Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

February 26, a 17 year old boy was walking home - Trayvon Martin

mojack

Look, I am not arguing.. The Cheif stepped aside to try and calm the storm, and is not an admission of any wrong doing, stop reading into it.

I don't care if he called him every slur in the book, the kid assaulted the dude. There was another 911 call that reported the kid on top of Z beating him. Zimmerman didn't just chase him down and shoot him, period.

You are not a forensic expert, I am not an expert, and no one here is an expert; based alone on the fact Trayvon was reported being on top of Zimmerman beating him, Zimmerman was covered in grassstains, had serious blows to the back of his head and face and trayvon was supposedly (no one know for sure yet)

shot at close range.. so get off your high horse and let this go to the experts.. stop buying into the racial drama the media and the usual suspects are stirring up

Where is this witness who said he was top of him beating Zimmerman? Not on my high horse if all this evidence is there according to you then why isn't out so the public decide. Do you have a link where we can view this evidence or news of this evidence? If you don't have the link then you opinion holds no water. If the Sheriff steps down and state's attorney who is handling this so call in justice step aside then something is not right nor does it add up. According to the tapes he was following him, 911 said to back off, but did he nope, i guess would not think that his conversation was being recorded but some folks have problems hearing slurs and cursing. But hey their is always a few out there who will always go against the grain. Please sir post a link for all to view this evidence that is not our there for all to see. Thank you. A person is dead, shot by someone was told to back off and let law enforcement do their job. So that is stirring the pot i guess.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Where is this witness who said he was top of him beating Zimmerman? Not on my high horse if all this evidence is there according to you then why isn't out so the public decide. Do you have a link where we can view this evidence or news of this evidence? If you don't have the link then you opinion holds no water. If the Sheriff steps down and state's attorney who is handling this so call in justice step aside then something is not right nor does it add up. According to the tapes he was following him, 911 said to back off, but did he nope, i guess would not think that his conversation was being recorded but some folks have problems hearing slurs and cursing. But hey their is always a few out there who will always go against the grain. Please sir post a link for all to view this evidence that is not our there for all to see. Thank you. A person is dead, shot by someone was told to back off and let law enforcement do their job. So that is stirring the pot i guess.

Correct TP, always a few so let him go. Whole thing links to Zimmerman initiating a confrontation. Trayvon made a decision not to run which could have indicated guilt; but not running caused him his life.

Thanks!

• Upvote 3

It isn't up to the public, you, me, or any one here to decide, it is up to the States Attorney and a jury! They will weigh the evidence that we have no right to see unless we are involved with the case.

Also, a 911 operator does not have any legal authority, they can recommend, but you don't have to obey. Also, you are not going to find balanced reports in the news, because balanced reports don't bring high ratings. With the news slanting their reports, and celebrities voicing their uneducated, media induced views, if this does go to trial it will take an act of God to get this man a fair trial, guaranteed by our Constitution.

Yes, he should have backed off, but he was over zealous, and he do not know all the actions taken by this kid, we are not Zimmerman's Judge, Jury, and executioner!!

I have a question, not just for you, but for every one..and I do not mean it to be in any way racist.. How come when a black man or woman is wronged (or say they have been) everyone riots, and causes all sorts of hell by saying its all racist.. but when a group of black kids dump gas on a13yr and sets him on fire because he was white, it doesn't make the news?

Correct TP, always a few so let him go. Whole thing links to Zimmerman initiating a confrontation. Trayvon made a decision not to run which could have indicated guilt; but not running caused him his life.

Thanks!

No, Zimmerman can call him names, follow him, and anything else he so chooses, it is a free country.. we do not know who swung first! Calling a person names, no matter how gross, ignorant, repugnant, or otherwise, is not justification for assaulting someone!

Again, everyone needs to take a breather and stop listening to the media about this, and let the authorities do their jobs.

Edited by iamlizzyb
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I have a question, not just for you, but for every one..and I do not mean it to be in any way racist.. How come when a black man or woman is wronged (or say they have been) everyone riots, and causes all sorts of hell by saying its all racist.. but when a group of black kids dump gas on a13yr and sets him on fire because he was white, it doesn't make the news?

There's a thread on the 13 year old if you'd like to catch up.

Your first post #1 - ask why haven't the national news picked up the kid gas story. My Post #11 - I

t takes awhile for national news to pick it up.

It isn't up to the public, you, me, or any one here to decide, it is up to the States Attorney and a jury! They will weigh the evidence that we have no right to see unless we are involved with the case.

