Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deletion of 000's vs. RV???

DinarintheAZDesert

I'm fairly new to this Dinar thing and though I own a decent amount, I'm not in it so far that if it doesn't RV I'm screwed. Anyway, so much crap is posted I'm not sure what is what. I've seen posts about Iraq supposedly making a $25K note worth "no more than $23 USD". If I'm not mistaken, if that does occur, does that make my Dinar worth about as much as I paid for it, which in turn means my "investment" isn't worth squat? Also, if they "remove the 3 zero's" from a $25K note, does that make this bill worth $25, or are they taking the .00086, removing the 0's, which in turn makes this note worth $21,500 USD? (.86 x 25,000 = $21,500).

Can somebody, not a so called "guru" fill me in on this? I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm also not completely stupid and what I mean by that is all of these guru's have absolutely no clue and the ol "tomorrow, I mean the next day, I mean the day after that" is so lame it's almost funny.

Peace out and Happy Holidays to all (even the "guru's).

Thanks - Dinar in the AZ Desert

• Upvote 2

Hello DITAZD, and welcome. Unfortunately, there are no simple answers to your questions... and it has been a highly debatable topic, especially within the last year. You will even find very recent threads about this. Your post will probably turn into one! With that, try reading through the LOP Section of the Forums and you will find loads of information to get you up to speed. We ALL are wondering your very same thoughts... so, you are not alone! All the best to you, and all! :)

No one knows that they will remove the 000 from the notes or from the exchange rate. If they remove it from the notes they could make the 25k note equal to their new 25note, but realistically no one knows how this will play out. My only safe opinion is they might be a little too deep to LOP this. So in theory if they want to remove the 000 from the 25k note they would do what we did with the 1000 notes; give those people 10 of the 100notes.

It also could be removing the exchange rate. If you dig and research Kuwait and Turkey you will be well rounded and understand each circumstance is different and no two countries can be compared to the T.

No one knows that they will remove the 000 from the notes or from the exchange rate. If they remove it from the notes they could make the 25k note equal to their new 25note, but realistically no one knows how this will play out. My only safe opinion is they might be a little too deep to LOP this. So in theory if they want to remove the 000 from the 25k note they would do what we did with the 1000 notes; give those people 10 of the 100notes.

It also could be removing the exchange rate. If you dig and research Kuwait and Turkey you will be well rounded and understand each circumstance is different and no two countries can be compared to the T.

What the US did has absolutely ziltch to do with the situation Iraq is in. We never had 30 trillion dollars in circulation. We never carried around 25,000 dollar notes to buy food with. If Iraq gave each Iraqi 1000 of the new 25 notes for each of their 25,000 notes then they had better have the printing machine smoking because they will need over a trillion notes or more. In my safe opinion that will never happen. Besides, why would Iraq give 1000 new 25 notes that are worth 25 USD each for one note worth 25 USD? That makes no sense whatsoever. I still fail to see how so many believe that an overnight RV to 1.00 is even possible. Its not. It has never happened and it never will because it is a complete fairy tale. Maybe a slow move up to .01 if they dont do the most logical thing first which is a redenomination just like the majority of countries in their position have done in the past.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Iraq can't support a 1 to 1 RV right now especially with over 40 Trillion ID in circulation. It must LOP the 3 zeros off of the ID. At that point we break even on the LOP. Then they can RV once the money supply is reduced from 40 Trillion to 40 Billion ID. Then they can RV 1 to 1. Investors can see up to 1,000 times their investment. Hold on...Hang on...the ID will float against the Dollar gaining more strength allowing it to go from 1 to 1 to 3 to 1 in a few years. That could be 3,000 times your ID investment. Hopefully we will be allowed 2 years to cash in to take full advantage of the US$3 to 1 ID. After that point, the old ID notes will be removed from circulation.

• Upvote 3

Iraq can't support a 1 to 1 RV right now especially with over 40 Trillion ID in circulation. It must LOP the 3 zeros off of the ID. At that point we break even on the LOP. Then they can RV once the money supply is reduced from 40 Trillion to 40 Billion ID. Then they can RV 1 to 1. Investors can see up to 1,000 times their investment. Hold on...Hang on...the ID will float against the Dollar gaining more strength allowing it to go from 1 to 1 to 3 to 1 in a few years. That could be 3,000 times your ID investment. Hopefully we will be allowed 2 years to cash in to take full advantage of the US$3 to 1 ID. After that point, the old ID notes will be removed from circulation.

