Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi's coalition: signatures of over-confidence, including the 200 block of Maliki

yota691

Allawi's coalition: signatures of over-confidence, including the 200 block of Maliki

31/5/2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - add comment -

(Rn) said the coalition in Iraq, led by former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi on Thursday that the number of MPs who will vote in favor of withdrawal of confidence from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki over the 200 sign including the Congress of the mass of the rule of law. Iraq has in the meantime mobility of Iraqi leaders find in the withdrawal of confidence from Maliki, an option to resolve the current crisis and in particular the coalition and Iraqi Kurds and the Sadr movement. Maliki's critics say that the latter did not abide by the agreements and deadlines given to him to raise his hand from the uniqueness of the resolutions and met several times to hold talks to agree on a common formula that could pave the ultimate vote in the parliament to withdraw confidence from the government. said Maysoon al, spokeswoman for the coalition in Iraq, told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that the number of signatures, which will vote in favor of withdrawal of confidence from al-Maliki have exceeded the 200 "and continues growing,". participate Maliki's critics in his government, but they believe in approach to policy shed very much like a dictatorship But supporters of al-Maliki say that their leader is working according to the legal framework and asked who Antkaddoh amendment of the Constitution which granted broad powers. When asked whether it was within the signatories of deputies of the State of Law Coalition led by al-Maliki said Damluji "Yes. there is rule of law." she said in response to a question about the number she did not know the exact number or names. She added that the number is "increasing." Joseph Karwan

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=59112#ixzz1wVysY0nq

• Upvote 2

Yes, thanks yota.......well it is looking pretty obvious that Maliki can be voted out; now the next question is will he? We have no announcement of a full GOI yet, we have no HCL or anything else that Erbil requires.

Is today the day for any of this to take place, is another question......

Folks, I could be wrong but I think this is the most pressure that we could have wanted to try and make a man change for the good of his people. If he doesn't implement Erbil or Seat the GOI than we will know that Maliki is one of the biggest dummies of the world.........a man helps with the writing of the New Republic of Iraq's Constitution and signs an agreement called Erbil to win his second term knowing the constitution will need to be amended to enable the Erbil to conform and then keeps saying he is working within the constitution and the world is to just say OK...........give me a break there Maliki you big dummy!!!!!

Morning folks.......

Thanks mods, Adam.....;)...oh, you too yota!

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 7

When it comes to Iraq, I believe we as hopeful onlookers are viewing things through stained glass and that is the best view we have at this time. My thoughts ... regardless of which political blocks are right or wrong, good guys vs. bad guys and all; my hopes are that Iraq and its people will soon blossom into the peaceful and prosperous nation that they can become. My hopes and prayers for Iraq are for a better tomorrow, regardless of what today might bring.

Yes, thanks yota.......well it is looking pretty obvious that Maliki can be voted out; now the next question is will he? We have no announcement of a full GOI yet, we have no HCL or anything else that Erbil requires.

Folks, I could be wrong but I think this is the most pressure that we could have wanted to try and make a man change for the good of his people. If he doesn't implement Erbil or Seat the GOI than we will know that Maliki is one of the biggest dummies of the world.........a man helps with the writing of the New Republic of Iraq's Constitution and signs an agreement called Erbil to win his second term knowing the constitution will need to be amended to enable the Erbil to conform and then keeps saying he is working within the constitution and the world is to just say OK...........give me a break there Maliki you big dummy!!!!!

Morning folks.......

The removal of maliki will lead to conflict and turmoil. why do people think removing maliki is the solution? Maliki is sticking to the constitution. as a newborn or reborn country its of the utmost importance they follow and stick to there constitution. Iraq needs to ammend the constitution to allow for the erbil as agreed to. Or implement erbil to a point of constitutionality.

there is a trust factor between the blocs that will be destroyed and cause turmoil. the removal of maliki could only be a setback, with possible sectarian backlash.

