Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sonny1 drive by chat on rd/lop 8/29/11 10:15am

kcw

[sonny1] ghost town?

[catwood55] yo sonny1

[kcw] sonny1 yep

[kcw] sonny1 very quiet today

[sonny1] so whats up with you all?

[kcw] sonny1 it is interesting that there has been a lot of talk in the news about their currency and monitary policy

[sonny1] i was reassured again by my guy at the kheleez times that there will be no bunny-ear-rd

[sonny1] kcw yes, everyday, atleast it gives us something

[gakman] sonny1 Good nes on the bunny ear! Thxs

[gakman] news^

[sonny1] this whole thing, and all the dinar sites are turning into a sad joke.

[gakman] sonny1 All the BS right?

[sonny1] these lopster are kinda ruining the whole experience

[sonny1] it was fun, til you get these guys who over sell there point

[gakman] sonny1 Do you have an opinion on the Malike Allawi stuation, will these 2 ever agree to form a full Govt.?

[kcw] sonny1 yep and I just think NO one knows it's all speculation but the lopsters and rd'ers talk as IF they KNOW

[sonny1] its like, i know you think its going to l o p, so go away now, i dont need an hour read on your l o p points, its sooo sad

[kcw] sonny1 or the same post on every news article

[sonny1] gakman they will never agree, one of them has to go away

[gakman] sonny1 Yep

[gakman] Sept through December should be interesting!

[sonny1] kcw i know, its like.... ok gtjunkie125467 i know what you think, sell your dinar and buy a dog

[kcw] sonny1 yep

[sonny1] if i see another 6 hour read by dinark on why were all idiots, i might jump of the golden gate bridge...

[sonny1] thats why i dont come on any more, i have found 3-4 article stating they were rv'ing not rd'ing

[sonny1] gakman i think right after ramadan, we should see some movement, only if the hcl news comes true. imo

[gakman] sonny1 I just wonder if these different factions cannot agree on a Security Minister, how are they going to agree on the allocation of future oil profits? Some outside influence will have to "urge" them!!

[sonny1] gakman if the hcl news is true, like in the passing of it article, i would have to believe that someone stepped in and helped them on it

[sonny1] desimo hey

[gakman] sonny1 Oh by the way, thanks for stoppng by. Always a pleasure to read your posts, insights and opinions!!

[desimo] morning sonny1...always nice seeing you around

[sonny1] gakman thank you, i dont post anymore, it used to be fun, but it aint that fun anymore, to many people thinking there right

[VIZIOIRAQI] He added that the "delay the project to delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency is very wrong and should speed up the process to delete the zeros for the advancement of the economic reality of Iraq Read more: http://dinarvets.com/for ••• WQSHmsW4

[sonny1] nice article, when they say delay, that means full speed ahead

[Dinarkicker] tap tap tap ok RD people here you go someone to talk RD vs RI/RV

[RDP_62] Dinarkicker

[sonny1] desimo my hearts not into it anymore, i do think 100% it will happen, i just cant do this computer thing anymore a on a daily basis

[desimo] understand

[sonny1] who wants to talk rd?

[Pat H] sonny1 Still, it is a treat when you drop in. Just ignore the idiots.

[sonny1] Pat H its not the idiots. lol. because anyone who comes on here to argue that it wont happen (though there on here) shows me that they need a dog-girlfriend-pack of life savers-a friend, they dont bother me so much, as the sure bordem of this whole thing.

[sonny1] later all.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

Nice! HAhahahah... I dig it! ;)

Good post with names of the lemmings to boot...but are we sure we know what a re-denomination is?

Perhaps one of them will show up on this post and explain it all again to us, for the 2000th time.

After all, we can never understand the knowledge they have acquired...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good post with names of the lemmings to boot...but are we sure we know what a re-denomination is?

Perhaps one of them will show up on this post and explain it all again to us, for the 2000th time.

After all, we can never understand the knowledge they have acquired...

They're like a really bad hang-over that WON'T quit... no matter how many xanex you take :unsure:

GO RV!! (now please)

[sonny1] these lopster are kinda ruining the whole experience

[sonny1] it was fun, til you get these guys who over sell there point

[kcw] sonny1 yep and I just think NO one knows it's all speculation but the lopsters and rd'ers talk as IF they KNOW

[sonny1] its like, i know you think its going to l o p, so go away now, i dont need an hour read on your l o p points, its sooo sad

[kcw] sonny1 or the same post on every news article

[sonny1] gakman they will never agree, one of them has to go away

[gakman] sonny1 Yep

[sonny1] thats why i dont come on any more, i have found 3-4 article stating they were rv'ing not rd'ing

does this remind you of anyone.....