I agree to a point, no one knows how much money they have in circulation. If the auctions have been truly taking dinar off the streets & out of circulation it's possible. But if not , then Luigi is right... Either way you still make money, just not as much..

What the US did has absolutely ziltch to do with the situation Iraq is in. We never had 30 trillion dollars in circulation. We never carried around 25,000 dollar notes to buy food with. If Iraq gave each Iraqi 1000 of the new 25 notes for each of their 25,000 notes then they had better have the printing machine smoking because they will need over a trillion notes or more. In my safe opinion that will never happen. Besides, why would Iraq give 1000 new 25 notes that are worth 25 USD each for one note worth 25 USD? That makes no sense whatsoever. I still fail to see how so many believe that an overnight RV to 1.00 is even possible. Its not. It has never happened and it never will because it is a complete fairy tale. Maybe a slow move up to .01 if they dont do the most logical thing first which is a redenomination just like the majority of countries in their position have done in the past.

Correct...and good to see you posting

I agree to a point, no one knows how much money they have in circulation. If the auctions have been truly taking dinar off the streets & out of circulation it's possible. But if not , then Luigi is right... Either way you still make money, just not as much..

So do you believe the audited financials of the CBI or is there a giant conspiracy to cover how much they really have in circulation so they can revalue and make a bunch of foreigners overnight millionaires?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Correct...and good to see you posting

So do you believe the audited financials of the CBI or is there a giant conspiracy to cover how much they really have in circulation so they can revalue and make a bunch of foreigners overnight millionaires?

I believe there are a lot of smoking mirrors & we don't know how much money the CBI has in there vaults, but I don't believe, they are going to revalue at a big number and make a trillion people millionaires. Kuwait has 3 times the reserves, and 3 times less in circulation,, my biggest question to myself is, why they haven't already deleted the 3 zeros if that's truly what they intend to do. Unless they do both, delete three zeros and Rv to $1.00 at the same time..but this does not help the Iraq people... Audited financials of CBI, I just have to wait & see. Not big on conspiracy theories. Sorry. But I agree with you as well JMW, I looked at money supply yesterday after your post back to me & this is what I found.. Way too much money in circulation to support a big RV.. I would love to see a .10 cents, but I think I'm dreaming..

• Upvote 1

In reading the preceeding post there are many good ideas. I have always believed in known facts.

What was the cost to print the NID? According to State Dept. Publications back in 2006 it was $400 Million dollars that was withdrawn from the DFI .

27 (747's) delivered the New Dinar to the Central Banks. 235 tons of lower Denoms were also delivered. State Dept publications.

The 25K notes and 10K notes were primarily to be used as bank to bank transactions and for current (Then) reserve requirements.

Note: The original exchange (program rate was at 4000 to 1. Which would require a large amt of Dinar..

as we all know the current rate is 1170 to 1. Quite a substanial increase in value.

Lopping of zeros historicly has been a tool to control extreme inflation; Which in short definition is a drastic reduction of value of money.

not the situation currently in Iraq. Dinar was appreciated by over 40%.

The total amount of Dinar printed and delivered is still in the Central Banks, and what is out in speculation is a drop in the bucket..so to speak.

It would be very confusing to an under-educated citizen in Iraq to play like there are no Zero's on a bil ( if in the event he would even have one)

logic would be that in the event a deletion of zeros were to take place.. it would be off the rate. would be easier to calculate in banks, on the street, and in exchange

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

In reading the preceeding post there are many good ideas. I have always believed in known facts.

What was the cost to print the NID? According to State Dept. Publications back in 2006 it was $400 Million dollars that was withdrawn from the DFI .

27 (747's) delivered the New Dinar to the Central Banks. 235 tons of lower Denoms were also delivered. State Dept publications.

The 25K notes and 10K notes were primarily to be used as bank to bank transactions and for current (Then) reserve requirements.

Note: The original exchange (program rate was at 4000 to 1. Which would require a large amt of Dinar..

as we all know the current rate is 1170 to 1. Quite a substanial increase in value.

Lopping of zeros historicly has been a tool to control extreme inflation; Which in short definition is a drastic reduction of value of money.

not the situation currently in Iraq. Dinar was appreciated by over 40%.

The total amount of Dinar printed and delivered is still in the Central Banks, and what is out in speculation is a drop in the bucket..so to speak.

