Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tlar's Thursday Commentary - 05/22/2014

The US does NOT want Maliki, Iran does NOT want Maliki, Maliki's own people do NOT want Maliki.  He is not good for the country. He is not good for anything except stealing every last cent he can get away with.  He is not the best choice and I really hope he can't bribe his way into it.  I don't think he'll be PM again but then again I don't really care who is PM.  I don't really care what the politics of Iraq is.  If we're all honest all any of us cares about is the RV.  I got in this to make money and so did everyone else. Once this is over I will not think twice of Iraq but I will thank our soldiers everyday for making it possible. I will pay it forward as I had always hoped I would be able to do.

Sundog I totally agree with you and with the articles we are reading tells us that Tlar is spot on with his summary of things...now that the State of Law is nominating Al-Maliki for PM because of fearing repercussion from Maliki...looks like his block will loose connection with the National Alliance block because they are against a third term for Maliki...Maliki is burnt toast! IMHO

Cheers everyone!

I thought it was part of their constitution that the president could only serve two terms. No one seems to be saying that, however, so I may be wrong. It just seems very early in this new constitutional republic for the current president to claim a right to violate their new constitution by  running for a third term.

Maybe their loophole is that they can get away with all this stuff because technically a "Government" does not exist right now according to their definition of one. Therefore, how can they be expected to act within the defined parameters of something that isn't there? The rules just don't apply. ( and with Malarky in charge they don't anyway...)

I thought it was part of their constitution that the president could only serve two terms. No one seems to be saying that, however, so I may be wrong. It just seems very early in this new constitutional republic for the current president to claim a right to violate their new constitution by  running for a third term.

You are correct Francie26, but it seems not everyone excepts the new law yet...especially Maliki the dictator doesn't think it applies to him because he views himself being wonderful in the eyes of the people as we've seen, he's completely ignored the law and is pushing everyone and is forcing Iraq to make a choice...Maliki the dictator or democracy, even his own block, State of Law doesn't want him but they nominated him out of fear for their lives, Maliki is a dictator and will have to be removed for the sake of the people of Iraq!

I like to add a couple articles from last year....and Thanks Thud..oopps Thug  :lol: Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Alkhozai and Hakim discuss ways to implement the «honor document out of the current crisis

14/7/2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - comment.PNGAdd a comment - 

Baghdad: Hamza Mustafa 
began the leader of the Islamic Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim make political contacts with a number of senior political leaders in Iraq to develop a road map to get out of the current crisis, according to a document of honor that had been agreed upon during the meeting symbolic collection of senior political leaders in the country early June last year at the home of al-Hakim. In conjunction with the initiative Hakim, which led to a reconciliation between the two Prime Ministers Nouri al-Maliki and parliament Osama Najafi, called Iraqi Vice President Khodair al, political initiative taken is the other version of the document honor in preparation for a meeting of political leaders of blocs and political party leaders. 
In this context, search-Hakim with Alkhozai the developments in the political situation in the country. A statement by the Islamic Supreme Council received Al-Sharq al-Awsat copy of the wise «efforts Alkhozai and praised his role in the political process, pointing out that« the hopes pinned on the document of honor and we are optimistic. For his part, stressed Alkhozai According to the statement «the need for joint action among all the political partners to create a political atmosphere reflected positively on the development of economic and service sector. At the time it welcomed the religious authority Supreme city of Najaf understandings currently under way between the political blocs and the spirit of trust between the blocks and the continuation of dialogue to calm the general situation in the country, has invested U.S. for its part, this atmosphere to reinvigorate diplomatic phone to urge senior political leaders in Iraq to engage in political reconciliation that would avoid the possibility of slipping into Iraq into civil war. After a series of phone calls made ​​by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, with both Maliki and President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani, has phoned Speaker Osama Najafi. A statement from the Office of Najafi yesterday that «the two sides discussed developments in the political situation in Iraq and the current Syrian crisis, Biden expressed concern about the increasing incidence of violence in Iraq. The statement continued that: «Najafi stressed the need for communication between the political partners, and that communication alone is not enough and must be translated into actions and achievements on the ground, also stressed the importance of responding to the demands of the people necessary especially protesters who have been demonstrating for more than six months». 
In the context of the ongoing dialogues between the leaders of political blocs in order to get Iraq out of its crisis current According to a member of the Iraqi parliament for the Islamic Supreme Council Furat al-Shara told «Middle East» that «the interviews conducted by Mr. Ammar al-Hakim, which is expected to be conducted during the coming period with political leaders but aimed at meeting the word, both in order to activate the meeting, the symbolic and the resulting reconciliation important had an impact obviously on what characterized the street from the calm »noting that« the meetings that take place are now expanding the concept of initiatives and in particular document of honor, which was launched by Mr. Hakim or Vice President Dr. Khodair al, they complement each prelude to a conference or national meeting would remove all the obstacles that were in the way of dialogue in the past ». 
Against that, however Log Americans on the line, especially after the rapprochement took place between al-Maliki and Barzani , said Burhan Mohammed Faraj, a member of the Iraqi parliament for the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, told «Middle East» that «through the Strategic Framework Agreement signed by the United States with Iraq, they find in themselves that there is a legal right to intervene in some of the issues». He said Faraj that «the United States is interested in the stability of Iraq, one of the biggest supporters of the political process and warn a lot of possibility to enter Iraq spiral fresh violence», adding that «the warnings Biden of civil war, it is a wake-up call for politicians to be more willing to settle their problems» . the 
Middle East

