Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Today the Finance Committee will host a delegation from the Central Bank to discuss the deletion of zeros

see if i can get some pluses { + } it says a 50 will be worth 5, million ;) thanks rsskeleton

Too many zeros for you jeepguy. I see 50,000. Now I'll probably get negged for knowing how to count. Or looking closer. Or maybe even knowing where to use/put a comma. Spelling??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed, but.....we have seen and heard so many "stories" come out from Iraq for so long. One day its this way, then the very next day its the other! Im sure that within the next 24 to 48 hours we will read that it is no longer "on hold". I still believe Iraq knows exactly how and when things will take place! In the meantime, we get to try and make sense of articles that are impossible to make sense of!! IMO...I still believe this thing is coming to fruitation hard and fast! Im still as optimistic about this venture as I was the day I purchased my first dinar. I know that there are some of you out there that are believers of scripture....and if you happen to be a believer, then you know that "Babaylon" will rise to power again. With that being said, it takes $$$ to obtain that kind of power! Therefore, financially....something major must take place for this to happen! IMHO....that is a major RV! That has been my belief from day one....I still believe we will see a high RV! Much higher than most expect!! God Bless! Go RV! JMHO!!

I know Iraq is like a bad date...maybe she will show and maybe she won't.

A lop will only discourage the people in trusting the iraqi banks after all they have been through aint gonna happen or it would have already.

Good point.

No, I didn't say other countries would not be pissed, they would all be the ones poked in the eye. An Iraqi citizen would not be hurt by a RD/LOP or even an "In country only" RD exchange because for one thing, they are "in Country", also it is cost neutral for them, no fees, no spread, government exchange. They end up with a stronger currency per IQD that by design is what builds confidence in the currency for their citizens, even though they don't gain or lose any wealth. A little research into what a "redenomination" really is can be very helpful to understanding all aspects and possibilities of it.

Think of a redenomination of a currency as taking 10 gallons of runny soup and simmering it down to 1 gallon of delicious thick soup.

uuuuummmmm Delicious

I have not posted before but feel i need to point this out. I believe the Iraqi constitution clearly states that all dinar will be equal, NID. or the lower denoms. Meaning 1 dinar will be worth 1 dinar & 1000 dinar will be worth 1000 dinar. Be it 000 notes or not.

I have not posted before but feel i need to point this out. I believe the Iraqi constitution clearly states that all dinar will be equal, NID. or the lower denoms. Meaning 1 dinar will be worth 1 dinar & 1000 dinar will be worth 1000 dinar. Be it 000 notes or not.

How do we find this out? Is there an English version? I'm sure there is. I'll go looking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm very sorry but you need to do some research :(

I have absolutely no Idea why people are negging truthful1 for saying removal of zeroes is a redenomination, then sector mis-describes a redenomination and get applauded with pluses??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I think y'all need to do some research :(

the only thing people need to "finally see" is that a redenomination/LOP is a possible worst case scenario, and it is no a good thing, that is all.

By the way this article does describe a redenomination/LOP, not a good thing, but won't believe it until I see it, I'm in it to the end hoping for a straight Revaluation (increase in value) :)

I'm sorry you don't understand my research has already been done it is very clear to me what's going on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How do we find this out? Is there an English version? I'm sure there is. I'll go looking.

I just read the entire Constitution and didn't see anything about the Dinar specifically. Maybe currencies work. I read as fast as I could but I think I got most of it. Maybe we can find it in some offshoot legislation

Well im seeing all the negs for knowing an economic definition,

how did you find that information?

I really have no clue on why you are even bothering with this investment? If this is what you believe GET OUT NOW, Iraq wants to be a international Power and I highly doubt that screwing the entire world is the best way to reach their goal. The Real Value will shine through once Chapter VII issues are resolved

• Upvote 4

I really have no clue on why you are even bothering with this investment? If this is what you believe GET OUT NOW, Iraq wants to be a international Power and I highly doubt that screwing the entire world is the best way to reach their goal. The Real Value will shine through once Chapter VII issues are resolved

Why do i bother with this investment??? Because theres potential. the question is deleting the zeroes....thats the whole turning point. im hoping iraq has several rvs that eventual brings a return. i want the cbi rv to 500:1, to get rid of the idea of deleting three zeroes. maybe over the years they delete one at a time and rv there way in balance with the economy. hows that....thats why i bother.

the theme of an overnight millionaire story.....just economically cant happen...there isnt a form of monetary instruments to even balance such an event. you may disagree...and thats fine. i have based my opinion on years of my own personal research and running news articles through an arabic translator. ive been in this eight years and could write a thesis on possible outcomes. but.i DONT know what they will do.

