Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Umbertino,

You seem to spend a great deal of time making posts that are critical of America, and the Government. I realize that like many other countries, the US has it's short comings. 

For the sake of conversation though let's turn the topic of conversation to Italy.....I see you state a residency in Trento, Italy.

I am sure you have some opinions on your own country, and perhaps a few issues involving Italy because you have posted as much.....even just today....

Youth are leaving Italy............which should be a red flag imo

How is Italy doing ?

I hope we can share some information here.  I think Italy has a great deal of History and Beauty......however I think Italy has a few problems of it's own.....

So for starters.........who is this guy?  ....from what I read he may become the Italian Trump......and his background is a comedian?

Five-Star Movement leader and comedian Beppe Grillo gestures during a rally in Turin, Italy February 16, 2013. REUTERS/Giorgio Perottino/File Photo

I look forward to your response and then hope to move on to economic issues. You know your own country better than any of us......CL21

• Upvote 3

I will be very surprised and disappointed if there is no discussion here........I believe Umbertino to be honorable........and will be willing to speak up for Italy.........

my point here is that Italy has many issues.........I spent a great deal of time studying the issues my home country has.......(USA)....and take action by contacting my representatives.......as well as others.........

Perhaps Umbertino would be better to  spend time concentrating on the issues in Italy,  rather than the issues in the USA.

Italy, all by itself could take the EU down......and start the domino effect that brings the world economy to it's knees........time will tell....

I look forward to having this conversation with Umbertino........perhaps my thoughts are wrong.......?

Edited by coorslite21
  • Upvote 3

coorslite, it's my understanding that umbertino who has traveled to the United States in the past has fond memories of our country.  He does post many things about his home land and Europe, also, most of them bleak, as that is the times we live in.  I think it is the mystique of the U.S. that keeps foreigners engaged.....just as our Canadian friends seem excessively engaged in our political landscape.  All that said, I believe umbertino to also be a kind, honorable person.  He just chooses to post articles and let people make up their own minds as to cause and effect.  At this point, I think any engaging he does would be met with stiff push back from his detractors who are certainly circling this thread from the barrens.  As always, just my opinion.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

That's funny. They have a comic and we have a reality show host... What is the world coming to?

B/A

Hello B/A...Used to post  many articles about Beppe Grillo and his 5Star Movement maybe a couple of years ago here on DV....

They surely are full of contradictions themselves  starting from Mr.Grillo who  has been a TV and theater star  for decades in this Country, starting as mere entertainment first and later evolving into deep, intelligent and public interest issues ( I went to one of his shows maybe 20 years ago myself)..

Then a few years ago  he  in association with another gentleman ( who is now dead but his son went on with the work) decided to create the protest movement which was a magnet for everybody who was upset with the system here ( including myself)......But he rules the party /movement with iron fist even though he's not a member of Congress  nor Senate himself...His ways have been showing as largely un-democratic...I don't like him  and the movement anymore

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Hello B/A...Used to post  many articles about Beppe Grillo and his 5Star Movement maybe a couple of years ago here on DV....

They surely are full of contradictions themselves  starting from Mr.Grillo who was  has been a Tv and theater star  for decades in this Country, starting as mere entertainment first and later evolving into deep, intelligent and public interest issues ( I went to one of his shows maybe 20 years ago myself)..

Then a few years ago  he  in association with another gentleman ( who is now dead but his son went on with the work) decided to create the protest movement which was a magnet for everybody who was upset with the system here ( including myself)......But he rules the party /movement with iron fist even though he's not a member of Congress  nor Senate himself...His ways have been showing as largely un-democratic...I don't like him  and the movement anymore

Sounds like "another" egomaniac.

B/A

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Sounds like "another" egomaniac.

B/A

We can call him that, I guess.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/who-is-beppe-grillo-five-star-movement-italy-referendum-party-matteo-renzi-resigns-a7456106.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Star_Movement

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

coorslite, it's my understanding that umbertino who has traveled to the United States in the past has fond memories of our country.  He does post many things about his home land and Europe, also, most of them bleak, as that is the times we live in.  I think it is the mystique of the U.S. that keeps foreigners engaged.....just as our Canadian friends seem excessively engaged in our political landscape.  All that said, I believe umbertino to also be a kind, honorable person.  He just chooses to post articles and let people make up their own minds as to cause and effect.  At this point, I think any engaging he does would be met with stiff push back from his detractors who are certainly circling this thread from the barrens.  As always, just my opinion.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Shabs, ......as always I value your thoughts and I will take your shared advice on this one.

My intent was only advice....... to not throw rocks in a glass house........If you throw enough of them the house falls in on you....

I don't wish any ill will on Umbertino..........

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Shabs, ......as always I value your thoughts and I will take your shared advice on this one.

My intent was only advice....... to not throw rocks in a glass house........If you throw enough of them the house falls in on you....

And I knew that from the beginning, coors.  You, same as umbertino, have never been anything but respectful with your comments.  Much respect from me.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

I know, Coors...A plus from me....

Debating on whatever subject /issue ( even the most sensitive ones)  in respect of the other  with no personal attacks is always a fantastic thing...It's the salt of civilization...

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1