Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is Obama preparing for the RV...from your pocket to his.

Luigi1

From Another Site... Obama's Dividend Assault. A Plan To Triple The Tax Rate Would Hurt All Shareholders & Investors.

Mr. Obama is proposing to raise the dividend tax rate to the higher personal income tax rate of 39.6% that will kick in next year. Add in the planned phase-out of deductions and exemptions, and the rate hits 41%. Then add the 3.8% investment tax surcharge in ObamaCare, and the new dividend tax rate in 2013 would be 44.8%—nearly three times today's 15% rate.

Grab your ***** and hang on to your socks. Obama wants to tax all our investments at 3X the current rate to pay for his income re-distribution policies.

Read more. See link below....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204880404577225493025537660.html?mod=djemEditorialPage_h

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

THE WELFARE STATE IS HERE

The dangers of the Welfare State are 1) it often is unjust in taking lawful property from individuals through excessive taxation, 2) it substitutes the collective judgment of the government for the freedom and judgment of the individual 3) it discourages initiative and entrepreneurship by individuals, and 4) it leads to excessive government power and hence corruption. The danger of these tendencies of the welfare state were well summarized by Lionel Trilling, a respected man of the contemporary liberal left as quoted by Gertrude Himmelfarb in her book Poverty and Compassion (Knopf Publisher 1991) “Some paradox of our natures leads us, when once we have made our fellow men the objects of our enlightened interest, to go on to make them the object of our pity, then of our wisdom, ultimately of our coercion. It is to prevent this corruption, the most ironic and tragic that man knows, that we stand in need of the moral realism which is the product of the moral imagination”.

As the distinquished political economist F. A. Hayek has stated; “The guiding principle that a policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy remains as true today as it was in the nineteenth century”.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I'm not saying I'm for or against Obama. This artical is written as an opinion piece. There is no link to support his opinion. Just as we ask for links here on DV to support facts you are stating. Would anyone happen to have a link to the proposed 2013 budget? Not sure if my A.D.D. could handle it but it's worth a shot.

Thanks

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

THE WELFARE STATE IS HERE

The dangers of the Welfare State are 1) it often is unjust in taking lawful property from individuals through excessive taxation, 2) it substitutes the collective judgment of the government for the freedom and judgment of the individual 3) it discourages initiative and entrepreneurship by individuals, and 4) it leads to excessive government power and hence corruption. The danger of these tendencies of the welfare state were well summarized by Lionel Trilling, a respected man of the contemporary liberal left as quoted by Gertrude Himmelfarb in her book Poverty and Compassion (Knopf Publisher 1991) “Some paradox of our natures leads us, when once we have made our fellow men the objects of our enlightened interest, to go on to make them the object of our pity, then of our wisdom, ultimately of our coercion. It is to prevent this corruption, the most ironic and tragic that man knows, that we stand in need of the moral realism which is the product of the moral imagination”.

As the distinquished political economist F. A. Hayek has stated; “The guiding principle that a policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy remains as true today as it was in the nineteenth century”.

We now have 55% of the nation that are takers & the other 45% work & pay all the taxes.

The majority, the takers, guess who they are voting for in Nov?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I'm not saying I'm for or against Obama. This artical is written as an opinion piece. There is no link to support his opinion. Just as we ask for links here on DV to support facts you are stating. Would anyone happen to have a link to the proposed 2013 budget? Not sure if my A.D.D. could handle it but it's worth a shot.

Thanks

This Bill is now up to the IPAS board. It will be more than likey be snuck in at wee hours of the morning while America sleeps. This is how Obama operates.

• Upvote 5

This was my reply to Tarsi on another thread..... I moved it here as well because it applies.....

"Tarsi..... You just showed an article that voices what I have been saying for months. Obama has a good chance of getting 4 more years. To me, that is a sad example of the American society. We have finally gotten to the point where over 50% of the people in this country contribute nothing to the coffers of America. Of course Obama has 50% of the vote, the majority of those 50% don't have to do anything to pay for America, most just receive the benefits of being an American. Why would they want that to change? What you dems need to understand though is that as the percentage of those offering nothing and getting everything increases, the percentage of those actually paying for everything DECREASES!!!! Before long, we are Greece! People in the streets protesting because government can no longer afford to take care of them....... That point is coming fast!!!!!!!! What will you do then Tarsi???? Will you be the one protesting or will you be the one scrambling trying to figure out how your going to buy food and clothing and shelter for your family now that our government is BROKE!!!!???? "

Read more:

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 2

let us know your i neg you lol jk

Not sure why someone would neg me. All I'm asking is for people to do their own homework. Don't rely on what someone else tells you to be true. They all have agenda's. If believed what Okie says I would have been rich long time ago. laugh.gif I think they should all be fired and start over in washington. To many special interest groups, backdoor deals and corporate handouts. It would be great to get back to the Constitution " We The People" Washington has forgotten who they represent. Us.

