Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ENOUGH LOP TALK1

shabbadude

Some gurus have been calling for anything between $1 and $12 per IQD. Let's keep it simple and use $1 equals 1 IQD when the RV happens. Forget about it going up or down after the RV.

Milk today is 2,155 IQD. Which is the equivalent of $1.85. Am I correct so far?

Post $1 RV the same milk at 2,155 IQD is now valued at $2,155. One should buy a cow before the RV and then sell the milk.

So, the clever milk consumer in Iraq buys a cow. Before the RV, he starts selling milk to people across the border in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia at the same price $1.85 (2,155 IQD). Post RV, he brings milk to the same people for 2,155 IQD or $2,155. However, the savvy Kuwaiti and Saudi figure that $2,155 is too much so they go elsewhere, perhaps Bahrain to buy milk from them for $2.00.

Average monthly income is $561.25 or 653,856 dinars. Apply the same economic principles and the average monthly income increase to $653,856. With that kind of money one could cross over to Saudi Arabia and purchase land a Lambroghini and a couple of beautiful wives. What could that same person do in Iraq? He could buy alot of stuff, right? No. The cost of goods would increase proportionately. Something has to give.

Taxes? Not collected? And your source is what?

I guess an RV is possible. But the results would devastate Iraq.

I challenge anyone to prove this wrong.

Must keep in mind that Iraq is functioning at $.85 USD in (goods & services) while the IQD (IS NOT PEGGED).

Over and over again we see that the IQD is magically treated as though it is released to real world value (IT IS NOT)

Therefore, the LOPers must decide what world they are trying to make their arguments upon. If they wish to continue this artificial mantra, then they must reconcile the milk or cigarette debate for either LOPing or RVing eh?

Costs of Goods & Services (stay pegged) as they are to the USD, but what happens to the IQD?

It finally is pegged to the USD when it is released fromTight Monetary Control and enters the Global Market Place by removal of the 3 zeros off its value.

.00085 is now released to float freely at $.85

Milk therefore remains the same $1.85 USD or now 2.155 IQD when the IQD is pegged to the dollar.

So how does Iraq give change for the present 50 dinar in circulation for a milk purchase?

By Introduction of their lower denominations. By this standard, the larger 3 zero denominations will be less frequently used in the open market place

(exactly like they did in The U.S.) and the smaller denominations will take precedence

JUST REMEMBER, A REVALUATION MUST TAKE PLACE [bEFORE/SIMULTANEOUS] TO THE RE-DENOMINATION SWAP OUT PROGRAM OF TWO YEARS.

The most fundamental problem with LOP, is that there presently exists within the 1165 stratum 50, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, & 25,000 see here

All notes would have to suffer destruction OF THREE ZEROS which must be consistent to valuation. This would clearly destroy the ISX and put other nation states into a tail spin within the ISX.

IRAQ HAS ALREADY ESTABLISHED THE STABLE $.85 OF NATIONAL COST OF GOODS AND SERVICES VIA $1.5 BILLION/month USD BUY BACK POLICY OF THE .00085 IQD FROM THE FREE MARKET.

Rasica it is obvious that you are convinced of the nonsense that you are speaking. The problem is that this fantasy only exsists in your head.

How do you figure that the IQD is not pegged?

So everyone can see the IQD is operating at .85? What are you talking about. So it has an exchange rate of .00085 but it is really worth .85? This is by far the most rediculous thing I have ever read on this forum. A currency is only as valuable as what it can be exchanged for in another currency. You cannot exchange 1.17 dinar for 1 dollar so what are trying to get at?

Please tell how Iraq has bought back 10s of trillions of dinar with 10s of billions of USD. This again is utter nonsense and truthfully I bore of this exchange.

• Upvote 1

Must keep in mind that Iraq is functioning at $.85 USD in (goods & services) while the IQD (IS NOT PEGGED).

