Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama apologizes to Karzai over Bagram Koran burnings

DCupp

He should be apologizing to the American people for doing such an awful jobe as " LIAR IN CHIEF"

President Obama apologized Thursday in a letter to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the burning of Korans at the largest American military base in Afghanistan, according to the White House and Karzai's office. The incident at Bagram Air Base has fueled days of angry protests in the war-torn country.

"I wish to express my deep regret for the reported incident," Karzai's office quoted Obama as saying in the message. "The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible."

Three days of protests over the incident have left 14 people dead, including two American soldiers shot dead when an Afghan soldier turned his weapon on them at their base in Khogyani in eastern Nangarhar province, district governor Mohammad Hassan told AFP.

White House officials declined to challenge the wording.

US Ambassador Ryan Crocker delivered the letter to Karzai on Thursday afternoon, local time, according to US National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor.

Obama "expressed our regret and apologies over the incident in which religious materials were unintentionally mishandled at Bagram Airbase," Vietor said in an emailed statement.

The incident, which occurred on Tuesday, led the Taliban to call on Afghans to retaliate against the US-led coalition forces in Afghanistan and drew a stern rebuke from Karzai himself earlier this week.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

What a loser! I'd apologize to them after they apologized to us for burning all of our American flags! :angry::angry: Until then I would let our mighty military wipe their rears with the pages from the koran and make sure they knew about it. O has no spine and your right Gina he should be impeached.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Muslim Sympathizer, Where's is out cry for two American soldiers shot dead when an Afghan soldier turned his weapon on them at their base in Khogyani in eastern Nangarhar province..

True colors are showing the Koran over American Solders...

I agree with you ..were the head of the soldier that killed your two, were is our justice

• Upvote 1

He should be apologizing to the American people for doing such an awful jobe as " LIAR IN CHIEF"

President Obama apologized Thursday in a letter to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the burning of Korans at the largest American military base in Afghanistan, according to the White House and Karzai's office. The incident at Bagram Air Base has fueled days of angry protests in the war-torn country.

"I wish to express my deep regret for the reported incident," Karzai's office quoted Obama as saying in the message. "The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible."

Three days of protests over the incident have left 14 people dead, including two American soldiers shot dead when an Afghan soldier turned his weapon on them at their base in Khogyani in eastern Nangarhar province, district governor Mohammad Hassan told AFP.

White House officials declined to challenge the wording.

US Ambassador Ryan Crocker delivered the letter to Karzai on Thursday afternoon, local time, according to US National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor.

Obama "expressed our regret and apologies over the incident in which religious materials were unintentionally mishandled at Bagram Airbase," Vietor said in an emailed statement.

The incident, which occurred on Tuesday, led the Taliban to call on Afghans to retaliate against the US-led coalition forces in Afghanistan and drew a stern rebuke from Karzai himself earlier this week.

My view on this to my Commander-In-Chief....WTF? Apologize? I don't think so. :angry:

He who kicks a bee hive will be stung.

It was wrong for the Koran to be burned, we cry about religious freedoms and when it comes to this now everyone is in an uproar. All of the arm chair quarterbacks who talk about not apologizing when you disrespect someone negative things happen. Don't you think this was coming once the word got out about the Koran? I feel bad for those soldiers being killed but that would not have happen if the books had not been burned. If you disrespect someone, you create ill will. This creates a hot bed and a rallying call for those who are on the fence. You apologize and go on and hope to make amends. For those who have never left the US and experience other cultures then you would know and maybe understand what is like when you disrespect cultural ways of life. We are talking about the Koran burning here. Don't spin the subject. As Shabs said just pack it up and come home. End of story.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

He who kicks a bee hive will be stung.

