Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does the religious right and the GOP plan to turn the U.S. into a theocracy?

dinar_stud

Check out these facts:

Christians founded the country on the only values they had..................Christian Values

This country was founded on Christian Values

It is only recently that the "Idiot Values" have begun to play such a major roll.

That's spelled "major role"

You can now take your foot out of your mouth, after you used it to call others names.

Read the Federalist Papers - read the old letters (I have some of them myself from 1780s)

There were some Christians and those of other religious beliefs.

Soooooo...please do not try to religiously HIJACK the country for your own beliefs-----------

The concept of SHARING beliefs was the Number 1 priority in the Constitution - read it.

So let's just share, be tolerant and agree to live and let live.

Edited by AmericaInc

studly,

51 of the 55 founders were devout Christians and the country was founded on Christian Values.  Many generations have enjoyed the benefit of this country being founded on Christian Values.  It is only resent that the "Idiot Values" have surfaced to destroy the values the country was founded on.  The old saying of "the more you learn the less you know" has proven to be true with you and hamm. 

“If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.”

~George Washington,

Here Little Jon - read this. From our first President.

Understand why people in this country are so angry with Christians "holier than thou" attitudes - you guys try to take over society and government with your Bible, and then when people get angry, you say: "Oh, what about freedom of religion?" Don't we get to express our religion?

You do.

You just can't make the ENTIRE country do as you do. That's the nature of freedom.

That's why we call it a FREE country.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/167729-does-the-religious-right-and-the-gop-plan-to-turn-the-us-into-a-theocracy/#ixzz2nejTke67

Dinarstud, Can you please define what you mean when you say your un-biased, for your posting doesn't reflect it. Pretty onesided   

Definitely objective. Not one-sided at all. Great quotation finds that pinpoint what the founding fathers were thinking.

• Upvote 1

Hello there: Knock knock, Penny. Knock, knock Penny.

This country was established on the foundation of Christian religious freedom. Granted there was a bunch of businessmen that wanted to exploit the riches this land had, and it abused the Native American as consequence as history shows (which was the wrong thing to do) but a majority of the people came inorder to work, live, and not have the then government lead by King George,  tell them how to worship The Lord Jesus Christ. Government sponsored church in England, The Anglecan Church, aka Church of England dispensing food, to jobs, to business opportunities et al only to members of The Church of England. All because King George wanted to play the field, not take care of the poor, and still make it into heaven, and the Catholic Church was trying to enforce ethic rules based on The Catholic Bible. Thats why The Church of England tenents are essentially identicle to that of the Catholic Church with the exception of not recognizing the Pope as Head of the church.

This was the birth of the separation of church and state in our constitution and the fabric of being an American, because the forefathers saw how absolute power, be it government or religiously based, corrupts absolutely due to the weakness of man. That the government not sponsor and regulate religion, and that religion does not have influence in the laws of a democracy. That the government be of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Over two thirds of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were Pastors, Bishops, leaders, or simple members of their churches. Ben Franklin was a agnostic not an athesist. George Washington said something along the lines of :"As great as this new country is, as great as this country will be, we cannot achieve greatness separate from God." (Jesus Christ).

Common laws were based on locally held beliefs that were based on the Christian Bible. Many of our outright laws were based on these very same Common Laws.

A Christian Sharia Law in the USA never, it would not reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ. As Jesus Christ gave everyone the opportunity to choose to believe on Him. Compelling reasons, in the form of signs and miracles, to believe. Never did He ever teach that if you don't believe what He spoke, as was latter written in the Holy Spirit inspired new testiment which was joined to the Old Testiment, never did He teach that if you don't believe that you will be put to the sword for that choice. Just that He, and subsequently His disciples (which became known as Christians [or Christ-like] ) should pray for the unbelivers to see the light. 

The brutality of, believe as we believe or I kill you by the sword, or its 21st century equivilent of a AK-47 or suicide bomber, owes its birth to that of Islam.

The brutality of defend the faith, defend the land are biblically based, but became perverted by armies that would subdue the Christian faith, overtly and subvertly inorder to achieve its own goal separate from God. Pushing out the God that came to give freedom freely. Its product seen in The Crusades, in one government seeking to expand its empire stirring up the wealthy and uneducated masses, masses kept uneducated by their design. Thus, with many details left out, we come full circle back to the origins of our country the USA. A desire of the people to establish a Christian Nation, a nation of people that could see how the greed of heads of state and heads of churches can be corrupt(ed) to the detriment of both. Especially if the two were actually one. They wanted a democratic Christian nation where they can worship The Lord Jesus Christ freely.

It has not been a perfect walk from the beginning to where we are in this country today. Slavery, the cultural origins of which began in the Middle East and Africa. At least we have eliminated slavery here in the U.S. Fought a war against it we did. The need for the Civil Right Movement just so that all men, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles can finally be equal. The abuse of the native people of this land. That is all part of the history of this, the greatest country in the world.