Over and over again we see that the IQD is magically treated as though it is released to real world value (IT IS NOT)

Therefore, the LOPers must decide what world they are trying to make their arguments upon. If they wish to continue this artificial mantra, then they must reconcile the milk or cigarette debate for either LOPing or RVing eh?

Costs of Goods & Services (stay pegged) as they are to the USD, but what happens to the IQD?

It finally is pegged to the USD when it is released fromTight Monetary Control and enters the Global Market Place by removal of the 3 zeros off its value.

.00085 is now released to float freely at $.85

Milk therefore remains the same $1.85 USD or now 2.155 IQD when the IQD is pegged to the dollar.

So how does Iraq give change for the present 50 dinar in circulation for a milk purchase?

By Introduction of their lower denominations. By this standard, the larger 3 zero denominations will be less frequently used in the open market place

(exactly like they did in The U.S.) and the smaller denominations will take precedence

JUST REMEMBER, A REVALUATION MUST TAKE PLACE [bEFORE/SIMULTANEOUS] TO THE RE-DENOMINATION SWAP OUT PROGRAM OF TWO YEARS.

The most fundamental problem with LOP, is that there presently exists within the 1165 stratum 50, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, & 25,000 see here

All notes would have to suffer destruction OF THREE ZEROS which must be consistent to valuation. This would clearly destroy the ISX and put other nation states into a tail spin within the ISX.

IRAQ HAS ALREADY ESTABLISHED THE STABLE $.85 OF NATIONAL COST OF GOODS AND SERVICES VIA $1.5 BILLION/month USD BUY BACK POLICY OF THE .00085 IQD FROM THE FREE MARKET.

Where do you get that the IQD is functioning at $.85? If it is, then how is the price of milk 2,155 IQD? Again, go speak with an economist? Why won't anyone that believes in the RV do their due diligence by speaking with a couple of professionals face-to-face? I understand that it's so much easier to believe faceless people who claim to be experts and have "intel".

If it is functioning at $.85, then why do the dealers sell 1 million IQD for $1200?

I don't believe 100% that an RD will happen. If it does happen, then your 25K note will be exchanged at 25 IQD. It will not retain its 25,000 value for months on end.

How does a vendor give change for 50 IQD for a milk purchase? If the milk costs 2,155 IQD, then there is no purchase of milk. If there was a 1:1 RV, then either the price remains the same @ 2,155 IQD and still no purchase. Or the price does not increase, it is bought for 1.85 IQD and change is given in the amount of 48.15 IQD.

Again, you are repeating what you have heard in these blogs and forums from people that no one can verify. Some guy is masquerading as a banker from Brazil. Really? Find a flesh and blood expert. And ask away. Let me know what they say.

• Upvote 1

If bread is worth 2,155 IQD and 1 IQD equals $1, then the bread costs $2,155. Basic math. To keep the bread from skyrocketing in price, it would need to be reduced to $1.85 which would equal 1.86 IQD. However, according to Rasica, an entry level position earns 200,000 IQD monthly. Which is equal to $200,000. They could exchange their IQD for dollars and live high on the hog.

The quote you present here is baseless. These people will begin to receive regular paychecks at the adjusted rate? Does that mean after the RV it will revalue back to what it is worth today? Will the price of meat and milk return to pre-RV values? Will the worker's salary return to pre-RV values. Then, what's the point in an RV?

Nelg, do your own thinking. Have an original thought. Just because a particular person says something does not make it evidence. I challenge you and anyone else to find a professor of economics at a nearby college or university and ask them about an RV in any currency. Even a 10% increase in value. Double dare ya.

I say an RV is possible. But it would not help Iraq.

The simplest way to understand it is this: If the value raises to 1:1, then 2,155 IQD is US$2,155. A person that earns 200,000 IQD will be able to exchange it for US$200,000. What do you NOT understand about this very simple concept? How many people in the US earn $200,000 in one month? This Iraqi citizen cashes his paycheck, waltzes over to CBI and exchanges it for $200,000. For as long as the rate remains 1:1, he's converting to a lot of US dollars.

