Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Yahoo Finance

optomistic1

I posted last Thursday screen shots of the IQD and VND changes on yahoo finance. This "glitch" happens Sunday through Thursday from 6:03pm to 6:35pm cst. I am no pumper and do not possess the time or patience to be a guru. Today I confimed this on my two P.C.'s running separate internet connections as well as on my Iphone and Ipad. This happens everyday. In my experinece this is the most dependable "glitch" I have ever delt with. The word Glitch is defined as "A minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem". The problem is often sudden and follows no defined pattern. I have been following this for over three weeks now, if you do not believe me simply get on yahoo finance tomorrow at 6:00cst and click on currency investing and add currency IQD=GBP and see for yourself. I dont make predictions or post dates, all I do is watch the numbers.

post-39624-131397102404_thumb.png

• Upvote 6

I posted last Thursday screen shots of the IQD and VND changes on yahoo finance. This "glitch" happens Sunday through Thursday from 6:03pm to 6:35pm cst. I am no pumper and do not possess the time or patience to be a guru. Today I confimed this on my two P.C.'s running separate internet connections as well as on my Iphone and Ipad. This happens everyday. In my experinece this is the most dependable "glitch" I have ever delt with. The word Glitch is defined as "A minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem". The problem is often sudden and follows no defined pattern. I have been following this for over three weeks now, if you do not believe me simply get on yahoo finance tomorrow at 6:00cst and click on currency investing and add currency IQD=GBP and see for yourself. I dont make predictions or post dates, all I do is watch the numbers.

Thanks OPTOMISTIC1.

I'm a numbers guy too, and I like what you have uncovered. Obviously, something is amiss here, whether anyone else believes it or not. Keep up the good work, but try not to put in so many long hours on this one if you can. You've proved your point, to me at least.

Yesterday's reply from Yahoo.

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Finance.

Before I go into addressing your concern, I'd like to apologize for the

delay in my responding to your inquiry. We are committed to answering

your questions as quickly and accurately as possible.

I understand you have contacted us several times regarding the quality

of data for our currency rate data on Yahoo! Finance. I sincerely

apologize. We had hoped to resolve this for you in a more timely manner.

Unfortunately, we do not have a public contact method for this data

provider. Currently, we have no further updates as to when it will be

resolved. However, our Production Team is aware and is continuing to

work towards a resolution.

I appreciate your patience, and again, I apologize for all the trouble

and frustration inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Finance.

Regards,

Vincent

Finance E2Y

Yahoo! Customer Care

I know I have read this at least once on here so sorry if redundant, but is anyone there that could show me how to figure a value in dollars by converting the dinar value the "glitch" shows to the ask price they quote to the GBP? It is the "ask" price you use, right? Then you convert the GBP to a dollar? So sorry, this seems as s backwards and it confuses me......which numbers to use.....the ask or the bid (which is I think the same as buy?)

Yesterday's reply from Yahoo.

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Finance.

Before I go into addressing your concern, I'd like to apologize for the

delay in my responding to your inquiry. We are committed to answering

your questions as quickly and accurately as possible.

I understand you have contacted us several times regarding the quality

of data for our currency rate data on Yahoo! Finance. I sincerely

apologize. We had hoped to resolve this for you in a more timely manner.

Unfortunately, we do not have a public contact method for this data

provider. Currently, we have no further updates as to when it will be

resolved. However, our Production Team is aware and is continuing to

work towards a resolution.

I appreciate your patience, and again, I apologize for all the trouble

and frustration inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Finance.

Regards,

Vincent

Finance E2Y

Yahoo! Customer Care

So Yahoo doesn't have control over the Rates they are getting for the Dinar! Someone's testing!!!

-

Thanks OPTOMISTIC1.

I'm a numbers guy too, and I like what you have uncovered. Obviously, something is amiss here, whether anyone else believes it or not. Keep up the good work, but try not to put in so many long hours on this one if you can. You've proved your point, to me at least.

