Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US holding dinar for profit??

keepmwlknfny

We in South FLA are getting ready for a HURRICANE...

Keep, as always you make a good point. But like you stated it isnt proof positive.

GURUs must be making some profit to spend the time they do. Or those who dont are just great people who have nothing better to do. LOL

I myself am tired of this site and the false intel etc. I dont know why you keep on keeping on. But hey more power to you. I have learned a lot myself in the last year.

I always feel badly for the NEWBIE. Having rushed out to buy more from BS here.

I hope this thing doesnt take more YEARS as it already has. It is extreemly frustrating!

Be Well...

PEACE

(ohhh and sorry for the last post going duplicates of 4... DAM HANG UP of computer or something)...

Buckle down and stay safe....hoping it turns away cause now I am back on the east coast and apparently in the projected path as well but I know it will be worse down there!

As far as me still stickin around, I like the never ending search for the truth! Not to mention the amount I have learned and still am learning....never gets old.....I don't even pay attention to chats posted for the same reason you listed lol it got old and rediculous real quick!

lol ... these gurus stated that when hey first printed the new iraqi dinar ,,, the united states came out and said ..."they bought 4 trillion dinars to give the new dinar a value ".....now all the sudden when people ask for a link the newbies clain ..its black opps .. and its not on the books .. its top secret.. only because they cannot produce anything to verify what some moron made up ...

ok you heard it .. so its true .. i hope you enjoy what you heard from a ficticious screen name on the internet .. dont ask for any proof .. just accept it and swear by it ..lol

this buying of dinars would not be a covert or black opp mission ..

i remember when this new dinar first came out and the govt gave the right to buy this dinar to give it value .. but it was only avaliable to united states citizens at that time ..after a year went by .. they decided to give great britan and australia the same rights since they were so heavily involved in the iraq war .. but i never heard of the govt buying dinars .. if our govt did buy dinars , it would have a record

Edited by ashtray

There could be a secret stash being held by some ABC organization under the United States corporation. That big "business" operates under its own rules. There's long been lots of secret Black Ops going on which the US citizenry is not on the list of those in the need to know. For example, consider the various special financing that was done to support the skirmishes that were going on in South America several decades ago, such as what Oliver North was involved in. But of course that sort of thing is all behind us now. Right? Sure it is.

Very well put estewart...I agree with you on this. I don't think the US would want this to be visible otherwise people would become wise to it. And yes our Gov Corp is always sceaming....always ;0)

Hey Keep, I asked how many dinars do you have because you have been on here 3500+ times and for the most part are very logical and sane where this investment is concerned. Your pictre looks just like one of my younger brothers while we were in the Navy together actually it is quite shoocking the resemblence!

http://service.nordea.com/nordea-openpages/fi/lists/currency/nonConvertibleExchangeRateFI.action?language=en

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/ir/IRProcessWeb/data/usa/eng/curusa.htm#I

I have to give credit to Ashtray for providing the link to the IMF with the numbers for the US.....

I did a little further digging into that information and apparently the US holds only convertible currencies in its foriegn currency reserves....

The first link i provided is what I found in regards to a listing of NON convertible currencies and the good ol dinar is on that list.....

The second link is what ashtray provided from the IMF (thank you). I reposted this in its own thread because I think EVERYONE needs to see this.....I feel that this is another "forum fact" put to rest as BS.....

That is unless someone can prove there is a seperate holding of NON convertible currencies that the US holds but even then it wouldn't make sense at all for a country to hold massive amounts of a non-convertible currency.....especially to"save the economy"

Thanks for the post Keep. BTW, I don't believe you're an idiot; then again you already know you're not one. You have a voice that should be heard also.

I did some research regarding your links.

The first link is to Nordea Financial Holdings; which is a based out of Stockholm Sweden and operates banks is several Scandanvian countries. What is considered non-convertible according to one countries laws, does not pretain to another country and its laws, i.e. Presidental Order 13303 signed into action by President Bush Jr. Scandanavian law doesn't apply to US citizens or the US Federal Reserve. Also, the list of currencies considered non-convertible according to certian Scandanavian country's laws appears to be very long; and most notable is that Hong Kong's currency is listed. That is shocking to say the least.