It was wrong for the Koran to be burned, we cry about religious freedoms and when it comes to this now everyone is in an uproar. All of the arm chair quarterbacks who talk about not apologizing when you disrespect someone negative things happen. Don't you think this was coming once the word got out about the Koran? I feel bad for those soldiers being killed but that would not have happen if the books had not been burned. If you disrespect someone, you create ill will. This creates a hot bed and a rallying call for those who are on the fence. You apologize and go on and hope to make amends. For those who have never left the US and experience other cultures then you would know and maybe understand what is like when you disrespect cultural ways of life. We are talking about the Koran burning here. Don't spin the subject. As Shabs said just pack it up and come home. End of story.

Hmmm, banging the bee hive? Kinda like burning US flags, our torturing our soldiers, or dragging their naked bodies down the streets? I have been over seas to a lot of different countries for many reasons I care not to discuss, whenever I'm abroad I do respect other countries, but this is complete BS! As far as respect they can kiss my rear until they learn to show some. These guys are a bunch of animals who treat their animals better than their women and kids, and I don't give a rip if this type of treatment is part of their culture or not these guys are as stone aged as they come and the only respect they deserve is a double tap to the cranium. You saying these soldiers lost their lives because we burned a book of theirs? It's just another excuse for these animals to go postal, whats next they bomb the embassy because we ran over Habib's favorite goat with a hummer? Go preach that somewhere else bud I respectfully disagree with you on that one. O has got to go! :angry:

• Upvote 4

Hmmm, banging the bee hive? Kinda like burning US flags, our torturing our soldiers, or dragging their naked bodies down the streets? I have been over seas to a lot of different countries for many reasons I care not to discuss, whenever I'm abroad I do respect other countries, but this is complete BS! As far as respect they can kiss my rear until they learn to show some. These guys are a bunch of animals who treat their animals better than their women and kids, and I don't give a rip if this type of treatment is part of their culture or not these guys are as stone aged as they come and the only respect they deserve is a double tap to the cranium. You saying these soldiers lost their lives because we burned a book of theirs? It's just another excuse for these animals to go postal, whats next they bomb the embassy because we ran over Habib's favorite goat with a hummer? Go preach that somewhere else bud I respectfully disagree with you on that one. O has got to go! :angry:

thank you for the comment but from the sad state of affairs on the GOP side of the house he will go in 2016. If you look at the pulse of the country none of the current candidates for GOP are all losing to him. Remember in the good old USA you can burn a flag and get away with it. Why stoop to there level? So you treat stupidity with stupidity i should say not. Post the facts. So when you are in a foreign country uninvited you face this issues of this sort. I am sorry to say sir, that some religions are deeply religious and you cross the line then there is no forgiveness as it is in our Christian religion we are supposed to forgive. I appreciate your respectful disagreement.

We own them nooooo apology .. They owe our men and woman so much . Obama sucks . He is a poor excuse for a human being .

That is why we are in the situation we are in or would be in worse situation if we had people who think like you were in control of this country. Apologies are normally but not always accepted in those countries.

Edited by carlablum
Edited the quote
  • Upvote 3

DiveDeepSix Agree with you 100% . Been there done that and from your moniker I know you've been there done that. Easy to talk from a sitting position and why not O does it all the time . That is how he doesn't step on his crank. Nobody will change their culture and their beliefs. Animals are animals if you don't believe that go to a zoo. The wild ones may seem tame but drop into one sometime and see the results. Just saying. These ragheads are scum in our eyes but that's our opinion and we are scum in their eyes. Bottom line we left witnesses. Read into this what you will been there done that.

• Downvote 2

Muslim Sympathizer, Where's is out cry for two American soldiers shot dead when an Afghan soldier turned his weapon on them at their base in Khogyani in eastern Nangarhar province..

True colors are showing the Koran over American Solders...

I am afraid you missed the point of the apology altogether...the Pres. is trying to save the lives of American soldiers so Muslims stop retaliating against them. It's actually courageous. It allows Muslims to save face.

Perhaps you missed the part about why we invaded the mid east too. (oil)

• Upvote 4