Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIL coercing Sunni Iraqi girls to divorce their Shia husbands

ISIL coercing Sunni Iraqi girls to divorce their Shia husbands

July 8, 2014 by Amir Abdallah

Salama-al-Khafaji.jpg

Salama al-Khafaji, a member of the High Commission for Human Rights in Iraq.

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) ISIL terrorists have reportedly coerced an Iraqi family in the militant-controlled city of Mosul into making their daughter separate from her Shia Muslim husband.

According to reports, Salama al-Khafaji, a member of the High Commission for Human Rights in Iraq, said ISIL have held a court session and ruled that the Iraqi family should force their daughter and her husband to divorce because the man came from Iraq’s Shabak Shia community.

The terrorists have claimed the formation of a so-called Islamic caliphate or state and declared the terrorist group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as “the caliph” and “leader of Muslims everywhere.”

Many Sunni and Shia leaders worldwide have condemned the ISIL.

Violence in Iraq escalated after the ISIL took control of large swathes Iraq, including a number of key cities last month. ISIL took control of Mosul, the capital of Nineveh Province, on June 10.

http://www.iraqinews.com/features/isil-coercing-sunni-iraqi-girls-divorce-shia-husbands/

A dictator religion will demand that the people conform to the "dictates" of their religion . . . or die.  

This is a marriage of a "dictator religion" with a "zealot dictator," ruler.  If there is a "divorce" it needs to be in this relationship.  

Memo to the 11th Century Islam: you are going to lose.

Badly.

Truth about religion: Christians had a lot of stupid ideas and behaviour in their past too. Just as many as Islam. But Christianity slowly evolved. It continues to evolve, ever so slowly. Like this Pope acknowledging the creeps who are priests having sex with young boys. Disgusting.

Religion is an ongoing thing. Evolutionary, really. It is dynamic, or it is dead.

Fundamentalist Islam is dead at the core.

This story is an indication of that.

Fundamentalist Islam is dead because it does not realize it's own limitations, and stupidity. And it is not growing, and changing.

It is stuck in a very limited past.

It believes it knows all the final answers.

Fools.

Stupid fools.

God is greater than their stupidity and lack of vision.

Truth is eternal, but humans are flawed. They think they have the truth, but they don't. They confuse their arrogance, with the truth.

The search for truth is something that must constantly evolve, as we learn more, just like in science.

Those retards in ISIL don't understand that.

To be fair, a lot of Christians don't understand that either, but overall Christianity is about a hundred times better than Islam.

Every day when I read stuff like this I wonder about the intelligence of these people. Heck, they walk on two legs, they eat an drink like normal human beings...BUT then you look at there actions an what they think an do and that's not normal human behavior. It's kinda scary that one pedophile could brain wash millions an millions of people for nearly 2 thousand years to believe in this cult they call Islam. Charles Mansion would have given Mohamed a run for his moeny back in those days....

You're correct Rochester about some religious groups that espouse Christianity.  However, all those that make a claim to being Christian or not Christian.  Terrible things have been accepted, demanded, and twisted in the name of religion; mainly because "religion" is the emotional way to manipulate and control the people.  If the people think that they are obeying the mandates of their "faith," then it is easier to get them to do other things as well. Aka. Jim Jones, etc.  

True Christians and the faith of Christ do not act in this way.  

Every day when I read stuff like this I wonder about the intelligence of these people. Heck, they walk on two legs, they eat an drink like normal human beings...BUT then you look at there actions an what they think an do and that's not normal human behavior. It's kinda scary that one pedophile could brain wash millions an millions of people for nearly 2 thousand years to believe in this cult they call Islam. Charles Mansion would have given Mohamed a run for his moeny back in those days....

Remember...these are people who wipe their butts with their bare hand...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just as the majority of Americans do not follow the fundamentalist religious zealots, whom I'm sure get lots of airtime in Islam.... See: Westboro Baptist Church, FLDS...

The majority of Muslims do not follow the extremist over there...

in fact a true Muslim following their faith denounces all terrorism.

The extremist are getting most of the airtime here...but that is not a true picture of who the majority of these people are.

Stop The Hate!!!