Maliki and hos bloc wont. just walk away with a smile on their face. this is iraq, not some other tenured democratic society.

this is important for democracy to survive. at some point, one bloc or the other wont get their way, and they need to accept the democratic way for solution. not the continuedmethod of threatened to withdrawl or shut down parliament. with any argument one side is always threatened to burn every political bridge.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The removal of maliki will lead to conflict and turmoil. why do people think removing maliki is the solution? Maliki is sticking to the constitution. as a newborn or reborn country its of the utmost importance they follow and stick to there constitution. Iraq needs to ammend the constitution to allow for the erbil as agreed to. Or implement erbil to a point of constitutionality.

there is a trust factor between the blocs that will be destroyed and cause turmoil. the removal of maliki could only be a setback, with possible sectarian backlash.

Maliki and hos bloc wont. just walk away with a smile on their face. this is iraq, not some other tenured democratic society.

this is important for democracy to survive. at some point, one bloc or the other wont get their way, and they need to accept the democratic way for solution. not the continuedmethod of threatened to withdrawl or shut down parliament. with any argument one side is always threatened to burn every political bridge.

I have to disagree with some of what you said. Maliki is not following the Constitution because he has not seated the government. He is acting as head of the military and Interior and other posts that were supposed to filled with other blocks. Maliki hides behind the Constitution when it is convenient. Also, I think this is the most cohesive that Iraq's tribes or blocks have been with the gang of 5 showing the way. As far as turmoil it will depend on how they handle it.

• Upvote 3

Well, you can bet your sweet arse that however they "handle" it will definately require a meeting and most likely a new committee will have to be formed to "study" the situation for a while. Geesh, these guys make me wanna barf! I really think I'm gonna have to stop reading this stuff for a while before my laptop introduces itself " violently" to the nearest wall.

RSS

• Upvote 1

Morning folks.......

Hey man, what up???? Glad you are back.

good to see ya buddy

Well removing Maliki is becoming more popular in the country since he is being exposed little by little. He has been trying to keep his seat by bribery. These big 5 of Erbil are working that out. Sadr has said the Alliance is not Maliki it is collective.

The agreements of Erbil was to have a power sharing government to keep from having dictatorship. The nice clause in the Constitution that Saddam put there brought about Erbil and Constitutional changes. So what Maliki was suppose to do was implement and (through agreements of Erbil) of setting up the Strategic Council and every time it was brought up he slammed it down. He refused to do it. You saw what he did, He only lacked getting control of the monetary. (CBI)

I don't know but I sure hope you haven't been listening to that psycho Frank. I finally hear this nut. He's a freak. And he has no clue what he is talking about. He found out that "Allawi" is not the enemy.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

Yeah you know I watched BBC, read articles and followed the withdrawal of confidence here in the last month of Greece, Italy and Kuwait just in case Iraq was going to end up this way and folks it is not a very long process. That is why 5 names had to be turned in from the National Alliance tobe Maliki's replacement, the same seated PM party nominates their members as the NEW PM must be within the same party to finish out Maliki's term, then after this term is up the new elections will be held. My thought is that he will comply in the next two days before parliament comes in on what they call an Extraordinary Session; I estimate that to take place Sunday if it is true! Like the other countries we should see an announcement of this on main stream mediatoday or tomorrow...BBC is the best source for this IMO.

If he doesn't comply and form the GOI or start implementing Erbil then expect him to resign, at least he will keep some face. Now if it is true and he is dumb enough to let it go to a vote and believe me it will be televised on a world news station that you can count on.

I'm typing way to much here now so I'll cut it down by saying that this process that a few of you are down about is at tops a two week process, at the tops. If Parliament is called in and Maliki is voted out Parliament will not go back on vacation again until the 14th as they cannot leave that office open for days according to their constitution if I remember right. So they will vote and confirm a new PM within days. I saw this happen to these other countries that replace their PM's. By the way Greece’s Parliament did not have enough vote to throw their last PM out but he resigned because he know he was not going to be good for the country any longer, I know we are talking about Iraq so some maysay it’s not the same thing but yet I say it is. Don’t split hairs I say we all want a chance at an RV so we should just want whatever will get us there and itant Maliki folks, unless he complies…

Folks if you look at it like this, Maliki has spent 6 total years as PM, they have only been liberated for how long...9 years so he has been PM for 6 years out of their 9 years of democracy and look where they are. Then go view just a few of many videos of the Kurdistan region and you will see a state of the art International Airport in the city of Arbil, Shopping Malls to marvel our bestones here in the states, 5 star hotels, etc....etc...

