Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Loyal To The End

Nadita

Loyal To The End

Dog is man’s best friend - Anonymous

Thursday, June 26, 2014 was the saddest day in my life as I had to put my beautiful little girl to sleep.  She got sick 2.5 months ago and I nursed her back to life.  She was doing well till about a month ago and she just went down hill pretty fast.  I did everything I could to save her.  The Vet told me what she had was a blessing and a curse because it was fast and aggressive and no amount of money could do her any good. 

Her name was Misty, a West Highland Terrier.  She loved to roll in the snow and just buried herself in it.  She would charge at any big dogs like she was the alpha.  She was my shadow for 15.5 years and she never left my side.  I did not need to call her or anything, she would be right there with me.  When I worked, she would curl up under my desk.  When I watched TV, she would lay down next to me.  When I walk, she would be right behind me.   Even towards the end, she would look for me, when she didn’t see me.   She gave me two more months to spend with her and to prepare me to let her go.  I knew it was time for her to go, but it was so hard to let go.  I held her so tight to the end and she didn’t go alone.  She knew she was loved.  I know she is in heaven, running and playing and no more suffering.  One day, I will see her again J

Dog is often called man’s best friend, loyal and faithful, companion, loving.  Dogs give us unconditional love.  Even though, we know what would happen a few years down the road, because of the love and companionship they give us, we were so willing to go through the heartache all over again.  I guess, love is worth all the risk.  I believe if we were to watch how animals interact with each other, we could learn about love and life from them. 

Same with God’s love, even though it hurts Him to see His son hung on the cross to pay for our sins.  He did not waver in His decision because of His love for us.  Yet, when were sinners, He send His son to die on the cross so that we can get saved because of His grace and mercy.  He doesn’t force us to follow Him, He waits till we are ready because that is just who He is – faithful, loving,  and merciful.  I consider myself blessed to know the love of God and the love of my pets.  Misty hung on till I was ready to let her go.  Same with God.  He waits till you are ready to come to Him and He will welcome you into His arms, in the meantime He does what He can to keep you safe. 

God knew what was going to happen with Misty before she got sick.  I was persuaded by my friend to take her puppy three months ago.  His name is Nemo, a maltipoo.  Nemo has been my shadow last week before Misty went.  It felt like the baton was passed from Misty to Nemo to watch me.  He would follow me like Misty did.  First I thought it was strange for a puppy that young to do such thing.  Now, I know J

• Upvote 10

Thank you for your kind words :)

I miss her terribly. The other night, I came home and as soon as I walked into my house, I called her name. Then, I realized she was no longer with me. It is hard to prepare food for other kids as I would still look for her dish to fill. Her bed is still next to mine :) out of the blue, I would just cry. I have my bad days and good days. My children know I am not altogether yet. They know I am still sad and miss Misty terribly.

• Upvote 1

Nadita, I have also lost beloved friends from the animal world, and I know how much we grieve their loss. In my own life, they were there when I walked out of my bedroom every morning. They were there when I came into the house after long days at work or tending to other life-business. They were there when no one else was in my life, simple moments when I found myself alone, except for them. They were there when I laughed, when I cried, when I felt good or bad, and they never turned from my grief . . . nor from my happiness. They were part of all I am. Their very lives were wrapped around mine, and they made me the center of their lives in ways no human ever did or even could. Thus it is no wonder they leave a yawning void when they are gone. They become the other part of ourselves, and they magnify and enlarge who we are and even what we become. They give us amazing opportunities to be fully human. And when they leave us to go on ahead, they simply go through a doorway where they wait for us. Your story is particularly touching to me because I once had a friend of my own named Misty. My "Misty" was a pure white, long-haired cat with a slender  gray spot wrapped around the front of both ears. After many years with me, she also became ill and I had to help her when the time came so she wouldn't feel anymore pain. That has been over 25 years now, and I still think of her and miss her. I also lost my beloved Abracadabra (Abra) and my beautiful, loving, gentle  "Spike." That's what beloved pets do for us. Through them, love never leaves us. Through them, love takes up residence and lives in our hearts always. Thank you for sharing the story of such a beautiful life with us.  The measure of your grief is simply the measure of the love you returned to her. Just remember--she isn't really gone. In all the important ways, she will be with you always. Best regards,  Fran

