Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

13 Questions to ask before selecting an Wealth Manager

Ronin7043

1. What are the Advisor's Professional Credentials?

2. Is the Advisor's Approach Objective?

3. Did the Advisor Ask About Your Investment Needs, Objectives and Risk Tolerance?

4. What is the Advisor's Investment Process?

5. Are You in Your Comfort Zone?

6. How Will the Advisor Keep in Touch With You?

7. Does the Advisor Prepare a Written Investment Policy Statement?

8. Is the Advisor's Fee Reasonable?

9. Who Holds My Assets and Will They Be Safe?

10. Do You Provide a Report Showing the Investment Performance of My Portfolio?

11. What Benchmarks Do You Use For Comparison?

12. May I Have a Copy of Your Disclosure Brochure for My Review?

13. What Kind of Reports Do You Provide and How Frequently?

Edited by grumpy
typo's
  • Upvote 1

1) when's it going to RV

2)When's it going to RV?

3) When's it going to RV?

4) When's it going to RV?

5) When's it going to RV?

6) When's it going to RV?

7) When's it going to RV?

8) When's it going to RV?

9) When's it going to RV?

10) when's it going to RV?

11) When's it going to RV?

12) When's it going to RV?

13) Has it RV'd YET?

• Upvote 4

1) when's it going to RV

2)When's it going to RV?

3) When's it going to RV?

4) When's it going to RV?

5) When's it going to RV?

6) When's it going to RV?

7) When's it going to RV?

8) When's it going to RV?

9) When's it going to RV?

10) when's it going to RV?

11) When's it going to RV?

12) When's it going to RV?

13) Has it RV'd YET?

those are the only questions that I am concerned about right now as well Monga.

3. Did the Advisor Ask About Your Investment Needs, Objectives and Risk Tolerance?

4. What is the Advisor's Investment Proess?

7. Dose the Advisor Prepare a Written Investment Policy Statement?

Ronin, my partner in the Dinar makes monthly business trips to Mesa, are you anywhere near there?

• 2 weeks later...
Good list, I would add a number 14 though....

14. Have your adviser show you their audited track recored, if they have one, especially 2002 and 2008. I could be mistaken but I do believe those were the two worst recent years for the market...

rd

That really sums it up quite nicely.:tiphat:

THANK YOU! I've been looking for information similar to this -- here's my questions:

1. What are the Advisor's Professional Credentials? (What is considered GOOD credentials?)

2. Is the Advisor's Approach Objective? (Please, give me an example of "objective.")

8. Is the Advisor's Fee Reasonable? (What is considered "reasonable" -- a percentage of investment, a percentage of returns, a flat fee?)

Edited by TMills6864
htm

4. What is the Advisor's Investment Process?

7. Does the Advisor Prepare a Written Investment Policy Statement?

Sounds like good thanks to thank about. Edited by krohnie

Great Post....everyone holding Dinar needs to consider the changes that are about to occur. Unless you are currently a high net worth individual (we are talking finances here, of course everyone is a high net worth individual)...you likely don't have any experience with the things high net worth individuals are required to think about.

Initially things boil down to just a few important categories:

A. Tax minimization.

B. Asset Protection.

C. Growth

You likely will want to address each of these and it might make sense to consider the order in which you address them. This thread appears to be a direct jump to C. Some "Advisors/Financial Experts/CPAs/Attorneys/Financial Consultants" will claim they are a one stop shop....IMHO if you hear that I would run for the hills. If you ever sit down with a "financial expert" who has a track record and some level of expertise in a single field, they will very quickly tell you that they could not possibly specialize in all fields. Some people can refer you to others in their network which could be beneficial. My advice is shop around and interview the people you are going to work with. I recently interviewed a CPA who claimed to have systems to eliminate taxation through structured businesses.....Later I find out this guy just lost his entire net worth ($8 Million) do I want to trust him and his systems with my money?

I also would like to add, there is a common mans version of conventional wisdom and there is the wealthy mans version of conventional wisdom, when it comes to money....two very different things.

You follow the same old cow path as everyone else you are likely headed to the slaughter house....

We need to become fiscally conservative, why? Lots and lots of people are going to be after your money. I'm not paranoid, I'm a realist.

It really will be about how much you keep.....ever wonder why almost all of the lottery winners end up broke? Think about it....think that won't happen to you?

Unless something changes about the way we approach large sums of money versus what we are used to doing...others will be writing about all the Dinar Millionaires who blew all their money just like the lottery winners.

My Plan C. had to past the following test, and it did and I am ready. I recommend you put your "Financial Expert" to this same test see how they come out:

1. Is your money Creditor Proof where it sits?

2. When your estate passes to your heirs is it estate tax free?

3. Will your "Financial Expert" GUARANTEE: Positive Growth? No Loss of Principal? Your ability to calculate your short and long term returns?

4. Tax Deferred Growth?

5. Lack of Restrictions on the cash, full liquidity, control of and access to funds?

6. Dividends with no taxes?

7. Tax Free Distributions?

8. Ability to use the money being managed as your own personal bank for loans and any other purpose you see fit?

Good Luck and let me know your thoughts on my post.

• Upvote 4

Great Post....everyone holding Dinar needs to consider the changes that are about to occur. Unless you are currently a high net worth individual (we are talking finances here, of course everyone is a high net worth individual)...you likely don't have any experience with the things high net worth individuals are required to think about.

Initially things boil down to just a few important categories:

A. Tax minimization.

B. Asset Protection.

C. Growth

You likely will want to address each of these and it might make sense to consider the order in which you address them. This thread appears to be a direct jump to C. Some "Advisors/Financial Experts/CPAs/Attorneys/Financial Consultants" will claim they are a one stop shop....IMHO if you hear that I would run for the hills. If you ever sit down with a "financial expert" who has a track record and some level of expertise in a single field, they will very quickly tell you that they could not possibly specialize in all fields. Some people can refer you to others in their network which could be beneficial. My advice is shop around and interview the people you are going to work with. I recently interviewed a CPA who claimed to have systems to eliminate taxation through structured businesses.....Later I find out this guy just lost his entire net worth ($8 Million) do I want to trust him and his systems with my money?

I also would like to add, there is a common mans version of conventional wisdom and there is the wealthy mans version of conventional wisdom, when it comes to money....two very different things.

You follow the same old cow path as everyone else you are likely headed to the slaughter house....

We need to become fiscally conservative, why? Lots and lots of people are going to be after your money. I'm not paranoid, I'm a realist.

It really will be about how much you keep.....ever wonder why almost all of the lottery winners end up broke? Think about it....think that won't happen to you?

Unless something changes about the way we approach large sums of money versus what we are used to doing...others will be writing about all the Dinar Millionaires who blew all their money just like the lottery winners.

My Plan C. had to past the following test, and it did and I am ready. I recommend you put your "Financial Expert" to this same test see how they come out:

1. Is your money Creditor Proof where it sits?

2. When your estate passes to your heirs is it estate tax free?

3. Will your "Financial Expert" GUARANTEE: Positive Growth? No Loss of Principal? Your ability to calculate your short and long term returns?

4. Tax Deferred Growth?

5. Lack of Restrictions on the cash, full liquidity, control of and access to funds?

6. Dividends with no taxes?

7. Tax Free Distributions?

8. Ability to use the money being managed as your own personal bank for loans and any other purpose you see fit?

Good Luck and let me know your thoughts on my post.