Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

loppers, why are you here?

sonny1

going into my debate on sunday, 6pm central, debate forum with a very sharp jmw, i come to wonder 1 thing. if you truely believe that iraq will rd, and screw every country that helped them become a free nation, why are you even here? are you guys trying to be the guru police? are you just negative in general? is your life so bad you try to ruin others? i dont get it. you guys do know your almost as bad as the okies, tk's, franks, loooongfellow's, and the rest of the totally out-landish. right? (i have been wrong, but never pumped or tried to mislead) lets say your guys act made 1 person sell there dinar, and it hits at .10 and they miss out on lets say 50grand, is that any worse than what okie has done over the last year? (okie is an idiot, i am not sticking up for him) and from what i am seeing cbi hasnt done anything yet, and from what i have seen there has been many that have sold. no disrespect.

why are you guys here?

why are you guys so negative?

I am looking forward to the debate and as a neutral person who owns dinar i would say that the people who believe that there will be a lop are still here because they believe that there is still some money to be made...just not 3,000 times what they paid.

That being said i think that it is only healthy for all of the members of this forum to be able to learn about all possible outcomes of this investment. Some say that "Iraq cant afford a lop" or "they wouldnt do that to all the people who have invested in them and helped them" well the fact of the matter is that they can afford to lop...because it would not change anything at all, things would carry on exactly as they are. Those statements in themselves are outlandish IMO. Maybe the USA did go over there to look for W.M.D. and not to crash the economy with plans of one day revaluing their currency, you dont know you are are a speculator just like the rest of us.

• Upvote 5

oh ya and for the loppers who say.....read the news, there telling us rd........well the have also said 80 times that the goi is complete, and isnt.........they said allawi won....no maliki won......allawi.....maliki.....

they said they had security min........ they said erbil is done.........they said feb 2010 that by 2011 they would have a new rate of exchange.......bottom line iraq is completely full of ####.

I am looking forward to the debate and as a neutral person who owns dinar i would say that the people who believe that there will be a lop are still here because they believe that there is still some money to be made...just not 3,000 times what they paid.

That being said i think that it is only healthy for all of the members of this forum to be able to learn about all possible outcomes of this investment. Some say that "Iraq cant afford a lop" or "they wouldnt do that to all the people who have invested in them and helped them" well the fact of the matter is that they can afford to lop...because it would not change anything at all, things would carry on exactly as they are. Those statements in themselves are outlandish IMO. Maybe the USA did go over there to look for W.M.D. and not to crash the economy with plans of one day revaluing their currency, you dont know you are are a speculator just like the rest of us.

the good old us of a made them devalue there currency.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Excellent question and the only reply I have seen over and over is that they are educated on the Dinar and are trying to get people to understand the "other" possible outcomes on the Dinar. Although I am sure 95% of people here who have Dinar are quite well aware of all the possible outcomes, the lopsters seem to like to jump in any positive discussion on the Dinar and make sure everyone knows it might LOP. It doesn't seem to matter that we have read the LOP stuff at least 1200 times from one of them, they keep on insisting we hear it again.

When most people decide to invest into something like the Dinar it is because they have looked into it and made their own mind up as to the chance of coming out with a profit, so I don't see why it is wrong to have confidence in the Dinar and discuss things with a positive outlook. If I only had a chance to break even or even double my investment then I would have no need to be discussing Dinars in a forum. Again JMO. (not mentioning any names)

Go RV low / RD / RV again.

Edited by Sirius
  • Upvote 2

going into my debate on sunday, 6pm central, debate forum with a very sharp jmw, i come to wonder 1 thing. if you truely believe that iraq will rd, and screw every country that helped them become a free nation, why are you even here? are you guys trying to be the guru police? are you just negative in general? is your life so bad you try to ruin others? i dont get it. you guys do know your almost as bad as the okies, tk's, franks, loooongfellow's, and the rest of the totally out-landish. right? (i have been wrong, but never pumped or tried to mislead) lets say your guys act made 1 person sell there dinar, and it hits at .10 and they miss out on lets say 50grand, is that any worse than what okie has done over the last year? (okie is an idiot, i am not sticking up for him) and from what i am seeing cbi hasnt done anything yet, and from what i have seen there has been many that have sold. no disrespect.

why are you guys here?

