Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Working thru Ramadan??

Primma

I'm still new to all this....,But I have read the the Iraq Gov't shuts down durring the Ramadan Holiday. So can we assume that there must be some sorta deadline for something, being that they are working.

Just a thought.

Primma - most will tell you that they do in fact work some during Ramadan, but even Adam is thinking they won't get anything significant done, though he hopes he's wrong on that point. I have noticed that they have had a pretty busy schedule, they even met on Sat. which is usually their day off(Fri. & Sat.)! So, I am not exactly sure what concrete progress they are making... but they are having meetings, they are working, which we hope is a good sign! GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

I think you may want to catch up on the news and then decide if they are getting anything important done during Ramadan:

"BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s National Alliance, led by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, has approved the draft-law on the National Council for Strategic Policies (NCSP), provided it does not violate the Constitution, a statement from the Chairman of the Alliance announced on Sunday."

Other news has reported that the parties do not think that there is anything that is not workable. This is pretty big news.

IMHO the Iraqis has gotten a great deal done during Ramadan.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

I think you may want to catch up on the news and then decide if they are getting anything important done during Ramadan:

"BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s National Alliance, led by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, has approved the draft-law on the National Council for Strategic Policies (NCSP), provided it does not violate the Constitution, a statement from the Chairman of the Alliance announced on Sunday."

Other news has reported that the parties do not think that there is anything that is not workable. This is pretty big news.

IMHO the Iraqis has gotten a great deal done during Ramadan.

I agree they have gotten a lot done Carrello... but one concern I have, probably because we have seen folks nominated and then fall through before dry.gif... is this a "done deal" and announced? Or is this just another "approval for nomination"? See what I mean? I haven't heard anything definitive yet... I hope it's a touchdown though, I really do! Maybe we should just lock em in the conference rooms and not let em out till they getter dun!!! wink.gif

I agree they have gotten a lot done Carrello... but one concern I have, probably because we have seen folks nominated and then fall through before dry.gif... is this a "done deal" and announced? Or is this just another "approval for nomination"? See what I mean? I haven't heard anything definitive yet... I hope it's a touchdown though, I really do! Maybe we should just lock em in the conference rooms and not let em out till they getter dun!!! wink.gif

Oh, yeah. it is amazing the amount of nominations take place and five minutes later you read where they have been thrown out. But they are making progress, one step forward, two back, one forward......

And don't necessarily adhere to what they say, but watch for what they actually do. As I have said before, this is going to make a great book is the truth can ever be found and printed.

Lockdown and take the key!

• Upvote 1

You are RIGHT ON THE MONEY here!

Since football season is coming up, I'll take advantage of it:

When your team crosses the goal line, and you start celebrating "TOUCHDOWN!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And then the ref says "NO TOUCHDOWN, OUT OF BOUNDS."

What do you do?

You kick the dog, throw the remote, and grab a beer...

... and wait for the next play, because your team still has a chance.

They are driving towards the gaol.

And even if they have to punt, they will come back on the next drive.

Fortunately, if IRAQ was a football team...

.. The entire game would be HIGHLY RIGGED in their favor!

And also, therefore... in OUR favor.

but no matter what, we are in the same situation.

We are waiting for the next play.

And I really think the next "PLAY" isn't going to fly until after Ramadan.

If you all want to focus on the coaches, or the newspapers, or the announcers, or the cheerleaders... that's great!

Best wishes!

But I'm looking at the GOAL LINE. And I don't see it being crossed until after Ramadan.

So there's my opinion.

P.S. I hope I'm WRONG! :lmao:

• Upvote 1

But I'm looking at the GOAL LINE. And I don't see it being crossed until after Ramadan.

So there's my opinion.

P.S. I hope I'm WRONG! :lmao:

No offence ... but I hope your wrong too!wink.gif I believe you also said if your right, you win, and if your wrong... you win too! Win/win situation. I love your analogy ... good timing for that, though it would have been nice if the Pack had won the Browns... but alas, it is only the preseason!

Thanks for the input! GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

No offence ... but I hope your wrong too!wink.gif I believe you also said if your right, you win, and if your wrong... you win too! Win/win situation. I love your analogy ... good timing for that, though it would have been nice if the Pack had won the Browns... but alas, it is only the preseason!

Thanks for the input! GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Yep, it's only pre-season!

Was good to see some football again though! I was a little worried about it TBH.