Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sorry Cooked I came in this thread taking your question all serious... and then got hit with some much needed comic relief. :D

Here is my serious reply...

Plan A (2 years ago) = Dinar RV

Plan B (reality) = Survival

Plan C (still formulating) =

Dude we all know plan c is for COOKIES!!!!

• Upvote 3

Dude? Don't you know by now Maggie is a Lady?   Smile.

Its okay Umbertino :)

I have been called "Dude" by some mighty sweet young folks... by mistake and they blush... sweet. :blush:

I'd rather them call me "Dude" than "Mam"... that just bugs me... don't know why?

I'm a woman with all the trimmings... I love men... but I am totally flattered when someone sets me as an equal.

Just musing here... smile

I have been called "Dude" by some mighty sweet young folks... by mistake and they blush... sweet. :blush:

I'd rather them call me "Dude" than "Mam"... that just bugs me... don't know why?

I'm a woman with all the trimmings... I love men... but I am totally flattered when someone sets me as an equal.

I know that Snow Globe was joking....Smile.

• Upvote 1

:)

Maggie,
If they call you M'am it means you have advanced to a certain age and they are trying to be polite. They often even begin opening doors and asking if they can carry your bags. I am there and it cracks me up.

Don't get me wrong Millie... I am there and I like that part too. :D I can't compliment (Thank You!) them enough!

So Sweet :)

What goes down WILL come up again! How many Iraqis do you think want their money or savings back to to where it was worth something 22 years ago before the war? If you where them...wouldnt you want your money to be worth what it was in 1990? Now...if they lop...they just wont screw their citizens once....they will screw them twice! Talk about a lot of pissed of citizens....for this reason alone...I think they will make it right not only for the citizens but for the people that are going to make the decision at the CBI. Go RV!!!!

• Upvote 1

Sorry Dude......won't happen again.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

Please share... It's evident you know something   we don't.

We are so wrapped up in our own frustration over this thing not happening when we thought it was supposed to that we have failed to realize that this is not on our terms.   This RV has been planned to happened and it is going to happen.  I cant give you a date or time but I can only tell you that IT WILL.     So sit back and relax. Trust me... when it happens you will find out about it . It wont pass you by.  :peace:

THIS IS THE QUIET BEFORE THE STORM................ :)

Edited by millionaire in training
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dear lovely lady. When/if I refer to you as mam it is with the utmost respect. There is no reference to age or anything intended, just pure respect. So please don't be offended when I call you mam.

With respect. Cooked. :peace:

We are so wrapped up in our own frustration over this thing not happening when we thought it was supposed to that we have failed to realize that this is not on our terms.   This RV has been planned to happened and it is going to happen.  I cant give you a date or time but I can only tell you that IT WILL.     So sit back and relax. Trust me... when it happens you will find out about it . It wont pass you by.  :peace:

THIS IS THE QUIET BEFORE THE STORM................ :)

Ok.....

"So sit back and relax."..... I swear... I have been trying for the past 9 years......

• Upvote 1

No doubt we all got into this to make money.  Why would anyone buy dinar for any other reason?  What's the age old line about motive:  "if you wonder what it's all about or who is involved, just follow the money."  In this case, it should be simple:  1) the GOI pretty much controls everything financial in Iraq;  2) Iraq is full of "liquid gold" and natural gas that the World needs more of;  3)  Iraq owes a LOT of money to a lot of countries, companies, and individuals;  4) it would be reasonable to expect the GOI (who controls all things financial in Iraq) to endeavor to restore the country's standing in the Int'l Financial Community.  How do they do that?  PAY THEIR BILLS.  How do they pay their bills?  Selling liquid gold and natural gas is a big start.  But think about this:  wouldn't it make sense for them to pay as much of what they owe in this "financial restoration" process as quickly as possible?  And wouldn't step 2 of "making sense" be for them to RV their currency to pay these debts with as much RV'd dinar as possible?  

Just a note:  a company that I'm involved with is negotiating an Iraqi contract now with the GOI -- oil field services.  Part of negotiations is the GOI's desire to make partial contractual payments WITH DINAR.

Hmmmmmmm.......... 