Revaluing a currency does not 're-introduce wealth'. The explanation in that last paragraph has never happened in any economy.

Nelg, that was a pathetic attempt at disputing my previous argument.

I suppose it was a "pathetic attempt" to disputed your opinion. It's hard to dispute opinion.

I'm not an economist, accountant, financial guru, or want-to-be guru. Frankly, I would like to make some money out of this speculation, but I'm not really concerned. I have read and studied the articles by the bank, but when it comes to opinions, rumors, speculations about the dinar, I could really care less. I post for entertainment until it comes to attitudes, or things that relate to the Bible and Christ. I will defend Christ and His Word until the end. Concerning this speculation, you may be correct, or those who take a different approach, Adam M., may be correct. But you and Dinarck may want to keep your arrogance in check. Pride is the beginning of destruction. Looking down on someone who disagrees is not professional or cool.

• Upvote 2

I suppose it was a "pathetic attempt" to disputed your opinion. It's hard to dispute opinion.

I'm not an economist, accountant, financial guru, or want-to-be guru. Frankly, I would like to make some money out of this speculation, but I'm not really concerned. I have read and studied the articles by the bank, but when it comes to opinions, rumors, speculations about the dinar, I could really care less. I post for entertainment until it comes to attitudes, or things that relate to the Bible and Christ. I will defend Christ and His Word until the end. Concerning this speculation, you may be correct, or those who take a different approach, Adam M., may be correct. But you and Dinarck may want to keep your arrogance in check. Pride is the beginning of destruction. Looking down on someone who disagrees is not professional or cool.

Clap, Clap, Clap - Thank you

As a bystander, ive just seen one side present a valid argument, and the other side portrays them as arrogant and classless. i think the rhetoric is worse from the people calling them arrogant. sometimes people make comments that leave is speechless, but because we dont have an argument, doesnt mean we should resort to classifying people or start punching beneath the belt.

its ok to disagree, right???

As a bystander, ive just seen one side present a valid argument, and the other side portrays them as arrogant and classless. i think the rhetoric is worse from the people calling them arrogant. sometimes people make comments that leave is speechless, but because we dont have an argument, doesnt mean we should resort to classifying people or start punching beneath the belt.

its ok disagree but when people get on here and try to hold themselves higher than others like saying o well all of you are stupid idiots and dont know any better thats when the line is crossed to name a few that are lopsters that try to uphold this image or facade if you will that think they are some professional economists which in fact they are NOT. Believe me the line has been crossed many times and makes people lash out its only human. Also like dinarick has mentioned several times us pro Rvers are simply living in a fantasy world and we are the problem on these forums yet this whole thing is speculation.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

So I guess using terms such as "clueless" & "pathetic" just to name a recent few would be characterized as NOT punching below the belt? Opinions are great by both sides its the injection of snide remarks(both sides) that should be eliminated-imo

Edited by caz1104

So, you're not an economist, financial guru, etc. Did not think so. Go find one to bounce these opinions and rumors off.

Doesn't everyone want to make money on this speculation?

Christ never commanded anyone to defend him and His word.

Arrogance: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions. Neither Dinarck or myself have been manifesting this attribute.

The challenge was set in front of you. And you did not accept it. You are unable and unwilling to answer our questions. Go find an economist and ask them about a possible RV of the Iraqi Dinar. Is that too difficult?

Is it that you and others are afraid of the answers you might get from a professional? Or is it that because you feel I am being arrogant and looking down on you that you cannot continue with this discussion. If you're the adult, then stand up to me and accept my challenge.

No one. Not one person has been able to answer these same questions I posed to you. Then they call me 'coward' and finish with 'period' and 'enough said'.

