Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

in defense of obama

dontlop

***///

By jiminy, we like ya just fine, BIKER. :tiphat:

You're a Patriot who speaks his mind and puts it out there with conviction!

Wave that Freedom of Speech Banner to your heart's content, that's what it's all about! :twothumbs:

You're Red, White & Blue, Son! :eagle:

Unless your freedom of speech allows you to post an alternate view from theirs.  Then you should just sit back and be quiet because you are obviously a moron, a dumba$$ and a commie who has no rights what so ever.

srgtfuzy...The double standard and hypocrisy with which you carry yourself is quite common in alzheimer's patients as well as sociopaths.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Bumper64
name calling/bashing
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

Unless your freedom of speech allows you to post an alternate view from theirs.  Then you should just sit back and be quiet because you are obviously a moron, a dumba$$ and a commie who has no rights what so ever.

srgtfuzy...The double standard and hypocrisy with which you carry yourself is quite common in alzheimer's patients as well as sociopaths.  Just sayin'.

LiBoy, if you are directing this statement at someone other than yourself, let me remind you of the Forum Rules.  If you are directing this statement at yourself,...  Do you want a hug? :lol:

-

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

***///

LIBOY... that was uncalled for and very disrespectful. 

In paying a compliment to BIKER we hardly expected such a defamatory and ill-thought out attack by you.

Alzheimers is a very serious, deadly disease.

It robs one's dignity and the memories of thse they love and their entire life of experiences they looked forward to remembering.

We volunteer with aging United States Military Veterans who are dying from this disease.  It is hard, very hard.

It is sad to watch, it is painful to work with them as they become hollow human shells devoid of everything they knew.

Most have been abandoned by their families as a result.

Your questionable retort to our compliment to BIKER, - someone we respect very much,

insinuates by your own verbiage, that you are the type of person who would also abandon a friend or family member with this horrible disease,

as you find it amusing and fodder for trying to beat up on 3 Elderly Patriots.

You are a very small person - with no sense of fair play -

and an acerbic, sharp tongue that often over-rides your brain.

We're sorry for you ---- to see you set yourself up for ridicule by your own pathetic hand.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Yo, buttwipe, my mother dies of alzheimer's.  If you really want to have a 'chat' I would gladly comply.  Ever walk up to the door of your mother's house, knock, and have her greet you with your father's name who has been dead for about 5 years? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yo, buttwipe, my mother dies of alzheimer's. If you really want to have a 'chat' I would gladly comply. Ever walk up to the door of your mother's house, knock, and have her greet you with your father's name who has been dead for about 5 years?

So sorry Desimo, my grandparents are both in beginning stages... my grandma told me Happy New Years Thursday morning, it was my anniversary. I am just glad she connected the day with the knowledge it meant something... So sad to watch and definetely nothing to treat so lightly..

I hurt for you Bama.  Yes it really does make you ache as you see people you love living in a whole different world.  As they become increasingly unable to take care of even the most basic of needs you pray for the sweet kiss of death for them.  Only afterwards you feel so guilty because you had your prayers answered. 

• Upvote 1

***///

We want to thank those of you who have shared your stories here.

We know it is something none of us is prepared to deal with. 

The stages of acceptance on both sides, the victim and the care-giver is just so painful

You're all very brave and our hearts & prayers are with you.

Always know there is someone to call on.... you can't do it alone and it's alright to ask for help. 

