Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

United States Dollar vs New Iraq Share Price - USDIQN

yota691

While I have continued to read this entire post, I still do not see where we have found historical documentation of the ISO code IQD.  My question still is, can we find historical (factual) information that the ISO code IQD was changed when the currency changed in 2003 or is the ISO code IQD still the same as the Saddam currency because the new currency was/is not currently internationally traded?

Do we have historical documentation on when the ISO code IQD was approved and implemented?

This is a very interesting thread and I am appreciative of all the opinions and research done.  I am grateful to yota for posting the original article to start this conversation :)

As you can see in my previous posts in this thread, I have made subtle hints at the nonsense between members that have no relevnce to our ISO history hunt.  If you want to have a pissing contest, please start a new thread!  If you want to support and encourage the pissing contest, please do so in the thread they start. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

252px-Dinar-25000.jpg After the Fall of Saddam...

25,000 dinars banknotes ISO 4217 code IQD Central bank Central Bank of Iraq  Website www.cbi.iq User(s) 23px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png Iraq Inflation 1.66%  Source Central Bank of Iraq, June 2010. Subunit    1/1,000 fils Symbol ع.د Coins 25, 50, 100 dinar [1] Banknotes 50, 250, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 25,000 dinar

During the Saddam Regime.....

Currency Iraqi dinar (IQD) Time zone Arabia Standard Time(UTC+3)  -  Summer (DST) not observed (UTC+3) Drives on the right Calling code +964 ISO 3166 code IQ Internet TLD .iq

per Wikipedia...

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Yota,

Learn something everyday here. I never knew that there was a 50 dinar coin. Always went by the CBI site , Never really looked for or heard of the 50

Found this after reading your Post showing 50 dinar coins.

Nominal value: 25 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: the Copper-plated steel the Note:   irq25YAcps.jpg irq25YRcps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

Nominal value: 50 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: a Steel plated bronze the Note:   irq50YAbps.jpg irq50YRbps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

Nominal value: 100 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: the Nickel-plated steel the Note:   irq100YAnps.jpg irq100YRnps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

http://www.e-allmoney.com/coins/asia/iraq-c.html

• Upvote 1

Thanks Yota,

Learn something everyday here. I never knew that there was a 50 dinar coin. Always went by the CBI site , Never really looked for or heard of the 50

Found this after reading your Post showing 50 dinar coins.

Nominal value: 25 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: the Copper-plated steel the Note:   irq25YAcps.jpg irq25YRcps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

Nominal value: 50 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: a Steel plated bronze the Note:   irq50YAbps.jpg irq50YRbps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

Nominal value: 100 dinars Stamping: 2004 the Material: the Nickel-plated steel the Note:   irq100YAnps.jpg irq100YRnps.jpg Zalivka.jpg

http://www.e-allmoney.com/coins/asia/iraq-c.html

They had coins but the people would not use them because well they were pretty much worthless when buying stuff.

They had coins but the people would not use them because well they were pretty much worthless when buying stuff.

Yea pretty weird, I spend some time down in Colombia and their currency is worth less than the dinar and they use their coins all the time.

I think the problem was you had to carry a whole lot of coins to make purchases, they were not convenient.

If I remember correctly, weren't wheelbarrows a valuable commodity then :lol:  :P   Thank you Zig for all your information!  Have a great weekend :)

While I have continued to read this entire post, I still do not see where we have found historical documentation of the ISO code IQD.  My question still is, can we find historical (factual) information that the ISO code IQD was changed when the currency changed in 2003 or is the ISO code IQD still the same as the Saddam currency because the new currency was/is not currently internationally traded?

Do we have historical documentation on when the ISO code IQD was approved and implemented?

This is a very interesting thread and I am appreciative of all the opinions and research done.  I am grateful to yota for posting the original article to start this conversation :)

As you can see in my previous posts in this thread, I have made subtle hints at the nonsense between members that have no relevnce to our ISO history hunt.  If you want to have a pissing contest, please start a new thread!  If you want to support and encourage the pissing contest, please do so in the thread they start. 

I think what we have come up with is that since is wasnt a redenomination, there wasnt an official new ISO code given.

However, during the 3 month exchange period, the dinar we hold now was referred to as the NID (New Iraqi Dinar) to seperate it from the Saddam dinar. Then once the Saddam dinar was officially deemed not of legal tender, the new dinar we now hold resumed the code IQD. 

I couldnt pull it up on here, but Im almost positive that if you can find the "Declassified Future Plans for Iraq" They also refer to the dinar we hold now as the NID for the exchange purposes and to distinguish it from the Saddam dinar.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm sonny1's aunt, he got banned from here, but he wanted me to say hi to all the old timers, he also thinks keepm is 100% right on this, if they release a new code were screwed. He thinks its funny that people would rip on keepm for actually having a job, and raising a family the right way. Obama must be rubbing off on people. Lol.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm sonny1's aunt, he got banned from here, but he wanted me to say hi to all the old timers, he also thinks keepm is 100% right on this, if they release a new code were screwed. He thinks its funny that people would rip on keepm for actually having a job, and raising a family the right way. Obama must be rubbing off on people. Lol.

Thanks for the update, I miss Sonny1's back and forth with the lopster tank.  I hope Keep and other's like him aren't banned because they really do give an air of legitimacy around this place. If all you want is an RV tomorrow, there are plenty of sites you can go to and get your fill. At least this site allows an opposing view, that says a lot about this forum.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Tell Him We Miss Him Around Here :)

Thank You For The Message And I Very Much Agree With Him. Lol

• Upvote 2

Whats good my dude? Dang I havent seen you around here in a while!!!  

Hell yea get up with me when this comes to a stop, Ill throw a bottle in the freezer now so it will be ready lol....

That is what I would be afraid of. It just seemed momentarily that they might actually be serious only cause I remember seeing zeros articles mentioning t he budget and 2014, and then articles of them trying to approve the budget before years end. Knowing them, yea it wont happen at least this year like everything else they talk about that takes FOREVER to finish lol.

But I do wonder how quickly they could approve these "samples" and get the printing presses running. Like how long would it take to print 30 billion or so dinar? Roughly a billion notes according to them.

You got it Bro!