Again, if the RV becomes 1:1, the cost of goods will increase and their ability to export goods will be impossible. A good number of Iraqis that exchange their IQD for US dollars will become overnight millionaires. What will happen to Iraq in the event of a 1:1 RV? Go ask someone outside this forum.

• Upvote 1

its ok disagree but when people get on here and try to hold themselves higher than others like saying o well all of you are stupid idiots and dont know any better...............................

Funny... because that's a perfect description for just about every so called Dinar Guru out there.

Why do these same people not lash out at the Gurus for the exact same behavior?

Can you honestly tell me that you believe anything this Rasica guy is posting?

It is ok to disagree.

However, you will receive namecalling and negs.

• Upvote 1

Funny... because that's a perfect description for just about every so called Dinar Guru out there.

Agreed dinar Gurus can be very dangerous it all depends on their intentions and if they do indeed have true intel which most will never know. Do i believe everything gurus say "NO". The fact is when you attack our own members on here when we are all trying to figure out the same thing with " you all need to go see check into a mental hospital, you are pathetic and ignorant that may rub people the wrong way. All of us im sure wanna make money whether you believe it to happen or not is obviously irrelavant because at the end of the day Iraq will do what they will do. Bottom line we dont know for sure what is going to manifest.

Edited by easyrider

Agreed dinar Gurus can be very dangerous it all depends on their intentions and if they do indeed have true intel which most will never know. Do i believe everything gurus say "NO". The fact is when you attack our own members on here when we are all trying to figure out the same thing with " you all need to go see check into a mental hospital, you are pathetic and ignorant that may rub people the wrong way. All of us im sure wanna make money whether you believe it to happen or not is obviously irrelavant because at the end of the day Iraq will do what they will do. Bottom line we dont know for sure what is going to manifest.

We might not know what they will do... but we do know 100% absolutely for sure what they will not do… and that’s RV 30 Trillion dinars in circulation and 70 Trillion M2 to anything substantial. A $1 RV of that much dinar is a fantasy of epic proportions.

Dave- I cant or wont speak for anyone else but my answer to your last two questions is simple. I believe NOTHING put forth by fictious characters here or anywhere on the web or the cartoon network. Those that believe themselves to be GURUs (that includes many here) imo are just entertainment and not to be taken seriously. I use the same approach for the the Economic Wizards as well. Everyone believes themselves to be an expert at something,but if you have to tell everyone you are, then most likely you are'nt.

its ok disagree but when people get on here and try to hold themselves higher than others like saying o well all of you are stupid idiots and dont know any better thats when the line is crossed to name a few that are lopsters that try to uphold this image or facade if you will that think they are some professional economists which in fact they are NOT. Believe me the line has been crossed many times and makes people lash out its only human. Also like dinarick has mentioned several times us pro Rvers are simply living in a fantasy world and we are the problem on these forums yet this whole thing is speculation.

I absolutely agree. theres no need to talk down to each other. it seems when one side or the other is presentented with a solid argument, instead of debating, it turns south. we all have different beliefs, or maybe the same belief based on two seperate notions.

Im new at this and dont know many facts at all. the first time someone corrects my incorrect knowledge, im going to say thanks, not start calling names because they proved me wrong or showed me up. no one knows it all, and many are learning or are constantly having evolving positions. i thank thats ok, but the off topic personal comments, no one cares to hear it.

Not sure if you're talking about me. I have never called anyone "stupid" or "idiot". I may have called Okie stupid, but I believe that is the accepted point of view in DinarVets.

I never claimed that I was a professional economist. I don't recall reading anyone's posts that made that claim. I only ask that someone go find a professional economist and ask them. Due diligence. If someone ask you to join them in a business venture, you would (should) bring any contract to an attorney for their professional opinion and advice. If a doctor said you needed surgery, you would (should) ask for a second opinion from another doctor. If you had received an email from some person of Nigerian royalty, you would (should) seek a financial advisor, etc.