People like us are out here for you. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

ya its wierd how  things work .. this could take ten years to fix ...and if the next president comes in and opens the flood gates on the economy .. the interest rates will  kill it .. we would have jimmy carter all over again ...

reagan fixed  it with  military spending .... and  bringing the ira accounts to mainstream america .. creating individual retirement accounts   for average  americans .. they eventually came as a benifit to  employees . 401k .. this is how the money was distributed it was devided up umongest  working familys .. and not just given to corporate america .. thats how he got  those dollars off the streets and into savings ..which led to demand for dollars on the streets .. which strengthened the dollar ... but in the mean time our ira dollars were working in  corporate america ..  and all those who were saving and investing in ira accounts were benifiting by investing in corporate america  and trickle down  interest  on their money in their ira account.. it also created 10s of milions of jobs for the next 25 years .. which others took credit for ..

so they have to figure out a way .. like reagan did , to get those dollars off the streets ,, and invested .. into our 401k.. which should be mandatory maybe 7%   kinda like  social security is mandatory .. but it would be owned by individuals .. and if you die ..you could leave it to your spouse or children in your will .. not like social security . where the govt confiscates it when you die .. eventually social security wouldnt be necessary any more ..ira accounts could go up to 10% savings .. along with employer  contributions into a health care  ira

right now those dollars are sitting in the fed .... they canot be released  or inflation would kill us .. so lets all aquire some in our ira .....its our money .tax payers  are the ones who bailed them out  ...the banks should of filed bankruptsy . and gotten a new slate .. but they should not of got bailed out .... .. and we  can hold the money till  we retire ... end of money glut .. resume the  economy ... dollar gets stronger .. makes people want to work for it .. more jobs are created .. more revenues   for the govt. to pay its debt ..make a mandatory 100 billion a year payment towards our principle of our nations debt .on top of interest payments

Interesting and great food for thought.  Its definitely a great time to be buying houses. The only thing I remember not being so comfy with during the Reagan years was the astronomical interest rates on house loans. Remember that? 10% was pretty common and there were many at 13%APR on house loans. I had just turned 20 and it was my first house purchase..... I'm sure that somehow figures into the equation you detailed above..... but my brain does not wrap around these equations very well. (And I clearly don't understand the equations so it may not have had anything at all to do with the financial policies at that time).... So I am really interested.... What would have to happen (or could it ever happen again), .... what would be the financial climate for mortgage loans to get to 10-15% again. 

And I ask if that could even be possible to happen again, as one of my brilliant friends I don't see often and only half azzz understand, says these days are so different in that we have simultaneous combinations of inflation with depression or recession with with depression (or something like that) That we don't have just one isolated financial climate event anymore. I hope that makes sense to you, cause I can't understand it well enough to ever repeat it  :lol:   

(He also took one of my 20 dollar bills and tore it up to explain it.... and all I could focus on was that he could have torn up a paper towel and done the same demo  :D )

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 1

I just can't sit back watching this and say nothing.

LIBoy is not wrong in his assertion that hypocrisy and double standards are common to both Alzheimer's patients and psychopaths (to mate oh, toe mot o). 'Hypocrisy' as we commonly refer to it,  is quite common during the middle stage of the illness, during which time, the patient's store of factual knowledge is severely reduced. It is of course quite common to psychopaths as part of their 'illness'. 

Perhaps linking these attributes to another member by way of naming specific illnesses was not the best way to communicate the observation of hypocrisy or double standards. 

I am so sorry for those of you who love another experiencing the illness of Alzheimer's. It is so very difficult, painful, and immensely challenging. And LIBoy's comments were not specific to anyone who loves another with this illness, nor were his comments a commentary about those suffering this illness. Personalizing it is certainly an indication of just how difficult, painful and real this illness is in the lives of some of our colleagues here on DV. However, it not in any way personal to the illness, and does not characterize the intentions of LIBoy, nor could anyone by any stretch conclude anything other than his disdain for the hypocrisy and double standard he noted. His unfortunate referential use of these two illnesses, likewise unfortunately struck a very tender nerve for some.  

It is likewise unnecessary to continue to capitalize on this sensitive subject and use that to drive a point that was never made, in order to be right about chastising LIBoy.  Tossing out the wounded victim card in order use feigned sensitivity just to keep hammering on something so precious and dear to others is to me, far more offensive. And I would be lacking integrity if I just sit here and not take issue with the characterization of LIBoy as completely unwarranted by what he said, and if nothing else its self serving  generated hyperbole used to derail attention from his actual stated intention. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yo, buttwipe, my mother dies of alzheimer's.  If you really want to have a 'chat' I would gladly comply.  Ever walk up to the door of your mother's house, knock, and have her greet you with your father's name who has been dead for about 5 years? 

