Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Old article, but good read....from another site

Well lets look at George Bush....perhaps he did not state it, but his cabinet did. 2 people who should know....

Donald: Donald Rumsfeld said, in effect, that the war would pay for itself: “The bulk of the funds for Iraq’s reconstruction will come from Iraqis – from oil revenues, recovered assets, international trade, direct foreign investment….”

My link

Paul Wolfowitz said: Economic failures of the US war in Iraq. Remember the Bush administration’s assertions that the Iraq war would pay for itself? On March 27, 2003, Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz told the House Appropriations Committee that Iraqi oil would pay for the costs of the war: “We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon.” In a press conference on Oct. 2, 2003, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld predicted: “The bulk of the funds for Iraq’s reconstruction will come from Iraqis—from oil revenues, recovered assets, international trade, direct foreign investment—as well as some contributions we’ve already received and hoped to receive from the international community.”

My link

Might I add these two were not aids to the president at the time, running errands and going for coffee.

I see two quotes talking about Iraq paying for their own reconstruction, not paying the US a trillion or two for their liberation.

Now the assertion they have RV to get out of Chapter 7....my opinion is no. Do they have to RV to get out of HCL....my opinion is no. But I do believe they have to have their ducks in a row before they can do anything. Provide stability and show signs they mean to keep it that way. They do seem to need to get out of Chapter 7 to play with the big boys, they need the passing of the HCL to bring the big boys over and begin doing business. So that is my take on that. Some may disagree....

Delete three zero's that is open to opinion again. Sometimes they refer to lifting ...... lifting for them is interesting. In most of the articles when the refer to a meeting that has changed, they say "lift" which means to move to another date. Something I have noticed of late.

I have no opinion of .00086, nominal value. I am not sure what you mean by that.....I don't read much of the guru stuff, but you must. ;)

When saleh says flat out that in deleting three zeros, 25,000 dinar becomes 25 dinar, what exactly is open to debate or opinion?

• Upvote 1

Yea this is the same guy who said that the Iraq war could not possibly cost more than $50 Billion dollars. Gee only off by a factor of what, 40 or so?

Dude :blink::huh::unsure: ...don't even start "trying" someone who has gone through times & situations that you'll never begin to comprehend.....off by how much???...start off by how much the CBI is off by :o

• Upvote 1

Dude :blink::huh::unsure: ...don't even start "trying" someone who has gone through times & situations that you'll never begin to comprehend.....off by how much???.

What? I'm only pointing out that even if Rumsfeld thought we would get paid back by Iraq for the cost of the war (and I don't think he did think this, it was that we would not also have to pay for reconstruction), his esitmate for the cost (and hence the needed payback) was wildly too low. So using the "the war will pay for itself" claim, makes no sense as they were only thinking in terms of $50B dollars max.

..start off by how much the CBI is off by :o

I assume this is about the auditors giving only a qualified report, but as has been said over and over this is meaningless unless we have the report that says what it was that caused them to do so. You keep contending that this means their opinion was that they can not tell anything about what was what for the CBI, but that is clearly false as if that was the case they would have given an "adverse report", not only a qualified one.

Also Iraq is in its own category apart from Turkey, Russia, Brazil and others who have actually lopped.

None of these countries had the USD as its second and stabilizing currency prior to their major change in its exchange rate either...

Why is it that none of these lopsters ever conceder the USD strength in the value of Iraq’s stabilization…

Thanks Tony for the reflection to the past..

Agenda my friend.

Same as the gun grabbers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I see two quotes talking about Iraq paying for their own reconstruction, not paying the US a trillion or two for their liberation.

When saleh says flat out that in deleting three zeros, 25,000 dinar becomes 25 dinar, what exactly is open to debate or opinion?

The majority of Iraq is trying to work towards a strong future for their country and the Iraqi people, and the majority are actually working together to make this happen. The Iraqi government has bluntly stated they do not support the deletion of the zeros. And whether the CBI needs their approval or not, they are also trying to work TOGETHER for the good of the country. Maybe they planned to RD and maybe some think it is a good idea still, but obviously they are working with the government to do what is best - which does not appear to be an RD. Times have changed for them, their plan can too. And please realize, we do all know the possibilities here, but some choose to think positive and others less than positive . . . to each there own, but please stop cramming it down our throats!

• Upvote 2

So you do at least agree that the CBI IS saying, repeatedly, that they are going to RD. You might think they are not telling the truth, but that is what they are saying. Right?

Obviously, yes, that is what they are saying. Speaking only for myself, it is a question of my obligation to believe what the CBI is saying, or the lack thereof.