• Upvote 3

I feel for your loss, Nadita. I know deep down in my heart that Nemo will be your next best companion, not a replacement but a companion to fill the void that is now empty. We are truly blessed with God's unforgiving love through all the happiness and sadness He brings to us by different means. Be blessed Nadita for God is truly watching over you. :praying:

• Upvote 2

Sorry for your loss Nadita, but you will meet Misty again at the Rainbow Bridge.  The following is a link to a You Tube video of the poem for all animal lovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

Medina,

Thank you for the video.. that helps :)

I feel for your loss, Nadita. I know deep down in my heart that Nemo will be your next best companion, not a replacement but a companion to fill the void that is now empty. We are truly blessed with God's unforgiving love through all the happiness and sadness He brings to us by different means. Be blessed Nadita for God is truly watching over you. :praying:

Saint,

Yes.. God watches over us

Nadita, I have also lost beloved friends from the animal world, and I know how much we grieve their loss. In my own life, they were there when I walked out of my bedroom every morning. They were there when I came into the house after long days at work or tending to other life-business. They were there when no one else was in my life, simple moments when I found myself alone, except for them. They were there when I laughed, when I cried, when I felt good or bad, and they never turned from my grief . . . nor from my happiness. They were part of all I am. Their very lives were wrapped around mine, and they made me the center of their lives in ways no human ever did or even could. Thus it is no wonder they leave a yawning void when they are gone. They become the other part of ourselves, and they magnify and enlarge who we are and even what we become. They give us amazing opportunities to be fully human. And when they leave us to go on ahead, they simply go through a doorway where they wait for us. Your story is particularly touching to me because I once had a friend of my own named Misty. My "Misty" was a pure white, long-haired cat with a slender  gray spot wrapped around the front of both ears. After many years with me, she also became ill and I had to help her when the time came so she wouldn't feel anymore pain. That has been over 25 years now, and I still think of her and miss her. I also lost my beloved Abracadabra (Abra) and my beautiful, loving, gentle  "Spike." That's what beloved pets do for us. Through them, love never leaves us. Through them, love takes up residence and lives in our hearts always. Thank you for sharing the story of such a beautiful life with us.  The measure of your grief is simply the measure of the love you returned to her. Just remember--she isn't really gone. In all the important ways, she will be with you always. Best regards,  Fran

Fran,

Thank you a bunch for your words... you make me cry again lol... no you don't.. I have been crying on and off. 

Nadita...my heartfelt sympathy for your loss dear. We too lost a Misty several years back...a precious husky who obviously also like to play in the snow. She was starting to have seizures and at that time the vet had no medicine for her without her becoming like a zombie. We we're gettin' ready to move to N.C. and I remember prayin' and asking what to do about Misty. I'm not kidding when I say I heard that still small voice whisper..."I'll take care of it".....I had no idea what that meant but I had this peace wash over me and I didn't worry again. Just a few days later while I was gone someone left her gate open and she got out and started to run...right into an on-coming car. Now some will think that's a crazy way for God to "take care of it" and normally I would agree. Except for three things...the person who hit her didn't see our name tag but took her to the closest vet...by which time she was already gone. I had lost another husky so tragically that by the time I got the call I was amazed to see Misty lookin' like was only asleep...and no blood. Second it took the decision of having to put her down out of my hands...her seizures were pretty bad. And the last reason I knew there was Devine intervention....a peace came over me and I didn't even mourn...I was so broke up from the previous loss that I swore I would never have another dog again...which lasted all of two weeks till saw a litter of husky pups!!! I love my pets...and call that scenario crazy if you want...but it taught me that our Heavenly Father cares for us....and our pets...even to the point of giving me peace just before a big move when I needed it the most. Sorry for ramblin' dear...but I know that I know you'll see your Misty again...and so will we!!! :). Peace be unto you Nadita!!!

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

The other version of the Rainbow Bridge...

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

After so many years, and so many dogs,

I finally got smart and got a pet that should

outlive me.

He's whiny, demanding, loud when he wants something,

and these Parrots have an intelligence level that's on the

same level as five year old child...

And wouldn't trade him for all the IQD in the world...

• Upvote 2