No, but I have walked into my dad's house and he thought I was the paper boy. That was about 5 years ago, about a year before he died from alzheimer's in a hospice bed while I held his hand.

The comments I made in my post are medical facts. Anyone who wants to challenge me on that can look it up.

Markinsa, your statement is off base and very one sided. I get called out and reminded about rules because I made factual statements about two very tragic illness'. However a few posts later I am called "butt wipe" by another member and that is not addressed. Again, very much shows the double standard on this site. It was ok for that member because they are most likely a conservative republican.

The site needs to have a disclaimer that "unless you are a conservative republican that has no tolerance for any other political, social or personal views, please do not enter this site".

Unfortunately, I have turned to mocking and ridiculing others because that is the only thing I have been shown by others when I share my opposing views. I guess I have become a product of my environment.

I am a big boy and certainly don't need anyone's approval or friendship on this site when it comes to my beliefs. However, just some basic respect from time to time would be fabulous.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Carter,  asked Congress to impose price controls on energy, medicine, and consumer prices, but was unable to secure passage of such measures due to strong opposition from Congress.[48] One related measure approved by Congress during the presidency of Gerald Ford, the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, gave Presidents the authority to deregulate prices of domestic oil, and Carter exercised this option on July 1, 1979, as a means of encouraging both oil production and conservation.[49] Oil imports, which had reached a record 2.4 billion barrels in 1977 (50% of supply), declined by half from 1979 to 1983.[39]

Following an August 1979 cabinet shakeup in which Carter asked for the resignations of several cabinet members (see "Malaise speech" above), Carter appointed G. William Miller as Secretary of the Treasury, naming Paul Volcker as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board.[50] Volcker pursued a tight monetary policy to bring down inflation, which he considered his mandate.[51] Volcker (and Carter) succeeded, but only by first going through an unpleasant phase during which the economy slowed and unemployment rose. Inflation did not return to low single-digit levels until 1982, during a second, more severe recession; President Reagan re-appointed Volcker to the post in 1983.[14]

Led by Volcker, the Federal Reserve raised the discount rate from 10% when Volcker assumed the chairmanship in August 1979 to 12% within two months.[52]The prime rate outstripped the Federal funds rate, reaching 20% in March 1980. Carter then enacted an austerity program by executive order, justifying these measures by observing that inflation had reached a "crisis stage"; both inflation and short-term interest rates reached 18 percent in February and March 1980.[53] Investments in fixed income (both bonds held by Wall Street and pensions paid to retired people) were becoming less valuable in real terms, and on March 14, 1980, President Carter announced the first credit control measures since World War II.[54]

The policy, as well as record interest rates, would lead to a sharp recession in the spring of 1980.[55] The sudden fall in GDP during the second quarter caused unemployment to jump from 6% to 7.5% by May, with output in the auto and housing sectors falling by over 20% and to their weakest level since the 1975 recession.[39]Carter phased out credit controls in May, and by July, the prime rate had fallen to 11%,[52] with inflation breaking the earlier trend and easing to under 13% for the remainder of 1980.[56] The V-shaped recession coincided with Carter's re-election campaign, however, and contributed to his unexpectedly severe loss.[48]

