Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Esawi: Today's meeting unanimously adopted 5 resolutions

Esawi: Today's meeting unanimously adopted 5 resolutions <a href="http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Print.asp?ar95_VQ=FKJFIJ" target="Print">print-icon.gif[/url]save-icon.gif27/03/2012 16:37:00Baghdad (NINA) - Finance Minister, Rafi’ Al Esawi, said "the paper presented today to the meeting of Arab Ministers of Finance and Economy included the follow-up resolutions of the Arab Economy Summit in Kuwait in 2009 and prepare for the Economic Conference due to be held in Riyadh next year."

He added in a press statement following the conclusion of the meeting of the Arab Ministers of Finance and Economy today "during the meeting, the issue of electricity connection was discussed. We confirmed Iraq’s completion of the electricity connection with Syria and Egypt’s providing Iraq with electricity starting from May 1st, 2012 with 150 mw."

Regarding the United Customs Union, Esawi said that "Iraq will begin on June 1st, 2012, the implementation of the tariff customs," adding that part of the recommendations of the meeting today was to unite the categories’ tables in order to approach the implementation of the United Customs Union of the Arab Trade Zone and Arab Joint Market."

He explained "there are other items related to food security and focus on investment in the areas of agriculture, industry and water security fields, children and the poverty fight," adding, "the meeting unanimously adopted 5 decisions," Esawi did not elaborate on the nature of these resolution." /End/

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKJFIJ

• Upvote 11

This is really BIG! We're always talking about ch7 ministers etc... But getting tariffs in place means trading which means a trade-able currency! And look at the date!

And this "there are other items related to food security and focus on investment in the areas of agriculture, industry and water security fields, children and the poverty fight,"

Without protections, foreign investors won't come in. I hope this article gets some serious attention.

Great find Tony! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

This is really BIG! We're always talking about ch7 ministers etc... But getting tariffs in place means trading which means a trade-able currency! And look at the date!

And this "there are other items related to food security and focus on investment in the areas of agriculture, industry and water security fields, children and the poverty fight,"

Without protections, foreign investors won't come in. I hope this article gets some serious attention.

Great find Tony! :twothumbs:

Thanks, are you referring to this " Esawi said that "Iraq will begin on June 1st, 2012, the implementation of the tariff customs"

This may mean something, I'd like to hear everybody's thoughts on this.

Didn't I read someone's comment that there needed to be a tradeable currency 2 months prior to the tariff's being put into place?

I don't remember reading that, but if you can find it please post it.

Didn't I read someone's comment that there needed to be a tradeable currency 2 months prior to the tariff's being put into place?

I remember that statement too Northern Lights - it wasn't that long ago. I'm working now but I can try to find it this evening if it hasn't been located yet. Thanks for the post Tony!

I found the comment. It was made by Carrello on 03/09/2012 in the News Post "Parliment Supreme Cmttee w/CBI to Delete Zeros" in the news post she added the comment:

"The tariff / customs law goes into effect June 30th. It had been said that the RV needed to take place about 2 months prior in order to make adjustments to food and other imports so that Iraqis have options and do not have to purchase imports.

This probably doesn't make much sense, but it may help when thinking about an RV in September."

Read more:

I guess it was just a statement of understanding, not necessarily a cut in stone fact, but it still is interesting if true - which means that they would have to start making these "adjustments" now if the tariffs go into effect on June 1st.

• Upvote 1

I found the comment. It was made by Carrello on 03/09/2012 in the News Post "Parliment Supreme Cmttee w/CBI to Delete Zeros" in the news post she added the comment:

"The tariff / customs law goes into effect June 30th. It had been said that the RV needed to take place about 2 months prior in order to make adjustments to food and other imports so that Iraqis have options and do not have to purchase imports.

This probably doesn't make much sense, but it may help when thinking about an RV in September."

Read more:

I guess it was just a statement of understanding, not necessarily a cut in stone fact, but it still is interesting if true - which means that they would have to start making these "adjustments" now if the tariffs go into effect on June 1st.

So if the RV needs to take place 60 days before the tariffs....and they go into effect June 1st....that would make it.....April 1st.. Am I thinking correctly? BTW thanks Tony for the article. +1

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1qLBjueXe

Well, thanks for the time to dig this up, in this statement it says June 30th and on my post it says June 1st, either way if this tariff means anything to the rv we're not too far from something happening.

Well, thanks for the time to dig this up, in this statement it says June 30th and on my post it says June 1st, either way if this tariff means anything to the rv we're not too far from something happening.

Tony I think your article is correct, I have been seeing the date of the first on several other sites with news articles!

Read more:

The time for the new rate is now! Nice find Lights :woot: