Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For keepmwlknfny zeros article

uncirculd

that makes absolutely no sense because the CBi has said continuously that they will indeed raise the value of the dinar and talked about being at par to the us dollar how does that fit into your scenario of them doing nothing makes no sense what so ever."

Why would you believe anything the CBI says? I thought it was all smoke and mirrors.

• Upvote 1

that makes absolutely no sense because the CBi has said continuously that they will indeed raise the value of the dinar and talked about being at par to the us dollar how does that fit into your scenario of them doing nothing makes no sense what so ever.

Every single time they have mentioned raising the value of the dinar and bringing it to par with the dollar they say after the deleting of three zeros or the process of deleting of three zeros will result in. Surely by now with all the time you have spent on this site you have come to terms with what deleting three zeros is. Unless of course kaperoni has you utterly confused by the nonsense he regularly spouts off as fact in his chats. A RD will do exactly what the CBI is saying they will do. It will raise the value of the dinar and they probably will bring it in line with the dollar at the time of the RD to make the transactions easier for Iraqis to understand. You realize that a RD will bring the value of the dinar from 1166 to 1.16 to overnight right? Kind of like the imaginary RV.

Every single time they have mentioned raising the value of the dinar and bringing it to par with the dollar they say after the deleting of three zeros or the process of deleting of three zeros will result in. Surely by now with all the time you have spent on this site you have come to terms with what deleting three zeros is. Unless of course kaperoni has you utterly confused by the nonsense he regularly spouts off as fact in his chats. A RD will do exactly what the CBI is saying they will do. It will raise the value of the dinar and they probably will bring it in line with the dollar at the time of the RD to make the transactions easier for Iraqis to understand. You realize that a RD will bring the value of the dinar from 1166 to 1.16 to overnight right? Kind of like the imaginary RV.

I don't have the economic grasp that you and Keep and some others have but this is how I've always understood it to be and why I can't figure out where the arguments are coming from. Seems simple to me. I'm still hoping we can make some type of profit off of it though.

• Upvote 2

A completely new currency has to be created regardless of the direction that they go. Hence why we are still waiting for the 1/4, 1/2, 1, 5, 10,20 to show up.

So it makes more sense to create those and increase the liability of the currency by raising the rate than it does by creating all those notes and modifying the rate to be equivalent to the current rate? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense.

In regards to why they have not done it, as we are all aware the CBI has put their plan to Parliament. To this point they have yet to receive approval of Parliament to act on that plan, whichever way the plan states.

Good points - here we go - many believe the lower denoms are printed already. Yes, even if not, they will need to print more, yes. Increase liability of currency - well, that most agree here must happen sometime, otherwise they will limp along on dollars forever. Not likely. Therefore, we are talking how much liability, in circulation etc - the old song and dance that we RVers disagree with lopsters about.

still expecting a 100,000x RV any minute

End Quote

Not a moltiplication of 100,000 times of one's capital.....I think you mean a 100,000% RV or a capital multiplied roughly a thousand times ( or more than 1,000 according to some)....

I admit I was hoping that myself for awhile.....I have reconsidered now.....

Edited by umbertino

Good points - here we go - many believe the lower denoms are printed already. Yes, even if not, they will need to print more, yes. Increase liability of currency - well, that most agree here must happen sometime, otherwise they will limp along on dollars forever. Not likely. Therefore, we are talking how much liability, in circulation etc - the old song and dance that we RVers disagree with lopsters about.

Agreed, the debate will continue until something actually happens...

On that note, the biggest problem I see is that any currency that was printed in 2003 would have to be reprinted anyway. In 2003 they hadn't yet ratified their Constitution, which stipulates that the Kurdish language has to be included on such things. The current currency would likely be 'grandfathered' because it was issued before that requirement was mandated, but any new currency issued would need to meet that requirement. So it still seems to come back to, even if they had printed lower denoms back in 2003, they would basically be useless to the CBI given the changes that have happened since then.