Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25 Reasons Why We are Better Off Today than Four Years Ago

Carrello

the last post was an explanation about why I expect things to get worse before they get better. You obviously feel we are in a recovery. I respect your opinion but believe any minor and temporary fluctuation in the figures are just that. Minor and temporary. This was not intended to be an indictment of our president.

I see manipulation of the price of precious metals, and the govt purchase of its own treasury bonds, and the endless printing of the money supply as a last ditch effort to stave off the inevitable results of careless and irresponsible fiscal policies for many years.

I do not blame this all on President Obama but he is a willing participant in continuing these type policies. As most politicians he is doing what is best for the short term polls and to get himself re-elected just like most politicians. Certainly this is not a result of his actions alone and I do not believe that.

I will say in due respect sir, that it is my opinion that the President does not have a solid understanding of fiscal responsibility and how these things work. Or that he has any idea of how to make this country back to its greatness from where it is now. Of course he is not the cause of the condition of our country now but he is not the answer either.

There are many things I do not like about Romney but I do like the fact that he does have some history of taking failing businesses and events (the Olympics and the state he governed) and turning them around to where they were not operating at a deficit and became profitable.

Will he have the wherewithal to make the tough decisions required? If he is elected only time will tell. It will definitely take someone who is more concerned about our country than their political popularity. That is one reason I like Chris Christy. He will make tough decisions and call it like it is regardless of whether it is popular or not. Of course he is not without flaw and his record shows that as well.

GP

The Federal Government is not a profit making organization. You run it like a business and you'll serve a lot of pink slips and less will get done. Different strategies to say the least.

The fixes, whether temporary or popular, are what the country responds to. A catch 22 situation that the American people will not let the country evade. That's because people don't like change. Isn't this site apparent to that fact?

No we can't blame it all on the POTUS but he does have FULL ownership.

• Upvote 1

The Federal Government is not a profit making organization. You run it like a business and you'll serve a lot of pink slips and less will get done. Different strategies to say the least.

The fixes, whether temporary or popular, are what the country responds to. A catch 22 situation that the American people will not let the country evade. That's because people don't like change. Isn't this site apparent to that fact?

while the US gov't is not a business it should be run by sound fiscal policies. Pink slips need sometime to be served if the bills can't be paid. All institutions should run within their means or their abilities will be severely hampered or eventually lost.

This may seem callous but in fact it is the opposite.

The basic philosophical difference seems to be whether the gov't exists to take care of people or not.

I do not believe this is the purpose of Govt. But its purpose is to maintain order, protect its citizens from foreign aggression, and to enforce the basic civil rights in the declaration of independence and basic fundamental principals defined in the constitution.

GP

• Upvote 2

OMG Corrello really? I normally enjoy reading your posts but now I'm concerned about your ability to think clearly. I thought you were a bit smarter than all the crap you just puked onto the screen...UGH I guess Dems really think all those things are true and correct depictions of his accomplishements? No real concern over the reality of each one of those line items?? Thats what happens when all you get is what the government lap dog liberal media force feeds you in uniform comformity. It's even hard to watch John Stewart anymore because I see the manipulation he's using and I fear for those watching that don;t understand the side he is not allowing you to understand but I digress.

I mean come on effectively dealt with the BP oil spill are you simple or something? He did absolutely nothing but possibly get in the way. Did you hear about the bearocratic hurdles someone had to go thru to get in there to help out? Thanks Obama. You give him credit for things he had nothing to do with, they were done ion spite of him etting in the way thanks to our own enginuity etc. The other things you list are simply horrible for the plight of american prosperity and individual freedom. Again that's something that people programmed to depend on government or other people's money are not very knoweledgable about.

Must I remind you of his statement on live telivision that he won't rest until the BP oil spill crisis is resolved and then we almost immediately see that he's been playing a record amount of rounds of golf in that time..Does that not matter to people like you ...??? Oh it doesn't matter he's lying to your face as long as he's a democrat right? Thats where your brain stops right? Get away from the coolaide long enough to gain some perspective that grants you and your opinion SOME VALIDITY.

I work in commercial insurance and deal in the real world. All I see is the graveyard where businesses once stood and now shopping centers speckled with vacancies that are crushing the building owners financially so they too end up losing their buildings to the banks.

