Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The World Bank: Iraq in the world ranked 174 among 183 countries on the business (story includes a rate)

k98nights

I believe its not properly translated ?/

when you try to translate this article in google it says like this "350 thousand dinars (300 dollars), then about 900 thousand dinars (770 dollars)"

So nothing exciting in this info??

I second this statement...confirmed through SDL professional translation and also Google.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are two kinds of articles that come out of Iraq:

1. "We plan to delete the 0's"

2. "We plan to raise the value of the Dinar"

The two types of stories are contradictory to a point - deleting the 0's is a no-gain operation. Raising the value could mean a little or a lot of gain.

Personally, I think they plan on making some money by playing with the exchange rate.

The questions are:

1. When?

2. How much?

.... and so, we wait. :)

P.S. YEAH I KNOW there are more articles that come from Iraq than those two subjects!!!! :lol: Cut me a break please :lol:

I think it should be mentioned that they are very good at planning. They plan, they plan, they plan. Years and years. Years and years. Another Year goes by. I mean even this country has slow moving officials in Washington, but nothing like this. I have never read or heard of anything like this before. Where a country always plans to do something, 3,4,5,....8 years go by...nothing. What a wonderful legacy! Ill tell ya boy, Iraqs leaders are real history makers.

A great idea would be to build like a ten ft statue of shabibi and maliki in downtown baghdad. On a plaque, engraved, should read, "The greatest planners in the history of the world".

• Upvote 1

No disrespect Adam but why would we be fools? if it comes out at .85 cents im only cashing in a minmal of what I need to for bills and stuff. We all know its gonna go up if we dont get a cash in window i am holding out for sure that would be the smart thing to do but to eaches own i suppose. They have major potential for the dinar to reach 4-5 dollars in the near future not saying i will hold that long possibly hold out to 2-3 bucks.

smile.gifsmile.gif

You are way to conservative man!!! be a risk taker Adam come on!! you can do it.

I can't speak for Adam, as for me I will get out. The area is way to explosive for my liking. Thousands of years of fighting will be hard to just stop. Hard to believe I stayed in as long as I have. I thought about ISX just don't know.

when you try to translate this article in google it says like this "350 thousand dinars (300 dollars), then about 900 thousand dinars (770 dollars)"

It is a translation issue. The orginal documents say 900,000 dinars to a 770.00 USD, do the math it show you the artifical program rate of 1168.00IQD

Does anybody else see this too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/03/when-freedom-is-bad-for-business/8373/

Odd that at the conclusion of the article, the comment(s) section has comments dating back 6 months.

Ok, let me restate my earlier comment: I think .86 would be a great rate and if the market was even slightly unstable, I would cash out in a heartbeat! If there's a good chance we can hold until the rate goes up to $2-3, of COURSE I will hold.

But I'd happily skip and flip and cartwheel to the bank at .86!!!! :lol:

In my personal opinion, we are going to see it hit at around 12 cents. So again in my personal opinion - .86 will be big big big and there's no way I will complain.

:twothumbs:

Early? I was just about to go to bed!

Adam, at $ .12 cents, wouldn't that just open the flood gates for the uninformed to buy up a grip of currency with almost certainty that it will rise? Maybe that IS what Iraq wants. I dunno. I'm not a foreign currency "trader". And if that in fact happens, does the value fall or go up? Anyone?

Please read the article, it dorsn't say 350 dinar, it says 350 thousand. If you are going to post an article do it honest and right.

It also states that 2,000,000 dinar is around 2,000 dollars. Wish it were and wish it might . .I'd take .86 in a heartbeat!

Edited by poke salad annie

Odd that at the conclusion of the article, the comment(s) section has comments dating back 6 months.

Adam, at $ .12 cents, wouldn't that just open the flood gates for the uninformed to buy up a grip of currency with almost certainty that it will rise? Maybe that IS what Iraq wants. I dunno. I'm not a foreign currency "trader". And if that in fact happens, does the value fall or go up? Anyone?

Absolutely, but keep in mind that Iraq will also make money as the rate goes up. It's a win-win for everyone.

Hogs get plump and 'Pigs' get slaughtered. I'm with Adam, I'll take my .85 and kiss the ground with a sigh of relief! The first thing I want to do is shed the 000's and then reinvest in non-currency opps.

I'm will the guy with 15,000+ posts. How do you do that 98?

In my personal opinion, we are going to see it hit at around 12 cents. So again in my personal opinion - .86 will be big big big and there's no way I will complain.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Adam,

Why do you think 12 cents? Hows that going to help? the iraqi people will still have to bring a wheelbarrow of money to buy stuff!!

Edited by N2DEEP

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Adam,

Why do you think 12 cents? Hows that going to help? the iraqi people will still have to bring a wheelbarrow of money to buy stuff!!

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here - I think an increase like that is a major deal and will help the country tremendously.

tongue.gifWell Crap!!

Son-Of-Beech, With Runny Horse Biscuits!! #&!@*$#!!#$!

I REALLY liked that article from K98, And someone had to come and Sh$t right in the middle of my BREAKFAST!!

Grrrrrrr................................. wink.gifsad.gifbiggrin.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here - I think an increase like that is a major deal and will help the country tremendously.

Adam, do belive any of this hype about 2morrow being the day?

No disrespect Adam but why would we be fools? if it comes out at .85 cents im only cashing in a minmal of what I need to for bills and stuff. We all know its gonna go up if we dont get a cash in window i am holding out for sure that would be the smart thing to do but to eaches own i suppose. They have major potential for the dinar to reach 4-5 dollars in the near future not saying i will hold that long possibly hold out to 2-3 bucks.

smile.gifsmile.gif

You are way to conservative man!!! be a risk taker Adam come on!! you can do it.

SAME!

(Ran outa plussies, sorry.)