• Upvote 16

Exactly!

I am a Electrical contractor in So Cal.

Many of my bread and butter accounts who have always hired licensed and insured contractors

are now using Cheap labor, These guys file exemption from works comp ( I pay 13% per labor hour )

and then use under the table illegal help.

No taxes paid, No insurance.

My customers are hurting bad and they now have to cut corners.

It's not news here, everyone knows it's going on.

Some will say that I'm racist, I laugh at them because my wife's parents came here legally from Mexico!

They stood in line passed the tests and Do not fly a mexican flag. They are proud Americans period!

The people calling me a racist really shut up when I Tell them this.

Its not just Obama who must go. It's way bigger than that IMHO.

Go USA!

Go SHABS!

Makes me want to go and find a deserted island sometimes. Live and fish with no taxes. On a bummer note, I'd have to learn to like coconuts. ohmy.gif

• Upvote 4

"The art of government is to make two-thirds of a nation pay all it possibly can payfor the benefit of the other third."

François-Marie(Voltaire) Arouet – 1694-1778

"It would be thought a hard government that should tax its people one tenth part." Benjamin Franklin, 1706-1790

"... as all history informs us, there has beenin every State & Kingdom a constant kind of warfare between the governing & governed: the one striving to obtain more for its support, and the other to pay less. And this has alone occasioned great convulsions, actual civilwars, ending either in dethroning of the Princes, or enslaving of the people.Generally indeed the ruling power carries its point, the revenues of princes constantly increasing, and we see that they are never satisfied, but always in want of more. The more the people are discontented with the oppression of taxes; the greater need the prince has of money to distribute among his partisans and pay the troops that are to suppress all resistance, and enable him to plunder at pleasure.There is scarce a king in a hundred who would not, if he could, follow the example of Pharaoh, get first all the peoples money, then all their lands, and then make them and their children servants for ever ..." Benjamin Franklin, 1706-1790

“This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take .... He will take ... And he will take ... He will take... And he will take... He will take... And you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the LORD will not hear you in that day.” (1Sam.8:11-18)

• Upvote 2

"Tarsi..... You just showed an article that voices what I have been saying for months. Obama has a good chance of getting 4 more years. To me, that is a sad example of the American society. We have finally gotten to the point where over 50% of the people in this country contribute nothing to the coffers of America. Of course Obama has 50% of the vote, the majority of those 50% don't have to do anything to pay for America, most just receive the benefits of being an American. Why would they want that to change? What you dems need to understand though is that as the percentage of those offering nothing and getting everything increases, the percentage of those actually paying for everything DECREASES!!!! Before long, we are Greece! People in the streets protesting because government can no longer afford to take care of them....... That point is coming fast!!!!!!!! What will you do then Tarsi???? Will you be the one protesting or will you be the one scrambling trying to figure out how your going to buy food and clothing and shelter for your family now that our government is BROKE!!!!???? "

This comment and explanation is so good it bears repeating!!!

GO RV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Makes me want to go and find a deserted island sometimes. Live and fish with no taxes. On a bummer note, I'd have to learn to like coconuts. ohmy.gif

This is exactly what's going to happen. Anyone with investements are going to cash in & leave. That'll make stock values drop & in turn dry up expansion, job creation & re-tooling. Many corporations will also pack up & leave for more business friendly environments.

• Upvote 3

Exactly!

I am a Electrical contractor in So Cal.

Many of my bread and butter accounts who have always hired licensed and insured contractors

are now using Cheap labor, These guys file exemption from works comp ( I pay 13% per labor hour )

and then use under the table illegal help.

No taxes paid, No insurance.

My customers are hurting bad and they now have to cut corners.

It's not news here, everyone knows it's going on.

Some will say that I'm racist, I laugh at them because my wife's parents came here legally from Mexico!

They stood in line, passed the tests, and pledged alegiance to our Country

They vote at all elections ( not democrats ) They Do not fly a mexican flag.

They are proud Americans period!

The people calling me a racist really shut up when I Tell them this.

Its not just Obama who must go. It's way bigger than that IMHO.

Go USA!

Go SHABS!

I here you

When our government ( well some of them) says the Illegals only take the jobs us Americans don't want I have to laugh. or I would get really mad at there ignorance. When I was living in Texas from 79 to 94 doing glass work, There were Illegals doing Glass,painting,bricklaying,pluming,sheet rocking,roofing, flooring,trim carpentry and electrical. My point is they are willing and able to anything that needs to be done to make a buck. So it is not just jobs we don't want, WAKE UP AMERICA before were scratching are heads saying what happened.

• Upvote 2