I stand by my post and the links. You can take it for whatever it is worth. Has there been a re domination? This is an old article is it not? Moving on a plan from 2005 and this article is from 2010....hmmmmm seems to me we are in 2012, so I think at this juncture it is all opinion, including yours.

Deleting zero's.....lifting of zero's, raising zero's...they have many terminology's for how they are dealing with the dinar. What is open to debate or opinion? It is all opinion at this point from my perspective, including yours.

You can debate your opinion if you want. Why it is important to you to do so is beyond me. Actually I find it a futile debate in the end. All have their ideas, hopes and possibilities of where this will come out. If you are here to prove something to someone , or you have something of importance we have not heard already you need to move on. We all have better things to do.

• Upvote 1

I assume this is about the auditors giving only a qualified report, but as has been said over and over this is meaningless unless we have the report that says what it was that caused them to do so. You keep contending that this means their opinion was that they can not tell anything about what was what for the CBI, but that is clearly false as if that was the case they would have given an "adverse report", not only a qualified one.

Keep :huh::blink::unsure: is it you on a few Red Bull & Vodkas :huh::blink::unsure:..

• Upvote 1

Keep :huh::blink::unsure: is it you on a few Red Bull & Vodkas :huh::blink::unsure:..

laugh.gif Nope....just another person who understands what those opinions on the audits mean.....again, if the reasons they gave had anything to do directly with auditing the currency issued by the CBI, or directly affecting the way they were able to audit the reserves, then Id probly have more then enough reason to doubt them...

The problem is they come out with conflicting articles. You are in this investment with blinders on if you don't realize that no one on any of these sites knows exactly what Iraq is going to do with regards to their currency and that a lop is a possibility. I hope it revalues and we make a lot of money, but I also know that it is possible that I will break even or make a minimal amount. One thing I know.......not one piece of so called intel in 6 years has come true. When they switched out the currency before.... they gave out one NID to one of the old Sadaam dinar and 150 NID to one Swiss dinar that was used up north. I know this for a fact because I knew someone that was over there when that was happening and who was involved in the process and it was widely published. I don't know what they will do, but fighting over it, when none of us know, is stupid. Why waste your time being rude to others when it is so much easier to be nice and consider that there are differing opinion on this investment.

• Upvote 1

The problem is they come out with conflicting articles. You are in this investment with blinders on if you don't realize that no one on any of these sites knows exactly what Iraq is going to do with regards to their currency and that a lop is a possibility. I hope it revalues and we make a lot of money, but I also know that it is possible that I will break even or make a minimal amount. One thing I know.......not one piece of so called intel in 6 years has come true. When they switched out the currency before.... they gave out one NID to one of the old Sadaam dinar and 150 NID to one Swiss dinar that was used up north. I know this for a fact because I knew someone that was over there when that was happening and who was involved in the process and it was widely published. I don't know what they will do, but fighting over it, when none of us know, is stupid. Why waste your time being rude to others when it is so much easier to be nice and consider that there are differing opinion on this investment.

This is actually not too bad, they're are having a debate on all the possibilities of the outcome of this investment, remember we all have an idea of how this'll end.

laugh.gif Nope....just another person who understands what those opinions on the audits mean.....again, if the reasons they gave had anything to do directly with auditing the currency issued by the CBI, or directly affecting the way they were able to audit the reserves, then Id probly have more then enough reason to doubt them...

"just another person who understands what those opinions on the audits mean" :huh::blink::unsure:

Keep you are always quick to refer to the currency issued in the CBI's financials...but you need to understand that those qualified opinions are based on the financials as a whole :o

Edited by GotSix
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank you Dinarduo....I appreciate your support and thanks. And you are right on target, so my thanks to you. Iraq has a great opportunity. What I think they are dealing with, which is not a bad thing, it is actually understandable. There are some who are afraid of becoming monopolized, and loosing their cultural heart to a world that is pretty cruel. Kind of like the talent so great and gifted, yet so many waiting to take advantage. So do you leave behind the history or do you become part of the world of lights and applause....I feel this is the pull.

I couldn't agree more . . . they are making a great deal of progress lately though, so I am hoping that the lights and applause have one the majority over. Still, it has to be difficult to consider the impact the wrong decision could have, so occasional set backs are certainly understandable. Thanks again for all you do!

Absolutely Sweetgirl.....none of us know what is going to happen. We all know this investment could go in a direction we did not anticipate in the beginning and it could advance in the direction we believed. However I do not understand why these people, "dinar saviors" so to speak continue to usurp our posts and only ones that are about the delete zero's. Well actually I do. They live in their mothers basement and eat ding dongs and they are bored with the other boards they try to dominate for attention.

