Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni lop scenario???????

cheevo

3-30-2012 Newshound Guru Kaperoni here are the facts: 32 trillion dinar, you can take 10 trillion off that for foreign reserves that leave 22 trillion, now we need the CBI to collect most of that to get that to about 1-4 trillion then they can RV at 1 to 1 and support it, if that does not happen, there is no solution but a LOP and then a RV and you will get little return...these goofy rates are nonsense and bad for the investment because there is nothing to factually support it. if it comes out at that rate [1 IQD to $3 USD] you made 3x your investment...we are hoping for 1000 times return.

• Upvote 1

3-30-2012 Newshound Guru Kaperoni here are the facts: 32 trillion dinar, you can take 10 trillion off that for foreign reserves that leave 22 trillion, now we need the CBI to collect most of that to get that to about 1-4 trillion then they can RV at 1 to 1 and support it, if that does not happen, there is no solution but a LOP and then a RV and you will get little return...these goofy rates are nonsense and bad for the investment because there is nothing to factually support it. if it comes out at that rate [1 IQD to $3 USD] you made 3x your investment...we are hoping for 1000 times return.

These Gurus can't even do arithmetic when they are trying backpedal away from the RV. Even if Iraq could get the dinar money supply down to 1T, and some how not completely shut down the economy while doing so, that STILL does not allow a 1:1 RV. Where would the CBI get the $1T USD to back that up given their reserves are ~$60B USD? Even rounding that up to $100B USD, its still only 1/10th of what they would need. Perhaps thats viewed as better then being only 1/1000th of what they would need, but it still won't work.
  • Upvote 1

This is NOT Kap i just spoke with him 2 days ago on his call me and my buddy jon, he doesn t believe it will LOP. I'll confirm if he said this on his next call because this has happened before.

Edited by easyrider
  • Downvote 3

These Gurus can't even do arithmetic when they are trying backpedal away from the RV. Even if Iraq could get the dinar money supply down to 1T, and some how not completely shut down the economy while doing so, that STILL does not allow a 1:1 RV. Where would the CBI get the $1T USD to back that up given their reserves are ~$60B USD? Even rounding that up to $100B USD, its still only 1/10th of what they would need. Perhaps thats viewed as better then being only 1/1000th of what they would need, but it still won't work.

They don't have to have a trillion in cash.

• Downvote 1

They are backing their currency 100% by dollar reserves. So if they have 1T USD worth of dinars, what would be backing that if not $1T USD of reserves (which they do not come close to having)?

Does it really matter anyway? Is there any way they can get their money supply down that low?

Why would they need the USD to cash in?? There are investors in every part of the world: China, Europe, England, Asia, Africa, South America, Central America, etc. All of these use different currencies, so why do they need ALL USD?

Does it really matter anyway? Is there any way they can get their money supply down that low?

They have been getting the supply down every week. How much, NO ONE KNOWS?

Why would they need the USD to cash in?? There are investors in every part of the world: China, Europe, England, Asia, Africa, South America, Central America, etc. All of these use different currencies, so why do they need ALL USD?

Doesn't matter what currency it is, they haven't got enough of it.

Gurus and pumpers say they're decreasing it. The CBI says they're increasing it. Why would you believe gurus and pumpers over te CBI?

Not to be rude, but I really doubt that your 30 second analysis of Iraqs macroeconomics can really capture the complexities of this LOP verses RV debate.

It really isn't that complex. Enormous money supply = low currency value. The fact that Iraq is a third world toilet with no infrastructure, a low GDP, a poorly educated populace, and a tendency to blow each other up at every opportunity, just cements it further.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't matter what currency it is, they haven't got enough of it.

Gurus and pumpers say they're decreasing it. The CBI says they're increasing it. Why would you believe gurus and pumpers over te CBI?

Do you know that for sure, or are you listening to the gurus that devalue the dinar investment?

I don't read the gurus and pumpers. The only time is when they are posted on DV for entertainment purposes. After I read the post I usually have a good chuckle, and move on.

I do the same with the "thumpers." And this will be my last post on this thread for that reason.

When did the CBI reveal their hand? Never. We have no idea what they have stashed away. Hence, NO ONE KNOWS! If you believe everything coming out of CBI, then good luck.

Eventually dinars that are exchanged, whether in Iraq for imports, or in other countries by speculators, find their way back to the CBI where they will need to be backed by some foreign reserve currency. It could be dollars or Euros or Swiss Francs, but the CBI mostly has dollars, roughly $60B of them that back the 72T dinars out in the world at the 1166 exchange rate. If you want to increase the rate by 1000x, then you need a proportional increase in their foreign reserves, and they don't have it. Seems pretty simple.

So say the pumpers, the CBI claims the currency continues to grow. The CBI has nothing to gain and everything to lose by releasing fraudulent data. The pumpers have everything to gain and nothing to lose by telling you lies. So I'm thinking CBI numbers are roughly correct.
  • Upvote 1

I said that the last post was going to be my last on this thread. Well, maybe one more.

"Doesn't matter what currency it is, they haven't got enough of it."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1qeohg9CX

They don't need to have all the currency. I am certainly not going to fly to Iraq and cash in! Nor am I going to an Iraqi bank in the US? I am going to a US bank or Canadian bank and cash in a bit; just enough to get by. They have the money to cash me in. Iraq does not need all the currency to cash in the dinar right now. They may as their "storehouse" grows over the months to come. Many countries, like the US will hold the dinar in their treasury, for it now has value. They may later use it, but there is really no need for them to hurry.

