Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Going Rogue Again????

TPSprayduster

Same game plan as 2008, what did it get the GOP Zero. Stay with the issues instead of this negative junk. Distractions is what did in the GOP and going Rogue did not help either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/22/sarah-palin-jeremiah-wright_n_1535676.html

During an appearance on Fox News on Monday night, Sarah Palin signaled her belief that Rev. Jeremiah Wright shouldn't be off-limits as an issue in the presidential election.

Addressing the president's ties to his former pastor, Palin argued that the controversial figure should be fair game in the race for the White House. She explained, "I thought so in 2008, and that's why I went rogue, if you will and disagreed with some of John McCain's advisers when they said no a lot of these issues like past associations and Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers and those that helped shape Obama's world view needed to be off the table and not discussed."

The former Alaska governor added, "I disagreed then, I disagree now." She took issue with the notion of a "one-sided ceasefire call" and argued that some GOP operatives "have the fighting instinct of Mr. Snuffleupagus."

Last week, the New York Times reported that a Republican Super PAC was considering a $10 million campaign targeting the president's connection to Wright. Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney sought to distance himself from the proposal, saying, "I want to make it very clear: I repudiate that effort."

HuffPost's Sam Stein reported on the Obama campaign's response to the matter:

Campaign manager Jim Messina carefully crafted a statement denouncing the "hate-filled, divisive campaign of character assassination" and accusing Mitt Romney of falling "short of the standard that John McCain set, reacting tepidly in a moment that required moral leadership."

On Monday night, Palin said that Republicans need to fight "tooth and nail" in 2012. Asked about who she sees as a strong possible GOP vice presidential candidate, the former governor reiterated her view that Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) could be a strong pick.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I always wondered how to spell Snuffleupagus.

LOL... I'd have to check but I think you still got it wrong!

LOL... I'd have to check but I think you still got it wrong!

Nope you are correct... I guess we all learned something today, lol!!

I don't believe this to be a "distracting issue," as these relationships are important to understand Obama and his M.O.

Furthermore, I'd argue that negative advertising actually DOES work - and its proof is evident in how Romney took the nomination this year. The GOP took the exact opposite approach in 2008 - the John McCain way, where you don't shed any light on your opponent whatsoever, and you gloss over severe personal flaws in an effort to 'go along to get along.' The reason why the GOP was on the losing end 3.5 years ago is because the republicans didn't prop up a candidate with beliefs and convictions.

• Upvote 2

In 2008, then senator Obama had no record to run on. All he had was "hope and change" no, REAL record to give any REAL voter the ability to make a decision. Unless you actually believe being a good "coommnunity organizer" qualifies you to run a country.

So, any voter who is looking past something "cool" to do (I.E. being able to say I voted for the first black president) would have to look at one's associations.

You are who you hang out with.

This year, the repubilcans have either road to run down, Obama's record, or his associations.

I think the lady is correct.

• Upvote 3

In 2008, then senator Obama had no record to run on. All he had was "hope and change" no, REAL record to give any REAL voter the ability to make a decision. Unless you actually believe being a good "coommnunity organizer" qualifies you to run a country.

So, any voter who is looking past something "cool" to do (I.E. being able to say I voted for the first black president) would have to look at one's associations.

You are who you hang out with.

This year, the repubilcans have either road to run down, Obama's record, or his associations.

I think the lady is correct.

In 2008 then Senator Obama did not need anything to stand on....community organiser was enough, when considering the lying criminal he was running against!

Carlos

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

In 2008 then Senator Obama did not need anything to stand on....community organiser was enough, when considering the lying criminal he was running against!

Carlos

The lying criminal he was running against, Are you talking about Hillarious or A decorated POW VET. People voted for President Obama for what he promised, HOPE AND CHANGE. and nothing more. well that's not entirely true he is also a gifted speaker. I sure could use a salesman like him.

ps try and show a little respect for our service men.

thank you and have a good day.

If Obama had not come out with such lies and smears about Romney and his business dealings I would say leave it alone. But since the Democrat s are going to play as dirty as they can and you know how dirty that can be. ( I wonder how many dead people and illegals will vote this time. ) If that's how their going to play then I say GAME ON anything goes.

• Upvote 1

Romney has a record of putting people out of work for the almighty dollar. I doubt he will try to run on his record.

Mr Romney has a 80% success rating in saving and or growing business that's better then President Obamas record. and did that with private money not my TAX dollars.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Romney has a record of putting people out of work for the almighty dollar. I doubt he will try to run on his record.

See below...

Mr Romney has a 80% success rating in saving and or growing business that's better then President Obamas record. and did that with private money not my TAX dollars.

True, Romney has a net gain of tens of thousands of jobs. Obama wiped-out thousands of GM common stock shareholders when their stock became worthless after he illegally moved UAW holdings to the top of the list, disregarding secured stock holders (including many other unions). http://gaanderson.hubpages.com/hub/Obama-General-Motors-GM-Tarp-Bailout-Untold-Details

Yes, Romney and his former employer created thousands of jobs, and about 1/5th as many were ultimately lost and required former employees to find new work. Obama takes over GM and tens of thousands' of families savings are destroyed and left with 0 after a lifetime of work!

Obama did get the CHANGE part right! Now its time for a change in leadership.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1