Also, a 911 operator does not have any legal authority, they can recommend, but you don't have to obey. Also, you are not going to find balanced reports in the news, because balanced reports don't bring high ratings. With the news slanting their reports, and celebrities voicing their uneducated, media induced views, if this does go to trial it will take an act of God to get this man a fair trial, guaranteed by our Constitution.

Yes, he should have backed off, but he was over zealous, and he do not know all the actions taken by this kid, we are not Zimmerman's Judge, Jury, and executioner!!

No, Zimmerman can call him names, follow him, and anything else he so chooses, it is a free country.. we do not know who swung first! Calling a person names, no matter how gross, ignorant, repugnant, or otherwise, is not justification for assaulting someone!

Again, everyone needs to take a breather and stop listening to the media about this, and let the authorities do their jobs.

Well you should drop it... I only stated Z.... at the least, initiated a confrontation by following and taunting a kid with Skittles. Kid was killed, that's cause for an arrest and investigation. Reporters, including news and papers, witnesses and 911 call stacks against Zimmerman at the moment.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

ya but we stil dont have all the details why was he in a gated community which he did not live there im sure this isn't the only time that kid has been in trouble we just dont know the details but what this guy did was indeed wrong and he should be convicted of at least man slaughter if NOT murder.

I evened you out on the neg easy. I tend to agree with your comment and based on the 911 tapes that I heard, the man told the police that the young man had his hand in his waistband. Also on the 911 tape from the woman who lived where the shooting took place, the young man was screaming and the woman believed he was yelling for help!

Also you could clearly hear one shot, the woman confirmed that one shot was fired..not many shots as is stated in this forum.

Defending the shooter? Absolutely Not! He should and will be dealt with for his actions, but let's allow the system to work rather than lynching him in the press!

• Upvote 1

I believe you were asked to provide a link for your source of the alleged assault by Trayvon. Since you are insisting Trayvon initiated this, Please provide that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

***///

Gov. Rick Scott has appointed his Lt. Governor to head a Special Task Force to look into special legislative revenues re: this case.

States Attoreny in Sanford has FINALLY stepped aside, as I suggested he should,

and a special prosecutor in Tallahassee has sent a 30-year veteran investigator to look into this.

Get busy! The killer is STILL at large. :angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe you were asked to provide a link for your source of the alleged assault by Trayvon. Since you are insisting Trayvon initiated this, Please provide that.

I don't have to provide anything of the sort..

Here is a transcript of the 911 call and it is nothing like the media says

911 transcript

As you can see he isn't told directly not to follow Trayvon. He is told, "You don't need to do that." (Again, 911 ops do not have any legal authority to give you orders, only suggestions)

To which he says, "OK."

He then says Trayvon ran off and that he doesn't know where he is. He then spends a lot of time giving operator his personal info and where he'll meet the cops.

The media is telling you that he was told to stop following him, pursued him, and then shot them. The call paints a different story.

The fact that Zimmerman was treated, as shown in the police report, shows that he received injuries and was likely jumped by this hotheaded kid - the stories about why he was suspected for 10-days keeps changing between his teachers and relatives (they are liars which is obvious by how they scrubbed his facebook).

If you listen to the partial youtube audio you can tell that he is quite calm about the whole thing.

The police report says that he told the paramedic he was screaming for help and nobody came - again, this conflicts with the media account.

Yep, Zimmerman was the one screaming for help..

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I don't have to provide anything of the sort..

Here is a transcript of the 911 call and it is nothing like the media says

911 transcript

As you can see he isn't told directly not to follow Trayvon. He is told, "You don't need to do that." (Again, 911 ops do not have any legal authority to give you orders, only suggestions)

To which he says, "OK."

He then says Trayvon ran off and that he doesn't know where he is. He then spends a lot of time giving operator his personal info and where he'll meet the cops.

The media is telling you that he was told to stop following him, pursued him, and then shot them. The call paints a different story.

The fact that Zimmerman was treated, as shown in the police report, shows that he received injuries and was likely jumped by this hotheaded kid - the stories about why he was suspected for 10-days keeps changing between his teachers and relatives (they are liars which is obvious by how they scrubbed his facebook).

If you listen to the partial youtube audio you can tell that he is quite calm about the whole thing.

The police report says that he told the paramedic he was screaming for help and nobody came - again, this conflicts with the media account.

Yep, Zimmerman was the one screaming for help..

