Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

how is this not a lop

cooked

reform the system of payments through cash benefits at both the horizontal and vertical. At the horizontal level, the deletion of the three leading zeros to convert 30 trillion dinars to 30 billion dinars by deleting three zeros from the currency and replace the current in order to facilitate the process of dealing arithmetic. On the vertical plane, the deletion of zeros would lead to the restructuring of the currency and installed.

Read more:

Some one please tell me how this is not a lop?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Because when you take 30 Tillion Dinars that are already undervalued, and make them suddenly 30 Billion Dinars that are valued according to the countries assets, both the value of the Trillion Dinars and the unrepresented value of the assets are squeezed into the newly reduced money supply.

They aren't simply removing the zeros, they're reducing the money supply.

Imagine that you have two glasses half full of water.

You want to have one glass of water, so you pour one into the other. The same size of glass has twice as much water! It's not magic, it's simple math!!! :)

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Because when you take 30 Tillion Dinars that are already undervalued, and make them suddenly 30 Billion Dinars that are valued according to the countries assets, both the value of the Trillion Dinars and the unrepresented value of the assets are squeezed into the newly reduced money supply.

You want to have one glass of water, so you pour one into the other. The same size of glass has twice as much water! It's not magic, it's simple math!!! :)

Your analogy would be the equivalent of pouring a pitcher of water into a shot glass. Yes, it would be magic ! Not to mention your explanation is wack ! Sounds like Okinomics.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 16

reform the system of payments through cash benefits at both the horizontal and vertical. At the horizontal level, the deletion of the three leading zeros to convert 30 trillion dinars to 30 billion dinars by deleting three zeros from the currency and replace the current in order to facilitate the process of dealing arithmetic. On the vertical plane, the deletion of zeros would lead to the restructuring of the currency and installed.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1pOA6VKv8

A redenomination alone is a lop. A redenomination with a revaluation is not a lop. IMO

Why the negs, i'm asking how this is good for us. Tell me why this is good, dont just neg me.

my friend the truth is iraq has stated that 1) their currency will be the strongest in the middle east 2) that it will be comparable to the dollar within 2 years.

now when they really plan on doing this, no one knows BUT shabibi. so we speculate. loppers believe we will simply break even first in our investment before the promised revaluation happens. speculators believe there will be a reduction in money supply (as we are seeing now), a revaluation and then a removing of the zeros.

i am with the speculators. check out my post on the water balloon analogy. i also hedged my bets by investing in the isx.

• Upvote 1

Even if you provide a news link, if you want to discuss LOP please discuss it in the LOP Forum. angry.gif Moving Topic to the appropriate section.

-

What rate of exchange are you expecting when exchanging old for new and what rate are you expecting on the newly valued currency?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Even if you provide a news link, if you want to discuss LOP please discuss it in the LOP Forum. angry.gif Moving Topic to the appropriate section.

-

Sorry, didn't realize this was lop talk, not thinking.

So this is a RD? This still is not what we want. I din't understans how people are excited about this. Can someone explain how this is good for us? Even if they RD, we are still not going to see much if any profit after fees and such. I admit that this is written by an "economic expert" and not Shabs so this may not even be accurate, but I don't see how we can profit from this.

so its over ?

Looks it to me. :(

• Upvote 1

Sorry, didn't realize this was lop talk, not thinking.

So this is a RD? This still is not what we want. I din't understans how people are excited about this. Can someone explain how this is good for us? Even if they RD, we are still not going to see much if any profit after fees and such. I admit that this is written by an "economic expert" and not Shabs so this may not even be accurate, but I don't see how we can profit from this.

Looks it to me. :(

I don't think you're going to get a straight answer from anyone here. This definitely does seem like a lop article. But take heart, Good articles, just like bad ones, come and go, so let's see what the new week or two brings us. Although to me this is a lop article, there is always the chance that it really actually is "smoke." There is some logic to the idea that the CBI would like to scare investors away.

I don't think you're going to get a straight answer from anyone here. This definitely does seem like a lop article. But take heart, Good articles, just like bad ones, come and go, so let's see what the new week or two brings us. Although to me this is a lop article, there is always the chance that it really actually is "smoke." There is some logic to the idea that the CBI would like to scare investors away.

I posted first to your thread. You didn't respond. You just pretend like my post is not there.

Whatever.

Read more:

If you think everything you read is true I feel sorry for you!!! Forget it, NO LOP!!! Lets get for real, would Iraq come out and say they're gonna RV? NO WAY!!!

• Upvote 2

Technically it's not even a redenomination when the money supply is being reduced. It's a redenomination when the same amount of Dinar will be in circulation afterward.

No, its the same VALUE, but not the same amount. A redenomination is done to reduce the amount (left from past hyperinflation) thus raising the exchange rate proportionately so the value of the money supply remains the same. e.g.

30T IQD at $0.00086 USD per IQD is worth $25.8B USD

becomes

30B new-dinar at $0.86 USD per new-dinar is worth $25.8B USD

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 3

Hey Cooked,

You have to look at it like this:

They are taking the value of the 30 trillion dinar and squeezing it into the 30 billion dinar left in country (their money supply in dollars will remain exactly the same).

Each dinar will have the value of what 1000 dinar used to have. Make sense!

Moving forward from this moment one dinar will be worth let's say $1 USD AND 1000 dinar will be worth $1000 USD.

This of course depends on the NEW exchange rate.

Their CBI Auction has been selling between $200 million and $250 million US dollars per DAY for months and months. This amounts to pulling 1 trillion dinar off the streets each and every week, over 4 trillion dinar off the streets every month. This has been going on for a while. I'd have to research it a little for exact numbers.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Cooked,

They are taking the value of the 30 trillion dinar and squeezing it into the 30 billion dinar left in country (their money supply in dollars will remain exactly the same).

Moving forward from this moment one dinar will be worth let's say $1 USD AND 1000 dinar will be worth $1000 USD.

Their CBI Auction has been selling between $200 million and $250 million US dollars per DAY for months and months. This amounts to pulling 1 trillion dinar off the streets each and every week, over 4 trillion dinar off the streets every month. This has been going on for a while. I'd have to research it a little for exact numbers.

Hope this helps.

I actually already said this, more or less. Cooked isn't listening. :(

• Downvote 1

Hey Cooked,

So far so good (as long as that last line refers to NEW-dianr. If they do nothing to the exchange rate it would be 1 new-dinar to $0.86 .

Just to clarify. $250 million USD * 4 is $1 Billlion USD or roughly 1 Trillion IQD per week. There is only 30T in actual circulation so only ~8 months of this would remove ALL dinar. Yet the auctions have been going on for years and there is no shortage whatsoever inside or outside of the country. So clearly they have been putting currency into the money supply as fast than they are taking it out. The fact that inflation is still at least in the low single digits (5% or so) says they are in fact putting it in faster then they are taking it out. Edited by dvforumuser

Cooked,

You are 100% correct in your thoughts. The CBI has been planning to delete the zeros aka lop for sometime now....its funny how when I first invested everyone seemed to understand that deleting the zeros is bad and not what we want but since the influx of those articles started coming in, they got twisted around now into something we want.

We don't want them to delete the zeros period....taking the money supply down to 30 billion from 30 trillion would require a 1000 to 1 exchange between old and new notes (exactly what they have said) is not profitable to us. Yea the NEW dinar will carry a higher rate when the rd is complete but unfortunately the bills we hold now would never see that value....

All we can hope is that either A, they are blowing smoke up our arse or B, that the govt doesn't approve the bill and shoots it down forcing the CBI to figure out a different way to raise the value....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5