The definition of non-convertible is as follows:

What Does Nonconvertible Currency Mean?

Any currency that is used primarily for domestic transactions and is not openly traded on a forex market. This usually is a result of government restrictions, which prevent it from being exchanged for foreign currencies.

Also known as a "blocked currency".

Investopedia explains Nonconvertible Currency

As the name implies, it is virtually impossible to convert a nonconvertible currency into other legal tender, except in limited amounts on the black market. When a nation's currency is nonconvertible it tends to limit the country's participation in international trade as well as distort its balance of trade.

~~~

In regards to the second article.....

Doesn't the Federal Reserve indicate it is holding large quanities of foreign currency according to its balance sheets?

I must ask. Is there is difference between foreign currency held and foreign currency asset reserves held?

According to the IMF, I only noticed that the United States is listed as holding convertible asset reserves. I wonder what that is exactly, since Iraq is traded in the US openly and legally, if someone is willing to sell and buy. I didn't see anything about other non-convertible assets held. Then again, I seriously doubt the IMF would be concerned with that.

Also, we gave Iraq large quanties of US dollars to give them an economic currency to stabilize and grow their eonomy. So what does a person think we took as collarteral, since the Chinese are getting oil and more contracts than we are? We certainly didn't give them our dollars for free or unsecured through a loan on their faith and good looks.

Their currency is directly pegged to the US dollar for value. So we gave them large quanties of US dollars and we are most likely holding large sums of Iraqi dinar as collateral. That's why we didn't pull out of Iraq, because we would run the risk of loosing our behinds if the country failed; and it may yet if their economy fails because of a weak dinar.

~~~

On a more troubling note, the IMF is reporting the US as only holding $148,623 million in reserves, when we as a nation have roughly $9 trillion in circulation. We are in serious trouble folks. Our national debt alone is roughly $14.5 trillion, not including the IOUs payments to Medicare and Medcaid being due. That ramps up the national debt to roughly $38 trillion. I have seen some figures, which I question still because of lack of facts, that have the true full national debt up around $58 trillion.

This is a side bar discussion for another day though.

Edited by PD46

Hey Keep, I asked how many dinars do you have because you have been on here 3500+ times and for the most part are very logical and sane where this investment is concerned. Your pictre looks just like one of my younger brothers while we were in the Navy together actually it is quite shoocking the resemblence!

LOL....well I am very interested in what I put my hard earned money! And this kind if investing or speculation as you will is also a first for me and the information availible and what you can learn along the way is almost indefinate and interesting to me as well.....

That's why I am around so much.....and of course to make some money! LOL

Thanks for the post Keep. BTW, I don't believe you're an idiot; then again you already know you're not one. You have a voice that should be heard also.

I did some research regarding your links.

The first link is to Nordea Financial Holdings; which is a based out of Stockholm Sweden and operates banks is several Scandanvian countries. What is considered non-convertible according to one countries laws, does not pretain to another country and its laws, i.e. Presidental Order 13303 signed into action by President Bush Jr. Scandanavian law doesn't apply to US citizens or the US Federal Reserve. Also, the list of currencies considered non-convertible according to certian Scandanavian country's laws appears to be very long; and most notable is that Hong Kong's currency is listed. That is shocking to say the least.

The definition of non-convertible is as follows:

What Does Nonconvertible Currency Mean?

Any currency that is used primarily for domestic transactions and is not openly traded on a forex market. This usually is a result of government restrictions, which prevent it from being exchanged for foreign currencies.

Also known as a "blocked currency".