• Upvote 4

No doubt we all got into this to make money.  Why would anyone buy dinar for any other reason?  What's the age old line about motive:  "if you wonder what it's all about or who is involved, just follow the money."  In this case, it should be simple:  1) the GOI pretty much controls everything financial in Iraq;  2) Iraq is full of "liquid gold" and natural gas that the World needs more of;  3)  Iraq owes a LOT of money to a lot of countries, companies, and individuals;  4) it would be reasonable to expect the GOI (who controls all things financial in Iraq) to endeavor to restore the country's standing in the Int'l Financial Community.  How do they do that?  PAY THEIR BILLS.  How do they pay their bills?  Selling liquid gold and natural gas is a big start.  But think about this:  wouldn't it make sense for them to pay as much of what they owe in this "financial restoration" process as quickly as possible?  And wouldn't step 2 of "making sense" be for them to RV their currency to pay these debts with as much RV'd dinar as possible?  

Just a note:  a company that I'm involved with is negotiating an Iraqi contract now with the GOI -- oil field services.  Part of negotiations is the GOI's desire to make partial contractual payments WITH DINAR.

Hmmmmmmm.......... 

Hmmmmm...... is right!

Really interesting post... Thank you for your insight Big Newby.

Sorry Dude......won't happen again.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

:lol: Ok Ok... Just don't call me Shurely!

Dear lovely lady. When/if I refer to you as mam it is with the utmost respect. There is no reference to age or anything intended, just pure respect. So please don't be offended when I call you mam.

With respect. Cooked. :peace:

:) Thank You Cooked... that was so sweet and you have changed my mind.

I won't look at it the way I used to again... maybe I was just fighting the idea of getting old. :rolleyes:

While I am not jumping into the lopster tank. I do not anticipate a lop. I sadly do not expect any great gains from this investment. I do not think it will suddenly pop as some expect. I often wonder why the Iraqi people write so many articles predicting a great rise in the value of the dinar, maybe that is just their propaganda machine at work. I definitely enjoy many of my friends here at DV. I just think I have a feeling I have a better chance to win $10000 in the lottery than to make $10000 from this investment.

Who here really expects a major windfall profit from the dinar?

You know cooked it depends on the day but I have never expected a windfall for 2 years now.  I do like how things went this week in many ways.  Looks like an early check out with Kuwait.....and that takes them out of chapter 6 as I understand it.  Looks like fancy technology is hooked up to the banking system and new implementations in banking instructions along with a committee appointed to identify the price of the US dollar in return for the dinar for all purposes. <---- very cool.  So all in all not a bad week, and oh yeah they admitted Talabani is really, officially, no mistake about it dead.  I suspect the National Meeting is really a wake for Talabani.  Not that this is good news, but at least the people now know the truth and that is good.

Windfall? Who knows? I do believe there will be some sort of a gain and any would be great. Have to remember that this is a SPECULATIVE endeavor and NOTHING is guaranteed no matter how many gurus say so. Logically everything suggests that an RV of the Iraqi dinar would be the absolute best and sane way to go for not only and especially the citizens of Iraq, but for the rest of the world as well. Does that mean it WILL happen tomorrow or next month or next year or ever? We can gather information and try to get an equation out of it, but honestly NO ONE has an absolute answer. All we know right now is that it has NOT happened and also that it is most definitely not an overnight get rich ordeal. There are people who have been waiting for this thing for nearly 10 years so, that pretty much puts that idea to bed. Then again, there's the part about this whole thing being a "ten year plan". If that were true then I'd say we are getting close. Of course it all depends on when they started the timer lol. You see, that's the insanity of this whole thing... Everything that comes out or is put out whether rumor, lie or fact always has an opposing opinion or fact so, NO WONDER NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT! Let's just hope that we are right on the part about it actually happening... and in our lifetime of course lol.

You know cooked it depends on the day but I have never expected a windfall for 2 years now.  I do like how things went this week in many ways.  Looks like an early check out with Kuwait.....and that takes them out of chapter 6 as I understand it.  Looks like fancy technology is hooked up to the banking system and new implementations in banking instructions along with a committee appointed to identify the price of the US dollar in return for the dinar for all purposes. <---- very cool.  So all in all not a bad week, and oh yeah they admitted Talabani is really, officially, no mistake about it dead.  I suspect the National Meeting is really a wake for Talabani.  Not that this is good news, but at least the people now know the truth and that is good.

I admit I have learned SOOOO much about the world, politics, the M.E. since I invested. I have learned a great deal here at D.V. People like yourself have brought over a wealth of info. I appreciate all of that. I admit I did think I was going to hit it big real quick when I bought in. I have lowered my expectations recently and am comfortable with where I am at this point. I just don't see any rapid appreciation from this. It seems more lie business as normal, I don't really see any true intent to raise the value. These Iraqi politicians just like to talk. Yes, the country as a whole has potential, but I don't see real movement. But it's all cool.