During the Civil Rights movement, I remember the parades of black supporters, sidewalk to sidewalk marching up and down our street. I also remember standing in the garage, and the front room of the house and asking my father why are the people angry? Why are they trying to hurt us by throwing rocks at our house? Over the course of the Civil Rights movement we had people on 5 different occasions try to burn down our house. On two of them I personally chased a black man off enough to allow me to put the fire out, get my parents and the cops.. In the 90's evil came by and raped one of my sisters. I confess this was it for me, the rape of my sister, I slipped and uttered racial slurs. God and I have dealt with that. All this because we were the first house owned by a white family next to the projects??? Possibly. How about the crud my oldest son got for liking a black girl. Or the same bigotry my youngest son received for dating a Latina.  So we as an American nation still have work to do. I may not like those who did what they did for their evil reasons, but what Rev. King did teach me over the years is that not all white people were behind the evil that was perpetrated, and that not all the black people did to my family what was done. Or the Latino's etc.

There is evil in this world and we as Christians must stand united against it. Now as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. We will not repeat the mistakes of the past, or burden the innocent with the burden of the guilty. We will not let a man, regardless of the color of his skin, or the religion he lives by, terrorize us ever again. I will serve the Lord with what I pray will be a fantastic return on this investment/speculation in the Iraqi dinar. I will try to spread the goodness of our Lord and Savior to all corners of the earth. I will defend myself and those who believe in Him, with my life. Freely, and not because Rev T. G. Grahamm said to, but because God said to. First in prayer, fasting. When evil comes like a thief in the night, as long as I serve as head of this house and a Watchman in the Watch Tower, be afraid wolfe in sheeps clothing, evil doer,cuz your arms be to short to box with God's player. I will send you and yours straight back to hell. Faith in Jesus Christ Is Not A Crime.

• Upvote 1

I love it when people post about the 'religious right' as if it was describing the Black Plague.  (No that was not a racial statement).  If there is a concern about a religion taking over and forcing its will upon others it will be Islam.  We are seeing increasing where the 'religious right' aka, Christianity, is being removed for the sake of Islam.  You can seemingly do anything desired against a Christian and be supported but be arrested for hate crime is your offend a muslim.  People also need to remember that 'no religion' is still a religion.  Wiccan is a religion.  Druism is religion.  Celtic is a religion.  If atheism is not a religion then I really do not understand their verbose attacks against something they do not think exists.  If it is not there then why waste your time arguing with or about it. 

• Upvote 3

Well I guess I will be the first flat earther hahahahahaha  to respond to this BS.

Does the religious right and the GOP plan to turn the U.S. into a theocracy?

I sure the hell hope so.

​Its got to be better then monarchy

Right now instead of laws we have proclamations

and instead of being governed we are mandated

we have taxation with out representation.

We are a godless people on a blind path to no where.

And you and your kind truly believe that you will herald in this new age of slavery. 

while we stand idly by and do nothing.?

Boy are yall gonna be surprised  

Excellent.

Stud your attack on the Constitution and Christianity is duly noted. You are entitled to your opinion.  This is still a free country. I as an American am compelled to respect that. That does not mean that I have to agree with anything that was written.  Dog is right on the button. Good and evil. I am wondering where you sit.

I am hopeing you gave a merry Christmas . That Christmas thing. Well that is deeply rooted in Christianity................ :P

“If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.”

~George Washington,

Understand why people in this country are so angry with Christians "holier than thou" attitudes - you guys try to take over society and government with your Bible, and then when people get angry, you say: "Oh, what about freedom of religion?" Don't we get to express our religion?

You do.

You just can't make the ENTIRE country do as you do. That's the nature of freedom.

That's why we call it a FREE country.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/167729-does-the-religious-right-and-the-gop-plan-to-turn-the-us-into-a-theocracy/#ixzz2nejTke67

Definitely objective. Not one-sided at all. Great quotation finds that pinpoint what the founding fathers were thinking.

~ Yes we are reading the same thread R2D2 and reading it differently.

I salute Hames for saying what he said...

This is what made this country great... Freedom To Have Your Own Belief's. :)

That is the ONLY way to FREEDOM.

Not believe as I do... you have a right to your own beliefs... Remember The American Indians???

That is a part of our heritage that we don't wany to loose. IMHO

The "Tea Party" would do themselves well if they could get that concept. :)

Stud your attack on the Constitution and Christianity is duly noted. You are entitled to your opinion. This is still a free country. I as an American am compelled to respect that. That does not mean that I have to agree with anything that was written. Dog is right on the button. Good and evil. I am wondering where you sit.

I am hopeing you gave a merry Christmas . That Christmas thing. Well that is deeply rooted in Christianity................ :P

Attack on the constitution? Which one the made up religious right one???

There you go making up stuff. Christmas is rooted in pagan celebrations. And you really want me to take you seriously?? Get your facts straight, just becaus err you hijacked a pagan celebration does make it christian.

Edited by dinar_stud
  • Upvote 1