Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Lakota vow to die rather than let the KXL pipeline pass

umbertino

I will say only this. For the last 4 weeks I have sat and watched my oldest sister die of stage 4 lung cancer. I buried her sun.  

They brought hospice in and she was allowed to die at home.  Not once in 4 weeks did she complain. Not once in 4 weeks did I see fear in her eyes.  She refused the moriphine that the hospice tried to give her cause she said it clouded her mind and she wanted to think clearly to the end. One of the things that stands out

that she said was. " This is such a beautiful

planet. I am thankful that I was able to walk on it for 74 years." So in honor of my sister. I will just say this in regards to this topic.

" IT IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLANET" 

• Upvote 4

I will say only this. For the last 4 weeks I have sat and watched my oldest sister die of stage 4 lung cancer. I buried her sun.  
They brought hospice in and she was allowed to die at home.  Not once in 4 weeks did she complain. Not once in 4 weeks did I see fear in her eyes.  She refused the moriphine that the hospice tried to give her cause she said it clouded her mind and she wanted to think clearly to the end. One of the things that stands out
planet. I am thankful that I was able to walk on it for 74 years." So in honor of my sister. I will just say this in regards to this topic.

Dog I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs your way.

• Upvote 1

Excusa Flintnpebbles... If my land was deemed worthless because of an oil company... your lack of caring... well... lacks caring... some friend you are.

EXCUSE ME?  What words exactly did I use that gave you the impression that I did not care? I stated I do not agree with the wording in the article. Not that I disagreed with the content and the reason.  I have seen the destruction in Pembina, I know what the leakage does. I CARE completely and empathize with my friends who are neighbors to the farmers whose land was subjected to the leak. They learned that just because the money was good, doesn't mean the end result was good. And a hard lesson it was.

Its their land they should have every right to decide whats built on it.

Because it`s a inconvenience to all of us ?.

well  I guess we all just need to get over it and go around their land.

My brothers in the west owe you or I nothing.  

If they could guarantee that there would never be a spill.

It might be a different story BUT they cant. 

All the oil in the world is not worth 1 acre of destroyed land.

At least to me.  A lot of you see it differently I know.

I can live with my choice. You must live with yours

I agree 100% that the Lakota should refuse the oil company passage over their land. Couldn't have said it any better.

My condolences for your loss. Lung cancer is a terrible thing. My BIL died from lung cancer 10 years ago and it was the hardest thing I have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

EXCUSE ME?  What words exactly did I use that gave you the impression that I did not care? I stated I do not agree with the wording in the article. Not that I disagreed with the content and the reason.  I have seen the destruction in Pembina, I know what the leakage does. I CARE completely and empathize with my friends who are neighbors to the farmers whose land was subjected to the leak. They learned that just because the money was good, doesn't mean the end result was good. And a hard lesson it was.

I agree 100% that the Lakota should refuse the oil company passage over their land. Couldn't have said it any better.

My condolences for your loss. Lung cancer is a terrible thing. My BIL died from lung cancer 10 years ago and it was the hardest thing I have ever seen.

Hey I am not looking for any new enemies... just seemed that you did not care as much as I might about my neighbors.

Sorry to hear that, dog.

Hey I am not looking for any new enemies... just seemed that you did not care as much as I might about my neighbors.

Being as I am not you and you don't know me....you can not make a general statement that I do not care as much about my neighbors as you might care about yours. Your idea of caring may be different than mine and you may show your caring in a different way. BUT I do take offense at the insinuation that I do not care about my friends and their neighbors.

Making statements like you have to me doesn't make you an enemy but it certainly colors all the things that you post for now on.  And to be perfectly clear I was agreeing with you from the beginning.

Sorry about your loss dog53. I know what your going through as I have lost family members this way. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless

• Upvote 1

Being as I am not you and you don't know me....you can not make a general statement that I do not care as much about my neighbors as you might care about yours. Your idea of caring may be different than mine and you may show your caring in a different way. BUT I do take offense at the insinuation that I do not care about my friends and their neighbors.

Making statements like you have to me doesn't make you an enemy but it certainly colors all the things that you post for now on.  And to be perfectly clear I was agreeing with you from the beginning.

I am very sorry FlintNPebbles... I had no right to judge... Please accept my sincere request for your forgiveness.

I have no excuse and I was wrong... you are 100% right that I don't know you and can't even begin to measure your level of caring. I see how much you do care.

We both are on the same side of this and I would never want to do any damage to an honest solid stand against something this important.

I know I may be too passionate about this and might risk becoming ineffective in what my real goals are... I see the damage it could cause for generations to come as you so clearly pointed out and I get so angry... I will try harder to not be so emotional about it and address the issues from a more balanced perspective.

Again please forgive me.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 5

Nothing to really forgive Maggie123. I truly enjoy your posts and although sometimes I am not 100% behind you I do understand your passion and your desire for a better America and a better world. Your posts generally bring humanity to the situations you are posting about and I admire that.

All is good here as long as all is good there :)

• Upvote 2

Thank You So Much... I would honestly take it back if I could.

I enjoy your post as well... you do bring in common sense, well thought out and balanced views.

I truly appreciate you FlintNPebbles... especially right now. :)

You're a great Individual Maggie  like many others here on this Forum... You, just like myself, might at times get carried away by  the passion you put into what you deem very important... That's only human... We all make evaluation ( toward others) mistakes at times... But if we're then able to realize that maybe we were a li'l bit too quick in what we said or wrote and honestly give it a better review then I guess it's  fine and good. I did it myself many times in which I was wrong. Then gave myself the chance to re-check ( better not to have pride issues on this task) and came to a different conclusion.

All'n'all.... I love you!

Edited by umbertino

I couldn't agree more Dog...and what a brave sister you have....Sorry to hear about her, and I pray for peace and comfort for you and your loved ones that she left behind...but someday you will see her again my brother on the other side.

Let's get this straight...if it's the Lakota's land than please...leave them the hey'all alone big guberment!!!!

• Upvote 1