER sign up for government health care. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.

I WOULD LITERALLY RATHER DIE BEFORE I GIVE THE LIKES OF OBUMMMMMMMER'S

AND HILARIOUS CONTROL OVER MY BODY.

That's what Obama educated us in.

The law is only as good as those who are willing to obey it.

• Upvote 2

TBomb, I was sorry to hear of your impending issues about health care. I agree sending a letter to Cory Gardner was a positive step in getting some type of resolution to your predicament. I also voted for Cory in the hopes he will do something positive and not buckle under to the Washington bureaucrats. Hopping  this gets resolved before you fall further behind, Good luck. :praying:

• Upvote 2

TBomb, I was sorry to hear of your impending issues about health care. I agree sending a letter to Cory Gardner was a positive step in getting some type of resolution to your predicament. I also voted for Cory in the hopes he will do something positive and not buckle under to the Washington bureaucrats. Hopping  this gets resolved before you fall further behind, Good luck. :praying:

THANK YOU SAINT!!!  HUGS

LGD - I TOLD MYSELF THE SAME THING - BUT FOR ME, IT WAS THE ONLY OPTION TO GET SOME HEALTH INSURANCE, AS I HAD A TRAUMATIC SURGERY BACK IN 2009 AND I HADN'T HAD COVERAGE SINCE 2010- I REALLY NEEDED TO KEEP THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT COVERAGE LONG ENOUGH TO GET SOME CHECK UPS PERFORMED...I MAY WELL BE DROPPING THIS - (WHETHER THE GOVT "ALLOWS" ME TO OR NOT - I WILL NOT BE PAYING INTO THIS IF WE CANNOT GET A GREATLY REDUCED PREMIUM).

I have forwarded the excerpts of this Coburn...he is leaving in January due to cancer...but he is all over stuff like this.

THANKS SNOWGLOBE...LOVE YA

Edited by TBomb

Supreme Court will hear new case challenging Obamacare  

writer_whitehouse-Wolf_Richard.png Richard Wolf, USA TODAY6:31 p.m. EST November 7, 2014

The White House is promising a vigorous defense when the Supreme Court hears a new case involving the health care law. (Nov. 7) AP

635505524711515771-A08-HEALTHLAW-22.jpg

(Photo: Win McNamee, Getty Images)

14655CONNECT 401TWEET 38LINKEDIN 319COMMENTEMAILMORE

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed Friday to consider a major new challenge to President Obama's health care law.

The decision to hear the case without waiting for a split among federal appeals courts represents a major victory for opponents, who had lost a unanimous verdict at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.

The justices agreed without comment to reconsider that ruling, which upheld the law's system of subsidizing the insurance coverage it requires. That's a setback for the administration and proponents of Obamacare, but it is not the final word.

The controversial program faces four separate lawsuits charging that billions of dollars in subsidies can only be offered in health care exchanges run by states. The federal government operates more than two-thirds of the exchanges.

Opponents mounted the challenges based on the specific language of the law, which states that subsidies, offered in the form of tax credits, will be offered in exchanges "established by the state." They contend that nullifies the subsidies offered since the program began in 36 states that did not set up their own exchanges, relying instead on the federal exchange — a form of online marketplace.

Any ultimate ruling against the system of subsidies would blow a major hole in the law. Those subsidies make the private health insurance policies offered on the exchanges affordable to most Americans without employer-sponsored insurance plans.

If the subsidies are invalidated in 36 states, then many of the tax penalties imposed on employers and individuals for non-compliance with the law also would be eliminated. Employers pay a penalty when their workers get subsidized on the exchange. Individuals get penalized if they don't buy affordable insurance, but the subsidies often are what make it affordable.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said officials still believe the law will be upheld, just as it was in 2012, when Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the court's 5-4 decision upholding the insurance requirement as a form of taxation.

"This will work its way through the legal process," Earnest said. "We continue to have high confidence in the legal argument, as a legal matter but also from a common-sense perspective."

Other proponents of the law were not nearly so sanguine. Ron Pollack, executive director of the consumer health group Families USA, said the court's willingness to hear the case so soon "is a clear indication that at least some of the justices are determined to enter the political fray about the Affordable Care Act."

But Jonathan Adler, a law professor at Case Western Reserve University who helped conceive of the challenge, said it gives the court a chance to reaffirm that "the law is what Congress enacts, not what the administration or others wish Congress had enacted with the benefit of hindsight."

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit in Richmond ruled unanimously against opponents in July, hours after a similar appeals court panel in Washington, D.C., ruled 2-1 in their favor.