It would be very confusing to an under-educated citizen in Iraq to play like there are no Zero's on a bil ( if in the event he would even have one)

logic would be that in the event a deletion of zeros were to take place.. it would be off the rate. would be easier to calculate in banks, on the street, and in exchange

I hope your right, my question is how much currency is in CBI's vault, one thing for sure... I think we will all know soon.. We are very close to the end of this ride...

I'm fairly new to this Dinar thing and though I own a decent amount, I'm not in it so far that if it doesn't RV I'm screwed. Anyway, so much crap is posted I'm not sure what is what. I've seen posts about Iraq supposedly making a $25K note worth "no more than $23 USD". If I'm not mistaken, if that does occur, does that make my Dinar worth about as much as I paid for it, which in turn means my "investment" isn't worth squat? Also, if they "remove the 3 zero's" from a $25K note, does that make this bill worth $25, or are they taking the .00086, removing the 0's, which in turn makes this note worth $21,500 USD? (.86 x 25,000 = $21,500).

Can somebody, not a so called "guru" fill me in on this? I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm also not completely stupid and what I mean by that is all of these guru's have absolutely no clue and the ol "tomorrow, I mean the next day, I mean the day after that" is so lame it's almost funny.

To answer your question factually, this plan to delete the zeros by the CBI will in fact replace the entire current series of banknotes.....

Your 25k note (worth 23 USD) will in fact be equal to (1) new 25 dinar note but that new 25 dinar note will now be equal to 23 USD. So it is a neutral revenue event.....no one loses anything, no one gains anything. The 000s are being taken off the currency, but as a equal reaction to that, the zeros will also end up coming off the exchange rate too.....it basically just evens everything out......the only downside to this is if Iraq will even allow the exchange of the old bills outside the country. Sometimes during periods of redenominations (also known as a lop around these forums) the country will close its borders to anyone outside the country stilll holding the currency and those people ARE screwed.....

So I guess the only good news that would come of this deleting the zeros is that we might not lose all our money because a RV will follow the redenomination, but we wont make nearly what we all have been hoping for....

This plan to delete the zeros has been placed in front of parliament to be voted on....not sure when, but its coming....the only person we have on our side is Maliki and his govt because they actually have shown alot of opposition to this plan and they do have the power to kick it down and force the CBI to come up with another way to raise the value of the dinar.....

Maliki is on our side.....Shabibi wants to lop...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

To answer your question factually, this plan to delete the zeros by the CBI will in fact replace the entire current series of banknotes.....

Your 25k note (worth 23 USD) will in fact be equal to (1) new 25 dinar note but that new 25 dinar note will now be equal to 23 USD. So it is a neutral revenue event.....no one loses anything, no one gains anything. The 000s are being taken off the currency, but as a equal reaction to that, the zeros will also end up coming off the exchange rate too.....it basically just evens everything out......the only downside to this is if Iraq will even allow the exchange of the old bills outside the country. Sometimes during periods of redenominations (also known as a lop around these forums) the country will close its borders to anyone outside the country stilll holding the currency and those people ARE screwed.....

So I guess the only good news that would come of this deleting the zeros is that we might not lose all our money because a RV will follow the redenomination, but we wont make nearly what we all have been hoping for....

This plan to delete the zeros has been placed in front of parliament to be voted on....not sure when, but its coming....the only person we have on our side is Maliki and his govt because they actually have shown alot of opposition to this plan and they do have the power to kick it down and force the CBI to come up with another way to raise the value of the dinar.....

I hate this & I know this is not what you want either, keep... But this has been my main fear is being locked out of the country & it has happened before.. Just staying in a holding pattern & waiting.. I'm giving this thing till the end of January....

I hate this & I know this is not what you want either, keep... But this has been my main fear is being locked out of the country & it has happened before.. Just staying in a holding pattern & waiting.. I'm giving this thing till the end of January....

Yep!! Which is why Im checking into getting a Warka account......no exchange fees and if they do happen to close borders, my dinar would still be safe and valid....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Wow..a holding pattern "till the end of January"....not much time to go....the majority of the members here have been holding their Dinars for years...I understand you gotta do what you gotta do...look no one wants to be "locked out of the country", which I feel is the only way we won't benefit from this speculation....and if you truly intend to sell....I suggest that you do so this month, prior to year-end....so at least you'll be able take the tax loss this year and not have to wait another year.