THANKS SONNY1 THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID A LONG TIME AGO :lol:

• Upvote 2

the good old us of a made them devalue there currency.

we made them devalue their currency? or did our sanctions force to overinflate their currency by thousands and force them to print larger notes...with plans to later lop the zeros and return to the pre-war state.

just playing the devils advocate here...i have no idea what will happen but neither do you.

• Upvote 1

You know, if I walk out of this with 4-5-6 times what I have invested, that is good. If it goes the way I think, you can find me on a beach somewhere, with no where to go and all day to get there.

I am going to think as if I was a full believer of the LOP:

I would likely argue a couple scenarios:

1.) You are not born a lopster, but, you become a lopster.

You took the hook, line, & sinker and bought from the initial emotion prior to doing your due diligence. As you research, you start to notice the numbers don't add up in a logical sense. You become bitter and now expect the worst and hope to inform others prior to investing more than they should. You are doubtful of the R/D, but you are not 100% from crossing it off the list. You would argue night & day of a $3+ R/V, or a $1 R/V for that matter. You think at best a few cents is feasible.

2.) You generally think negatively, and you set your standards low not to be disappointed.

Generally self-esteem issues, most likely from being burned in the past. These people only argue the LOP in hopes you will provide decent factual evidence that a R/V is feasible & maybe even likely. This particular group, in my opinion, lacks doing continued research to prove their beliefs...

3.) Your a #s guy/gal and you can't imagine a 50+ trillion dollar money supply

Hey, you started off with a great argument... But, we can only speculate and put out theories on how those figures will be reduced. A re-denomination would seem most logical to most people. At face-value, I can't argue that is what it may seem to be... But, what about the what-ifs?

4.) You just love to argue....

You like to root for the under-dog scenario. You like to ruffle other peoples feathers. Mess with their emotions. Get people aggrivated or agitated.

Note: When I say "Under-dog scenario" I mean the scenario that has the least support within this particular community.

I'm sure we can add more, but that may help give us an idea why we hear the LOP-sided people.

We could add those that prey on people and their fears....

And more.. If we really begin to break it down.

As for me, could this thing re-denominate (LOP)? Yes

Could this thing re-value? Yes

I'm on the fence, but leaning towards a R/V

Although, I don't believe $3 is feasible.

And I look towards the IMF for answers, and I am trying to learn a lot about Basel 3 & how central banks operate to get a better understanding of the big-picture :)

• Upvote 4

why are you guys here?

Yes please do tell us! Why you are here? Cause your still hoping to "double or "triple your thousand dollar investment? LOL! Or is it cause you want to save all the people here? I think you loppers should start your own website. Its not that expensive! Wonder how many members you would have? Not many....Why? cause people don't really like hearing the same old stuff every single day! At the very least when your sitting there behind your computer, only commenting on argumentable topics and never post a positive thing.....just do EVERYONE a favor and just post....."yea what I said before"............copy and paste it on every post. Don't waiste anymore of your time! I'm seriously do you loppers really think anyone cares? I know I don't!

Ps. Sonny1......not really sure why you are even entertaining these guys! Their thinking will not change in any way. You are just giving them the stage they are looking for! LOL shoot I bet JMW has about 4-5 guys feeding him as much as his little brain can handle! I just hope hes takng notes cause all the boy really talks about anyother time is M2 this and M2 that! LOL! If these guys cant see the whole HUGE picture then this is a waite of time! I mean serously I obviously follow your posts and you keep it as real as possible and can see the HUGE picture but these NEGATIVE NELLYS will never see it! HAVE FUN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You took the hook, line, & sinker and bought from the initial emotion prior to doing your due diligence. As you research, you start to notice the numbers don't add up in a logical sense. You become bitter and now expect the worst and hope to inform others prior to investing more than they should. You are doubtful of the R/D, but you are not 100% from crossing it off the list. You would argue night & day of a $3+ R/V, or a $1 R/V for that matter. You think at best a few cents is feasible.