Really...I am so done with this crap. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very tired of defending what I believe is possible.

Anyway Sweetgirl thank you for the post....I appreciate it. +1 for you.

• Upvote 2

If you take what saleh is saying is gospel and there is no debate here, you should be long gone by now. Unless you really just like to argue. CASH OUT BRO!!!!!! SALEH SAID!!!!

• Upvote 1

I couldn't agree more . . . they are making a great deal of progress lately though, so I am hoping that the lights and applause have one the majority over. Still, it has to be difficult to consider the impact the wrong decision could have, so occasional set backs are certainly understandable. Thanks again for all you do!

Thanks to you and we are all a part of a whole here....and Dianrduo you are in it! ;)

• Upvote 1

Well the first million I paid 832 for it and I haven't bought since 2009.... so hoping I will make something. Even if they lop hopefully we can change what we have for the new currecny and hold it until it goes up in value to make a profit. Dont get me wrong I hope they revalue and/or if they rd they give us a one to one exchange but that is not guaranteed. I only know that I will get an equivalent value of the new currency in comparison to what I am holding.....if that means 1000 new currency to 1 million NID.... not a dang thing I can do about it.

"just another person who understands what those opinions on the audits mean" :huh::blink::unsure:

Keep you are always quick to refer to the currency issued in the CBI's financials...but you need to understand that those qualified opinions are based on the financials as a whole :o

No they arent....thats what I and I think a few others have tried explaining....

When they give a qualified opinion they give specific reasoning as to why and they list them. But if you know what determines a qualified opinion, you would know that it by no means is saying the rest of the presented material was not audited fairly, or correctly.....

And if I remember correctly, it was hopefultxn that provided the links for you before, stating that the CBIs audits were performed by international accounting standards....could be wrong....

• Upvote 1

Absolutely Sweetgirl.....none of us know what is going to happen. We all know this investment could go in a direction we did not anticipate in the beginning and it could advance in the direction we believed. However I do not understand why these people, "dinar saviors" so to speak continue to usurp our posts and only ones that are about the delete zero's. Well actually I do. They live in their mothers basement and eat ding dongs and they are bored with the other boards they try to dominate for attention.

Really...I am so done with this crap. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very tired of defending what I believe is possible.

Anyway Sweetgirl thank you for the post....I appreciate it. +1 for you.

Zig, I was having a brain melt down too, I took a few days off and recharded my brain, I'm with you in your beliefs, but in the end only when this rv goes down we'll really know, thanks for all you do for us believers. :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

Zig, I was having a brain melt down too, I took a few days off and recharded my brain, I'm with you in your beliefs, but in the end only when this rv goes down we'll really know, thanks for all you do for us believers. :tiphat:

I agree...I think it is xshnay left for a couple of days.... or sometime after that. Thanks Tony! You do a whole lot for all of us! And I appreciate YOU!

• Upvote 1

"And if I remember correctly, it was hopefultxn that provided the links for you before, stating that the CBIs audits were performed by international accounting standards"

Are you sure about that :huh::blink::unsure: cause I know all about the IFRS B)

No Im not lol...thats why I said I could be wrong but it seems you didnt even read that part because you didnt even include it in your own quote from me! Make sure you read it completely next time....

A Qualified opinion report is issued when the auditor encountered one of two types of situations which do not comply with generally accepted accounting principles, however the rest of the financial statements are fairly presented. This type of opinion is very similar to an unqualified or “clean opinion”, but the report states that the financial statements are fairly presented with a certain exception which is otherwise misstated.

Go back and read through the reasons why that one particular audit was given a qualified opinion.....the rest was "fairly presented" as stated....which is why I dont think the angle you have on the audits is a big deal at all....considering it would do nothing that would dramatically change what Iraq could do with the dinar if those numbers are correct.....

They will RD. That's what the new currency is about. Plain and simple. The currency has to be changed do to the constitution, and the fact they don't have small enough denominations for their currency to work.

Question is how. Rv before, or rv, or ri after they do the exchange. One way makes us a lot of money. One way makes us a bit, and last, God forbid, gives us a loss.

I happen to believe they will rv before they rd. Looking at the big picture they said in a recent article that some of the currency won't ever make it back to the CBI as it will turn into a world reserve currency. To me, and I could be wrong, it doesn't matter what the CBI numbers are. We just have to wait and see what they'll do, cause ain't no way they're gonna tell us in these articles. Read between the lines all you want, but there will be no clues.

What country did a 1000-1 and became a reserve currency anyone? I don't know, so I ask. :)

• Upvote 2