Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mahmoud Othman, demanding the U.S. to honor promises to drive Iraq from Chapter VII.

k98nights

Mahmoud Othman, demanding the U.S. to honor promises to drive Iraq from Chapter VII.

07/12/2011 12:45:00

Baghdad / NINA /-- Leading member of the Kurdistan Alliance MP Mahmoud Othman, urged the American side to fulfill the last promise given by U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden, to drive Iraq from Chapter VII, before the full withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Othman said in a statement to NINA : "Iraq's sovereignty would not be complete just by U.S. troops withdrawal , but must be followed by driven out Iraq from Chapter VII, to get rid of sanctions.

He stressed that " Iraqi side to spend huge efforts to achieve this goal, especially at the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to the United States.

Iraq became since 1990 under Chapter VII that was imposed after former regime invaded Kuwait , which allowing the use of force against Iraq as a threatening factor to the international security.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called last November, Iraq to "fulfill its obligations to Kuwait, in particular Security Council resolution No. (833) concerning demarcation of border to get out of the penalty provisions of Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter ". / End

http://www.ninanews.com/English/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FJEMJK

IMO there will be no RV until Iraq has been released from chapter 7 and all its releated sanctions

Your opinion is FACT.

However, the fact that this article is being released shows Iraq understands what needs to be done. It is embarassing for Maliki (and Biden) to state "Iraq is sovereign" for it to be not.

Maliki is showing effort though. He is trying to go to Kuwait BEFORE he gets to the states. That tells me he wants this done.

This is a good article for us.

Believe me, I am as ready for Chap 7 release, RV, etc....BUT these #$#@#$ people have NO RIGHT to demand Chap 7 removal, or anything else until they get their house in order. They have been given more than ample time to get GOI complete, Implement HCL, AND settle up with Kuwait...

They b!tch and b!tch and b!tch an b!tch about us getting out, and then when we honor our commitment to withdraw our troops, they start demanding to be excused from honoring the requirements for them to become totally sovereign.

PLEASE for the good of your people and all the world (yes, including me) SHOW YOUR MENTORS how a DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT SHOULD WORK AND STOP MIMICKING THE GOVERNMENT YOU HAVE BEEN MODELED AFTER. SHOW OUR POLITICIANS HOW THESE POLITICAL DIFFERENCES CAN BE RESOLVED BY A GOVERNMENT OF BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

• Upvote 8

Believe me, I am as ready for Chap 7 release, RV, etc....BUT these #$#@#$ people have NO RIGHT to demand Chap 7 removal, or anything else until they get their house in order. They have been given more than ample time to get GOI complete, Implement HCL, AND settle up with Kuwait...

They b!tch and b!tch and b!tch an b!tch about us getting out, and then when we honor our commitment to withdraw our troops, they start demanding to be excused from honoring the requirements for them to become totally sovereign.

PLEASE for the good of your people and all the world (yes, including me) SHOW YOUR MENTORS how a DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT SHOULD WORK AND STOP MIMICKING THE GOVERNMENT YOU HAVE BEEN MODELED AFTER. SHOW OUR POLITICIANS HOW THESE POLITICAL DIFFERENCES CAN BE RESOLVED BY A GOVERNMENT OF BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

I get what you say. Its been slooooow. Only until now they want a viable currency. So lets just play it out.

Your opinion is FACT.

However, the fact that this article is being released shows Iraq understands what needs to be done. It is embarassing for Maliki (and Biden) to state "Iraq is sovereign" for it to be not.

Maliki is showing effort though. He is trying to go to Kuwait BEFORE he gets to the states. That tells me he wants this done.

This is a good article for us.

Wow redsand...almost didn't recognize you.....you've done something different with your hair, hahaha!!

• Upvote 1

wpsmit, I feel the same way you feel. Irrate. For them to "demand" anything from us is to say the least, is irritating. We are doing everything we said we would do and continue to assist them to gain grand status in the world.

But regarding this article, (gulp) the Iraqis are correct (gulp). There is a Withdrawal Agreement, and part of the agreement isfor the US to get them out of Chapter 7.