If he was treated then that would also be in the news to justify his self defense. unfortunately that part does not exist. So you have a copy of the police report can you produce that? No one has a copy and if that was the case it would be out there to calm the crowd since it does not exist as you say so then it is not there. Another person trying to justify a murder. Quiet calm and he follows the kid after the 911 operator says not to do that. Keep on listening to those off track resources. Fix your link, i guess that does not work either.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I signed this petition a couple of days ago. This whole situation reminds me of our foreign policy. Zimmerman is out policing the world and killing innocent people with some warped sense of righteousness. We have to speak out and condemn such actions.

It sickens me that nobody came to Trayvon's aid while he was screaming for help. It would serve him right if the same happens for Zimmerman in the pen.

POLICE REPORT

• Downvote 5

JUST STOP!

Please... say a prayer for his parents. They need our love right now.

I truely hope Justice will come, but not soon enough, his family needs our love right NOW!

I can't and don't even want to imagine their pain... yet I can certainly pray for their comfort and peace in their trial.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

This is heartbreaking... and very frightening as well. I have a 17yr. old adopted son who is black... I can't even imagine someone mistaking his intentions just because of his skin color... though we have faced our share of issues over the years, but nothing like what happened to this young man. That the man isn't in jail... makes me have even less faith in the justice system. angry.gif My prayer is for the family of this young man, and heal the scar that this surely caused.

I hope you don't misunderstand me Mojack when I say it's hard to say "thanks for the post"... when this is not your light hearted or meaty news report. Hard to deal with, but none the less necessary. In that light, I am glad you brought it, I don't get much news outside of DV lately.

Thank you.

http://www.change.or...ce=action_alert

Check here UM .......LINK on OP

5th paragraph.......

Thank you. I just saw a short report here on TV where it was stated that this Zimmerman Individual shot and didn't go to jail (yet) as Florida has this law where one can shoot first if they have " reasonable hints something bad is going on"... No comment.

Edited by umbertino

I still think we need to think. Bad things happen. But having been behind buildings at 0300 looking for people who are trying to break into places, I know that things happen. I have seen the clips of cops who are supposed to be beating someone with their flashlights. I could not explain what was happening but I did know, because I carried one of those flashlights, that if the cops was beating the guy the way the clip depicted, the guy would have broken bones but there were none. I think the guy in Florida was wrong to shoot the kid but I cannot say that the poor boy was totally innocent. I sounds like the kid should have been maced but Florida law permitted shooting if the kid was beating on the guy. There is a real question as to what the kid was doing. Personally, if someone is beating on me he gets what he gets. If I can get to my knife I will cut him as badly as possible. If I have mace or taser he will be maced or tased, then I beat on him. What I am saying is before I get too teary eyed over this kid I want to know more of the truth. The truth has been covered with emotion.

• Upvote 2

I still think we need to think. Bad things happen. But having been behind buildings at 0300 looking for people who are trying to break into places, I know that things happen. I have seen the clips of cops who are supposed to be beating someone with their flashlights. I could not explain what was happening but I did know, because I carried one of those flashlights, that if the cops was beating the guy the way the clip depicted, the guy would have broken bones but there were none. I think the guy in Florida was wrong to shoot the kid but I cannot say that the poor boy was totally innocent. I sounds like the kid should have been maced but Florida law permitted shooting if the kid was beating on the guy. There is a real question as to what the kid was doing. Personally, if someone is beating on me he gets what he gets. If I can get to my knife I will cut him as badly as possible. If I have mace or taser he will be maced or tased, then I beat on him. What I am saying is before I get too teary eyed over this kid I want to know more of the truth. The truth has been covered with emotion.

when we let our emotions rule over us we will make bad decisions. Being involved in ministry that when couples have an emotional falling out that if you try to make sense of it you most likely won't. Thats why we need to step back instead of fueling the fire. As more info comes forward better decisions will be made. But lets not politicise this that aids in making decisions that will affect our freedom. Rom Immanuel said not to let a crisis go to waste.

• Upvote 2

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/witness-trayvon-martin-attacked-zimmerman/

Maybe George Zimmerman did act in self-defense when he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, whose death Feb. 26 in Sanford, Florida, has been the focus of a media and political circus that even included Barack Obama weighing in this week.

An eyewitness to the incident told police Martin was beating Zimmerman before he shot him.

Zimmerman had called 911 to report the suspicious activities of a youth in his neighborhood, telling the dispatcher that he was following Martin.