That latter ruling has been appealed by the administration to the full appeals court, which will hear the case next month. While the panel that ruled against the law contained two judges nominated by Republican presidents, the full D.C. appeals court tilts the other way. Two similar cases remain pending in Indiana and Oklahoma.

The justices' decision Friday shows that they saw no reason to wait for the other rulings before deciding the subsidy issue on their own — and in that sense, it came as a surprise. The justices also may decide to hear a major case on same-sex marriage by spring, making this one of the most consequential Supreme Court terms in decades.

More than 5 million Americans would be affected if the subsidies are struck down. They have reduced monthly insurance premiums by 76% for those who qualify, federal health officials say. The average monthly premium dropped from $346 to $82.

In 2016, an estimated 7.3 million people in the 36 states with federal exchanges would receive subsidies totaling $36 billion, according to the Urban Institute. To qualify for subsidies, participants must have incomes below 400% of the federal poverty line, or $95,400 for a family of four.

The D.C. appeals panel ruled in July that as written, the health care law allows tax credits to be offered only in state-run exchanges. The administration had expected most if not all states to create their own exchanges, but only 14 states did so. A majority of states purposely did not set up health exchanges because their governors and legislatures objected to the law.

The court said the IRS went too far in allowing participants in other states served by the federal exchange to qualify for billions of dollars in government assistance. The aid has helped boost enrollment figures to more than 8 million.

"We reach this conclusion, frankly, with reluctance," Judge Thomas Griffith, a Republican appointee, said. "At least until states that wish to can set up exchanges, our ruling will likely have significant consequences both for the millions of individuals receiving tax credits through federal exchanges and for health insurance markets more broadly."

Judge Harry Edwards, the lone Democratic appointee on the panel, dissented, calling the challenge "a not-so-veiled attempt to gut the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" and warning that the panel's ruling "portends disastrous consequences."

The only states, along with D.C., not affected by the case are those that created their own health exchanges: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

http://www.usatoday....-care/18387167/

People I hope no one takes me wrong, as I usually am, but consider the one thing

Obama has shown us. No law is valid if no one will enforce it.

Obama has repeatedly violated the constitution and broken the law, yet no one

seems to want to do ANYTHING about his lawlessness.

Now translate that into your own lives. If 95% of the populous refuse to get Obama

care who's gonna be able to do ANYTHING about that?

I have a health care plan. IF I lose it, Obama can K.M.A. .

I will NEVER sign up for government health care. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.

I WOULD LITERALLY RATHER DIE BEFORE I GIVE THE LIKES OF OBUMMMMMMMER'S

AND HILARIOUS CONTROL OVER MY BODY.

That's what Obama educated us in.

The law is only as good as those who are willing to obey it.

I am in total agreement God help me  :D

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

TBOMB

Hon I actually made my post without reading yours first. Please forgive me.

I pray that we will see an RV event soon. That way we won't be beholden to the

government.

SILLY, SILLY MAN...LOL   HUGS LGD  :peace:  :wub:

• Upvote 1

I aggree with one and all about O care and not wanting it.

The problem is the IRS has the ability to reach into your tax return and take it if you don't pay the fine.

If you break even they have the ability to put a lein on your home.

If they want it bad enought they go into you finances and take it.

I am all for standing up for what is right but if you have a family care must be taken when and where you make a stand.

Don't know if any of you have heard about it or not but you need to check out Christian Healthcare Ministries. We are fortunate enough that we still have insurance right now but I have family members that signed up for it and we will too if we ever lose our insurance. It's obamacare compliant but it's not your typical insurance. I found out about it on the radio and then saw where they talked about it on FOX & CNN. Don't know anyone personally that has "used" it yet but lots of video testimonials and if it works they they say, then WOW what an alternative. Chministries.org

I don't have any ties to it other than knowing a couple of people that signed up for it. (that's my disclaimer)

Hope that helps.

I aggree with one and all about O care and not wanting it.

The problem is the IRS has the ability to reach into your tax return and take it if you don't pay the fine.

If you break even they have the ability to put a lein on your home.

If they want it bad enought they go into you finances and take it.

I am all for standing up for what is right but if you have a family care must be taken when and where you make a stand.

And you have the right to claim 10 dependents thereby paying almost zero taxes.

This stops you loaning the government your money, interest free. You will have

to pay what you owe on tax day, but the I.R.S. can do nothing at this time if you

don't pay the fine on OBUMMMMMMMER'S care.

When this country votes for the democrats this is what you get! I would have thought the people here would have learned their lesson with that buffoon Jimmy Carter. Obviously not! Amazes me how stupid a large number of people are here in the USA. No wonder we are the laughingstock of the world right now.

• Upvote 1