Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do you remember this?

Markinsa

I definitely do! Believe it or not, I still have two of these that belonged to my grandmother! And they still work. Just pulled them out & passed them on to my daughter. She looked at them kinda funny, but took them anyway. :P

Mark - no way you're old enough to remember those!

I definitely do! Believe it or not, I still have two of these that belonged to my grandmother! And they still work. Just pulled them out & passed them on to my daughter. She looked at them kinda funny, but took them anyway. tongue.gif

Mark - no way you're old enough to remember those!

We had 4 that sat in the bottom freezer. Used them regularly for Ice Tea. :)

-

I always hated removing the cubes-my hands were usually wet, and they would stick to the metal tray. Ouch! blink.gif

They would stick......I had forgotten how much it hurtohmy.gif....sure would be good for some iced tea, though....half the ice cracked apart with little slivers.....mmmmmbiggrin.gif

We use to fill the ice trays with cool aid :lol:

Grandma did that for us !!!!!!!!smile.gif

If I looked hard enough I could find some. Didn't even need wet hands and they would stick from the ice melting from touching them. Kool-Aid and frozen punch with tooth picks sticking out of them.

Not only do I remember them, I wanted to get a couple to prove they existed ... some young sprouts think they know everything! So, went to eBay and got what I wanted. Also got that heavy metal thing that is two parts of a jaw with handles and you put an ice cube in it and crush it. and of course the ice sticks to that too. Today I use bagged ice. And I like to chew it but not enough to break teeth. So, I put it a little at a time into freezer bags, then put them between a couple of kitchen towels, hammer the living daylights out of them with a real old wooden handled hammer. Voila! crushed ice!

Thanks for the memories.

:)

smee2

Oh yes - also the popsicles with koolaid and toothpicks. Getting it back in the freezer without spilling it all was the challenge. Amazing how times have changed. Now I have an ice-maker.