Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Steal a car in 30 seconds

divemaster5734

Worthless scum, I wish we beat people with cains for stealing cars like other countries. :angry:

***///

Not only did he get her car, but her pocketbook, cell phone and other cool junk, too!

Holy cow! :o

Thats terrible!

I didn't post this as a guide of "how to", rather as a reminder of what to avoid, especially if there is absolutely no reason for a "funny" sound when you start moving after restarting your parked car.

We have all read stories of this happening, but the video shows you how easily it can be done.

This was a demonstration video, the car was not actually stolen.

• Upvote 3

I didn't post this as a guide of "how to", rather as a reminder of what to avoid, especially if there is absolutely no reason for a "funny" sound when you start moving after restarting your parked car.

We have all read stories of this happening, but the video shows you how easily it can be done.

This was a demonstration video, the car was not actually stolen.

I was thinking what a great prank it would be.

I think I should start a public service and do this to 25 of my closest friends, and stop 100 feet away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

I was thinking what a great prank it would be.

I think I should start a public service and do this to 25 of my closest friends, and stop 100 feet away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My luck BNM is that one of my "friends" would pull out their concealed weapon and blast a hole in the back of my head as I drove away thinking what a great prank I just pulled! unsure.gif Some people just ain't got no sense of humor! rolleyes.gif

=============================================================================

Divemaster... I was kinda wondering where you were going with this and what was the reason for the post. I was about to say "you bad, bad boy" emot-shakehead.gif... till I realized it was "educational" ... whew, glad for that! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif Always good to try to stay one step ahead of the crooks!wink.gif Thank you btw!

Locked your keys in your car?

Got a remote, but it's in the car,

with your keys?

Got a spare remote at home?

Got a cell phone with you?

Call home.

Have someone take your remote,

hold it up to the phone and push the

button while you hold your phone next

to your car.

All done.

Doors are now unlocked...

We tested this myth at McClellan Buick-Pontiac-GMC

back in 2006.

It worked on various vehicles...

My luck BNM is that one of my "friends" would pull out their concealed weapon and blast a hole in the back of my head as I drove away thinking what a great prank I just pulled! unsure.gif Some people just ain't got no sense of humor! rolleyes.gif

That would really suck.

Locked your keys in your car?

Got a remote, but it's in the car,

with your keys?

Got a spare remote at home?

Got a cell phone with you?

Call home.

Have someone take your remote,

hold it up to the phone and push the

button while you hold your phone next

to your car.

All done.

Doors are now unlocked...

We tested this myth at McClellan Buick-Pontiac-GMC

back in 2006.

It worked on various vehicles...

No way. Really? :D

• Upvote 1

No way. Really? :D

Yes, really.

Now, keep in mind that we did it

with vehicles from the early to mid 2000's.

A 2005 Chevrolet Colorado (my truck),

a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (the boss's truck),

a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu (the wife's car (risky, I know)),

and various other employee cars and trucks.

Technology changes.

Test this with your vehicles at your own risk...

make the test easy. roll down the window; lock the car in your own driveway and do the test, I've been going to do it for months just have not found the time Being retired I am still catching up from what I was supposed to do last week.

• Upvote 1

Many years ago, so I don't know if it is still in effect, in Canada, so I don't know if it applies to the US, there was a law on the books of most Canadian cities and towns that would have not only charged the thief, but the car owner. Why? Because she left the door open, keys in the ignition., maybe even turned on. And why is that a crime? It is called "invitation to theft.

What that means is that if you leave your car in such a condition, as with the doors unlocked, the keys in the car whether they are in the ignition or not, you are setting the car up to be stolen. Invitation to theft.

I suspect it sort of falls into that category a lot of people use to suggest a woman wearing very revealing clothing is actually looking to be raped.

There are some sick people in the world.

Anyway, when my brother was first trained as a police officer, for the Ontario Provincial Police, the Ontario version of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, one of his "jobs" was to find cars that had been left open, unlocked, ready to be taken with keys in the ignition or even above the visor.

So, although the driver didn't really put a sign on the car saying, "Hey I am unlocked and the keys are here so steal me!" the car owner, or driver, was held responsible. Oh the thief was charged too, but it sort of took the sting out of it when the car owner was also charged with a misdemeanor.

You might want to keep that in mind when you are travelling to Canada ... a lot of Canadian charges are used to keep airport car rentals from growing wings and just taking off.

:)

smee2

Remote keyless entry systems and cell phones transmit their signals at different frequencies, and a car lock will not receive the required frequency to unlock a car door even if a person on the other end of the cell phone has the proper remote keyless entry transmitter.

Dont need a link, I'm a locksmith....It doesn't work. :)

Remote keyless entry systems and cell phones transmit their signals at different frequencies, and a car lock will not receive the required frequency to unlock a car door even if a person on the other end of the cell phone has the proper remote keyless entry transmitter.

Dont need a link, I'm a locksmith....It doesn't work. :)

I didn't think so. :)