Investopedia explains Nonconvertible Currency

As the name implies, it is virtually impossible to convert a nonconvertible currency into other legal tender, except in limited amounts on the black market. When a nation's currency is nonconvertible it tends to limit the country's participation in international trade as well as distort its balance of trade.

~~~

In regards to the second article.....

Doesn't the Federal Reserve indicate it is holding large quanities of foreign currency according to its balance sheets?

I must ask. Is there is difference between foreign currency held and foreign currency asset reserves held?

According to the IMF, I only noticed that the United States is listed as holding convertible asset reserves. I wonder what that is exactly, since Iraq is traded in the US openly and legally, if someone is willing to sell and buy. I didn't see anything about other non-convertible assets held. Then again, I seriously doubt the IMF would be concerned with that.

Also, we gave Iraq large quanties of US dollars to give them an economic currency to stabilize and grow their eonomy. So what does a person think we took as collarteral, since the Chinese are getting oil and more contracts than we are? We certainly didn't give them our dollars for free or unsecured through a loan on their faith and good looks.

Their currency is directly pegged to the US dollar for value. So we gave them large quanties of US dollars and we are most likely holding large sums of Iraqi dinar as collateral. That's why we didn't pull out of Iraq, because we would run the risk of loosing our behinds if the country failed; and it may yet if their economy fails because of a weak dinar.

~~~

On a more troubling note, the IMF is reporting the US as only holding $148,623 million in reserves, when we as a nation have roughly $9 trillion in circulation. We are in serious trouble folks. Our national debt alone is roughly $14.5 trillion, not including the IOUs payments to Medicare and Medcaid being due. That ramps up the national debt to roughly $38 trillion. I have seen some figures, which I question still because of lack of facts, that have the true full national debt up around $58 trillion.

This is a side bar discussion for another day though.

Hey PD.....thanks for your response.....

When looking at this info I did read about what makes it a non convertible currency first and it seemed that iraq fit the bill almost to a T.....used in developing countries as to have a more stable exchange rate and so they can adjust interest rates accordingly, usually the country restricts what the average citizen can leave with, isent openly traded and so on....I know there is more but I can't remeber it all off the top of my head.....

Even though we are able to go to SOME banks to purchase dinar, I'm not quite sure I believe its considered a convertible currency cause its technically not openly traded at all.....I know that for awhile there a lot of banks would only give you dinar if you were in the armed services being deployed....but because you can't walk into almost any place and buy or exchange dinar, I don't really think we can say with certainty that its a openly traded and fully convertible currency even to the US.....

Because I've been using my phone for all this lol when I came across that site with the list of NCC I didn't really dig into where the site was based from, but rather just saw some info I was looking for and used it because its not very fun trying to research the internet on a phone lol.....but since you brought that to my attention, you are forcing me to dig for another list, or at least something validating the dinar and its status to the US (damn you! LOL j/k). I expect you and other members to point something out in the manner you did if I'm incorrect or mistaken about something so thank you for that.....but I do have to ask, what makes you think it wouldn't be on the same list for many countries or that there isent a standard globally for NCC?

I have no idea about the fed reserve and what it claims it holds.....maybe that's something else we can look into but still I believe if they did, it would be of no importance to the US seeing as how they are basically there own little country lol.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey PD.....thanks for your response.....

When looking at this info I did read about what makes it a non convertible currency first and it seemed that iraq fit the bill almost to a T.....used in developing countries as to have a more stable exchange rate and so they can adjust interest rates accordingly, usually the country restricts what the average citizen can leave with, isent openly traded and so on....I know there is more but I can't remeber it all off the top of my head.....

Even though we are able to go to SOME banks to purchase dinar, I'm not quite sure I believe its considered a convertible currency cause its technically not openly traded at all.....I know that for awhile there a lot of banks would only give you dinar if you were in the armed services being deployed....but because you can't walk into almost any place and buy or exchange dinar, I don't really think we can say with certainty that its a openly traded and fully convertible currency even to the US.....

Because I've been using my phone for all this lol when I came across that site with the list of NCC I didn't really dig into where the site was based from, but rather just saw some info I was looking for and used it because its not very fun trying to research the internet on a phone lol.....but since you brought that to my attention, you are forcing me to dig for another list, or at least something validating the dinar and its status to the US (damn you! LOL j/k). I expect you and other members to point something out in the manner you did if I'm incorrect or mistaken about something so thank you for that.....but I do have to ask, what makes you think it wouldn't be on the same list for many countries or that there isent a standard globally for NCC?