Lower interest rates and easing of credit controls sparked a recovery during the second half of 1980, and although the hard-hit auto and housing sectors would not recover substantially,[39] GDP and employment totals regained pre-recession levels by the first quarter of 1981.[42][43] The S&P 500 (which had remained at around 100 since 1976), rose to nearly 140 by the latter part of the year.[57]A resumption in growth prompted renewed tightening by the Fed, however, and the prime rate reached 21.5% in December 1980, the highest rate in U.S. history under any President.[58] The Carter Administration remained fiscally conservative during both growth and recession periods, vetoing numerous spending increases while enacting deregulation in the energy and transportation sectors and sharply reducing the top capital gains tax rate.[6]Federal budget deficits throughout his term remained at around the $70 billion level reached in 1976, while falling as a percent of GDP from 4% to 2.5% by the 1980–81 Fiscal Year

i know the democrats say carter was a good president but if obama follows carters  policy .. obama could end up  leaving office alot  worse  of a president than carter ..

if the money in the fed hits the markets too fast . we will see  instant inflation that would cause interest rates to go up .. and thats the last thing our govt needs when its borrowing money every 6 months .. ...

ratecharts1.gif

reagan inherited a very high fed prime rate . he brought it down ..you can see january 1981 when carter left office

if the united states hit 21% it would tottally destroy the united states economy ..  17 trillion in debt at 21% interest rates close the lid .. turn out the lights

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

No, but I have walked into my dad's house and he thought I was the paper boy. That was about 5 years ago, about a year before he died from alzheimer's in a hospice bed while I held his hand.

The comments I made in my post are medical facts. Anyone who wants to challenge me on that can look it up.

Markinsa, your statement is off base and very one sided. I get called out and reminded about rules because I made factual statements about two very tragic illness'. However a few posts later I am called "butt wipe" by another member and that is not addressed. Again, very much shows the double standard on this site. It was ok for that member because they are most likely a conservative republican.

The site needs to have a disclaimer that "unless you are a conservative republican that has no tolerance for any other political, social or personal views, please do not enter this site".

Unfortunately, I have turned to mocking and ridiculing others because that is the only thing I have been shown by others when I share my opposing views. I guess I have become a product of my environment.

I am a big boy and certainly don't need anyone's approval or friendship on this site when it comes to my beliefs. However, just some basic respect from time to time would be fabulous.

You know, its gets pretty tiring when both sides start name calling. Its like kids in the back seat of the car complaining to dad, "Dad, will you tell him to stop touching me!!"  Grow the hell up! Be an adult and accept the fact that people on here aren't going to agree with you.

I wasn't clear on whether your statement was directed at others or yourself, that is why I didn't give you a full warning and tried to make light of the situation.  However, now that you are complaining about the Mods on here, I'm going to give you one last warning not to complain about how we moderate in the open Forums.

Finally, realize you are in a forum whose members mainly holds consertive views and live with it.  You got your choice in President, but that doesn't mean we have to like it or sit back and let him tear our country apart and not say anything about it.  I don't respect your views, because I think I'm right, and I think you're wrong, simple as that.

You want respect, go to another website that holds your views.

-

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Wow, thanks DontLop!.... I'll have to take some time and read it slowly and connect the dots..... It looks like you are basically saying the RR inherited a big mess... and had to clean it up..... and if O goes the way of Carter, the same thing / climate is going to emerge? Ugh... Your info was really helpful and looks like it took a lot of work.... Thanks much  :bravo:

You know Rayzur, you 'chastize' pretty often yourself... I say that with respect of course.

Bamagirl.... you are not wrong  :D And looking at it, I can see where some people would and could say that. I would like to think of it as admonish versus chastise, but will have to consider your observation, (provided you specifically chose that word).

Every dog has its bone to chew in their lifetime, and mine unquestionably takes issue with negative energy/commentary/attitude that serves to divide, separate and focus us upon that which makes us different and thereby isolates us from the other. Its probably years of ingrained team command, responsibility, empowerment and mission accomplishment. I've had those in my command who constantly point out the problem.... never once the solution, just commentary on the obvious as if it were news. The challenge is and always has been, what the flip do we do, given where we are. And for me, relative to my training I guess, bashing doesn't do anything to change where we are today. I usually empower those people to transfer out, and we as a team are far more unified, focused and empowered to face whatever the hellfire challenges us at the moment. So yes, I do get a bit testy when folk emerge as divisive as its not solution oriented and pretty much engenders entropy, anger, and derailment from a unified mission focus. 