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

"OM. Lead me from unreal to real;

lead me from darkness to light;

lead me from death to immortality.

OM... peace, peace, peace.— ;"

Thank You K98... words to live by.

You're most welcome... I wish I could live up to the good words in the holy books... But hey...at least I don't wipe my rear end with my hand! LOL

Just as the majority of Americans do not follow the fundamentalist religious zealots, whom I'm sure get lots of airtime in Islam.... See: Westboro Baptist Church, FLDS...

The extremist are getting most of the airtime here...but that is not a true picture of who the majority of these people are.

Stop The Hate!!!

Maggie, though I agree with the sentiment behind your words, they are ill-informed and incorrect. The Koran directs a true Muslim to kill all non-Muslims. This is terrorism at its heart. I agree that most Muslims are moderates who do not believe they should go around killing people but they are choosing that position. They are deliberately NOT following their faith. Unlike Christians, who have by and large determined the Old Testament is superseded by the New without the death penalties for sins, there has been no revision to the tenets of faith among Muslims to denounce the anti-infidel requirements.

That said, hating Muslims is not the answer. I liken most of the Muslims involved in jihad to special needs children. They are behaving in a way that seems right in their limited understanding. Love the child, hate the act, impose consequences for the act. Hopefully, the consequences correct the thinking that makes the act seem correct.

Stop The Hate!!!

I agree that hate must stop, but I don't think the Muslims got the words.  

Maggie, though I agree with the sentiment behind your words, they are ill-informed and incorrect. The Koran directs a true Muslim to kill all non-Muslims. This is terrorism at its heart. I agree that most Muslims are moderates who do not believe they should go around killing people but they are choosing that position. They are deliberately NOT following their faith. Unlike Christians, who have by and large determined the Old Testament is superseded by the New without the death penalties for sins, there has been no revision to the tenets of faith among Muslims to denounce the anti-infidel requirements.

That said, hating Muslims is not the answer. I liken most of the Muslims involved in jihad to special needs children. They are behaving in a way that seems right in their limited understanding. Love the child, hate the act, impose consequences for the act. Hopefully, the consequences correct the thinking that makes the act seem correct.

Thank you for agreeing with the "sentiment" Dragon although my words are not ill-informed nor are they incorrect.

The Qur'an does not direct Muslims to kill all non-Muslims as you incorrectly assume from all the misconceptions that are repeated over and over in the west due to so many holding on to ignorance and the fear we have been indoctrinated with.

I have had the pleasure of having in depth enough conversations with folks of the Muslim faith that I was comfortable in asking them questions about the misconceptions that I already knew Americans have. They embraced the opportunity to clarify what the Qur'an says and what their beliefs truly are. They told me that the Qur'an is mostly about love and the same as the Bible... it talks about war. They told me on no uncertain terms does the Qur'an say in it anywhere that they are to kill all the infidels. They are so tired of that rhetoric and honestly if you were to strike a conversation... I'm willing to bet a person of the Muslim faith would be more than happy to clear that up for you. While it would be hard to quote the whole conversations I've had this will pretty much give their answers to my questions that I had in that regard.

Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?

Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.

There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihad ism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First

For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"

(2:190-193).

It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties

A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.

This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion

Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.

The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool.gif:

"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

Dragon unless you are a Muslim or know first hand what the Qur'an does indeed say... taken in full context... I am inclined to give what these kind people have shared with me in the most sincere and succinct ways far more validity.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

Maggie, really .... You really said this ..... My mind is boggling ........

You talked to Muslims about their faith and took their word for what it teaches ............... OMGs .... This is the height of naivety. What did you expect?!?! Do you really thnk they would admit to their faith dictating they kill you?

I have read the Koran myself. I have seen the passages talking about slaying the infidels down to the last of their number. I have read where they are not required to deal honestly with any non-Muslim. I have read this for myself. I don't care what interpretation a particular person puts on it. The Koran unequivocally states kill all infidels down to the last of their number. Thankfully, there is a large number of Muslims who do not adhere to these requirements. Do NOT tell me they are not there though.

• Upvote 1

Maggie, really .... You really said this ..... My mind is boggling ........