Back to namecalling. You, however, have called me names and spoke down to me. I have also read your posts to others that you disagree with. In a very condenscending(sp) tone.

"...this whole thing is speculation."

speculate: :1: a: to meditate on or ponder a subject : reflect b : to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively

2 : to assume a business risk in hope of gain; especially : to buy or sell in expectation of profiting from market fluctuations

transitive verb

1 : to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence : theorize

2 : to be curious or doubtful about : wonder <speculates whether it will rain all vacation>

There seems to be insufficient evidence to support this theory of the RV.

• Upvote 1

I'm posting this again.

This is not arrogance. This is not meant to demean anyone. These are simple hard cold facts.

Please... Tell me where I’m wrong.

Currently all the currency in the world added together. All the Dollars, Euro, Yen, Yuan, Pounds, and everything else. It all adds up to about 5 to 6 Trillion dollars worth of currency.

Iraq currently has 32 Trilion dinar. A $1 RV would give Iraq $32 trillion worth of currency… or basically 6 times more than the whole world combined right now.

Currency is used to support an economy.

The whole world GDP (economy) is about $70 trillion now.

Iraq’s GDP is about $100 billion.

That means Iraq has just over 1/10 of 1% of the worlds economy… and they would have 6 times more currency than the rest of the world with a $1 RV.

6 times more currency with less than 1% of GDP.

Even if you believe the totally unsupported claims made by some of the gurus that maybe 50% or even 70 or 80% of the currency has already been removed. It hasn’t, but lets play along. Let’s say they've gone crazy and reduced 90%. They would still have 3 trillion.

At a $1 RV that would be $3 Trillion in currency.

That would mean they would 1/2 of all the currency that currently exist in the world with less than 1/100th of the worlds GDP.

Even under that most rosy of scenarios… there still is no logical explanation for a big RV.

Not sure if you're talking about me. I have never called anyone "stupid" or "idiot". I may have called Okie stupid, but I believe that is the accepted point of view in DinarVets.

I never claimed that I was a professional economist. I don't recall reading anyone's posts that made that claim. I only ask that someone go find a professional economist and ask them. Due diligence. If someone ask you to join them in a business venture, you would (should) bring any contract to an attorney for their professional opinion and advice. If a doctor said you needed surgery, you would (should) ask for a second opinion from another doctor. If you had received an email from some person of Nigerian royalty, you would (should) seek a financial advisor, etc.

Back to namecalling. You, however, have called me names and spoke down to me. I have also read your posts to others that you disagree with. In a very condenscending(sp) tone.

"...this whole thing is speculation."

speculate: :1: a: to meditate on or ponder a subject : reflect b : to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively

2 : to assume a business risk in hope of gain; especially : to buy or sell in expectation of profiting from market fluctuations

transitive verb

1 : to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence : theorize

2 : to be curious or doubtful about : wonder <speculates whether it will rain all vacation>

There seems to be insufficient evidence to support this theory of the RV.

condescending tone? wow so you know my tone on a forum and yes i will defend myself if need be, you dish it ill dish right back. Yes, it is still speculation and for you to say otherwise well is just plain inaccurate because you nor I have a crystal ball. We all read articles that have shown proof time in and time out that they can be very contradicting at times and also this is Iraq's media. Home of corruption and greed. Believe what you will is all im saying and ill believe what i will All im saying is people really need to get off there high horse because all in all it means nothing until we see the results. So let the speculation begin lol

Edited by easyrider

Now I'm being called pathetic and ignorant. Did you cross the line that you talked about earlier? And I need to check into a mental hospital? Why? Did you run out of things to call me?

I have yet to 'attack' any members. I have implored people to ask for professional financial advice. Isn't that what intelligent investors should do? Why would someone ask the 7-Eleven attendant financial advice?

I am presenting post-RV situations for Iraq and the US.

