Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Need some advise from our DV members

Bumper64

Bump, I, too, am a retired RN. My son has gout so bad in his big toes at times that he cannot walk or wear shoes. He spends about $30.00 at GNC and buys Black cherry concentrate tablets (250 mg) and Cherry juice concentrate. At night before bed he makes a strong drink out of the concentrate and takes about 15 to 20 of the tablets. He repeats in the morning and that completely cures the problem. I know it sounds like a lot but you cannot OD on cherries. He says it is the best $30.00 he ever spends. Good luck to you. Gout is so painful.

• Upvote 1

The gin and raisins works great. As a previous poster said, the trick is finding the correct number of raisins for your ht/wt. To little or to much is not good. The 9 raisins is a good average. The apple cider vinegar is a great solution as well. I take Naproxen 500 mg daily and have for years. Works for inflammation and pain. I take 2 a day. 180 every 90 days from Walmart costs $10.00

• Upvote 2

I got this from the Dr Oz site.

Method: Put raisins in a bowl and pour in enough gin to cover the raisins. Allow the gin to evaporate, which should take about 1 week. Place the moist raisins in a sealed jar and eat about 9 a day.

Verdict: It works! Drinking alcohol has been shown to cut the risks of developing rheumatoid arthritis in half. Gin is flavored by the juniper berry, which contains anti-inflammatory properties. Raisins contain ferulic acid, gentisic acid, and salicylic acid -- all natural pain relievers.

USE GOLDEN RAISINS NOT THE BROWN ONES....IT'S VERY SIMILAR TO AN OLD NATIVE AMERICAN REMEDY USING FERMENTED JUNIPER BERRIES = GIN Hope it helps my friend :)

PS Lady Eagle uses 8 per day !

• Upvote 1

www.earthclinic.com is an excellent site for home remedies (including gout) and I too have used the Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs Oganic Vinegar with Mothers) and it works. What has worked best for me is from www.goutcure.com where they have 100% natural 500mg capsules along with a probiotic formula to be taken together. Depending on the severity of the attack you can expect solid relief in 24 to 48 hrs. Each attack has advanced farther every time and more painful it seems but so far this natural medication has worked so I suggest giving it a try. Whatever you do, don't use store bought pasturized vinegar as it is basically useless. Organic vinegar is much easier to swallow and really good for many ailments. Fresh cherries are also good for gout. Please give this a try as it will ease the suffering faster than anything else I know of. After 5 attacks in a little over 2 yrs this has worked wonders for me.

• Upvote 1

Bumper64, if you don't have medical insurance then you should use a free rx card that I give to people. Just print it and use it, you can save up to 75% off of your meds and pet meds. You can save up to 60% off of any lab and imaging work too.

Print the card from here or I can mail you a 14pt card stock business card style version.

Read about it and and click "Print Card".

http://www.freenationalrxcard.net/freerxcards/

How to use:

1. Print.

2. Show to pharmacists at places like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc...

3. Save up to 75% instantly at the counter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thank you for the website, is this mostly for generics or name brand meds?

• Upvote 1

Detox yourself. A colon cleanse will help in a lot of ways. Toxins are built up in your system.....may not get rid of the gout, but it will help ease the inflammation-which will lesson the pain. Works great for my arthritis/lupus symptoms, and will help your body flush things better.

Good luck and sorry for your pain. emot-hug.gif

• Upvote 1

I am actually developing an all natural site. If you go to http://clevercures.com/gout-cures-and-remedies.html you can get free advice on natural remedies for gout. If you scroll to bottom of page you will find 4 more articles and videos that have more remedies. Hope it helps.

Enjoyed (and bookmarked) your site tinies. Going to go back and read more when I have time. Thanks!

:wub: Hi pink piggy piggy! :wub:

• Upvote 1

You are more likely to have gout if you:

• Have family members with the disease
  • Are a man
  • Are overweight
  • Drink too much alcohol
  • Eat too many foods rich in purines
  • Have an enzyme defect that makes it hard for the body to break down purines
  • Are exposed to lead in the environment
  • Have had an organ transplant
  • Use some medicines such as diuretics, aspirin, cyclosporine, or levodopa
  • Take the vitamin niacin.

I found the above website and noticed the above statement. If you have lead in your system it may help to undergo Chelation to eliminate it from your system. I have read that Vitamin C is good for that, but you may also want to look into the Chelation as well. Here's a good website for that: Gordan Research Institute.

I am really praying you find a solution for this.

-

• Upvote 1