I do think you have a bunch of little putzs running around trying to make a name for themselves and their egos, as if they have control, or any input as to have the US will do. I am so glad we are, for the most part, going to out of there. They are so inept they cannot protect themselves and need us to stay, but demand we leave and demand we do this and demand we do that. They cannot put a budget together that the IMF does not have to revise, and now it is anticipated that they will not pass it until March 2012. Four months from now! Give me a break.

It seems the ME countries are successful only when run by a monarchy. This is why tribal areas do okay. But put tribes together, and pow, they blow up. And it will never, never change. They only thing that will hold Iraq together will be the huge investments that come in, and then big money will be in control of the country and not the people, just like the US. They corporations will come in and rape and pillage and then leave Iraq in a pile of dust and camel feathers. The corruption and graft has just begun.

Pardon me. I don't know why I got off on a rant so early in the morning.....but I feel a little better. Thanks!

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

wpsmit, I feel the same way you feel. Irrate. For them to "demand" anything from us is to say the least, is irritating. We are doing everything we said we would do and continue to assist them to gain grand status in the world.

But regarding this article, (gulp) the Iraqis are correct (gulp). There is a Withdrawal Agreement, and part of the agreement isfor the US to get them out of Chapter 7.

I do think you have a bunch of little putzs running around trying to make a name for themselves and their egos, as if they have control, or any input as to have the US will do. I am so glad we are, for the most part, going to out of there. They are so inept they cannot protect themselves and need us to stay, but demand we leave and demand we do this and demand we do that. They cannot put a budget together that the IMF does not have to revise, and now it is anticipated that they will not pass it until March 2012. Four months from now! Give me a break.

It seems the ME countries are successful only when run by a monarchy. This is why tribal areas do okay. But put tribes together, and pow, they blow up. And it will never, never change. They only thing that will hold Iraq together will be the huge investments that come in, and then big money will be in control of the country and not the people, just like the US. They corporations will come in and rape and pillage and then leave Iraq in a pile of dust and camel feathers. The corruption and graft has just begun.

Pardon me. I don't know why I got off on a rant so early in the morning.....but I feel a little better. Thanks!

Well said Carrello

But I think that was just an economist opinion to the 2012 budget approval delayed to March 2012, the new RV numbers would need to be inserted so it may just be voted on this week and released upon announcement of RV, just a thought, nothong to base MO on tho but logic.

Well said Carrello

But I think that was just an economist opinion to the 2012 budget approval delayed to March 2012, the new RV numbers would need to be inserted so it may just be voted on this week and released upon announcement of RV, just a thought, nothong to base MO on tho but logic.

I agree with you. But can they at least get organized with a PR team for an event of this size? He is making a stupid statement depicting his own government as incompetent as the world watches and the IMF whinces.

Your logic is viable and correct, I believe, and Excel macros can do wonders on spreadsheets in a matter of seconds. I think somebody knows the new rate and has a budget to reflect it. Four months? I don't think so.

My thought is that is not really the words that are said, but the message that comes across. It seems they need to be in control, everything is their idea, they are making demands, and it is a form of defiance. They are like jack asses. Tell them what to do and they dig their heels in.

I think I will be heading to Las Vegas today and start the party early. Call my room at the Bellagio and I will buy you dinner. Everybody is invited! I will be the one in the party hat.

• Upvote 1

Carello

Didnt I read somewhere yesterday that you posted that Chptr 7 was a done deal and that these articles didnt mean anything?

Sorry If I am incorrect about that but Im sure I read that you said HCL and Chptr 7 are DONE.

Im not sure where or why you felt that but I think you said it. If not, you can correct me! ;)

I agree with you. But can they at least get organized with a PR team for an event of this size? He is making a stupid statement depicting his own government as incompetent as the world watches and the IMF whinces.

Your logic is viable and correct, I believe, and Excel macros can do wonders on spreadsheets in a matter of seconds. I think somebody knows the new rate and has a budget to reflect it. Four months? I don't think so.

