Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

TWO SOUTH FLORIDA MEN USE GUNS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM ROBBERS

Bumper64

carry_permit_AP.jpgby MARY CHASTAIN 15 Jan 2013contributor-80x100-mchastain.png

The Miami area saw two stories of armed citizens protecting themselves Monday night. A homeowner in Miami stopped his house from being robbed by shooting the intruders, killing one. Meanwhile, a gas station clerk in Hollywood, Florida used a gun to stop would-be robbers, killing one suspect.

The homeowner, only identified as a 19-year old male, called 911 when two men tried to break into his house. Shots were exchanged and one suspect died at the scene. The other managed to escape.

The robbers walked into the store, firing their guns. The clerk knew their intentions, grabbed his gun, and started to fire back.

"They were going in with the intent, that, according to the clerk, they came in firing, so they didn't know he was armed," Hollywood Police Sgt. Pablo Vanegas said. "They were coming in to do what they were gonna do."

The clerk hit one suspect, who died at the scene. The second one escaped, but was quickly caught by the police. The clerk was not injured.

Neither had time to wait for the police. They had to act right away if they wanted to survive.

My link

• Upvote 8

I am curious to know what type of weapon they used to protect themselves. It is just a question.....no need to bristle. wink.gif

I saw Dog hanging around Hydrant. laugh.gif

GO RV, then BV

Sorry, I wasn't able to find what weapon was used!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 1

I am curious to know what type of weapon they used to protect themselves. It is just a question.....no need to bristle. wink.gif

GO RV, then BV

what type of weapon they used to protect themselves.....very accurate one...on another note the gen pool just got stronger

• Upvote 2

You know what they say, the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun . biggrin.gif

Don't forget my favorite police quote, "When seconds count, we're just minutes away". I hear people say frequently that there is no need to own guns because we have the cops to protect us. The reality is that we cops are mostly reactionary in relation to these types of crimes we and can seldom be there when you need us.

• Upvote 6

Don't forget my favorite police quote, "When seconds count, we're just minutes away". I hear people say frequently that there is no need to own guns because we have the cops to protect us. The reality is that we cops are mostly reactionary in relation to these types of crimes we and can seldom be there when you need us.

Thank you for your honesty Officer and your service. +1

• Upvote 2

Don't forget my favorite police quote, "When seconds count, we're just minutes away". I hear people say frequently that there is no need to own guns because we have the cops to protect us. The reality is thataginst black we cops are mostly reactionary in relation to these types of crimes we and can seldom be there when you need us.

GREAT QUOTE and true.

Still we need to do other things to make things safer, so the clerk doesn't need to pull a gun ---- how about good paying jobs so there is less crime?

How about humane education? Ending discrimination against blacks....and so on.

Boy---these take time...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GREAT QUOTE and true.

Still we need to do other things to make things safer, so the clerk doesn't need to pull a gun ---- how about good paying jobs so there is less crime?

Boy---these take time...

Funny...I didn't hear obummer say anything about those options!

• Upvote 1

GREAT QUOTE and true.

Boy---these take time...

You want a perfect world hame. But as nice as that would be that's not the reality. So one must live in the reality that is. Maybe in time we can reach that level of humanity.But that time is not now. Its hard to call a black man brother when he`s shooting at you. It`s hard to find a man a job when he doesnt really want to work. It`s hard to educate a man when he drops out of school at 16. To reach that point you must first address each problem to solve the whole problem. But its impossible to solve any problem if your dead.

• Upvote 2

You want a perfect world hame. But as nice as that would be that's not the reality. So one must live in the reality that is. Maybe in time we can reach that level of humanity.But that time is not now. Its hard to call a black man brother when he`s shooting at you. It`s hard to find a man a job when he doesnt really want to work. It`s hard to educate a man when he drops out of school at 16. To reach that point you must first address each problem to solve the whole problem. But its impossible to solve any problem if your dead.

Gosh Dog, some of the things you write, just touch me deep, I could almost shed a tear. sad-049.gif

I read this with all sincerity from your heart. Thanks Dog

• Upvote 1

Gosh Dog, some of the things you write, just touch me deep, I could almost shed a tear. sad-049.gif

I read this with all sincerity from your heart. Thanks Dog

Why thank you patty. What a nice thing to say.

When one is truthfull to himself. The truth becomes very easy to see.

• Upvote 1

That.......was.......pathetic. You sound just like Mike Brady. Here's a (+) anyways. laugh.gif

GO RV, then BV

hahaahahhaha Hey Im trying to get in touch with my sensitive side. But take care shabs . My I will tear out your freaking eyeballs and eat them in front of you side is still there baby. smile.gif