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/154420-alkhozai-and-hakim-discuss-ways-to-implement-the-«honor-document-out-of-the-current-crisis/#ixzz32bOTYNjx

•  
  •  

allawi%2Band%2Bmaliki%2Bhugging%2Bjune%2

09-09-2013 01:33 PM I added Photo

Baghdad (news) .. enforce the existing Iraqi President Iyad Allawi, the head of the Islamic Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim to add a clause in the charter, which will hopefully be signed at the conference leaders of political blocs to be held end of this month, to participate and to sign it. said the confiscation of close to them (the news News): The Allawi during his meeting with al-Hakim the day before yesterday, asked to include a clause in the Charter of the Middle states not to nominate the prime minister for a third term.added: Allawi condition put this paragraph to participate in the conference and sign a document of honor, noting that Allawi stressed the need to adhere to the National Alliance to this paragraph and to persuade al-Maliki not the nomination. confirmed sources: Hakim did not make the promise that, but he listened to the point of Nzerklari about the future of Iraq, and how to resolve the political crisis. This was confirmed by the President of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq Ammar al-Hakim, the need for unity Iraqi National in order to meet the challenges facing Iraq and the region, stressing the need to establish security and save Iraqi blood. came when receiver Hakeem at his office in Baghdad, the existing Iraqi President Iyad Allawi and his entourage the day before yesterday the two sides discussed developments in the political process in Iraq as well as discuss the developments in the Syrian file , reiterated his call for the adoption of dialogue to resolve the Syrian crisis and go to the Geneva conference, warning of the danger of war on the region. Meanwhile, a House of Representatives Speaker Osama Najafi, the national conference of the leaders of Iraqi political blocs will be held end of this month to sign a document of honor and national, and we have agreed on all details. Najafi said at a press conference at the parliament building: There are serious attempts to sign a document about national honor for everyone to follow, to be transformed into acts not only statements. / Finished / 1. n. r /

- See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=100175#sthash.AZi6kbsM.dpuf

• Upvote 1

Waaaaa!

Waaaaa!

i must assume that in your current state of mental illness, that you support the twisted agenda driven rant that showing your ID to vote is taking away someones right to vote??? or is somehow racist??? Showing proper ID at the polls accomplishes only one thing.......................reduces/prevent blatant voter fraud....................so pound sand.