2.) You generally think negatively, and you set your standards low not to be disappointed.

Generally self-esteem issues, most likely from being burned in the past. These people only argue the LOP in hopes you will provide decent factual evidence that a R/V is feasible & maybe even likely. This particular group, in my opinion, lacks doing continued research to prove their beliefs...

Hey, you started off with a great argument... But, we can only speculate and put out theories on how those figures will be reduced. A re-denomination would seem most logical to most people. At face-value, I can't argue that is what it may seem to be... But, what about the what-ifs?

You like to root for the under-dog scenario. You like to ruffle other peoples feathers. Mess with their emotions. Get people aggrivated or agitated.

Note: When I say "Under-dog scenario" I mean the scenario that has the least support within this particular community.

I'm sure we can add more, but that may help give us an idea why we hear the LOP-sided people.

And I look towards the IMF for answers, and I am trying to learn a lot about Basel 3 & how central banks operate to get a better understanding of the big-picture :)

ok first of all redenomination refers to taking larger notes like 25,000's and 50,000's out of circulation and replacing them with the lower bills ...for example 1's 5's 10's 20's etc.. Thus re-denominating the currency. Rather it "lops" or not has nothing to do with the inevitable redenomination of currency. The argument the is rather the large 25,000 notes are going to be traded in for new 25dinar notes or if they are going to be able to coexist and still maintain the value of 25,000dinar after the redenomination. If they must be traded for 25dinar notes then that would be considered a lop. If you get to cash them in for 3,000 times what you paid for them then that would be the "RV" that everyone is looking for.

The redenomination is inevitable and the reason that the CBI is doing this is to make their currency look like the rest of the world's currency which would give poeple confidence in the notes and make exchanges easier.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If I believed it was going to be a LOP, I and many other forex traders would not waste our time holding IQD. Why would we hold a worthless currency that would moderately increase when we could just keep our focus trading other currencies that are active and traded NOW? I definitely don't think it will be a lop but that is just my opinion.

• Upvote 9

why are you guys here?

Good point, sonny1

I wonder how many others hearing this lop talk would maybe be moved to buy more dinar since the profit on the investment would be less? (I have no idea that this is mathmatically feasible or even practical. Just wondering if loppers could be pumpers in disguise)

ok first of all redenomination refers to taking larger notes like 25,000's and 50,000's out of circulation and replacing them with the lower bills ...for example 1's 5's 10's 20's etc.. Thus re-denominating the currency. Rather it "lops" or not has nothing to do with the inevitable redenomination of currency. The argument the is rather the large 25,000 notes are going to be traded in for new 25dinar notes or if they are going to be able to coexist and still maintain the value of 25,000dinar after the redenomination. If they must be traded for 25dinar notes then that would be considered a lop. If you get to cash them in for 3,000 times what you paid for them then that would be the "RV" that everyone is looking for.

The redenomination is inevitable and the reason that the CBI is doing this is to make their currency look like the rest of the world's currency which would give poeple confidence in the notes and make exchanges easier.

My arugments were based on a 1000:1 Re-denomination

For example, you exchange a 25,000 note for a 25 note of same value

(That type... Don't twist the slang or take words out of context)

I heard this phrase once and found it interesting:

Not all Re-denominations are LOPs

However, all LOPs are Re-denominations.

Basically, saying what you said.

• Upvote 1

GOD this horse has been beaten to death and resurrected and then beaten to death again so many times..what's the POINT? If it LOPs, Oh well, if not, then we are set. The amount of time people spend trying to convince others of each side of this debate is hilarious. Lots of other things to do in life beside argue over something neither side has ultimate proof or control over. Get on with life everybody!! have a great weekend!!