Attaboy

You are correct, they are just conversion calcualators.

If we could cash in for british pounds it would have happened by now.

This is a curiosity right now, there have been no answers.

It is odd that of all the currencies to malfunction, it happens to be the two getting all of the rv hype....

It is odd that of all the currencies to malfunction, it happens to be the two getting all of the rv hype....

It is, as far as we know. They are 2 that are the most followed and most noticeable to us.

If it is only those, gotta wonder if yahoo may be trying to get more hits with this "annomoly" we are seeing. I would not put it past them. Yahoo is known for trying to collect as much information as they can. I rufuse to use anything from them and am careful not to allow anything yahoo to be loaded onto my computer.

If it were true, we would know it. This would make it possible to cash out dinar for pounds and then convert it to usd. That is if it were tradeable.

If this were true would you cash in for that guarenteed nickel or gamble for more?

Lol no that's not what I was saying if I were to open a forex account with a broker, I would go with vnd it seems to be going higher with the glitch I would take .29 gbp that way but still hold my physical currency. See what I'm sayin just a little supplement before the rv.

There is no dispute over what is being seen, I have seen it myself. I think it is a set of circumstances outside the normal parameters. It would not be normal to have currencies with such low values. the pairs would normally be the other way round to give a higher number, much more reliable in the calculations.

In computers, numbers can be in different formats and this is probably floating point notation. I think the circumstances are leading to a miscalculation regarding the position of the decimal point.

Next time you see it check the numbers in each case. When I saw it the numbers were the same only the decimal had moved.

Lol no that's not what I was saying if I were to open a forex account with a broker, I would go with vnd it seems to be going higher with the glitch I would take .29 gbp that way but still hold my physical currency. See what I'm sayin just a little supplement before the rv.

The broker I use, only offers a subset of the currency pairs that are quoted and I think you will find this is quite common for personal accounts. You cannot just open an account and trade any currency you want.

There is no dispute over what is being seen, I have seen it myself. I think it is a set of circumstances outside the normal parameters. It would not be normal to have currencies with such low values. the pairs would normally be the other way round to give a higher number, much more reliable in the calculations.

In computers, numbers can be in different formats and this is probably floating point notation. I think the circumstances are leading to a miscalculation regarding the position of the decimal point.

Next time you see it check the numbers in each case. When I saw it the numbers were the same only the decimal had moved.

The broker I use, only offers a subset of the currency pairs that are quoted and I think you will find this is quite common for personal accounts. You cannot just open an account and trade any currency you want.

Okay see I have never used a broker or done forex trading for that matter, the brokerage firm I was thinking about going with if I were to try it has an automated system that will sell your currency at or above your asking price within milliseconds. I am just looking for info here whether you think it would work or not, the gentleman I spoke to said gbp/vnd was a tradeable pair through them?

Okay see I have never used a broker or done forex trading for that matter, the brokerage firm I was thinking about going with if I were to try it has an automated system that will sell your currency at or above your asking price within milliseconds. I am just looking for info here whether you think it would work or not, the gentleman I spoke to said gbp/vnd was a tradeable pair through them?

Not quite sure what you are describing here, sounds a bit like some special service.

In normal trading you would buy or sell a pair. Assume the GBP/USD @ 1.65. You expect the dollar to strengthen, rate to go down. You would initiate a 'sell' trade of one 'lot'. In doing so you sell one currency and buy the other. You are proved right and the rate drops to 1.64 and you decide to close the trade. This will automatically buy the currency you intially sold and sell the currency you bought to balance the trade. Say your 'lot' size was 10 thousand, you will have made a profit of 10k x 0.01, around a hundred dollars.

This is just a simple outline so not sure how your selling currency fits in. Good luck if it can work for you.

You are quite right to say GBP/VND. All the Yahoo stories refer to VND/GBP and IQD/GBP and I think that way round the value is too low for reliable calculations.

regards