I have researched enough to see through all the pumper b.s. and false statements and inaccuracies people make sometimes. I do know what a rd is and why they do it.......do you???

how does it screw investors. a lop is a neutral non value changing event.....you have the same value before a lop as after one

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why are you concerned about me anyways??? Isnt your only concern a rv. how about elaborating an idea of thought pertained to the investment. do you want to know how i like my coffee too??

Explain exactly how you perceive the cbis articles???please explain the process on how countries and investors get screwed??? Before you do....please do some research on the topic. If you have the background knowledge to talk about it....lets do it. but if you dont....dont waste my time.....because im not here to recite definitions of a rd and explain everything. i expected more people to be more well versed in the subject...since theres been hundreds of deleting the three zeroes articles. im not here to convince or persuade you any which way......but if you want to have a positive discussion without emotions....im all in

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1

Say can we ask them to delete the three "0's" and move the decimal point to the right for a new CBI valuation? Come on investors, lighten up and don't get upset at each other. Remember, we are not in control. If you have neither the patience nor $$ to wait-don't. Namaste!

I think most are cofused by all the different articles on all the different ways it has been explained. Some articles explained the RD as removing the 000 from the .00086 and introducing lower notes while at the same time the larger notes will still hold their value, ie hold their 000. Some have stated that the RD along with the LOP would remove 000 from all curency therefore making our 1,000,000 to 1,000 and increasing the value, ex. 1,000,000 at .86 is not 860,000 but 860 period. I don't think anyone is confused as far as the straight RV for your Dinar would be worth the Rate X amount of Dinar your holding, thats simple. I am like everyone and would love for them to RI back to the Saddaam Rate which was I believe 3.22 but I really don't see it happening right off. I personally do not want them to LOP 000 off the Dinar I am holding, but I am for any of the other senarios I have read about. All this is just my opinion of course, but I hope it helped someone to understand the confusion. GOOOO RVVVVV.

I think most are cofused by all the different articles on all the different ways it has been explained. Some articles explained the RD as removing the 000 from the .00086 and introducing lower notes while at the same time the larger notes will still hold their value, ie hold their 000. Some have stated that the RD along with the LOP would remove 000 from all curency therefore making our 1,000,000 to 1,000 and increasing the value, ex. 1,000,000 at .86 is not 860,000 but 860 period. I don't think anyone is confused as far as the straight RV for your Dinar would be worth the Rate X amount of Dinar your holding, thats simple. I am like everyone and would love for them to RI back to the Saddaam Rate which was I believe 3.22 but I really don't see it happening right off. I personally do not want them to LOP 000 off the Dinar I am holding, but I am for any of the other senarios I have read about. All this is just my opinion of course, but I hope it helped someone to understand the confusion. GOOOO RVVVVV.

And some, cant except anything other than their dream. that has worn off on me over the years. my point.....

i know all the cards the cbi can play by learning, but i dont know what cards will be dealt. Explaining or talking about the possibilities shoulddnt exclude me from engaging in conversation.

id love to hear every thought out there, in the lands of opinions. like i said....im clueless what they will do...........but i do know what deleting the three zeroes is about

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And some, cant except anything other than their dream. that has worn off on me over the years. my point.....

i know all the cards the cbi can play by learning, but i dont know what cards will be dealt. Explaining or talking about the possibilities shoulddnt exclude me from engaging in conversation.

id love to hear every thought out there, in the lands of opinions. like i said....im clueless what they will do...........but i do know what deleting the three zeroes is about

i see your point of view and it may seem valid. but i have some questions for you

(1) who owns the cbi.

(2) who were the authors of the plan.

(3)with the usa protecting kuwait, why would saddam attack them. what made him do that.

(4) where were the wmd. or was it black gold.

when you find the answers to these question, maybe your point of view will change. good luck to you and all on dv.

oh by the way, i will not respond to anything you write on this. you are entitled to voice your opinion and many good men and women have died so you could. so appreciate it.

old timer

• Upvote 5

It's called a redonomation "RD " meaning the that new 50 Iraqi dinar note will be worth 50000 dinars (x1000). The RD will not effect us at all because the RD only effects the new currency and we have the old currency.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period.

The word lop has no meaning it's just a made up slang word to mean whatever you want.

Really have no idea in the world why a clueless "newbie" would get 35 + for an inaccurate, BS definition of a redenomination???? I guess the masses really are unedjumacated. :(

why in the world are you all buying this stuff??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Really have no idea in the world why a clueless "newbie" would get 35 + for an inaccurate, BS definition of a redenomination???? I guess the masses really are unedjumacated. :(

why in the world are you all buying this stuff??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Redenomination

Redenomination is the process of changing the face value of banknotes or coins used in circulating currency.

http://en.m.wikipedi.../Redenomination

Definition of 'Redenomination'

1. The process whereby a country's currency is recalibrated due to significant inflation and currency devaluation. Certain currencies have been redenominated a number of times over the last century for various reasons.