I agree with Keep, Maliki is our man...he represents the people....& I believe he understands the implications a Lop/RD would have at this time...Shabibi means well but his current plan simply is just an easy way out....the people will go nuts...this is a new era for this country....they need the peoples support at least in the earlier stages.....that's why they should RV first to gain the trust of the people and then screw them later with the Lop/RD.

• Upvote 1

Prepare for a 3x ROI. And best case scenario do not expect more than a .10 RV. (25k note =$2,500) even that's pushing it IMO. The $1, $2, $3, $5, $7, $11+ RV's were made up by pumpers and gurus years ago so people would invest. There is no evidence to support any of their claims. As you can probably already see, these people are habitual outlandish liars. All we can base our speculation on is sound economics, simple math, and what has happened with other countries in similar situations. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 4

Wow..a holding pattern "till the end of January"....not much time to go....the majority of the members here have been holding their Dinars for years...I understand you gotta do what you gotta do...look no one wants to be "locked out of the country", which I feel is the only way we won't benefit from this speculation....and if you truly intend to sell....I suggest that you do so this month, prior to year-end....so at least you'll be able take the tax loss this year and not have to wait another year.

I agree with Keep, Maliki is our man...he represents the people....& I believe he understands the implications a Lop/RD would have at this time...Shabibi means well but his current plan simply is just an easy way out....the people will go nuts...this is a new era for this country....they need the peoples support at least in the earlier stages.....that's why they should RV first to gain the trust of the people and then screw them later with the Lop/RD.

You crack me up :D :D, great answer to this investment... I've been holding my dinar for over 4 years.. I like the warka bank account idea, keep.. Gotsix, I hope they RV first , then screw their people later with a lop/rd... :D :D

• Upvote 1

You crack me up :D :D, great answer to this investment... I've been holding my dinar for over 4 years.. I like the warka bank account idea, keep.. Gotsix, I hope they RV first , then screw their people later with a lop/rd... :D :D

So based on your reponse...it appears that you'll continue to ride this wave of uncertainty....Good for you!!!! or perhaps I've misinterpreted & you'll still be cashing out????????? & as far as a Warka account...that's like handing over your money to your wife.....good luck.....because you will no longer have access to those monies (lol)

Edited by GotSix
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am surprised to hear this issue is still up for debate. It is obvious the "removal of the three zeros" refers to the EXCHANGE RATE.

You need not be a currency expert to understand the simple logic. Think about it...currently, an Iraqi must carry large amounts of cash to transact business on even a grocery store level. This problem has been addressed by the Iraqi government many times via many news articles. If the three zeros were in fact referring to the actual currency notes, the average Iraqi would have to carry around ONE THOUSAND TIMES more notes that they presently carry to purchase the same goods and services.

Explain to me why the Iraqi government would many millions of dollars worth of Dinar to reprint a currency to WORSEN their cash-handling problem? That just doesn't make sense.

Therefore, for that reason alone the "removal of the three zeros" must refer to the exchange rate.

Edited by emsdadtimbo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I am surprised to hear this issue is still up for debate. It is obvious the "removal of the three zeros" refers to the EXCHANGE RATE.

You need not be a currency expert to understand the simple logic. Think about it...currently, an Iraqi must carry large amounts of cash to transact business on even a grocery store level. This problem has been addressed by the Iraqi government many times via many news articles. If the three zeros were in fact referring to the actual currency notes, the average Iraqi would have to carry around ONE THOUSAND TIMES more notes that they presently carry to purchase the same goods and services.

Explain to me why the Iraqi government would many millions of dollars worth of Dinar to reprint a currency to WORSEN their cash-handling problem? That just doesn't make sense.

Therefore, for that reason alone the "removal of the three zeros" must refer to the exchange rate.

What you fail to mention is that the cash problem wouldnt be worse if they are talking about taking the zeros off the currency....

When they end up exchanging their big bill for a smaller new bill, the new bill would carry a higher value (exchange rate wise) and also will carry more purchasing power in the markets...what used to cost 10k dinar, will now only be 10 new dinar (if your still inside the exchange in period then you can also still buy that for 10k if you have the old currency)

But the removal of the zeros can allow for and lead to a RV that would put it on par with the USD.....its referred to as a neutral revenue event....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Keepem is correct...it isn't just off of the exchange rate it is replacing old currency with new currency...they new currency has less zeros on them but a higher exchange rate...ie 25k IQD note worth $25 US dollars...will be equal to a new 25 NIQD note that is also equal to $25 US dollars...so instead of carrying are 25K notes they will carry around 25 notes.