I have no idea about the fed reserve and what it claims it holds.....maybe that's something else we can look into but still I believe if they did, it would be of no importance to the US seeing as how they are basically there own little country lol.....

Keep, please don't think I was trying to prove you wrong. Perhaps you are definitely on to something, and other sources may prove this.. I wasn't just pointing out the source to be a bank based from Sweden.

To you question, what makes you think it wouldn't be on the same list for many countries or that there isent a standard globally for NCC?

That is a good and fair question. One would think that I would apply, because that would make the most sense. I'l explain my thoughts.

Each country has different laws on what kinds of currency can be traded and exchanged legally. For example, let's say we had relatives in Syria, and we wanted to send money to help them with living expenses. In the US that would be illegal, but in another country, perhaps like Switzerland it is legal. Syria is a country on the US OFAC list. It is illegal to conduct financial, and monetary, business with countries on OFAC's banned country list. Banks don't send wires to those countries and the US government resticts and/or bans all financial affairs.

Yes, most countries probably have Iraq labeled as a non-convertible currency; but the US does not. That's why I think what I think.

You answered a question I had from several years back though, I appreciate it. I have a customer of mine at the bank that is a resident alien of the US with his native country being from Sweden. I recognized the bank name Nordea, because he also has an account with that bank that he periodically wires funds. He bought a small amount of dinar here in the US sometime back, and he had to buy his father dinar in the US, because he told me his father was unable to purchase it in Sweden. They were speculating on making a small profit. I didn't ask why at the time his father couldn't buy at the time he told me this, and your research now has answered the question for me. Obviously banks in Sweden are not selling Iraq dinar.

It doesn't surprise me though. More currency exchange brokers connected to banks are refusing to sell to everyday speculators like you and me. They just refuse to stock, carry, or sell a worthless currency, and why should they, when travel to Iraq is still dangerous and somewhat restricted in some areas. Let's be honest, people are tripping over each other at the airport and travel agent office to go to Iraq for sightseeing vacations.

Perhaps you may be onto something though, with this line of thinking. I thought I saw somewhere on a current Fed balance sheet, that the Fed had more in foreign currency holdings that what the IMF indicated. I could always be wrong though.

I'll give you and everyone a little funny thought. Working in a bank and having friends in other banks, I can verify the bank stories in rumors are all from Fantasy Island. I call all those bank stories, "Pass the Bong" stories. Fun to read and total BS.

Edited by PD46

I think a few missed the point a little judging by a couple responses.....

This is just more evidence piling up of us not holding dinar......its not a pointless argument when so many peoples arguments for why this will RV is based off of....just like saying "well bush said the war would pay for itself" but yet there is no evidence of that either....both of those arguments are treated as fact in this investment and as a reason why this is so solid.....

I just find it silly to be honest and when someone uses those excuses as to why this will happen, it actually makes all of us in this investment look crazy......

A lot of you are quick to say well they wouldn't tell us anyway if they did which COULD be correct but even if you follow that logic then how can you sit there and even remotely defend someone using that as a reason for this having to happen? Because there are many that use specific amounts in their cases for what exactly we hold but NO ONE would know this at all....unless you really believe that a couple of people in this investment are that special enough to know what we hold LOL....so my point being is that somewhere down the line SOMEBODY MADE IT UP OUT OF THIN AIR.....there is no evidence anywhere of us holding dinar and its a weak argument for why this RV will happen.....

I feel that we should be looking deeper for answers that will solidify this investment instead of repeating these non sensical statements as fact.....

And where did you get this idea from?? No offense but these are the exact kind of statements being made that I was talking about.....would be interested to know where u got this info from and if it can be proven....