I have a million personally, and the rest is in a Trust to be invested and grown. In fact, I may cash in very little from my personal stash of the IQD. If the their currency comes out at .10 cents, I'll hold. It it comes out at $1 to 1d, I will cash in a bit and hold the rest.

If it RVs at over a dollar, then it would be higher than the currency in the US, so why not hold since it's value is greater?

• Downvote 2

Not to be rude, but I really doubt that your 30 second analysis of Iraqs macroeconomics can really capture the complexities of this LOP verses RV debate.

No offense taken. I think pretty much every aspect of the RD Vs RV debate has been discussed, and the RV loses every time. If you think you have something new to bring to the party then step up and make your case. Some things in macroeconomics are quite complicated and unpredictable. But as BigFrankD points out, the impossibility of increasing a country's money supply to a 1000x its GDP merely by declaration, is not one of them. Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you know that for sure, or are you listening to the gurus that devalue the dinar investment?

I don't read the gurus and pumpers. The only time is when they are posted on DV for entertainment purposes. After I read the post I usually have a good chuckle, and move on.

I do the same with the "thumpers." And this will be my last post on this thread for that reason.

When did the CBI reveal their hand? Never. We have no idea what they have stashed away. Hence, NO ONE KNOWS! If you believe everything coming out of CBI, then good luck.

From what source do you get your info? If you don't listen to gurus, and you don't believe the CBI, then that leaves you with the news articles. Most of the news articles I read talk about deleting 3 zeros from the currency while issuing a new currency. LOP

I said that the last post was going to be my last on this thread. Well, maybe one more.

"Doesn't matter what currency it is, they haven't got enough of it."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1qeohg9CX

They don't need to have all the currency. I am certainly not going to fly to Iraq and cash in! Nor am I going to an Iraqi bank in the US? I am going to a US bank or Canadian bank and cash in a bit; just enough to get by. They have the money to cash me in. Iraq does not need all the currency to cash in the dinar right now. They may as their "storehouse" grows over the months to come. Many countries, like the US will hold the dinar in their treasury, for it now has value. They may later use it, but there is really no need for them to hurry.

I have a million personally, and the rest is in a Trust to be invested and grown. In fact, I may cash in very little from my personal stash of the IQD. If the their currency comes out at .10 cents, I'll hold. It it comes out at $1 to 1d, I will cash in a bit and hold the rest.

If it RVs at over a dollar, then it would be higher than the currency in the US, so why not hold since it's value is greater?

Really? There's no need to hurry to divest yOurself of the enormously overvalued currency of a third world violent country that could devolve into civil war or get attacked by a neighbor at any moment? No reason at all?

So how do you know they're removing dinar from circulation, if you dot listen to gurus and pumpers and can't believe the CBI?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are backing their currency 100% by dollar reserves. So if they have 1T USD worth of dinars, what would be backing that if not $1T USD of reserves (which they do not come close to having)?

In a status-quo like environment, you would more than likely be correct. But, policies, rules, methods, steps, logistics (you get the point) have the ability to change. Who is to say that the CBI may have a future intention of not necessarily backing it with only liquid assets? Who says it has to be 100% liquid assets?

If you were to look at the present time with all variables turning into constants (like an equation) than your right, nothing can be supported at 1:1 or any significant increase in value of any sort. But, this is like a huge equation with the potential of numerous variables that can simply or easily change.

No offense taken. I think pretty much every aspect of the RD Vs RV debate has been discussed, and the RV loses every time. If you think you have something new to bring to the party then step up and make your case. Some things in macroeconomics are quite complicated and unpredictable. But as BigFrankD points out, the impossibility of increasing a country's money supply to a 1000x its GDP merely by declaration, is not one of them.

Well, R/D vs R/V debate the R/D holds a strong chance to win that argument every time because if a R/V were to occur, the data would not be given to the public for speculators to evaluate and find that it would be possible...

A lot of factors exist, that we can not properly gauge their true value (or actual data). What we can predict is good educated estimates, likely projections, potential growth rates, etc.

Those factors play a role in their economy and may simply effect their currency.

Increasing a money supply value by 1,000 times may seem to be reach with the data they give us. But it does not necessarily mean that a R/D is their only solution. If it was the simplest solution, it obviously would have been done by now since they've been boasting about it for years now. An education campaign should not take 2-3 years or more. But than again, I would argue the amount in circulation should not have expanded by the amount they have let it expand to. If that data was true, there must be some sort of reasoning behind it.

So, could the money supply be false? Possibly, but why allow so much to be printed & issued when the country has their own problem of dual currencies. Why does so little back their currency? Well, they could have additional funds in accounts that are not set to directly back their currency. They do exist, and I mentioned that in another topic. What about other tools such as selling bonds? That has been a useful tool to help maintain value of a currency. The CBI has sold bonds in the past, but it appears they rarely do.

Some people may have their head in the sand and only believe it'll pop R/D or pop R/V, but I like to keep an open-mind that the possibilities are endless on how this may work or go down.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The CBI stated they are printing $150,000,000 dollars worth of lower denoms and coins. Once printed, they are going to exchange the new lowers with the larger, 3 zero notes. AND, they said they will raise the value of the IQD to at least 1:1.

My question is, why would anyone in Iraq trade IQD in for USD if the IQD is more valuable? It seem to me they'll trade their USD in...which will fatten the CBI's reserve even more and the point being they (CBI) aren't losing a dime when they swap currency.