Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki trying to be a dictator???

larpay

I'm sure you've all seen this in the news... What does it mean for us and the RV? Doesn't sound good to me... They just pulled a journalist from his car and beat him with the Iraq police sitting there watching and doing nothing about it. They say their so called democratic government is falling apart already.

• Upvote 1

Are you trying to start your own rumor to see how far it flies or trying to verify one you heard by word of mouth? Just sayin...you have no link for such a bold statement. Yes...I realize you are new(ish) with posting. Yes...I realize your post is in rumors.

You need to realize that statements like that need some type of link. That's quite serious IF true, my friend. Who is "They say..." and what news are we supposed to have seen this on? I haven't turned on a tele in two days with my finals in school this week.:blink:

FYI, I have done a fairly small search for the topic using the limited info provided from you. I found nothing similar and most "violence with police present" were NOT current and in fact were from long before U.S. troops began to pull out. Hope u can help me understand it, amigo.

My position? I will not be feeding into this rumor. Iraq is much more stable than your post implies, but...pheh...there will always be rumors. Welcome to DV, larpay.B)

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 9

Like the last post said... It's no rumor unless CNN is spreading rumors. I was just wanting to know how this would effect the RV. Nothing else. Didn't want to debate if it was actually seen on the news or not. I've actually seen the same thing twice today on CNN and also saw something simular a few days ago talking about how Maliki was trying to be dictator. I'm no expert on any of this. Just wanted to know what anyone else thought about what's going on over there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are these supposed to be full coverage stories? Or are they just lil bleb's used for filler? Are they the little trailers that streak across the bottom of the screen? :blink:

The only CNN comments I found that were highlighted were from S.Smith on CNN with a group of journalists. Nothing mentioned about Iraq in it's post-edit version. This is a google searchable quote that was the only thing I found about journalist...BUT...they had nothing to do with Iraq. It was from the Arab Spring movements that Iraq, fortunately, seems to have side stepped the turmoil. Again, please, let me know what you are talking about definatively or this, I feel, is ONLY a rumor and totally ficticious slander against Iraq's actual progress.

Is it possible the broadcast was misinterpreted?:mellow:

Here was my only finding from CNN:

"These seasoned journalists shared their stories of being attacked and beaten by pro-Mubarak thugs in Egypt; of being virtually imprisoned with other journalists by Moammar Gadhafi's regime; of witnessing the fall of Tripoli; and of dealing with radiation concerns in Japan."

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

Like the last post said... It's no rumor unless CNN is spreading rumors. I was just wanting to know how this would effect the RV. Nothing else. Didn't want to debate if it was actually seen on the news or not. I've actually seen the same thing twice today on CNN and also saw something simular a few days ago talking about how Maliki was trying to be dictator. I'm no expert on any of this. Just wanted to know what anyone else thought about what's going on over there.

CNN. Nuf said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Actually it was a reported inviewing another reporter in Iraq about the government falling apart oh my god now CNN isn't good oh unless they have something positive about our investment sorry to say this worried me and I think this may hold things up longer but hey what else is new

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Actually it was a reported inviewing another reporter in Iraq about the government falling apart oh my god now CNN isn't good oh unless they have something positive about our investment sorry to say this worried me and I think this may hold things up longer but hey what else is new

'inviewing? :huh::unsure::blink: ...welcome to the ME (except for our one lonely ally)....& if you really what to be informed...stick with FOX....trust me on that ;)

• Upvote 4

Good Grief! Just watch CNN... I'm sure they'll run the same segment again. I saw a similar segment a few days ago with Alwaii saying the same things about Miliki being worse than Sedam and trying to be a dictator. Maybe CNN is screwed up but that's what they're saying...

• Upvote 2

Good Grief! Just watch CNN... I'm sure they'll run the same segment again. I saw a similar segment a few days ago with Alwaii saying the same things about Miliki being worse than Sedam and trying to be a dictator. Maybe CNN is screwed up but that's what they're saying...

"Alwaii" "Miliki" "Sedam" :unsure::blink::huh: ....never heard of them

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Actually...CNN isn't good...unless they have something positive about...investment...sorry to say this worried me and I think this may hold things up longer...

Actually, no, CNN isn't good even in that. And an obviously inconsequential report cannot effect the outcome to the degree you are worried about. Yes, my opinion.

Second, journalist interviewing another journalist in Iraqi will not be causing any delay in anything. It's gone from "They said..." to "oh, it was CNN", and now being stated as a comment from some bored journalist with no new sources to quote. sheeeeesh.

In the last several postings, my original reply has be spoon fed anything BUT confirmation. THEREFORE I still say the original statement of this thread is a line of bull dew dew.

Totally NON constructive and STILL completely without merit....even for a rumor.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Still haven't heard one opinion on what anyone thinks about what I was first interesting in finding out. Just a simple opinion from someone rather than all this proof that I should have posted that I'm not making stuff up. Guess this is more of a bashing area rather than a place to ask a question. Good luck to all of us and go RV...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are on the edge of Civil War in Iraq. How's that for an opinion. Political issues, if not handled quickly and correctly will spiral downward and a War may indeed break out. Maliki will do all he can to survive, but there is a powder keg in place, just no one has started the match yet.

My thoughts are similar to what the retired U.S. General said on Fox News at 3pm today. Let's hope Maliki can negotiate a path out of this, but things are beginning to simmer.

• Upvote 2

Still haven't heard one opinion on what anyone thinks about what I was first interesting in finding out. Just a simple opinion from someone rather than all this proof that I should have posted that I'm not making stuff up. Guess this is more of a bashing area rather than a place to ask a question. Good luck to all of us and go RV...

larpay...not bashing. Bashing would have been me giving you negs. I have not. I simply stated in my very first reply that it's a very vague yet bold statement even for rumor sections. Also that I would love to hear more about/of the "rumor" so that I can find/read for myself. Otherwise, I'm commenting on the post so other "newbs" don't think that Iraq is suddenly about to crumble because the U.S. has exited. That's all.

I tried to use the words "friend", "amigo", and "welcome" in my first post to make it very clear it was not intended as a bash.

Ok, to keep from adding insult to injury...I'll leave this topic where it is. Apologies to all if my comments seemed harsh. That wasn't my intent, folks.:tiphat:

Are these supposed to be full coverage stories? Or are they just lil bleb's used for filler? Are they the little trailers that streak across the bottom of the screen? :blink:

The only CNN comments I found that were highlighted were from S.Smith on CNN with a group of journalists. Nothing mentioned about Iraq in it's post-edit version. This is a google searchable quote that was the only thing I found about journalist...BUT...they had nothing to do with Iraq. It was from the Arab Spring movements that Iraq, fortunately, seems to have side stepped the turmoil. Again, please, let me know what you are talking about definatively or this, I feel, is ONLY a rumor and totally ficticious slander against Iraq's actual progress.

Is it possible the broadcast was misinterpreted?:mellow:

Here was my only finding from CNN:

"These seasoned journalists shared their stories of being attacked and beaten by pro-Mubarak thugs in Egypt; of being virtually imprisoned with other journalists by Moammar Gadhafi's regime; of witnessing the fall of Tripoli; and of dealing with radiation concerns in Japan."

And seriously, folks...bashing is giving negs to me for this post?!? Some folks need to get a grip and grow up.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4