• The U.S. Treasury does not hold Iraqi dinars. Official U.S. foreign exchange reserve assets are comprised of euro, yen, gold, and Special Drawing Rights (or SDRs), an international reserve asset (This is the where they can draw from the IMF in any international currency they choose. You know like "the soon to be revalued and placed on the international market" Iraqi Dinar) created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement its member countries’ official reserves.--------This is directly from a fact sheet created by the US Treasury.I added the bit in parenthesis. I got no reason to BS anybody. Call the Treasury yourself if you like. When you get info from the Government though many time you have to learn how to read between the lines to get to the facts.

Keep, please don't think I was trying to prove you wrong. Perhaps you are definitely on to something, and other sources may prove this.. I wasn't just pointing out the source to be a bank based from Sweden.

To you question, what makes you think it wouldn't be on the same list for many countries or that there isent a standard globally for NCC?

That is a good and fair question. One would think that I would apply, because that would make the most sense. I'l explain my thoughts.

Each country has different laws on what kinds of currency can be traded and exchanged legally. For example, let's say we had relatives in Syria, and we wanted to send money to help them with living expenses. In the US that would be illegal, but in another country, perhaps like Switzerland it is legal. Syria is a country on the US OFAC list. It is illegal to conduct financial, and monetary, business with countries on OFAC's banned country list. Banks don't send wires to those countries and the US government resticts and/or bans all financial affairs.

Yes, most countries probably have Iraq labeled as a non-convertible currency; but the US does not. That's why I think what I think.

You answered a question I had from several years back though, I appreciate it. I have a customer of mine at the bank that is a resident alien of the US with his native country being from Sweden. I recognized the bank name Nordea, because he also has an account with that bank that he periodically wires funds. He bought a small amount of dinar here in the US sometime back, and he had to buy his father dinar in the US, because he told me his father was unable to purchase it in Sweden. They were speculating on making a small profit. I didn't ask why at the time his father couldn't buy at the time he told me this, and your research now has answered the question for me. Obviously banks in Sweden are not selling Iraq dinar.

It doesn't surprise me though. More currency exchange brokers connected to banks are refusing to sell to everyday speculators like you and me. They just refuse to stock, carry, or sell a worthless currency, and why should they, when travel to Iraq is still dangerous and somewhat restricted in some areas. Let's be honest, people are tripping over each other at the airport and travel agent office to go to Iraq for sightseeing vacations.

Perhaps you may be onto something though, with this line of thinking. I thought I saw somewhere on a current Fed balance sheet, that the Fed had more in foreign currency holdings that what the IMF indicated. I could always be wrong though.

I'll give you and everyone a little funny thought. Working in a bank and having friends in other banks, I can verify the bank stories in rumors are all from Fantasy Island. I call all those bank stories, "Pass the Bong" stories. Fun to read and total BS.

I kinda want to be proven wrong though! LOL.....I want someone to double check what I present so I know if it is in fact solid! I did find a pdf about the IMF guidelines and it seems from reading it that there is a. International guidline across the board for all countries as far as what's considered NCC andd CC.....I still want to find something more direct as far as a list from the US so I will keep looking....let me see if I can attach that pdf......

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-sprint-us&ei=B2VTTpiqGcmYsQf60sXAAg&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/bop/pdf/resteg2.pdf&source=android-launcher-widget&ved=0CB4QFjAC&usg=AFQjCNHPFn5Ur9awiPzmoHaCc3AInXZPaw

See if that will work......I will keep digging.....

• The U.S. Treasury does not hold Iraqi dinars. Official U.S. foreign exchange reserve assets are comprised of euro, yen, gold, and Special Drawing Rights (or SDRs), an international reserve asset (This is the where they can draw from the IMF in any international currency they choose. You know like "the soon to be revalued and placed on the international market" Iraqi Dinar) created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement its member countries’ official reserves.--------This is directly from a fact sheet created by the US Treasury.I added the bit in parenthesis. I got no reason to BS anybody. Call the Treasury yourself if you like. When you get info from the Government though many time you have to learn how to read between the lines to get to the facts.

Not saying you would purposely make stuff up but you will have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it.....