My thought is that is not really the words that are said, but the message that comes across. It seems they need to be in control, everything is their idea, they are making demands, and it is a form of defiance. They are like jack asses. Tell them what to do and they dig their heels in.

I think I will be heading to Las Vegas today and start the party early. Call my room at the Bellagio and I will buy you dinner. Everybody is invited! I will be the one in the party hat.

I'm sending our luggage there, can you hold it in your big suite, we'll be there soon.

Edited by Stryker365

Sorry to get your day off on a rant, Carello. I'm normally fairly calm, responsible, and realistic - that's why I love DV. Adam's realistic view of this circus.

But I just had to get that off of my chest this morning. I just don't think they should be making demands until they get it all together (if ever possible). They will be in the world catbird seat soon enough, if they can keep their stuff together.

AHHHHH, I feel much better and

RV,RV,RV!

Carello

Didnt I read somewhere yesterday that you posted that Chptr 7 was a done deal and that these articles didnt mean anything?

Sorry If I am incorrect about that but Im sure I read that you said HCL and Chptr 7 are DONE.

Im not sure where or why you felt that but I think you said it. If not, you can correct me! ;)

It is my opinion that Chapter 7 is all wrapped and we are seeing the formalities prior to the official release. I believe I said we are seeing the formalities, PR, and photo ops. You do not get to this point without knowing what the outcome will be. I do not believe President Obama would be meeting with Maliki, nor would Maliki come to the States, unless it was a done deal. I believe, at this point, that we are seeing script play out.

I did not say that HCL was complete, although I think it could very likely be done. This is too huge and the participants do not want anything to go wrong, lest they look incompetent. There is not a politician alive that wants that. They have special egos. I have worked with politicians and political consultants. All of them want to look like they are in control and have all the answers. Very few want to go into a high level meeting without knowing what the outcome will be. And in our case, everybody wants pretty much the same thing.

I do not know that anything is done. It is just my opinion. I hope I did not sound like a know-it-all. It was not my intention because I don't know squat.

Cheers!

I see that.

by the way the first sign that Maliki is heading to Kuwait will be the dead giveaway, IMO

He may go there and straight to Washington, just a thought..

I like the way you think Stryker. Slingshot to DC.

I'm sending our luggage there, can you hold it in your big suite, we'll be there soon.

I think I will get you the penthouse suite for the family and six kids. Any pets?

It is my opinion that Chapter 7 is all wrapped and we are seeing the formalities prior to the official release. I believe I said we are seeing the formalities, PR, and photo ops. You do not get to this point without knowing what the outcome will be. I do not believe President Obama would be meeting with Maliki, nor would Maliki come to the States, unless it was a done deal. I believe, at this point, that we are seeing script play out.

I did not say that HCL was complete, although I think it could very likely be done. This is too huge and the participants do not want anything to go wrong, lest they look incompetent. There is not a politician alive that wants that. They have special egos. I have worked with politicians and political consultants. All of them want to look like they are in control and have all the answers. Very few want to go into a high level meeting without knowing what the outcome will be. And in our case, everybody wants pretty much the same thing.

I do not know that anything is done. It is just my opinion. I hope I did not sound like a know-it-all. It was not my intention because I don't know squat.

Cheers!

I like the way you think Stryker. Slingshot to DC.

I think I will get you the penthouse suite for the family and six kids. Any pets?

I can't agree with you more Carrello on both Chapter VII and HCL, I'll add my 2 dinars worth in on the HCL for what that's worth. About a month ago Kurdistan dedication visit to Baghdad with Maliki all agreed to have 3 independent committees formed to work out all the problems on the HCL, Article 140 and Erbil. It took not even a full day for all 3 to hand a finial reports to Maliki, which he has not disclosed to the media...........now whats in these reports?........IMO its what Carrello is talking about.....an agreement on all 3 and its all about show and timing now.

Kuwait..............DC.............................Viva Las Vegas baby!!!

Carrello the penthouse will be great...............for us to host a big RV party in.......no kids allowed. lol

Edited by Stryker365