Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WOW THIS SAYS ALOT Claims cancellation fees for issuing credit cards or reduced

DFI - I have no links but you should research this. Its a fund set up in the U.S holding Iraqi money, gold profits from the oil for food program etc. It was released to Iraq almost a year ago.

I don't think 30 trillion is a true number. Iraq was forced to pay for the printing of the new dinar with all kinds of security features to avoid counterfeiting of currency. The amount they paid was 150 million about...don't quote me. The currency was given a exchange rate of 1-1 replacing the old Saddam notes. Now. Taking all this into consideration the CBI would have injected/ replaced about 4-6 trillion. Remember they are under sanctioned and IMF control......why would you allow a country entering into democracy to print 26 trillion more? A lobster will say to show hyperflation. I am saying "no chance" their is over 14 trillion because the delarue company did not continue to receive money for the expense to hammer out that much currency. From what I can tell they replace about 3-4 trillion old from new and this can be found with a little digging....That 30 trillion is a false number helping to dispel a run on there currency. They are only required to be transparent to other countries....not the media....

Yes! Someone who thinks relatively the same way I do..

I've always doubted the media claimed figures, because 30+ trillion is a very large number...

Look... 6.38 Trillion was printed initially from De La Rue and it led to a 1:1 exchange. Out of that 6.38 Trillion, 2 Trillion was allocated to reserves. They started out exchaning old for new at 1:1, while they also exchanged Swiss at 150:1 (Swiss held a stronger value). They later on allowed the exchange of USD for IQD and soon after introduced I think the 250 note. At this point, I also think they released coinage but realized that they were basically worthless and never used, so they drew them back in. And the rough estimate of $150 million to print that, would sound feasible from what I've seen & read.

You can look at the CBI Annual Bulletin (Report) and see what they claim in circulation. It is always increasing, year after year, and generally relates to what the media claims. But, how can $150 million be funded when according to a Enoch/BIW chat that the CBI or GOI didn't even pay for it initially.

So, an article came out about how a money exchange from that country was explaining the life expectancy of the notes used over there. I've heard & read as "little" as 90 days, but I am sure some last up to 1.5 years. You have to remember, hard cash is used and handled more frequently than in the U.S. In the U.S., we use check cards, credit cards, and write checks. Over there? They handle cash, in their own environment which is much harsh than what we are accustomed to. Extreme heat, dry environment, etc play a role in the short lifespan of the notes.

If the life expectancy is short, it would be obvious they would have to continue to print & issue to replace new for old. Where do the old notes go? How much do they print each year to account for that? If you look at the CBI Annual bulletin and compare the history of overall amount printed, you will notice that it follows a pretty significant number. 3 trillion each year with one exception, 2006 or 2007 it went up by 6 trillion, but I would argue that was civil war related.

Now, they're expanding about by about 3 trillion on average (remember, 3 trillion in terms of hard cash). Interesting how that # is consistent for the most part, but does that figure include what is printed & issued to replace new for old? Obviously if what is printed and issued and later released is met by the equal amount being pulled from circulation, the money supply would not expand, right? So, what this would have to mean is that they're printing roughly 6 trillion each year to account where 50% is used to replace the soiled bills while the remaining 50% are used to expand the money supply.

6 trillion, is a rough guesstimate.. But, if it cost $150 million the first time around to print & issue, than it has been costing roughly the same each year after that... Right??

My theory was simply that the expansion of the money supply was simply what was printed & released to exchange old for new.. Makes sense, for the most part, right? But the average lopster would argue that the CBI laws state they don't hold excessive reserves.

Lets take a different view on the expansion, 6.38 Trillion to roughly 30 Trillion. This happen over a 7 year period. If you were trying to bring inflation down, why would printing more cash help reduce inflation? Too much cash chasing the same amount of goods is not a good thing, as it drives market prices up.

Continuing to look at the laws... No more than 200k IQD is allowed to cross out of the country. That is a value of $172 locals can't travel outside to use... Would anyone leave this country with only $172? But than you have to ask yourself, how did so much IQD arrive state side through banks/dealers? Obviously the CBI allowed the auctioning of their IQD. Why would they do that if they nearly knew from the beginning that they were supposedly going to R/D? In this theory, I'm going to argue the the idea of selling their IQD was like issuing stock, so to speak. The CBI / GOI built up their capital by selling their currency to foreign entitiies since they were currently restricted on how they could spend their revenue through oil sales. The CBI was the loophole method to help meet expenditures. I recall reading an article over a year ago about how this guy was interviewed and thought Shabbs was a genious for doing this.

Well, the CBI knows that all dispersed IQD is a liability and they're likely looking to draw them in. Well, some people will hold & hold & continuing holding until the value goes up. Just like a stock, why sell unless the move is significant enough to make it worth selling.