Wait.... just wait for it... I can hear their exoskeletons clicking there way to this post.

Ahhh... there here....

They just despise Sonny1 and will rip him to shreds with their claws again! They'd do the same to Adam if they didn't fear being booted.

Edited by TFK
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone ever question why they have an abundance of the articles in the media.. Bet they do for good reason, and I bet it isn't to say they're going to R/D (LoP).... But, it doesn't confirm or deny a R/D, but I am pretty sure most of the citizens understand by now that their money won't lose value. Wonder why they spend so much time saying that.. Hmmm...... Did something similar happen w/ the UAE or Qatar? At least the dollarization exists to keep the economy flowing.

Sonny1, care to indulge on what your M.E. guy informed you?? I think that is what the majority wish to know more about....

Think of some quotes we've read in the media from people like "M" or other officials....

".... The IQD is the most stable currency in the region..."

".... We are looking to strengthen the IQD..."

"....We are looking to bring back the previous value of the IQD..."

Almost seems like a P.R. -- like they're lobbying or selling themselves for a different purpose in mind. (Not in regards to..... getting more IQD sold to speculators, but... )

See if anyone picks up what I am trying to say..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Does anyone ever question why they have an abundance of the articles in the media.. Bet they do for good reason, and I bet it isn't to say they're going to R/D (LoP).... But, it doesn't confirm or deny a R/D, but I am pretty sure most of the citizens understand by now that their money won't lose value. Wonder why they spend so much time saying that.. Hmmm...... Did something similar happen w/ the UAE or Qatar? At least the dollarization exists to keep the economy flowing.

Sonny1, care to indulge on what your M.E. guy informed you?? I think that is what the majority wish to know more about....

Think of some quotes we've read in the media from people like "M" or other officials....

Almost seems like a P.R. -- like they're lobbying or selling themselves for a different purpose in mind. (Not in regards to..... getting more IQD sold to speculators, but... )

The other day you mentioned it seems as if they are spreading their currency around as opposed to bringing it in, and that is not including "little ol us". If it RV's somehow they are going to profit? :blink:

The other day you mentioned it seems as if they are spreading their currency around as opposed to bringing it in, and that is not including "little ol us". If it RV's somehow they are going to profit? :blink:

Many theories can be based upon that concept....

Here is an example of a fearful event. Nicaruaga did a re-denomination where they only allowed 3-days for the currency to be exchanged. All bills not exchanged were deemed invalid, leaving the central bank the ability to profit. They likely just adjusted the rate with the new currency. They did a 1000:1 exchange for example, and if only 1/2 what they were liable against was drawn in, they likely doubled the value.

I think it was N.Korea that did a removal of 2-zeros. The process did not work as planned, and they had to revert back to their old monetary policy.

Spread it out, also means it may take awhile to return back to the CBI. Gives the CBI a chance to prepare & adjust as necessary prior to being repsonsible to exchange.

.. And I think I could come up with more speculative theories... But the general concept does make a person "wonder."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Truly, truly.... I'm with ya Darin.

I do look at it as a PR campaign though. They are touting their currency (as you stated) not to get more IQD sold but, I believe that they also want us speculators to invest in Iraq. Money flows both ways and soon we'll see the dam break.

Always enjoy and glean from your posts.

Thanks again.

And thanks to Sonny1

Edited by Dinar_o'saurs

Many theories can be based upon that concept....

Here is an example of a fearful event. Nicaruaga did a re-denomination where they only allowed 3-days for the currency to be exchanged. All bills not exchanged were deemed invalid, leaving the central bank the ability to profit. They likely just adjusted the rate with the new currency. They did a 1000:1 exchange for example, and if only 1/2 what they were liable against was drawn in, they likely doubled the value.

I think it was N.Korea that did a removal of 2-zeros. The process did not work as planned, and they had to revert back to their old monetary policy.

Spread it out, also means it may take awhile to return back to the CBI. Gives the CBI a chance to prepare & adjust as necessary prior to being repsonsible to exchange.