On top of that I see many my friends and family members without businesses they once owned, without jobs they once excelled at, without homes they once owned and finally without any hope so THANKS FOR THE CHANGE

I can't wait to be a proud American once again and not be called names for wanting to prosper or having some pride in my country and our belief in personal responsibility and the ability to make my own decisions on what products to purchase and which charities get my good will. Time to put an end to this lying, money grubbing, corrupt, manipulative, inept, liberty and freedom crushing Obama administration come November. His vision of America is nothing like mine or my

Then we can right this ship :twocents:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"less will get done" I don't know how much LESS they can do!!! The govt has been doing LESS with our money for decades,but sure as heck dont mind asking for more from us. And yes the gov is'nt a business,but millions like myself believe that is the problem. If one does'nt give a rats A** bout finances which is evident by both parties how can we ever get hold on the spending?

"less will get done" I don't know how much LESS they can do!!! The govt has been doing LESS with our money for decades,but sure as heck dont mind asking for more from us. And yes the gov is'nt a business,but millions like myself believe that is the problem. If one does'nt give a rats A** bout finances which is evident by both parties how can we ever get hold on the spending?

I'm a for profit businessman; not a non-profit, not an economist. With all that have happened, America is still - by far - the strongest nation in the world. We're not a 3rd world nation because of our government. Our programs are intended to bring people up - that doesn't always work so well. Programs are also to provide an acceptable quality of life.

• Upvote 1

I'm a for profit businessman; not a non-profit, not an economist. With all that have happened, America is still - by far - the strongest nation in the world. We're not a 3rd world nation because of our government. Our programs are intended to bring people up - that doesn't always work so well. Programs are also to provide an acceptable quality of life.

I'm a strong believer in smaller govt & entitlement programs,sadly we are going in the reverse direction. As a businessman how can one accept the notion that our govmnt has any clue of which they do, based on they're own admission of figures. Now if they(gov) generated and used their own funds without burden on its citizens (via taxation)I guarrantee the reults would be different.

Programs?? Every program the govenment touches is going under or bankrupt. u.s. postal service, social security, medicare. the government cant spend our money better than we can.

what does a rich corporate person do with all that wealth??? THEY SPEND IT....it goes directly right back into the economy at 1:1 value. our government takes a dollar....takes their administration fees and pass it through the system. we get less than a dollar...for our bang for the buck

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

I'm a strong believer in smaller govt & entitlement programs,sadly we are going in the reverse direction. As a businessman how can one accept the notion that our govmnt has any clue of which they do, based on they're own admission of figures. Now if they(gov) generated and used their own funds without burden on its citizens (via taxation)I guarrantee the reults would be different.

Should government go into business for profit? If so, what? Liquor, Food industry, etc...

Dog53 you got that right... now as for #19 "Credit Card Bill of Rights"... yes, he defended the credit card companies. Formerly CC debt was technically non collectable unless you gave into the pressure of the collectors who btw get a nice percentage if they can collect. CC debt was not "legal debt" prior to this act. How can I make such an outrageous claim you may ask???... bottom line, previously they couldn't throw you in jail for not paying this "debt"... try doing that with your taxes or other debt. They couldn't take your wages, they could reposes what you purchased. They previously could only do one thing (besides harass the heyall out of youdry.gif).. they could destroy your "credit rating". And since we are a nation built on debt that is how they could hurt you. Many folks were wising up though.. and decided to not pay those CC bills... that's why the CC company's lobbied a liberal party to "throw them a bone"... so they passed a law now where this once non collectible debt is now legally collectible and hence he gave the money hungry CC companies teeth.... which will allow many more American families to maintain their sinking into debt over their heads. Another way to ruin the country. Folks... the best thing to do is cut those things up. Get a debit card and watch your spending, and stay within your budget. Stay out of that trap... it really could kill you eventually with stress. Good job O... make it even easier for Americans to never get back on their feet. angry.gif