I wonder if the CBI is accepting Riyals for USD or only IQD? If so, I wonder if the black market is helping significantly reduce the money supply to help strengthen the overall value. It would only appear obvious that the IQD is likely spread all over in that region including neighboring countries. If a 'large majority' is drawn in from locals, neighboring countries, and so forth - a simple R/V would mean be less to pay out than before.

Its hard to trust the media, because they can not even put out consistent articles to the public... So we are limited on the informaiton to go by..

• Upvote 7

I've always doubted the media claimed figures, because 30+ trillion is a very large number...

Look... 6.38 Trillion was printed initially from De La Rue and it led to a 1:1 exchange. Out of that 6.38 Trillion, 2 Trillion was allocated to reserves. They started out exchaning old for new at 1:1, while they also exchanged Swiss at 150:1 (Swiss held a stronger value). They later on allowed the exchange of USD for IQD and soon after introduced I think the 250 note. At this point, I also think they released coinage but realized that they were basically worthless and never used, so they drew them back in. And the rough estimate of $150 million to print that, would sound feasible from what I've seen & read.

You can look at the CBI Annual Bulletin (Report) and see what they claim in circulation. It is always increasing, year after year, and generally relates to what the media claims. But, how can $150 million be funded when according to a Enoch/BIW chat that the CBI or GOI didn't even pay for it initially.

So, an article came out about how a money exchange from that country was explaining the life expectancy of the notes used over there. I've heard & read as "little" as 90 days, but I am sure some last up to 1.5 years. You have to remember, hard cash is used and handled more frequently than in the U.S. In the U.S., we use check cards, credit cards, and write checks. Over there? They handle cash, in their own environment which is much harsh than what we are accustomed to. Extreme heat, dry environment, etc play a role in the short lifespan of the notes.

If the life expectancy is short, it would be obvious they would have to continue to print & issue to replace new for old. Where do the old notes go? How much do they print each year to account for that? If you look at the CBI Annual bulletin and compare the history of overall amount printed, you will notice that it follows a pretty significant number. 3 trillion each year with one exception, 2006 or 2007 it went up by 6 trillion, but I would argue that was civil war related.

Now, they're expanding about by about 3 trillion on average (remember, 3 trillion in terms of hard cash). Interesting how that # is consistent for the most part, but does that figure include what is printed & issued to replace new for old? Obviously if what is printed and issued and later released is met by the equal amount being pulled from circulation, the money supply would not expand, right? So, what this would have to mean is that they're printing roughly 6 trillion each year to account where 50% is used to replace the soiled bills while the remaining 50% are used to expand the money supply.

6 trillion, is a rough guesstimate.. But, if it cost $150 million the first time around to print & issue, than it has been costing roughly the same each year after that... Right??

My theory was simply that the expansion of the money supply was simply what was printed & released to exchange old for new.. Makes sense, for the most part, right? But the average lopster would argue that the CBI laws state they don't hold excessive reserves.

Lets take a different view on the expansion, 6.38 Trillion to roughly 30 Trillion. This happen over a 7 year period. If you were trying to bring inflation down, why would printing more cash help reduce inflation? Too much cash chasing the same amount of goods is not a good thing, as it drives market prices up.

Continuing to look at the laws... No more than 200k IQD is allowed to cross out of the country. That is a value of $172 locals can't travel outside to use... Would anyone leave this country with only $172? But than you have to ask yourself, how did so much IQD arrive state side through banks/dealers? Obviously the CBI allowed the auctioning of their IQD. Why would they do that if they nearly knew from the beginning that they were supposedly going to R/D? In this theory, I'm going to argue the the idea of selling their IQD was like issuing stock, so to speak. The CBI / GOI built up their capital by selling their currency to foreign entitiies since they were currently restricted on how they could spend their revenue through oil sales. The CBI was the loophole method to help meet expenditures. I recall reading an article over a year ago about how this guy was interviewed and thought Shabbs was a genious for doing this.

Well, the CBI knows that all dispersed IQD is a liability and they're likely looking to draw them in. Well, some people will hold & hold & continuing holding until the value goes up. Just like a stock, why sell unless the move is significant enough to make it worth selling.

I wonder if the CBI is accepting Riyals for USD or only IQD? If so, I wonder if the black market is helping significantly reduce the money supply to help strengthen the overall value. It would only appear obvious that the IQD is likely spread all over in that region including neighboring countries. If a 'large majority' is drawn in from locals, neighboring countries, and so forth - a simple R/V would mean be less to pay out than before.

Its hard to trust the media, because they can not even put out consistent articles to the public... So we are limited on the informaiton to go by..