.. And I think I could come up with more speculative theories... But the general concept does make a person "wonder."

I don't know a hell of alot on how banking goes, so don't laugh when I put this out there. This is just a thought of how they might profit. Speculators, banks whomever buy the dinar at the price it is at, then we will say it RV's at higher currency rate. Everyone or some cash in, CBI exchanges it, wouldn't they profit in the loss in the long run?

I don't know a hell of alot on how banking goes, so don't laugh when I put this out there. This is just a thought of how they might profit. Speculators, banks whomever buy the dinar at the price it is at, then we will say it RV's at higher currency rate. Everyone or some cash in, CBI exchanges it, wouldn't they profit in the loss in the long run?

Banks profit from the spread. Its basically a fee for doing the exchange. However, they can't just state a rate and cash everyone in. They have more out there than they can afford to exchange if it comes in.

Will they be exchanging some? Of course... Also, the more frequency of exchanges, the more profit the CBI would make. Also, if exchanges were frequent, they spread would decrease (likely).

But, the CBI has expanded their money supply.. They've expanded their money supply from drawing in liquid assets to back their currency. What are liquid-assets? Basically anything that can be easily converted and or used as payments. (i.e., USD, Euros, Francs, Golds, SDRs)....

So, when the CBI takes in USD, they can print or issue more IQD. (Or strengthen the value....)

So, think of this: (As it is a possibility) If the IQD goes internationally traded (off the NCC list)

A foreign central bank pulls in X amount of IQD @ $1... They can than allocate the IQD to their foreign cash reserves and in exchange issue their domestic currency. They could allow increasing their own money supply because they have IQD to help back the value. Now, not all foreign central banks may incur IQD, so in an attempt to diversify foreign exchange reserves, they sell with other banks for anything they have an abundance of, like USD.

The foreign economies win, because, they stimulated their own economy.

The CBI wins, because they deferred having to exchange out what their liable against.

Speculative holders win, because a higher rate can be sustained.

Why defer? Allows the GOI & CBI to help the region grown & prosper.

They may "one day" have to pay against their liabilities.. But it would never happen all at once..

Hence "the IQD we hold may never see their country again.."

Just another thought to add to the overall process. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Banks profit from the spread. Its basically a fee for doing the exchange. However, they can't just state a rate and cash everyone in. They have more out there than they can afford to exchange if it comes in.

Will they be exchanging some? Of course... Also, the more frequency of exchanges, the more profit the CBI would make. Also, if exchanges were frequent, they spread would decrease (likely).

But, the CBI has expanded their money supply.. They've expanded their money supply from drawing in liquid assets to back their currency. What are liquid-assets? Basically anything that can be easily converted and or used as payments. (i.e., USD, Euros, Francs, Golds, SDRs)....

So, when the CBI takes in USD, they can print or issue more IQD. (Or strengthen the value....)

So, think of this: (As it is a possibility) If the IQD goes internationally traded (off the NCC list)

A foreign central bank pulls in X amount of IQD @ $1... They can than allocate the IQD to their foreign cash reserves and in exchange issue their domestic currency. They could allow increasing their own money supply because they have IQD to help back the value. Now, not all foreign central banks may incur IQD, so in an attempt to diversify foreign exchange reserves, they sell with other banks for anything they have an abundance of, like USD.

The foreign economies win, because, they stimulated their own economy.

The CBI wins, because they deferred having to exchange out what their liable against.

Speculative holders win, because a higher rate can be sustained.

Why defer? Allows the GOI & CBI to help the region grown & prosper.

They may "one day" have to pay against their liabilities.. But it would never happen all at once..

Hence "the IQD we hold may never see their country again.."

Just another thought to add to the overall process. :)

Hmmmm....so this scenario would be an almost overnight win-win right?

Hmmmm....so this scenario would be an almost overnight win-win right?

Not necessarily....

It is just a "potential possibility."

If a foreign central bank had no trust in the IQD - they may look to exchanged for different tradeable currencies.

A good portion could still land up on the doorstep fo the CBI...

I guess it depends on the rate, in reality.

Too high, and it'll land up on their doorstep again.

Too low, speculation may drive up the value.

And they would still have to consider it a liability.

The US is on the hook for trillions of USD - just it may never be a day that comes to pass that the USD notes get called in. Unless some country took us over (LoL)

• Upvote 1