On the recording of another 911 call, repeated cries of “help” can be heard before the gunshot.

The witness, identified only as John, says those cries were made by Zimmerman who was on the ground being beaten by Martin.

“The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: ‘help, help … and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,” he said.

Martin was wearing a gray hoodie, while Zimmerman was wearing red.

“When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point,” John said.

Zimmerman claimed the shooting was self-defense. Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen. Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Meanwhile, the attack has been portrayed by most media outlets as a racist, vigilante-style assault by Zimmerman – a half-Hispanic, half-white, self-style neighborhood crime-watch captain – on an innocent role-model black teen-ager carrying only a cell phone and some Skittles.

Obama weighed in on the shooting Friday, saying the incident requires all Americans to “do some soul searching.”

“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” he said. “I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together – federal, state and local – to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened. But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin: If I had a son he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are gonna take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”

GOP presidential contender Newt Gingrich called those remarks “disgraceful” and divisive.

“What the president said in a sense is disgraceful,” he said. “It’s not a question of who that young man looked like. Any young American of any ethnic background should be safe period. We should all be horrified no matter what the ethnic background. Is the president suggesting that if it had been a white who had been shot that would be OK because it didn’t look like him?”

He added that it’s “just nonsense dividing this country up. It is a tragedy this young man was shot. It would have been a tragedy if he had been Puerto Rican or Cuban or if he had been white or if he had been Asian American of if he’d been a Native American. At some point we ought to talk about being Americans. When things go wrong to an American, it is sad for all Americans. Trying to turn it into a racial issue is fundamentally wrong. I really find it appalling.”

The U.S. Justice Department has opened an investigation of the incident. There have been threats on the life of the Sanford police chief. The Black Panthers have offered a $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman’s “capture”. Most media accounts of the story suggest Martin was walking down the street minding his own business when he was shot without provocation by Zimmerman.

• Upvote 4

I think the guy in Florida was wrong to shoot the kid but I cannot say that the poor boy was totally innocent.

End Quote

I see... Desimo, let me please ask you something with the utmost respect but I need to ask... If the boy was your son, a trusted friend's son or a relative or son of a relative of yours... Would you still doubt him being innocent or not based on the same elements you're aware of right now?

Thanks in advance....Again I ask this to you with the utmost respect.

Edited by umbertino

ya but we stil dont have all the details why was he in a gated community which he did not live there im sure this isn't the only time that kid has been in trouble we just dont know the details but what this guy did was indeed wrong and he should be convicted of at least man slaughter if NOT murder.

I'm with you easy..........Nobody knows what really happened, The Media is whipping people into a frenzy ripe for vigilante justice(The New Black Panthers 10k reward), the same Media that lies to the American people 99% of the time. Don't be quick to pass judgement and act the part of a true SHEEPLE like the media wants you to. There trying to make this a white killing black, crime... why? When Zimmerman is not white, because it inflames the black in this country more when it's a white kill black crime and somehow, it wouldn't surprise me if the DOJ and Obama had a hand in this, desperate times call for desperate measures.And as Holder said" never let a good disaster go to waste(or was it that other boob that said that).............put that in your pipe and smoke it:angry:

Edited by Mongo
  • Upvote 3

Know what would have been weird? If someone else on Neighborhood Watch had noticed some pudgy Latino-looking dude driving slowly around in the night, apparently following some kid in a hoodie, and dialed 9-1-1, then gone out to investigate, seen him getting out of his SUV and poking around in the neighborhood, and yelled "HEY! WTF ARE YOU DOING?", prompting Zimmerman to draw his weapon, at which point the concerned citizen wound up shooting Zimmerman for creeping.

http://www.wnd.com/2...cked-zimmerman/

Maybe George Zimmerman did act in self-defense when he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, whose death Feb. 26 in Sanford, Florida, has been the focus of a media and political circus that even included Barack Obama weighing in this week.

An eyewitness to the incident told police Martin was beating Zimmerman before he shot him.

Maybe Martin had the better of a fight for a few minutes.... Maybe Martin would claim self defense as well, if he was alive. Bottom-line, police dropped the ball on a death/killing investigation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Maybe Martin had the better of a fight for a few minutes.... Maybe Martin would claim self defense as well, if he was alive. Bottom-line, police dropped the ball on a death/killing investigation.

Now this is the DV that I know... negatives for the statements above. What was irrational?

@Mongo - I totally agree! I'll also add, a judicial process on Feb 26 would get us closer to actual facts but that chance is blown by not getting forensics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1