That was a lot of typing.

• Upvote 1

I can't wrap my head around that number....it gets bigger every year...last year it was 24 trillion. Why would the IMF allow the CBI to inflate the currency. A lobster will say Iraq needs to prove hyperinflation but the inflation rate is maintain no matter how big the paper currency numbers grow. M1 AND M2 have had substantial growth without any effect on the market prices. Now everyone agrees Shabbs is a smart man but he is not a magician. Why inject more dollars into the economy if you were looking to de-dollarize the country? They are buying back the dinar in the auctions and even if you take the GOI budget and use that as a means to inject dinar into the private sector it still don't jive with 30trillion. The numbers are being fudged IMO....

The average Iraqi has very little money and don't use normal banking methods...

The CBI has been giving loans based of ownership of land...

Iraq is a model for other countries under dictatorship. This is always been IMO how the U.S.A was planning to turn counties like Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran...etc. development of a democracy is difficult but in the end you will have opportunities to prosper and be free.

This is what I think will happen....

Iraq will print a new currency to replace the old (same as before and not complicated considering they have done this already) a rate is given to the dinar at the same time of 1-1. Iraqis are given 30-90 days to make the change before old Dinars are considered worthless. Outside countries like ours are given the same deal except we exchange to the dollar 1-1. Countries like Iran are assed out because of their inability to play nice making most Iranian people angry....boarders are locked down in Iraq and the U.S has been gaining support against Iran now over the past two years. Iran's people watch Iraq actually grow 9% (same as China) and protest start....now I don't think Ammdinajad (spelled wrong I'm sure) will go out like Gaddafi so I expect genocide to some degree before the IN gets involved....but this is IMO best case.

Now That's What I like to Hear, Great Break down and Analysis B.B.... I'm wanting to start a Non Profit so Definately wanting this to happen ASAP.... 90,000 Troops just lost their Pay Checks....

• Upvote 1

HaHa!!! Darin i believe you really enjoyed writing that reply-great job.

That was a lot of typing.

LOL right. I know my fingers are hurting just with the thought :)

LoL - I tend to get a little crazy and go overboard and post lengthy posts.

Only took me roughly 4-5 minutes to type it up, if that. :)

Great breakdown!!! I would rather talk about the upside of this all day....+++1

Now That's What I like to Hear, Great Break down and Analysis B.B.... I'm wanting to start a Non Profit so Definately wanting this to happen ASAP.... 90,000 Troops just lost their Pay Checks....

So many good people here one DV.....makes me want to do something to better our world after this is done.

Great breakdown!!! I would rather talk about the upside of this all day....+++1

So many good people here one DV.....makes me want to do something to better our world after this is done.

I would argue that something does not add up or simply make sense whatsoever.

Either the numbers are inaccurate, the way we perceive them is inaccurate them, or they are accurate.

If they are accurate, the better question is why?

Why are they accurate to the point that many trillions exist?

Is it because of a plan? Is it because they do not want anyone whatsoever buying their currency and holding for profits?

Or is it simply poor monetary policy management?

One day we will find out what the real deal is :)

Ahhh....drinking from the fountain of knowledge form Darin and BB is like imbibing the elixir of youth...it is good for the soul

.....thanks for the time to spell out the positive analysis of the news and what is between the lines while examing all angles...good stuff TY!!

• Upvote 2

Reading thorough, well thought out theories based on what we have been able to read through articles is always better than "pour packet, add sugar, add water and voila RV!" Kool-Aid that the not so wonderful gurus have been spilling out.

Thank you for the insight!

COME ON RV!

I would argue that something does not add up or simply make sense whatsoever.

Either the numbers are inaccurate, the way we perceive them is inaccurate them, or they are accurate.

If they are accurate, the better question is why?

Why are they accurate to the point that many trillions exist?

Is it because of a plan? Is it because they do not want anyone whatsoever buying their currency and holding for profits?

Or is it simply poor monetary policy management?

One day we will find out what the real deal is :)

I feel the same way Darin...just don't add up. But the most important thing at this point in the game is that people need to realize that we our on the right side of this investment. You don't want to second guess your way out of a better way of life for your family. So sit tight because for every "doom and gloom" article they show us no matter where it originated I can show you another contradicting whatever subject. I guess in the end I would rather loose all the money I have invested just to get a real answer....we can't all be wrong!

• Upvote 1

Darin and BB, thanks for your analyses. I really appreciated reading this thread. I'm trying to stay hopeful and you both at least make it seem possible -- so maybe, just maybe....

Happy Friday!!!

Kimberlye B)

Yeah...what she said! I agree wholeheartedly! Thank you BB and Darin. Some of the bests posts I've read on DV.