We are where we are. If some folk want to wait it out for 4 years, that is totally fine. Honest. But please don't ask me to indulge wasted time and energy waiting with them around the campfire trading slams, slurs and bashing about where we are. Things are tough enough in the world, extremely hard for some people, and so depressing for others, without being drug down into some constant slam hole. Though I guess I have to put myself in check on this, as it may serve some useful purpose for those who continue to engage it. I don't know how, but would have to admit that I do judge it to be meaningless, counter productive, and in some cases actually destructive. As one who commands many, and carries the responsibility that goes with that,  its not something I will or can or would even consider endorsing. And I probably do share it more than most... and there is no question BamaGirl.... I do admonish therein :rolleyes:

As a final thought, I can not separate myself from who I am trained to be. None of us can. It is in my blood, soul and every fiber of my being, as it is for many. You count on this being so for me as for every officer serving this country. You count on me and every other officer knowing what is right and the right thing to do, down to the bone marrow, and not waiver from that.... to the point of death in defending what is right. As it should be.

And with that I will say it now, and only this once; as a field grade officer, it is indeed my expectation, that anyone claiming to have served in the military should be able to  conduct themselves as such. That does not mean we have to agree, and likely means we will often disagree. Disagreement is necessary such that one is never blind sided by those sitting on the other side of the table. I appreciate dissent in opinion. I'd rather have it come from my guys, than those guys. However, that form of disagreement, for military personnel, former and current, ... if that service ever meant anything to them, if that oath ever meant anything to them, .... does not ever include publicly referring to an elected President of the United States, as some kind of common garbage, filth, or trash. Any military person worth their salt or service, knows we respect the position and not the person. And referring to the person with anything other than respect in public opinions, is not becoming of an officer or gentlemen. Maybe enlisted don't carry that threshold of conduct, but I would have to say, it sure as hellll was never any enlisted person I ever knew. No way. Officer and Gentleman down to E1 all the way. So by all means, honestly, hate the guy all you want. There have been more than I few I could not stand,.... and a few I actually thought were evil. But it is never my place as a military service member to make those comments publicly. Hate the guy all you want.  But do without losing your bearing or bringing dishonor on the military.  

So to be sure we are on the same page, I appreciate how much support is given military folk these days. It makes one proud, and honored to serve. And every time someone is disgracefully disrespectful to our President, whoever it is, be assured, it runs counter to the very integrity asked of me and every other officer in serving you and honoring the oath I took.... We all took.... 

Hey BamaGirl... bet ya didn't think my reply was going to be a thinking out loud response  :lol: .... Yup, I guess there are times when one of my core  nerves is struck, and I have to temper my instinctual response to want to rip off the head of the beast I find offensive to the military oath and service, and destructive to the morale of the "team".....of course relative to my perspective and  in my opinion.... 

Hopefully that addresses your thoughts.... cause I got lost in all my words and can't remember what initiated the reply  :lol:  :lol: Have a great rest of the weekend  :D  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Wow, thanks DontLop!.... I'll have to take some time and read it slowly and connect the dots..... It looks like you are basically saying the RR inherited a big mess... and had to clean it up..... and if O goes the way of Carter, the same thing / climate is going to emerge? Ugh... Your info was really helpful and looks like it took a lot of work.... Thanks much  :bravo:

it would be at minimum 10 times worse .. this time theres 16.7 trillion dollars debt  and a trillion dollar deficit .. .. it would completely destroy our country .. our dollar .. and the reserves held by other countrys ..

this im my mind is why we need a professional  to lead us through this mess .. . honestly romney should of been preside in 2008 .. not a campaigner in chief

romney spent his life fixing  screwed up things ...he has the expierence  .. maning hes already made alot of mistakes .. and has become very successful  from  the learning experience.. instead we got a rookie .. and the second term has just begun ..

i dont know if you watched that video i provided on the opening    of this topic .. but there are some experts that see  this as  ready to explode .. possibly this year some time .