It is very possible for it to re-denominate,this is what I believe is possible,I own a few million and I am in it to win by staying GROUNDED .

• Upvote 1

If I believed it was going to be a LOP, I and many other forex traders would not waste our time holding IQD. Why would we hold a worthless currency that would moderately increase when we could just keep our focus trading other currencies that are active and traded NOW? I definitely don't think it will be a lop but that is just my opinion.

Fx traders are stereotypical to trading the majors and some minors in regards to currency. (I.e., USD, Euro, Francs, etc.)

So, in reality, most Fx traders would not waste their time with IQD - because they couldn't profit on it as the value never really changes.

If the dollar rises/falls, a Fx trader can profit..

However, this does not mean a Fx trade is not someone with knowledge.

I value all Fx traders who hold IQD because:

They understand Forex

Trading

Possible taxation

And how currencies fluctuate

Etc. etc (The list goes on)

Too bad we didn't have more Fx traders around in here :)

Im here because I work for the dealers as a dumper......I just try to scare everyone so they sell back all their dinar so that the supply never runs dry for me and my corporation of financial experts, then we shall rule the world!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Yup - that is why when you sell your IQD back to the currency dealers - you can enter "ucankeepem" into the coupon code and you'll receive an extra 10% in value of your dinar.

And good old KeepM receive a nice kick-back

I'm only kidding of course.. LOL

i wonder what would happen if a billionaire or a corporation with billions of dollars got ahold of some of the "intel" that only us blessed dinarians are so lucky to have. If they purchased a billion USD worth of dinar then they would be sitting pretty with about 3 trillion dollars after an R/V right? I dont think so...but hey its possible right? :blink:

I believe the RV but enjoy reading opinions on the lop! If I just read the news and rumors without the loppsters opinions over the last 3 years I would have never done the research on the bunny ear/ Lop/ redenomination that has made me the educated person I am today on the subject. I believe the debate will be good for the DV community but will not sway anyone one way or the other IMO. To believe in the removal of "000" as a lop is the same as saying that you believe because of your research that Iraq is telling us the truth through media and figures released by the central bank and if you believe in the revalue you believe in your research that Iraq has a media campaign over the last 4 years to send out misinformation to throw of speculative investors.

my list of thing I believe....

#1 Shabbs has said he does not like speculative investors in the currency market.

#2 DFI numbers we believed to be true because of Iraq having to be transparent turned out to be x5 higher leading me to believe that that most all other figures are false. So any attempts to find the rate through math will not work.

#3 The amount of the delarue contract to print 27-29 trillion dinar itself has to be false. I base this theory off other country's paying x10 times more for currency with similar security features.

#4 A redenomination/Lop will not dedollarize Iraq without adding value. Based on a 1dinar to 1dollar revalue if you remove "000" a 25,000 dinar note would have the same exchange rate value it currently has and add several complex issues into a country lacking trust in their financial institution. Iraqi's would continue to hoard their savings at their homes and would not use savings accounts.

#5 statements made by generals,Presidents that Iraq will become one of the richest countries in the world. Politicians pleading with small investors to look into Iraq to make money during a recession.

#6 Scooters amazing research on debt forgiveness from other country's...China, Europe, United States, Russia.

Speculative investors are not supposed to know and the internet makes information available on everything real and fictious...so if you believe Obama is holding offshore money and is losing his marbles odds are their is an article to back up your beliefs...just saying if your in a speculative investment it should be your own speculation that leads to to investing one way or the other...

Thanks for your time!

Edited by brandedbabe
  • Upvote 1

I think it's a waste of time. The lop side will throw out the M2. RV side will debate the numbers, say Iraq won't screw other countries, etc. At the end no one wins.

Why don't you debate whether unicorns exist or something?

They do exist !!! They are called rinos.

• Upvote 1

What, you've never made 1 to 3 times your money or for that matter had a loss in any of your trades before. Come on. LOL I'm for an RV but just saying.

• Upvote 1