You talked to Muslims about their faith and took their word for what it teaches ............... OMGs .... This is the height of naivety. What did you expect?!?! Do you really thnk they would admit to their faith dictating they kill you?

I have read the Koran myself. I have seen the passages talking about slaying the infidels down to the last of their number. I have read where they are not required to deal honestly with any non-Muslim. I have read this for myself. I don't care what interpretation a particular person puts on it. The Koran unequivocally states kill all infidels down to the last of their number. Thankfully, there is a large number of Muslims who do not adhere to these requirements. Do NOT tell me they are not there though.

Okay... You say you know more than I do... or... that they lied to me. Prove It.

Bring in the the passages you are talking about... in their full context.

As I showed in my post above... taking them out of context is very deceptive and misleading.

• Upvote 2

Maggie, I know what you are trying to say. You are entitled to your opinion and way of doing things. Mine is simple. I go to the source whenever possible and in as near to the original as possible. I do not read Arabic so I have been dependent upon translations. I have read the entire Koran in an English translation I acquired at a bookstore. It is possible, I suppose, that this translation was completely inaccurate and the Muslims you spoke to were completely honest with you, an infidel. The Koran is FULL of references to killing the infidels. The pieces you quoted are carefully culled from the Koran for the exact use you demonstrated. There is a strong push to make Islam appear more peaceful. Truthfully, if your Muslim, it can be. For those of us who are infidels with no desire to be converted, there is no peace. Until you have read for yourself what makes up this faith, btw the Koran is only a small part of it, please refrain from preaching the Islam line of "peace". It is only peace for those willing to convert.

I cannot tonight but will get the references for you. It is likely to be tomorrow evening.

Edited by DragonChylde
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Maggie, you said something that is of extreme importance, that I think you should apply to any teaching of sacred texts, especially the biblical texts.  Unless you know the meaning of a text from its context, and have applied the principles of understanding a passage, then it will be difficult for one to understand the meaning of the writer.  Suppositions and false meanings abound when it comes to what a texts truly says.  

By the way, I have spent my life reading and studying "eastern" texts.  Remember that the Bible is NOT a western book, it is from the middle eastern and Asian region.  

Dragon, like you I have read some of the Quran. I stopped when I got to the part about the man giving his wife an allotment to buy her beauty aids, (Makeup) is what the brother told me it meant. Maggie, I would certainly not get into a religious debate with you about Islam just like I wouldn't involve myself with a debate with Billy Graham on Christianity. I can tell you I've been living in the middle east since 2004 an what you see on TV is only a part of what really goes on over here. Trust me when I say...They HATE Americans, LOVE your money...It's preached weekly in their Mosque's over here about the corrupt an evil infidel. I will repeat myself, Islam is NOT a religion, it is a CULT...Ma'am that's not hate, that's fact...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jesus said:

John 14:6 NKJV
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 10:9 NKJV

I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture

If you don't believe Jesus Christ is The Savior, then you are not talking to the True God, you are worshiping a false god, the god of this earth (for now).

Wm13

• Upvote 2

Maggie, I know what you are trying to say. You are entitled to your opinion and way of doing things. Mine is simple. I go to the source whenever possible and in as near to the original as possible. I do not read Arabic so I have been dependent upon translations. I have read the entire Koran in an English translation I acquired at a bookstore. It is possible, I suppose, that this translation was completely inaccurate and the Muslims you spoke to were completely honest with you, an infidel. The Koran is FULL of references to killing the infidels. The pieces you quoted are carefully culled from the Koran for the exact use you demonstrated. There is a strong push to make Islam appear more peaceful. Truthfully, if your Muslim, it can be. For those of us who are infidels with no desire to be converted, there is no peace. Until you have read for yourself what makes up this faith, btw the Koran is only a small part of it, please refrain from preaching the Islam line of "peace". It is only peace for those willing to convert.

I cannot tonight but will get the references for you. It is likely to be tomorrow evening.

Dragon, here is a little reference to your point but wanted to show where I'm coming from with my CULT statement...I hope the link opens alright.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2014/01/five-reasons-why-islam-is-a-cult/