Easy, what will happen to the price of milk after a 1:1 RV? What will Iraqis that hold 500,000 IQD ($582) do when the 1:1 RV happens? His $582 worth of IQD becomes $500,000. What will half of the adult Iraqi population do when they understand they have that much money in their pockets or socked away in their mattress? Dinarck suggested that those with guns will take from those without guns. Chaos, Easy. Chaos.

What will the Iraq government do? Intentionally create chaos?

The challenge to go seek an economist about the RV is set before you, too.

Now I'm being called pathetic and ignorant. Did you cross the line that you talked about earlier? And I need to check into a mental hospital? Why? Did you run out of things to call me?

I don't think he called you thsoe thngs. He was usng them as example of what others say.

I can see how you thought that though. I thought the same when I read his post the first time. Took me a second read to get the context. Might could have been worded better.

condescending tone? wow so you know my tone on a forum and yes i will defend myself if need be, you dish it ill dish right back. Yes, it is still speculation and for you to say otherwise well is just plain inaccurate because you nor I have a crystal ball. We all read articles that have shown proof time in and time out that they can be very contradicting at times and also this is Iraq's media. Home of corruption and greed. Believe what you will is all im saying and ill believe what i will All im saying is people really need to get off there high horse because all in all it means nothing until we see the results. So let the speculation begin lol

calling me pathetic and arrogant. saying I need to check into a mental hospital. Yes, very condenscending.

So, you don't deny calling me names?

I don't say that this is not speculation. This is definitely speculation. "to buy or sell in expectation of profiting from market fluctuations. It is also to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence."

This RV is speculation. I did not say otherwise. How did you read that?

Bring those articles to an economist or financial advisor.

The speculation began 8 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Of course Easy. Its all speculation. Haha. Im sure that makes you feel much better about spouting off wishfulthinking and misinformation daily.

You and Nelg talk about arrogance yet it is funny how the know it all arrogant front that not-so-breitling and Craperoni put on is hailed as genius. Lets face it. You two just cant handle the fact that you are easily shown to be wrong and even silly in your thinking.

You come down here and whine about how people treat each other yet you have attacked me personally more than once in the past. Save your higher than thou nonsense for brainwashed sheep who actually care. If you or any of your followers actually have anything of substance to bring to the discussion then by all means. BRING IT!! Until that time stay up in rumor section where your mentality belongs.

Of course Easy. Its all speculation. Haha. Im sure that makes you feel much better about spouting off wishfulthinking and misinformation daily.

You and Nelg talk about arrogance yet it is funny how the know it all arrogant front that not-so-breitling and Craperoni put on is hailed as genius. Lets face it. You two just cant handle the fact that you are easily shown to be wrong and even silly in your thinking.

You come down here and whine about how people treat each other yet you have attacked me personally more than once in the past. Save your higher than thou nonsense for brainwashed sheep who actually care. If you or any of your followers actually have anything of substance to bring to the discussion then by all means. BRING IT!! Until that time stay up in rumor section where your mentality belongs.

Again showing your true colors and its no wonder you are confined here misery needs company and it seems you have it and to jackster no it was a general statement that has been made by people that believe we are all wasting time here yet they still are on these forums waiting for an indefinite RD which wil do absolutely nothing for their people but hey its all my opinion. So Dinarick ( Mr. rich) how will this all play out?

I don't think he called you thsoe thngs. He was usng them as example of what others say.

I can see how you thought that though. I thought the same when I read his post the first time. Took me a second read to get the context. Might could have been worded better.

Dave

Ah ha. You might be correct. It does appear that was trying to quote a lopster.

It is funny how we are called arrogant.

• Upvote 1

Jackster-Economists are split on this as well at least the ones I have been in contact with. I know two that teach hear in the ATL(emory univ & kennesaw st.), they play in my golf league/club and debate the merits at nausea. I first heard bout this venture over 5 years ago(invested just over two years) from my ex-finacial advisor. My point, there are many differing views on this,and when it pops (RV or RD) the bragging can then commence.