Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obamacare Impact On Seniors

I believe that if Obama care is not repealed in it’s entirety we are going to see

American longevity decrease at a dramatic rate

I also believe that we will see more and more people die before they can collect

Social Security

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise   

• Upvote 3

I believe that if Obama care is not repealed in it’s entirety we are going to see

American longevity decrease at a dramatic rate

I also believe that we will see more and more people die before they can collect

Social Security

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise   

Well sure your gonna see more people die.

Thats what this is all about.

A thinning of the herd.

All those baby boomers gotta go.

Gotta make room for that 

do nothing generation 

• Upvote 1

Already insured my friend with Tri-Care via the military service.

did your tri-care go up. I ask because i am a retired state govt employee that always had good insurance. But due to ACA, the monthly cost doubled, and the deductible tripled. ACA is not the answer. But healthcare does need to addressed in this country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Amy Payne

October 8, 2013 at 6:30 am

(8)

Apparently things aren’t ugly enough in Washington, so President Obama has started scaring senior citizens.

“In a government shutdown, Social Security checks still go out on time,” he said last week. “In an economic shutdown, if we don’t raise the debt ceiling, they don’t go out on time.”

This scaremongering is completely unnecessary, says Heritage’s Grover M. Hermann Fellow in Federal Budgetary Affairs, Romina Boccia.

President Obama is needlessly scaring seniors by suggesting that their Social Security benefit checks may not arrive on time if the U.S. runs out of borrowing authority at the debt limit. The 57 million Americans who receive Social Security benefits should know that their benefits will not be affected—unless President Obama and the Treasury deliberately choose not to pay them.

Boccia details three reasons why Social Security checks can still be paid even if the U.S. hits the debt ceiling.

Meanwhile, Congress is in gridlock confronting the real threat to seniors: Obamacare. For this entire segment of the population, Obamacare threatens:

• Less access to care
  • Fewer health plan choices
  • Less access to physicians
  • Higher premiums in Medicare Part D
  • Higher taxes

And on top of all that, the future of Medicare is still in jeopardy. As Heritage expert Alyene Senger says, “Rather than implementing the structural reform desperately needed in Medicare, Obamacare’s provisions threaten current seniors’ ability to access care and leave Medicare in jeopardy for future generations.”

There is a real threat to our seniors’ personal health care decisions and their savings. Congress should act now to defund this unfair, unworkable, unaffordable law.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps hindsight is best. Should have gone with Clinton's plan 20 years ago. Why, with Bush's two terms, did not the GOP cone up with workable plan? We need a good plan for heaven's sake! Why is the US the sickest western country in the world! we spend more than all the other western nations combined, we have the highest infant mortality rate and we rank dead last in longevity.

Further, the leading cause of death in this country is the medical system itself, what with medical errors and properly prescribed

Medications. Think about that.

We do NOT have the best medical system in the world. Break your leg in France and you are taken care of - free. Break your leg here and good luck with your savings account. Why doesn't the government (why didn't the government) examine the health care systems in Canada, Great Britian, Germany, France to see what they do right and adjust ours accordingly.

Why? Follow the money! Our medical system treats symptoms instead of figuring out causes. Drugs do not cure, they treat. If the medical system addressed diabetes as a dietary problem and taught how to prevent it the numbers would drop dramatically.

But there is no MONEY in prevention, so the public remains in the dark and those few who choose to learn about diet and exercise are the ones who skip happily along without prescriptions.

• Upvote 2

did your tri-care go up. I ask because i am a retired state govt employee that always had good insurance. But due to ACA, the monthly cost doubled, and the deductible tripled. ACA is not the answer. But healthcare does need to addressed in this country.

You can blame the sequester for going up. And there you have to blame congress both parties. because they could not get their act together.

Wrong! You blame the American public for being in a fog for the last 50-60 years and allowing/trusting in Gov to do the right thing. As long as things don't affect us(public) directly, we (public) typically turn a blind eye, and these thieves know it.

You can blame the sequester for going up. And there you have to blame congress both parties. because they could not get their act together.

• Upvote 2