• Upvote 1

You know, its gets pretty tiring when both sides start name calling. Its like kids in the back seat of the car complaining to dad, "Dad, will you tell him to stop touching me!!"  Grow the hell up! Be an adult and accept the fact that people on here aren't going to agree with you.

I wasn't clear on whether your statement was directed at others or yourself, that is why I didn't give you a full warning and tried to make light of the situation.  However, now that you are complaining about the Mods on here, I'm going to give you one last warning not to complain about how we moderate in the open Forums.

Finally, realize you are in a forum whose members mainly holds consertive views and live with it.  You got your choice in President, but that doesn't mean we have to like it or sit back and let him tear our country apart and not say anything about it.  I don't respect your views, because I think I'm right, and I think you're wrong, simple as that.

-

The last line validates everything I have been saying. Thank you for having the courage to finally say it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

-

wow this is the first time i ever I gave you a green plus...well put

Thank You Rayzur For BOTH Post! You Show Far More Courage To Speak The Truth Than Many Here!

I Wish I Could Say It As Well As You Did... So I Appreciate Your Words Immensly.

Even Though I Have Never Been In The Military, Your Words Ring Very True For Me.

I Appreciate All Your Service And The Wisdom That You Have Aquired From Doing So.

:salute:

Tells Me Even More About Some Here...

That They Are Trying To Give Validity To Their Biased, Hatefilled, Useless And Divisive Drivel Under The Guise Of Being A "Patriot".

PATRIOT = "A Person Devoted To And Supportive Of His Or Her Country" (And ALL Of The Citizens Of That Country)

Over Half Of The US Citizens Voted For President Obama, And Some Here Would Love To See ALL DEMS Put On A Slow Boat To China.

That Is NOT PATRIOTISM!

The Way LIBoy And Others Here Have Been Treated Here Is Not Coming From Patriotism... Just Rude, Narrow Minded, Disrespectfulness.

BamaGirl, I'm Quite Sure You Will Find My Post "Admonishing" Too... But Only Because It Is "Your Pals" Doing This... So I Won't Take It To Heart.

What Rayzur Said Today Was LONG Overdue.

I For One Am Going To Join With Others Here That Are Interested In Finding Solutions And Working TOGETHER From Here On Out.

Anyone Is Welcome... Who's In???  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am telling everyone I know about www.petition2congress.com.

It is my hope to get somemore letters out to my local congress members today.

As the dinar changing value, step by step.

With Taitz's cases it appears to be legal positioning at this point but it too is step by step.

We all need to know the truth what ever it may be.

Hey, I pay way too much in taxes not to know.

PEACE

Come on RV

Oh Dontlop I have a variable loan on a property and I have been watching that interest rate stay low. I think you are right about slow growth is a must.

Protect Constituents Rights of Appeal on NOAA Marine Mammal Permit Applications.

NOAA National Marine Fisheries service has proposed that only applicants or "Permitees" be afforded the right of appeal on permit appliccations for the taking of Marine Mammals.The public has always in the past been allowed to voice objection...

YES Bigwave!!! I am very much FOR the survival of Mammals.

Thank You :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

PATRIOT = "A Person Devoted To And Supportive Of His Or Her Country" (And ALL Of The Citizens Of That Country)

Over Half Of The US Citizens Voted For President Obama, And Some Here Would Love To See ALL DEMS Put On A Slow Boat To China.

Anyone Is Welcome... Who's In???  :)

According to the "United States Election Project", there are approximately 241 Million People of voting age in the United States, of that 241 Million, approximately 222 Million were eligible to vote.  It is estimated that 129 Million voted for the Office of President, and of that 129 Million, 62,611,250 voted for Obama. Doing the math with a little rounding 63/241 = .26141079, or roughly 26.14%, not half...

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1