1. Saved the banks nope<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">2. Brought the stock market from 6,500K to 13,000K brought the national debt up to 16 trillion<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">3. Saved GM No he saved the unions<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">4. Repealed DADT Yeah<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">5. Ordered a Mini Dream Act not one of his better ideas<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">6. Created 4.3 million jobs When we need 23 million<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">7. 27- straight months of private-sector job growth Kool aide stands dont count<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">8. Passed Healthcare No He shoved it down our throats <br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">9. Ended the war in Iraq Nope iraq simply kicked us out<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">10. Drawing down from Afghanistan Yep and leaving it for al queda to come back<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">11. Doubled the Number of Border Security Agents Then ordered them not to do their job<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">12. Appointed First Hispanic Justice legal or illlegal<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">13. Restored America’s Standing in the world That ones histarical <br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">14. Dealt effectively with the BP Oil Spill Hmmm I sure wont eat bay scallops for a while<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">15. Dealt effectively with the Pirate Crisis I belive it would be our navey that did that<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">16. Dealt effectively with H1N1 Nope its still here<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">17. Kept America Safe Yeah Take a walk in chicago after dark<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">18. Passed Financial Reform That one must mean he spent more of our money<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">19. Passed a Credit-Card Bill of Rights <br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">20. Passed Equal Pay for Women Wow now that one I think your kinda streching <br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">21. Nearly Wiped out Al Qaeda Yeah Right <br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">22. Killed OBL Nope that would be the navy seals that did that<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">23. Added Eight-yeas of solvency to Medicare Nope what he did was rape the medicare funds<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">24. Quit smoking lier<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">25. And got a dog Doesnt count the poor dog had no say in the matter<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz25nuWKL1c

Programs?? Every program the govenment touches is going under or bankrupt. u.s. postal service, social security, medicare. the government cant spend our money better than we can.

what does a rich corporate person do with all that wealth??? THEY SPEND IT....it goes directly right back into the economy at 1:1 value. our government takes a dollar....takes their administration fees and pass it through the system. we get less than a dollar...for our bang for the buck

You paint too broad of an inaccurate stroke for me to reply. Thanks Sandstorm

• Upvote 1

Should government go into business for profit? If so, what? Liquor, Food industry, etc...

In some states the government does run the liquor stores. In Oregon the licensed store owner buy's there stock from the state liquor commission that sets the price that they can charge.

• Upvote 1

In some states the government does run the liquor stores. In Oregon the licensed store owner buy's there stock from the state liquor commission that sets the price that they can charge.

NC does that, they are called "ABC Stores"... very plain brick buildings, if you don't know they sell alcohol you might think they are a school supply store. One smart entrepreneur started a liqueur store on the Florida State line just across from NC state line and named the building "ABC Store"... most of the NC residents would naturally stop into his store to stock up for their Florida vacation. Just shows that in spite of the Govt. regulations... smart business owners can sometimes find a way around those limitations!!! laugh.gif

"The Obama administration on July 12th issued waivers to the work requirement, part of the TANF [Temporary Assistance for Needy Families] law, and essentially by doing so was sidestepping the law, sidestepping the Congress and promoting their own policies, which are gutting the successful welfare reforms of 1996,".

"After welfare reform was passed in 1996, we saw the welfare rolls drop by 50 percent within just five years," she notes. "We also saw the poverty rate decline. The child poverty rate plummeted, particularly the poverty rate for African-American children, which declined to its lowest level in U.S. history."

Critics of the work requirement removal have also pointed out that President Obama said he was in favor of the work requirement during his 2008 campaign for the White House. A video of those remarks began making its way around the Internet following the administration's recent changes to welfare reform.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz25tIiSmtJ

• Upvote 2

"The Obama administration on July 12th issued waivers to the work requirement, part of the TANF [Temporary Assistance for Needy Families] law, and essentially by doing so was sidestepping the law, sidestepping the Congress and promoting their own policies, which are gutting the successful welfare reforms of 1996,".

"After welfare reform was passed in 1996, we saw the welfare rolls drop by 50 percent within just five years," she notes. "We also saw the poverty rate decline. The child poverty rate plummeted, particularly the poverty rate for African-American children, which declined to its lowest level in U.S. history."

Critics of the work requirement removal have also pointed out that President Obama said he was in favor of the work requirement during his 2008 campaign for the White House. A video of those remarks began making its way around the Internet following the administration's recent changes to welfare reform.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz25tIiSmtJ

The President has repeatedly stated his views, positions, and values one way but acted in a diametrically opposite way when it comes to policy and decisions.

Is it any wonder that there are many questions about what his true intentions are and whether he can be trusted?

GP

• Upvote 2