Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Gentle Suggestion to ALL who truly PRAY

EagleEye

While watching the escalating violence in Iraq essentially along "religious" lines and pondering the proper response to the potential human disaster shaping up...I was drawn to the inescapable fact that WE right here in the good old USA are setting a poor (IMHO) example and especially those of us who claim to be Christian...for example there is no end of vitriol that is poured on our president, both political parties indeed all elected officials...(not without good cause I might add)...but I might suggest gently that there is a more "spiritual" response to the madness that seems to be increasing exponentially every single day and all around the world as well...

my suggestion is based on two short passages of Scripture;  

Pro 21:1  The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. 

1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 
1Ti 2:2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 
1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 

it to me is very much like that old saw "better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"....

TO THOSE WHO PROFESS FAITH IN CHRIST might I add....to obey the teaching above is to be the "living epistles" we are all called to be....while to fuss and fume like the rest of the world is little more than cursing the darkness....

think about that for awhile .......

:eagle:    

Eagle sermonette over    :praying:  :praying:  :praying:
  • Upvote 11

And a good sermon it is.

This might surprise some of our more liberal members but I pray every day for Barack Obama.

I find him to be a man of strong passion, wrongly directed it may be. I also see him

as a true believer. In the hands of God this man really could change the world for better.

I ask all Christians to join with me in prayer for his soul.

"THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS MAN AVAILITH MUCH"

• Upvote 5

Thank you, thank you, your heart of love for Gods people is felt deeply. Your a burst of hope, a radiant light!!!!!

EagleEye, what you say is very much needed and to be absorbed more so than ever.  Prayer is powerful, we must pray that our loving and merciful God will hear the cry of His people. 

We must pray for mankind to step away from worshiping the wisdom of man and trust in our Lord Jesus Christ.  What can be worse than the separation from God.

So yes, it is very important to pray for our world leaders, to seek the wisdom of God and lead their people back to Him.

Seek God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength.

Be Christ like in all you do, in your words, in your thoughts and in your actions. 

At the same time we must not be silent in His teachings, we must share Him throughout mankind. 

Okay my sermonette is over :angel:

• Upvote 3

I have been praying for obama since 2008, that his heart would be turned to God, for his salvation, and for Godly leadership in our government, and praying against the corruption, and immoral activity.

Over the years, I have learned to continue to pray for the President.............................to be replaced.  :praying:

• Upvote 6

EagleEye, I completely agree, and would like to add that we have been entrusted with stewardship over this land, through the covenant that our Christian forefathers and founders of this great Nation have with God. It is "our" responsibility, not politicians (for sure) and not the government. Also, Obama is no king.

Has God changed the heart of satan? or any anti-christ? Like Pharoah, the hardness of his heart was confirmed (not softened) each time he rejected God.

Do you see anything good that obama has done? honestly. please share.

Many of obama's activities are detestible, I will continue to pray God will, His direction, and against evil  :twothumbs:

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

EagleEye, I completely agree, and would like to add that we have been entrusted with stewardship over this land, through the covenant that our Christian forefathers and founders of this great Nation have with God. It is "our" responsibility, not politicians (for sure) and not the government. Also, Obama is no king.

Has God changed the heart of satan? or any anti-christ? Like Pharoah, the hardness of his heart was confirmed (not softened) each time he rejected God.

Do you see anything good that obama has done? honestly. please share.

Many of obama's activities are detestible, I will continue to pray God will, His direction, and against evil  :twothumbs:

sadly no .....but unlike satan, the anti-christ and pharoah he has "professed" he is a Christian....there was a prophecy before he took office that something would cause him to overthrow Roe vs Wade but that hasn't happened either....indeed his actions seem hell bent...however the story of Manasseh, son of Hezekiah (2 Chron 33) encourages me that even someone who does evil can repent and return to the Lord..

.2Ch 33:1  Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem: 

2Ch 33:2  But did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, like unto the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel. 

2Ch 33:12  And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, 
2Ch 33:13  And prayed unto him: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD he was God. 

and so we pray until we are told NOT to pray....and there is a Scriptural precedent for that also...

Thanks SF...good post !
  • Upvote 1

I agree with all of you to a certain point. But even Jesus lost his temper with the iniquities in his fathers house.

Yes we are supposed to turn the other cheek. If I remember correctly 7 x 77. I do not want to turn the other cheek!

I want to kick their collective a$$'s out of Washington!!!!!

My frustration is what are we leaving for our Grand Children?

Every parent I know wants their children's lives to better than their own.

Must we allow the current (and past) political climate to destroy what it has taken GENERATIONS to build?

LIFETIMES of effort! All for naught?

We are slowly being politically bombed back to the Stone Age. Kill or be killed.

It is not about us! It IS about the next generation.

I saw a sign in a national park last month that really summed it up.

It said "leave it better than you found it"

Beware the wrath of a gentle man.

P.S.

Pray until something happens!

Edited by Muleslayer