Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank of Iraq to retract from the process of deletion of zeros

BondLady

I'm trying to get the timing right based on the tennis match here - 3 zero.. not 3 zeros ... I think Shabibi just knocked the ball out of the desert... I'm thinking within the week we will see a change. JMO :)

Yah, with this Maliki/Shabibi arguement....there is nothing that can't happen now, while i still think a RV that is two high and isn't back by reserves is bad for the iraqi people...I can't rule out a RV overnight simply being put in place out of spite or a RD overnight for the same reason

Yah, with this Maliki/Shabibi arguement....there is nothing that can't happen now, while i still think a RV that is two high and isn't back by reserves is bad for the iraqi people...I can't rule out a RV overnight simply being put in place out of spite or a RD overnight for the same reason

Factors Affecting Currency Value:

You have hit on the best possible outcome.

Shabibi announce a RV $3.22 plus, retire, and move to a neutral country with no extradition agreements.

He inherited the basics of the plan in 2007, it 's roots go back as far as 2003, by some accounts.

If they have waited 8 years for conditions to be correct to execute the plan that has clearly been their intentions all along, and are blocked; why not blow it up and give Maliki something to manage with his new found dictatorship.

Iraq would be in receivership to all dinar holders who weren't able to redeem prior to the CBI declaring bankruptcy in Iraq's behalf.

They would be pumping oil until all the wells ran dry to make up the 90+ trillion dollar liability caused by that last great act of defiance.

All we would have to do is be first in line, before Iraq's credibility was destroyed and their currency not accepted anywhere.

But, all Maliki would have to do is nationalize the banks, declare the currency null and void, then have new currency printed with his picture.

I guess the question to be answered is would the US, if they have any influence in the matter, allow Iraq to RV and go into bankruptcy, or would they continue to support the RD plan that at least gives Iraq a fighting chance..

As long as I am first in line, RV sounds good to me; let me gas up my Flying Pig so I can get there first ;)

I am not disagreeing with you at all; all are possibilities.

Then again, Maliki can continue drawing troops to the Baghdad and attempt the Military Coup some are concerned about...

if they do delete three zeros off the currency .. the zeros come off the rates as well .. from .00086......to .86...your lower denomins will be devided by 1000 just like every other currency .. eletronically your total amount of dinars will be devided by 1000.. but worth .86 cents .. no change in the value you had before or after ... if you had 10000 dollars worth of dinars before deletion ... thats what you have after removing 3 zeros .. 10,000 worth of new dinars its that simple ........ they could add a rv to it at 4 dollars and you could end up with 40,000 at the end ....not to bad of a return ... we hope they are stupid and give us 4 million dollars back for 10000 dollars... but im not sure they will do that .. if they do ...yes we will all be estatically goofy for some time a 50 dinar note will be like this >>>> .050//// instead of 50... or 5 one hundreths of a dinar ..... didnt fall into paying 3 to 7 times what dinars are currently worth .. brietling kinda pushed that ... opening warka accounts ect .

You contradicted your ownself. If, according to you, if you have 10,000 electronic dinar pre rv then they remove the zeros you will have 10 dinar post rv according to your theory. You will not have 10000 thousand dinar therefore you will not make 40,000 dollars but 40 dollars at a 4:1 rate.

No i think we will get "Face Value" at lower RV rate to draw in the 000 notes..Then raise it in 6 months when the new notes are released and dead line to turn in old ones has ended. Even though they said that both will be out at the same time...But that is IMO.

i hope so, so we can actually profit. this actually could be the case

You have hit on the best possible outcome.

Shabibi announce a RV $3.22 plus, retire, and move to a neutral country with no extradition agreements.

He inherited the basics of the plan in 2007, it 's roots go back as far as 2003, by some accounts.

If they have waited 8 years for conditions to be correct to execute the plan that has clearly been their intentions all along, and are blocked; why not blow it up and give Maliki something to manage with his new found dictatorship.

Iraq would be in receivership to all dinar holders who weren't able to redeem prior to the CBI declaring bankruptcy in Iraq's behalf.

They would be pumping oil until all the wells ran dry to make up the 90+ trillion dollar liability caused by that last great act of defiance.

All we would have to do is be first in line, before Iraq's credibility was destroyed and their currency not accepted anywhere.

But, all Maliki would have to do is nationalize the banks, declare the currency null and void, then have new currency printed with his picture.

I guess the question to be answered is would the US, if they have any influence in the matter, allow Iraq to RV and go into bankruptcy, or would they continue to support the RD plan that at least gives Iraq a fighting chance..

As long as I am first in line, RV sounds good to me; let me gas up my Flying Pig so I can get there first ;)

I am not disagreeing with you at all; all are possibilities.

Then again, Maliki can continue drawing troops to the Baghdad and attempt the Military Coup some are concerned about...

I don't know but it sounds to me like Maliki does not want to do anything right now. No RV, no RD if you know where he has really pushed for RV I would be interested in it. Otherwise he wants the show to remain in town and it is all reruns. IMO

I don't know but it sounds to me like Maliki does not want to do anything right now. No RV, no RD if you know where he has really pushed for RV I would be interested in it. Otherwise he wants the show to remain in town and it is all reruns. IMO

I would completely back that assessment.

I don't believe he will do anything to improve the lives of the Iraqi citizens, for fear it would weaken his power.

The article was mistranslated, the title should read :" THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ WAS NOT TO RETRACT FROM PLAN TO DELETE ZEROS".

People please be careful when translating.

GO RV!!! :)

I see it the same way.

They are digging in, and will fall back on established law; while countering incorrect assumptions, and seeking a legal end to the slander from Maliki's ex-spurts...

It will come down to brinkmanship, with Shabibi having the legal edge, but possibly giving ground to save the government from dissolving.

I believe, further, that there is a better than average chance that Maliki will attempt to Nationalize the CBI, before this is over.

Please continue to add your views from being able to translate from the original material.

The article was mistranslated, the title should read :" THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ WAS NOT TO RETRACT FROM PLAN TO DELETE ZEROS".

People please be careful when translating.

GO RV!!! :)

your right, but i wont change a article just to say what i think it should mean lol, now i will post a article and then break it down, but i wont corupt a article even if it ..in this case would make it more transparent , this is the title of the article, and i agree with u, but if some one starts changing things then the article becomes a falsehood, basically like currency newshound does, they change headers an put different things in the articles or messes with the links, i just wont do that, im sorry if u felt misled by the article, i did say on the 1st page i believe what it had ment tho, again i apoligise if it gave u a scare, have a great day, BL

• Upvote 1