Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Toilet Seat Up....Toilet Seat Down

littlefeet

As early as I can remember, after using the big boy toilet, my Mom yelling at three boys to put the toilet seat down !!!! It was three against one, so early on I kept the seat down for mama. Even if I kept it down, it would be one less time she would have to put it down.

Between leaving home and marriage was about ten years, so I may have gotten sloppy in the etiquette for women, and guys instinctively leave the seat up..don't know why.

Never became an issue again until getting married. I would get the cold porcelain shriek and yell from down the hall, " hey, put the seat down". Then one day there was no shriek, she was coming back down the hall......"come put the seat down" , like if I got up and went to put it down for her, It would always be down.....I understood the point of it, but there are some things you just live with, right ?

So after getting up and going down the hall, instead of whining about, we both entered the bathroom at the same time looking at the seat straight up in the air !!! Yep, that was my handy work for sure !!! So before I lowered the seat, it hits me, a compromise.....I say, " If I have to put the seat up to use it, can you put it down to use it...???

She said "sure", We shook on it, kissed and I left the bathroom............never did put it down that last timetongue.gif

• Upvote 3

I tried that approach but it didn't work. I eventually got my way though. What I did was decide to leave it down, all the time. My aim isn't so great all the time and before I knew it, she was happy to lower it herself. :D

• Upvote 2

I tried that approach but it didn't work. I eventually got my way though. What I did was decide to leave it down, all the time. My aim isn't so great all the time and before I knew it, she was happy to lower it herself. :D

My husband does the same thing, probably same theory, so to throw him off after he's up in the morning, I sometimes sneak upstairs and put the seat up, and leave for work. I think he has fallen in a couple times now. :lmao: Make sure you always check though my friend.

Ladies, sitting down on the toilet should be like a baseball pitcher winding up, you take a step back so your leg is touching the bowl, if you don't feel the seat poking you in the back of the leg, the seat is up. That move has saved me many a night when I had to go in the middle of the night and didn't want to turn on the light and worry about my aim. :twothumbs:

-

• Upvote 1

NOW I KNOW WHY IT HAS NOT RV'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously you guys don't know about the fact that if you flush the toilet without the lid down you are flushing your wealth down the toilet!!

Shame on all of you.

NOW LET'S ALL START PUTTING THAT SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU FLUSH, IT WILL LEAVE IT DOWN FOR THE LADIES SO EVERY ONE HAS TO LIFT TO GO.

ps - our house has a rule - all men sit to pee. keeps the walls clean and the women happy.

go RV!

• Upvote 1

The 11th commandment - Men shall always put the seat down when there is a female in the house.

and if you break this commandment you will go thru hell on earth until you start putting it down!

My husband lives by the 11th commandment. wpsmit your to funny. I read your post and just say, don't ever lose your humor. :D

Littlefeet, "comprimise" is good. ;) But you won this one, if you didn't put it down this last time. Chalk one up for you. :D

• Upvote 1

HaHa ...Finally having some fun here..

I have read that Japanese have a toilet that , is heated , knows your sex AND washes and dries the tooshie when done ... Knowing the sex IS important. YES it is expensive.

WOW, that's new, last time I was there, their toilets were in the floor and you had to squat over them. I never did figure out how to do that without falling in. :lol:

-

• Upvote 1

If mama ain't happy, nobody's happy. I try to live by that rule.

Somebody left the seat up at her parents house when we stayed the night. I was awakened by a blood curdling scream. She went to sit down and pulled a back muscle when she tried to stop herself from going in. Tryig not laugh after the initial adrenaline rush was very difficult. After 10 hours later in the emergency room we went home. Never did find out who left the seat up.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. tongue.gif

• Upvote 2

HaHa ...Finally having some fun here..

I have read that Japanese have a toilet that , is heated , knows your sex AND washes and dries the tooshie when done ... Knowing the sex IS important. YES it is expensive.

WOW! That sounds great. I think I'll put that on my post-rv bucket list. Now if I could just find a female to share the new toilet........ :D :D :DB)