Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN SECURITY COUNCIL SCHEDULED MEETINGS Thursday, 27 June 2013

http://www.un.org/en/sc/programme/ Daily Programme PROGRAMME OF MEETINGS AND AGENDA SCHEDULED MEETINGS Thursday, 27 June 2013 SECURITY COUNCIL 

10.00 a.m. - 6989th (closed) meeting - ECOSOC Chamber

1. Adoption of the agenda

2. Meeting of the Security Council with the troop- and police-contributing countries pursuant to 

resolution 1353 (2001), annex II, sections A and B

• United Nations Mission in South Sudan
11.00 a.m. - 6990th meeting - Security Council Chamber

2. The situation between Iraq and Kuwait

• Thirty-fifth report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999) (S/2013/357)
  • Letter dated 12 June 2013 from the Permanent Representatives of Iraq and Kuwait to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General (S/2013/358)
Morning* - 6991st meeting - Security Council Chamber

2. The situation in the Middle East

• Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) for the Period from 1 April 2013 to 30 June 2013 (S/2013/345)
Morning** - Consultations of the whole (closed) - Consultations Room

- Iraq/Kuwait (S/2013/357)

- Other matters

3.00 p.m. - 6992nd (closed) meeting*** - Security Council Chamber

2. Implementation of the note by the President of the Security Council (S/2010/507)

• Wrap-up session

*To be held following the adjournment of the 6990th meeting.

**To be held following the adjournment of the 6991st meeting.

***All member States are allowed to attend the 6992nd (closed) meeting in accordance with rule 37 of the Council's provisional rules of procedure. Member states wishing to attend their names on the list should contact the Secretariat (email: dpa-scsb3@un.org; or fax 1 (917) 367-0406).

• Upvote 4

I take its their current time and not EST.

The Headquarters of the World Organization is located on an 18-acre site on the East side of Manhattan so yes it would be EST for you.  The current time there is 26 June 7:36 PM.  I live in Perth Western Australia - current time 27 June 8:36 AM

Anyone found a link to watch it live?

I think that it is unlikely that there will be a live link.  I think that it is a closed session.

Afternoon agenda: removal of ch7.

You bet mate.

As UNSC headquarters are in New York (Eastern Daylight Time), it will be early Friday morning in Perth before the vote is taken and we know the outcome with an RV to follow shortly.....one would hope - but there are no iron-clad guarantees.  Stay tuned. 

Edited by Captjohn
  • Upvote 1

The Headquarters of the World Organization is located on an 18-acre site on the East side of Manhattan so yes it would be EST for you.  The current time there is 26 June 7:36 PM.  I live in Perth Western Australia - current time 27 June 8:36 AM

I think that it is unlikely that there will be a live link.  I think that it is a closed session.

You bet mate.

I spent 8 weeks in Perth while I was in the Navy. Loved every second of it!