Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Exposed value of the Iraqi Dinar

Aqua Dude

Great post. Ive always said a 1 to 1 is what we will get at least to ease transactions and they have stated multiple times they want the dinar up to par with the USD.

I agree Easy. It's my thought that the IQD will RV at 1 to 1 and gradually increase if Iraq can actually get their country back on it's feet., as we all hope.

In any event, if the RV does comes out 1 to 1 I plan to cash out, pay my taxes and move on.

Peace out guys!

Ski

i cant lie...but iraqis don't hold saddam dinar anymore....just saying

whats your point???

my point did include the old notes but did not emphasize important of these notes....

im just stating EXACTLY what IS in the plan

1 NID = 6000 ID = 1 USD

it says that in the plan.....

the point THEY are trying to push is that 1 NID is equal to 6000 saddam notes (back when they were being exchanged) and will also be equal to 1 USD (when the RV happens)

can i be any more clear?

i mean, can the PLAN be any more clear?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

whats your point???

my point did include the old notes but did not emphasize important of these notes....

im just stating EXACTLY what IS in the plan

1 NID = 6000 ID = 1 USD

it says that in the plan.....

the point THEY are trying to push is that 1 NID is equal to 6000 saddam notes (back when they were being exchanged) and will also be equal to 1 USD (when the RV happens)

can i be any more clear?

i mean, can the PLAN be any more clear?

You are very clear that you didnt know that the saddam notes were exchanged 1 to 1 with the NID....thats about the only thing you are being clear on. So it looks like the plan, isent much of a plan cause its not happening the way it was planned.....Like I was trying to explain to you is that the equation in this plan is not valid....So how can we be sure that this is the "exposed value of the dinar"?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are very clear that you didnt know that the saddam notes were exchanged 1 to 1 with the NID....thats about the only thing you are being clear on. So it looks like the plan, isent much of a plan cause its not happening the way it was planned.....Like I was trying to explain to you is that the equation in this plan is not valid....So how can we be sure that this is the "exposed value of the dinar"?

how about instead of making claims, show your proof that a 1 to 1 exchange happened with the saddam notes and the new dinars that we hold today

links please

Thanks for all the honest and NON BASHING Opinions. We are all entilted to our own.

HURRY RV,

Yes Christmas is coming, however the TAX man has already come and left me a Present, but not in the form of a Gift did he give me, It was AN IOU that I am to Repay to him.

Just remember

The Process of eventuality will always come to pass. Patb

how about instead of making claims, show your proof that a 1 to 1 exchange happened with the saddam notes and the new dinars that we hold today

links please

http://www.exchangerate.com/iraq_currency_exchange.html

That was just the first of many that popped up.....there are more articles. Just use google....it can be your friend in regards to finding information....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It may have been a plan...but it isn't a plan they followed...they exchanged new IQD for old Saddam notes at 1 to 1 one.....they NEVER had a 6000 to 1 exchange....not sure why people are even arguing that they did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.exchangerate.com/iraq_currency_exchange.html

That was just the first of many that popped up.....there are more articles. Just use google....it can be your friend in regards to finding information....

Disclaimer at the bottom of the page of the most creible source on the internet you could quote me

Content, information, data, material, services, or products comprising this web-site may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission from ExchangeRate.com Inc.. The information supplied by this web-site is believed to be accurate, but ExchangeRate.com Inc. does not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Users are always advised to verify information with their financial and accounting advisors or with the appropriate government agencies before relying on any such information. Information contained in this web-site is intended for your personal, non-commercial use. All other uses are expressly unauthorized and prohibited to the maximum extent allowed by law.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you mean Aqua??

Thats the whole point that I brought up from the get go....that the ID is saddam notes, and the NID is what we hold now which is why the equation he based his post off of doesnt make any sense and cant be considered valid.

No. The equation was: "1 NID = 6000 ID = 1 USD." You simply ignore the 6000 ID part, because we do not hold those.

just found this on the CBI

"2003 - Today

Following the deposition of Saddam Hussein in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Iraqi Governing Council and the Office for Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance began printing more Saddam dinar notes as a stopgap measure to maintain the money supply until new currency could be introduced.

The Banking Law was issued September 19, 2003. The law brings Iraq’s legal framework for banking in line with international standards, and seeks to promote confidence in the banking system by establishing a safe, sound, competitive and accessible banking system.

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed using modern anti-forgery techniques, to "create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives. Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar.

"

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=History

so looks like we were both wrong and you were partially right, possibly if you weren't talking about old swiss notes

• Upvote 2

"2003 - Today

Following the deposition of Saddam Hussein in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Iraqi Governing Council and the Office for Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance began printing more Saddam dinar notes as a stopgap measure to maintain the money supply until new currency could be introduced.

The Banking Law was issued September 19, 2003. The law brings Iraq’s legal framework for banking in line with international standards, and seeks to promote confidence in the banking system by establishing a safe, sound, competitive and accessible banking system.

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed using modern anti-forgery techniques, to "create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives. Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar.

"

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=History

so looks like we were both wrong and you were partially right, possibly if you weren't talking about old swiss notes

Something curious is happening here and maybe someone can enlighten me as to why.

First let me say I'm not interested in taking sides in the debate,however,in my opinion, a gross injustice has occured..

Aquadude posts a link to an old pre-war plan,states his interpretation and, in effect, claims anyone who doesn't agree is brainless...