Haha... So we have read over one hundred articles out of Iraq saying they are getting ready to make their currency worth 1000 times what it is now? OK. It may seem obvious to you that this is what they are saying but I assure you it isn't. We all hear Turkey mentioned constantly and for good reason. Iraq is saying they plan a redenomination the same as Turkeys but we need to look no further that Venezuela for a better comparison. The argument is old about how Turkey isn't rich with oil like Iraq is. Well, Venezuela is and they performed a redenomination to erase effects of past hyperinflation. If you read up on Venezuelas RD then you will soon realize that it is exactly what Iraq is saying almost on a daily basis that they plan to do. No where in any of these articles has Iraq even hinted to removing zeros from the exchange rate even though the new currency that they have said one hundred times they plan to introduce will have an exchange rate minus the three zeros the current currency has.

You misunderstand how redenominations work. That is the reason you believe Iraqis will have to carry 1000 times more cash. Get the current currency out of your mind. It will become obsolete. The new currency introduced will have 3 less zeros on the bills and 3 less zeros on the exchange rate. It will carry its own exchange rate and the old currency will retain its rate until it is either removed from circulation or deemed worthless. This way the old and the new currency will be worth the same. Old IQD 25,000=23.80 USD New IQD 25=23.80 USD. It's really that simple. Really it is me that is surprised to still see this issue still up for debate.

• Upvote 3

jkkfk

Haha... So we have read over one hundred articles out of Iraq saying they are getting ready to make their currency worth 1000 times what it is now? OK. It may seem obvious to you that this is what they are saying but I assure you it isn't. We all hear Turkey mentioned constantly and for good reason. Iraq is saying they plan a redenomination the same as Turkeys but we need to look no further that Venezuela for a better comparison. The argument is old about how Turkey isn't rich with oil like Iraq is. Well, Venezuela is and they performed a redenomination to erase effects of past hyperinflation. If you read up on Venezuelas RD then you will soon realize that it is exactly what Iraq is saying almost on a daily basis that they plan to do. No where in any of these articles has Iraq even hinted to removing zeros from the exchange rate even though the new currency that they have said one hundred times they plan to introduce will have an exchange rate minus the three zeros the current currency has.

You misunderstand how redenominations work. That is the reason you believe Iraqis will have to carry 1000 times more cash. Get the current currency out of your mind. It will become obsolete. The new currency introduced will have 3 less zeros on the bills and 3 less zeros on the exchange rate. It will carry its own exchange rate and the old currency will retain its rate until it is either removed from circulation or deemed worthless. This way the old and the new currency will be worth the same. Old IQD 25,000=23.80 USD New IQD 25=23.80 USD. It's really that simple. Really it is me that is surprised to still see this issue still up for debate.

Funny....just the other day....I forgot who...said they were happy that you're back....oh yeah...now I remember.....it was one of your sorortiy sisters....and why don't you just drop the letters "nar" from your name...it defines you...and as you stated if "it's really that simple" then you tell us why this "issue is still up for debate " between the CBI & GOI...exactly because it's not that "simple"....

Edited by GotSix
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Funny....just the other day....I forgot who...said they were happy that you're back....oh yeah...now I remember.....it was one of your sorortiy sisters....and why don't you just drop the letters "nar" from your name...it defines you...and as you stated if "it's really that simple" then you tell us why this "issue is still up for debate " between the CBI & GOI...exactly because it's not that "simple"....

Obviously a major move like a currency redenomination for a country will be debated in that countries government in detail. Is that what we were talking about? No. I simply responded to the person who said that it was obvious that Iraq is talking about taking the zeros off the exchange rate only by easily pointing out that they are not. Why are you bent out of shape about it? Did I say something that was untrue or call someone names like you just did to me? No. I think my post was perfectly respectful unlike yours. Why is it that many who cant win a debate on such a simple topic resort to name calling? I guess anyone who doesnt believe in overnight millionarism must be what you called me huh? Try pointing out where I am wrong instead of whining. Thanks.

• Upvote 3

Don't know where you came from; I wish the mods would drop all the letters in your name. You are very disrespect full & calling people names & cutting everyone down is not acceptable on this site.. Good luck..

• Upvote 3