Can you post this fact sheet where u got the information from? Again it still wouldn't make sense to me to hold a NCC as even in SDR's but hopefully if what your saying is true then it can be clarified with maybe what you got your information from....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have a fail bug avatar sir.

<--- the bug has returned.

The Fedral reserve can do what ever they want and not tell anybody anything. That's basically what Burnanke has to say about it.

The FED sure is against being audited. I for get the number but the Fed has been around for like 94 years, and never once been audited.

Who knows what kind of skeletons they have in their closet!

In 2007, the FED stopped reporting M3. That raised many concerns, as people wondered why. The claims were:

1) It saved them money to not report it

2) They had other ways of monitoring or calculating it

Their responses were vague, yet contradictive to a degree.

I found a nice opinions piece article over that.

Someone pointed out how the U.S. would be viewed if they were indeed holding IQD, and the R/V were to actually occur. It would seem like war profiteering, huh?

How would the U.S. Govt benefit? Taxes paid by speculative holders.

You can't argue that!! If this pops like many of us hope, you know the U.S. Govt will want their dues...

And they would just benefit through their normal policies of taxing the people...

Taxes would be received by the capital gains taxes, states taxes, etc.

Taxes would be received by the individuals heightened spending.

Than, it would means other positive scenarios such as:

Increase of jobs (Some may retire, or start a business)

Paying off of debts

Purchasing of goods & services (Help boost the economy)

Re-invested (Also helps the economy)

It would be like an awesome stimulus, but only a smaller % directly benefit the most as they were the ones who took the risk. Others would or may benefit through the ripple effects of their spending.

So, it may easily be argued that the R/V would be good for the Government. Even if the UST does not hold any IQD at this given moment.

Does anyone ever wonder.... Why this seems to be growing in recognition by the people? IQD sites/forums pop up everyday. New members sign-up everyday.

But, how many of them are actually new, and new to the investment?

The theory & myth of the UST holding IQD may not be true. Documentation seems to show that it doesn't exist at this given moment.

Here is the reason I "actually" believe they don't...

Because I don't think there is "as" much IQD in circulation as many of us perceive there to be.

6.38 Trillion initially printed.. A good portion (majority) is within their nation.

They have to print every year to replace worn out bills, but the drawn in worn out bills are likely not written off the books. They're held in reserves (most likely).

They're still considered a liability, and the M1/M2s grow. But, in reality, they're not a threatening liability... They could likely be excluded at the stroke of a pen.

• Upvote 1

I kinda want to be proven wrong though! LOL.....I want someone to double check what I present so I know if it is in fact solid! I did find a pdf about the IMF guidelines and it seems from reading it that there is a. International guidline across the board for all countries as far as what's considered NCC andd CC.....I still want to find something more direct as far as a list from the US so I will keep looking....let me see if I can attach that pdf......

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-sprint-us&ei=B2VTTpiqGcmYsQf60sXAAg&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/bop/pdf/resteg2.pdf&source=android-launcher-widget&ved=0CB4QFjAC&usg=AFQjCNHPFn5Ur9awiPzmoHaCc3AInXZPaw

See if that will work......I will keep digging.....

Not saying you would purposely make stuff up but you will have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it.....

Can you post this fact sheet where u got the information from? Again it still wouldn't make sense to me to hold a NCC as even in SDR's but hopefully if what your saying is true then it can be clarified with maybe what you got your information from....

Keep, I was doing some thinking this morning and didn't have time to research. The US Federal Reserve and the US Treasury, though working almost always together on financial matters, are still two seperate entities. The Federal Reserve of the US is controlled by a board of governors made up of former bank executives, economists, etc. The Fed Reserve answers to no one in the US government, period. There is no checks and balance system in place. On the other hand, the US Treasury answers to Congress primarily, and it takes direction and lead from the President.

Is is possible the US Treasury, not the Federal Reserve, is holding the dinar? I belive it is possible and likely to be the case. No one would think to look into the Treasury books with a magnifying glass; unlike the US Fed with the spotlight on it. "Look where I say, and not in other places."