2. The process of changing the currency value on a financial security.

Investopedia explains 'Redenomination'

1. For example, the Bulgarian lev was redenominated due to inflation arising at the end of the Second World War. After the redenomination, one "new" lev was equal to 100 "old" levs. The lev was redenominated three times in the twentieth

http://www.investope...p#axzz1nXftYJZ0

Redenomination

A reduction in the face value of a currency that a government or central bank makes because of hyperinflation or chronic weakness as a currency. For example, a country may declare that a "new" dollar is worth 1,000 "old" dollars and print new denominations reflecting this change. This may or may not stem the tide of inflation, depending on how the redenomination is approached and what other steps are taken.

http://financial-dic...=Redenomination

Deleting the zero's only means they will print new currency with lower denominations. Deleting the zero's has nothing to do with the currency we have.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's called a redonomation "RD " meaning the that new 50 Iraqi dinar note will be worth 50000 dinars (x1000). The RD will not effect us at all because the RD only effects the new currency and we have the old currency.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period.

The word lop has no meaning it's just a made up slang word to mean whatever you want.

This is what you said, also if there was a "Redenomination", a 25000 note would only be worth what it is replaced with.

Redenomination

Redenomination is the process of changing the face value of banknotes or coins used in circulating currency.

1. The process whereby a country's currency is recalibrated due to significant inflation and currency devaluation. Certain currencies have been redenominated a number of times over the last century for various reasons.

1. For example, the Bulgarian lev was redenominated due to inflation arising at the end of the Second World War. After the redenomination, one "new" lev was equal to 100 "old" levs. The lev was redenominated three times in the twentieth

Redenomination

A reduction in the face value of a currency that a government or central bank makes because of hyperinflation or chronic weakness as a currency. For example, a country may declare that a "new" dollar is worth 1,000 "old" dollars and print new denominations reflecting this change. This may or may not stem the tide of inflation, depending on how the redenomination is approached and what other steps are taken.

Deleting the zero's only means they will print new currency with lower denominations. Deleting the zero's has nothing to do with the currency we have.

now you have examples but it doesn't line up to "what you said"

Deleting the three zeroes is and always has been a lop.............i guess people are now starting to finally see.

Technically LOP is the slang term for "Redenomination" and that is not good.

Deleting the zeros we all hope is "from the exchange rate" and that would be good. :)

deleting the zeros could also have to do with removal of the 3 zero large denomination notes, which is great if not in the course of a "redenomination".

simply adding smaller denoms and removing larger denoms from circulation while increasing the exchange rate is what we want to see :) , and that is NOT the description of a traditional "redenomination".

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

I agree. An RD is simple to understand even for an uneducated person. If Iraq was heck bent on lopping, I don't see a good reason why they have waited 8 years to do so and are now pushing it off again. 8 years is a long time to get everything in order bank wise. To me, this seems to indicate there is a lot more opposition internally within the government about a potential RD.

You see, I agree with your statement. Why wait this long to make a lopping change? It makes no sense. The reason is the structure both from a technical and transaction side was not there. It's still not there. IMO

I'm sure there is a whole lot going on with the gov't and what they feel Shabibi should be doing. I'm sure this is part of the hold up but not all of it. There are too many pieces that have yet to be done before Shabibi can RV their currency. Political is one of them. The news of late has bee sketchy at best. It's confusing and sometimes disheartening. It got a whole lot of people to sell their dinar didn't it? Not only that how many of you all are buying more dinar. The hype has gone and people's energy is much lower on this ride. How much of all this talk is to give the impression of doom and gloom?

Regardless, I'm extremely positive about my investment and know without a doubt it will happen by year end. :)

Thank you RSS for posting.

I know Iraq is like a bad date...maybe she will show and maybe she won't.

And...maybe she will go to the ladies room and leave out the side door during the dinner because he was just sooo intolerable and a Jacka$$. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Unedjumacated is just about it. Okie did not come up with better stuff than what I am seeing.

• Upvote 1

Redenomination

Redenomination

you may have the popular answer.....but your 100% wrong about deleting three zeroes. you can either research more or keep your wrong assertion. Deleting zeroes has happened many many times. the info is out there. But i dont care whether you see it or not. its up to you.....not me

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1

It does though....cause it means our notes will not see the new rate....if it redenominated today, your 25k note would still be 25k dinar, but it would still be 25k dinar at the 1166 rate.....

The NEW 25 note would be equal or have the same purchasing power as the old 25k note, but that new 25 note would be 25 dinar at a higher value, most likely 1.16....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1