Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

With Regret

delta22

Thank you for posting their names Delta so we may honor the fallen.

I am also grieving for those in Afghanistan who have been killed this week because of the Taliban inciting the citizens over the Quran burning. :(

How many more of our sons and brothers will die before our govt wakes up?....................

• Upvote 5

Makes my heart sick that this is our worlds reality. Where are our priorities? Its a scary thing to raise kids in these times where their external examples are so wrapped up in such selfishness. Where's the honor and strength of character...leadership?

I pray for those soldiers and their families and dear god please walk with those families during these teribble times and carry them if necessary.

• Upvote 2

I went to see the movie, "Act Of Valor" , last night. It was very moving. Brought me to tears. I feel there are so many unrecognized heros in this world. It is so sad how scewed the public's image of who is truly a hero, and who's lives truly need to be acknowledged and celebrated. I would recomend, every American Patriot see this movie. It sure puts things into perspective. We as a society have lost our perspection.

• Upvote 3

Delta,

Thank you for the post. You are right on.. but someone doesn't forget about these fallen heroes... His eyes are on the sparrow and how much more He values these fallen heroes... He cries when one of His creation is fallen. None slips away from His hands.

Have a blessed weekend!

• Upvote 1

Delta,

Thank you for the post. You are right on.. but someone doesn't forget about these fallen heroes... His eyes are on the sparrow and how much more He values these fallen heroes... He cries when one of His creation is fallen. None slips away from His hands.

Have a blessed weekend!

Oh Nadita, what a comfort you just reminded me of. Thankyou so much

It seems the world, at least the west, has a whole set of idols to worship, people who have a talent but not the values to lead a life that lets them use their talents to their best. Instead they allow managers and controllers to direct them in paths that lead to the addictions, the deadly habits, as if they will be immune to any bad results because they are ... famous. For some reason they are not happy with who they are, and what their talents could do, and they follow very bad examples and advice and end up dead before their time and mourned by millions.

Then, on the other hand, we have men and women who dedicate their talents and abilities to the whole of mankind, for the betterment of mankind. Whether they are soldiers, sailors, airmen, or marines, of the US, Canada, Britain, Australia, most of Europe ... they are bound by their oath and their dedication to service to help anyone and everyone who needs them.These people enter the fray knowing they may be called upon to give the ultimate sacrifice. But they also know that they do so as an instrument of good and should they leave this life for the next they will do so as unsung heros, hardly mentioned, missed by family and friends and unknown to the world.

The differences are astounding. Why should the world worship those who use fame as their daily bread and die trying to get that ultimate high that will make them feel good. But the world mostly ignores those who use service as their daily bread and should they die it is in the service of others, without the fanfare, the publicity and the agrandizement.

This is not how the world should be. It is not how we will advance in our society and culture and civilization. It is not how we have been directed to behave.

Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes we need to have the reality of this put right in front of our faces so we will remember and think a little deeper about our part in who we honour with greatfulness and pride and who we just acknowledge with publicity. I needed the reminder. I imagine others do too.

smee2

• Upvote 1