For this he gets 67 positives..

Keep apparently disagrees and the battle is on....Keep for his efforts gets few,if any positives..

4 pages later Aqua admits to being wrong [kudos are warranted}...so far there has been no gloating on Keeps part...{temporary kudos just in case}

What am I missing here?

• Upvote 3

Hi Canuk! Know how I am always bragging that my boss lives 100 miles away, which is why I have wayyyy too much time on my hands for this?? She came in today, so I HAD to talk to her!! Nah, I love her. We had fun! Anyway......been gone for a few hours.......What did I miss?? :lol::wave:

Well, she was bound to come in sooner or later! It wasn't the same without you today! :)

"2003 - Today

"

http://www.cbi.iq/in...php?pid=History

I mentioned it to you a couple times....you would of had to read the entire comment to see it.....

"Wow.....this must be breaking news to everyone in Iraq then and it seems everyone took advantage of the CBI during the last exchange cause it was supposed to be exchanged 6000 to 1 but yet everyone got the old exchanged at a 1 to 1 ratio (except for swiss dinar). "

• Upvote 1

Well, she was bound to come in sooner or later! It wasn't the same without you today! :)

:lol: posted that yesterday, but we got to chatting so much yesterday she got nothing done and had to come back today!! Shouldn't see her again til..............Saturday!! She didn't have "time" to deal with some stuff she wanted to bring home with her, so I get to bring it to her. Gotta pick up hubby at the airport anyway, so not a big deal. Now watch, I'll see her alllllll the time. Way to jinx myself!!

Just one of the points Ive been trying to get across to him as nicely as I can.....

i have to agree with you here keep.

also, as much of a lopster I AM NOT....aqua dude saddam dinars are just pieces of paper now...no iraqi is carrying them as a means for currency.

• Upvote 1

To start with I am expecting a rate of .10 cents but would be completely overjoyed at anything above that.

I believe the longer term goal of a 1-1 value may be possible but will not be the initial announcement. There seems to be alot that needs to happen before that kind of value can be supported.

The value of a currency to some extent is effected by world confidence in the currency. Confidence is to a great extent effected by the long term security of the established gov't. Or at least the perceived stability of the country and its gov't.

At this time there is still some changes that need occur to help build world confidence in Iraq. New gov't with so much fighting and bickering among the leaders. Corruption being exposed. Many think Malaki is just waiting for his chance to become a dictator. Lack of confidence in Iraq's security after US forces leave. Ect....

I do believe in this investment and am heavily invested. But I am trying to look at this as realistic as possible as with any investment.

The fact is we all hope for the best but I am not basing all my plans and future on an outrageous RV. Actually even a .10 Rv is quite a return on any investment.

Don't neg me for being transparent here guys but this is just how I see it. This is all my humble opinion of course.

None of us really know how this will play out until it happens.

Until then GP hoping for the best!

• Upvote 2

in time it will be. just because they want a one to one, FOR EASIER TRANSACTIONS, really isn't a good reason, if your economy cannot handle that high of an exchange then it won't happen. i agree with Adam, i think 10 to 30 cents in the beginning, with a cash in window of 30-90 days. just my humble opinion.

But where does Adam base this on? Did he ever say? There is no rational basis for 0,10$.

I think Adam says this because he doesn't want to oversell.

To start with I am expecting a rate of .10 cents but would be completely overjoyed at anything above that.

I believe the longer term goal of a 1-1 value may be possible but will not be the initial announcement. There seems to be alot that needs to happen before that kind of value can be supported.

The value of a currency to some extent is effected by world confidence in the currency. Confidence is to a great extent effected by the long term security of the established gov't. Or at least the perceived stability of the country and its gov't.

At this time there is still some changes that need occur to help build world confidence in Iraq. New gov't with so much fighting and bickering among the leaders. Corruption being exposed. Many think Malaki is just waiting for his chance to become a dictator. Lack of confidence in Iraq's security after US forces leave. Ect....

I do believe in this investment and am heavily invested. But I am trying to look at this as realistic as possible as with any investment.

The fact is we all hope for the best but I am not basing all my plans and future on an outrageous RV. Actually even a .10 Rv is quite a return on any investment.

Don't neg me for being transparent here guys but this is just how I see it. This is all my humble opinion of course.

None of us really know how this will play out until it happens.

Until then GP hoping for the best!

No bashing here....nicely put! We all are expecting a big return but the confidence in the dinar and their country as a whole will play a big part in its value and how high or fast it can get there.

• Upvote 2

But where does Adam base this on? Did he ever say? There is no rational basis for 0,10$.

I think Adam says this because he doesn't want to oversell.

Adam actually gave a cryptic indication the value could be as high as $.20.

The CBI says they can back the current exchange rate 110%, which would yield a rate of 1053:1.

That gives a fairly broad range to guess from.

great post---I have always felt that it would have to Rv higher than a dollar mainly becuase the Iraqi people don't trust thier own currency so they use the dollar and the quickist way to get them to use the dinar would be to appeal to thier greed so they would use it==higher value now ,also remember that the Plan states AT LEAST A 1-1 and that was planned out many years ago---when oil was cheap, oil is much more expensive now compared to then ,not counting thier other resources so I am inclined to believe it is going to come out higher like you said it is there in Black ans white just have to see where things settle out at--- hopefully soon!

capt cliff