But the best part is their people are not poor, they are proud and the most

important part is they are not strapping bombs to themselves to feed their families

after they have died and taking unsuspected children and other citizens out

with them.

We need them to move forward and this has not happenedu nder Maliki’s watch so why do people think after 6 years of him we still havea chance by them doing nothing…..

Sorry, for the long post.....

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 5

Hello uncirculd, well this is where I say that you were right and I was wrong....I kept believing in him all the way up to when Barzani open everyone's eyes to how much power Maliki has been able to gain. It was Barzani's trip to Washington and the U.S.-Iraq Relations after the Withdrawal vedio at the Middle East Institute that woke me up to how much real power this guy has optand.

Getting the Constitutional Judge to find a loophole in the constitution that gave him power over the most important independent bodies...the CBI and the Voting Commission....not got, it was what enabled Saddam to become the dictator 40 years ago.

Nice to see you too!

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3

As much as everyone points maliki oit, talabani refuse to start the withdrawl. for talabani to say that means something. remember, maliki is one of the few who helped write the constitution and was the preferred choice by the u.s.. maliki and his government have not okayed deleting the three zeroes, and that makes him our best friend.

I have to disagree with some of what you said. Maliki is not following the Constitution because he has not seated the government. He is acting as head of the military and Interior and other posts that were supposed to filled with other blocks. Maliki hides behind the Constitution when it is convenient. Also, I think this is the most cohesive that Iraq's tribes or blocks have been with the gang of 5 showing the way. As far as turmoil it will depend on how they handle it.

Maliki is acting in line with the constitution based on proxy. its allowed. the iraqi list must present a list of candidates, and the pm chooses. names have been presented, but most were or are unqualified, then the iraqi list throws a fit and withdrawls from parliament. Alhashimi from the iraqi list starts planning bombings on parliament. blasts start rocking baghdad.

heres the deal. it works both ways. If the iraqi list wins the next election, they will be the ones refusing to give up or co equal powers and the national alliance will move to the saming threatening rhetoric the iraqi list is now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It sounds like they have the votes toremove him. this is a regional event. hopefully the backlash doesnt start in iraq or in the region. cross your fingers theres not an all out war

As long as Iraq is under chapter 7 doesn't the USA have the right to legally return to Iraq (for whatever reason)..........chapter 7 also forbids Iraq to be war ready ??

Hello uncirculd, well this is where I say that you were right and I was wrong....I kept believing in him all the way up to when Barzani open everyone's eyes to how much power Maliki has been able to gain. It was Barzani's trip to Washington and the U.S.-Iraq Relations after the Withdrawal vedio at the Middle East Institute that woke me up to how much real power this guy has optand.

Getting the Constitutional Judge to find a loophole in the constitution that gave him power over the most important independent bodies...the CBI and the Voting Commission....not got, it was what enabled Saddam to become the dictator 40 years ago.

Nice to see you too!

Hey man it's all about our journey and how we educated each other and never lost any love. I am glad to have you back. We tried asking "Where's Stryker" but I guess it didn't work. But your just on time to see this get better. It has been stagnate for some time, now we are seeing some real democracy at work. They actually did this without violence, and what is really off the chart is that Sadr was the one to start the ball rolling. Can you believe it? Love it. You gotta love Iraqi's people.

As much as everyone points maliki oit, talabani refuse to start the withdrawl. for talabani to say that means something. remember, maliki is one of the few who helped write the constitution and was the preferred choice by the u.s.. maliki and his government have not okayed deleting the three zeroes, and that makes him our best friend.

Hi friend, beyond that. He had pretty much no choice. He had consensus. Not questioning, M saves a bit of face.

• Upvote 1