Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Another Disappointing week?

adlon

PM: Iraqi dinar re-evaluation has to do with economic conditions

February 28, 2010 - 04:36:11

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said on Sunday that the process to re-evaluate the Iraqi dinar has to do with economic conditions that have to be strengthened.

I suppose I would have to agree with you to some point. It is not exactly what we wanted hear but we have heard some good things. Maliki in the post is saying it needs to be done. Ennorste has looked at the budget and it is his opinion (Unless he has changed his mind and I have not seen it) that the budget is based on $2.65. We know that the budget starts tomorrow, March 1st. When can you remember Maliki calling a news conference to make an announcement related to the rv. Now, who is to say that it will not happen overnight? They have a way of misleading people. Maybe it won't, maybe it will but we are more sure that it will happen than we were yesterday or the day before yesterday. We are closer than we have ever been. Hang in there.

“ ......and would give its decision soon,”

Well the article says they would decide soon..... then you post that it doesn't look like anything is going to happen soon. I fail to see your rationale. I also fail to see how this is disappointing considering news coming from the Iraqi government is spotty, at best, and here is an article right from the horse's mouth that says the Iraqi Dinar WILL grow stronger.... and a decision on how strong it will grow will come SOON. How is this disappointing?

Is the glass half full or is it half empty? You decide.

adlon.... awesome find! This is what I have been looking for. I believe the key to unraveling this mystery is in what Maliki says. I knew he would start spilling the beans before the election because he is afraid he might lose. This is just the start of what he will begin to say in the days prior to the election in my opinion. If you really read this post it spells out a definite decision that an RV is necessary and will occur, but it does not give a timetable other than they will decide soon and that Iraq's growth is on the right track. This is real. We just need to practice patience. Keywords are GROW, STRENGTHEN, AND SOON!!! Wait for it a little longer buddy but smile while you do...knowing what is to come!!!

Don't be surprised to see a redenomination first and then an RV. That would help get the Iraqi's to open up bank accounts (because of having more notes in citizens hands), get the atm machines and electronic transactions in place, and weed out the some of the in country big denom bills and some of the counterfeits. That would strengthen the banking system and lower the 80% of currency in circulation and get the people accustomed to the new commerce configurations. Some time after that they would RV. Kind of like hitting a single to set the table and then bringing in the big boy to hit a home run. That provides the strength of currency they are looking for to justify an RV in my opinion. We may have to wait until the end of the year is all. Or maybe not... just my theory.

Don't be surprised to see a redenomination first and then an RV. That would help get the Iraqi's to open up bank accounts (because of having more notes in citizens hands), get the atm machines and electronic transactions in place, and weed out the some of the in country big denom bills and some of the counterfeits. That would strengthen the banking system and lower the 80% of currency in circulation and get the people accustomed to the new commerce configurations. Some time after that they would RV. Kind of like hitting a single to set the table and then bringing in the big boy to hit a home run. That provides the strength of currency they are looking for to justify an RV in my opinion. We may have to wait until the end of the year is all. Or maybe not... just my theory.

So riddle me this - how would introducing the small denominations help if a loaf of bread costs 3000 IQD? A 50 IQD note would be worth about Four Cents... The small denoms are worthless without some type of currency movement.

PM: Iraqi dinar re-evaluation has to do with economic conditions

February 28, 2010 - 04:36:11

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said on Sunday that the process to re-evaluate the Iraqi dinar has to do with economic conditions that have to be strengthened.

“The Iraqi dinar has all the reasons to grow stronger thanks to an increase in revenues and development of the economy,” Maliki said in response to some questions through the National Information Center.

“The government would not rush matters but would rather work on finding all the guarantees to render this measure a success. The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is currently entrusted with drawing up a study on the whole issue and would give its decision soon,” said the Iraqi premier.

Does not look like anything is going to happen soon. You decide.

Original website: http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127789

I replied earlier in this thread and now i need to back up for a minute, I had said that this was the first time in a long time Iraq has said anything about a RV , OK with that being said can someone look at this again and tell me M didn't say Re Value he said Re Evaluation is there a difference here???????????

So why are you disappointed this is good new and the first time Iraq has said anything about the RV VERY GOOD NEWS , IMO

Unless he is misquoted, he said, "re-evaluate", not "revalue". Reevaluating doesn't tell us what is going to happen, and Maliki doesn't have control over the RV anyway. The IMF and CBI are in control of it.

FP