Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

moose 57

GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin. My brother, Kevin, thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.

He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, 'Are you there, God?' he said. 'Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed...'

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult.

He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life?

Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, and later to bed.

The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.

He does not seem dissatisfied. He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work.

He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.

And Saturdays - oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. 'That one's goin' to Chi-car-go! ' Kevin shouts as he claps his hands.

His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips.

He doesn't know what it means to be discontent.

His life is simple.

He will never know the entanglements of wealth of power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.

His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it.

He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure.

He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.

Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.

Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an 'educated' person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations with my Christianity, I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith.

It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions.

It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap. I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care.

Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.

And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.

Kevin won't be surprised at all!

When you receive this, say a prayer. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. This is powerful.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, but a lot of rewards.

FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY

God Bless

• Upvote 7

Oh my goodness Moose, is this truely your brother that you have such understanding and love for? God has certainly used this precious one as a witness to our Lords unfading and unfailing love. I am truely touched by your compassion, understanding and love and yes I have a special prayer for Kevin and all the others that teach us every day.....Thankyou so much for sharing.

Oh my goodness Moose, is this truely your brother that you have such understanding and love for? God has certainly used this precious one as a witness to our Lords unfading and unfailing love. I am truely touched by your compassion, understanding and love and yes I have a special prayer for Kevin and all the others that teach us every day.....Thankyou so much for sharing.

He is not my brother, but, I have been privileged to hold his hand. T.Y.

• Upvote 1

GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin. My brother, Kevin, thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.

He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, 'Are you there, God?' he said. 'Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed...'

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult.

He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life?

Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, and later to bed.

The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.

He does not seem dissatisfied. He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work.

He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.

And Saturdays - oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. 'That one's goin' to Chi-car-go! ' Kevin shouts as he claps his hands.

His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips.

He doesn't know what it means to be discontent.

His life is simple.

He will never know the entanglements of wealth of power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.

His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it.

He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure.

He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.

Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.

Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an 'educated' person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations with my Christianity, I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith.

It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions.

It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap. I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care.

Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.

And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.

Kevin won't be surprised at all!

When you receive this, say a prayer. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. This is powerful.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, but a lot of rewards.

FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY

God Bless

moose57,

What a beautiful post moose...boy, could I share a lot with you, I'm sure you could give me some insight. You see, my sister was a near drowning when she was 3,at a public pool, I was 5 and saw her go under...I ran and got help, my sis was revived, thank God, but suffered some brain damage. She lived with mom and dad, dad died then she lived with mom, mom died, now she lives with my hubby and I.

I have had many thoughts about this subject, and (I know that you know this) my sister is in a very challenging position, you see, physically she is independent, her injuries have her on the level of an 8 year old in many ways, she acts like a (my) child in many areas of life but an adult in others.She desires to have a family, even though she is past her prime, she insists that she can live alone (actually tonight she told us she wants to have her own apt. with her 85 year old boyfriens that she met in Assisted Living years ago) she doesn't understand that she can't eat the proper diet(diabetic) needs to be monitored every day Has no concept of the cost of things, has gotten into "trouble" with a guy down the street as well as the garbage man! Right under my nose! She can be very crafty if she wants something(mostly seeking love with a man) I've had to move her out of 3 or 4 Assisted Living places cause she got into situations where she could get hurt. She has the reasoning of about an 8 yr. old, no impulse control(hence the probs.)...yet she thinks she can live alone...very difficult to convince her that she is not able...she tries to act like the "wife" when I'm not home..I guess it's a girl thing...Anyway my point is that...your brother is truly blessed, he enjoys his life, simple...whatever that really means..he has great joy. My sis is mostly always unhappy about something...it is very stressful at times on my marriage...I'm originally from NY..need I say more!! :D No matter how much we tell her that we are thankful for her..she helps around the house, loves the dogs, folds the laundry...but she is not able to process all that...she seems to always be needy, yes, I realize it is her brain injury...I so wish she could just see the blessings that she has, she teaches me a lot, .....I am so sad at times when she expresses her human desires, but many of them are just not possible....it is very difficult...your story was very inspiring....thank you...When our wealth is realized, I am going to figure out a way that she can have more of these things, by that I mean I will hire someone to live and work with her, take her places (more than I am able to at this time)...perhaps that can fulfill her dreams in a safe, protected way...God Bless.....

P.S. That was very therapeutic! :P

• Upvote 4

moose57,

What a beautiful post moose...boy, could I share a lot with you, I'm sure you could give me some insight. You see, my sister was a near drowning when she was 3,at a public pool, I was 5 and saw her go under...I ran and got help, my sis was revived, thank God, but suffered some brain damage. She lived with mom and dad, dad died then she lived with mom, mom died, now she lives with my hubby and I.

I have had many thoughts about this subject, and (I know that you know this) my sister is in a very challenging position, you see, physically she is independent, her injuries have her on the level of an 8 year old in many ways, she acts like a (my) child in many areas of life but an adult in others.She desires to have a family, even though she is past her prime, she insists that she can live alone (actually tonight she told us she wants to have her own apt. with her 85 year old boyfriens that she met in Assisted Living years ago) she doesn't understand that she can't eat the proper diet(diabetic) needs to be monitored every day Has no concept of the cost of things, has gotten into "trouble" with a guy down the street as well as the garbage man! Right under my nose! She can be very crafty if she wants something(mostly seeking love with a man) I've had to move her out of 3 or 4 Assisted Living places cause she got into situations where she could get hurt. She has the reasoning of about an 8 yr. old, no impulse control(hence the probs.)...yet she thinks she can live alone...very difficult to convince her that she is not able...she tries to act like the "wife" when I'm not home..I guess it's a girl thing...Anyway my point is that...your brother is truly blessed, he enjoys his life, simple...whatever that really means..he has great joy. My sis is mostly always unhappy about something...it is very stressful at times on my marriage...I'm originally from NY..need I say more!! :D No matter how much we tell her that we are thankful for her..she helps around the house, loves the dogs, folds the laundry...but she is not able to process all that...she seems to always be needy, yes, I realize it is her brain injury...I so wish she could just see the blessings that she has, she teaches me a lot, .....I am so sad at times when she expresses her human desires, but many of them are just not possible....it is very difficult...your story was very inspiring....thank you...When our wealth is realized, I am going to figure out a way that she can have more of these things, by that I mean I will hire someone to live and work with her, take her places (more than I am able to at this time)...perhaps that can fulfill her dreams in a safe, protected way...God Bless.....

P.S. That was very therapeutic! :P

'wealthhound

I believe that YOU are the blessiing that she has

• Upvote 1