Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MSNBC 1.5 hrs ago 7-23-11

hitman

Please pay attention to the comment " before the Asian Financial Market Opens" ..... I think that will be referring to the global revaluation of all curriencies involved//// Is the U S political game with the revalue over?

President Obama chats with House Speaker John Boehner before a meeting in the Cabinet Room at the White House on Saturday, as the two tried to revive talks over the government's debt limit.

msnbc.com staff and news service reports msnbc.com staff and news service reports

updated 1 hour 17 minutes ago 2011-07-23T23:17:27

Print

Font:

+

-

Congressional leaders were working over the weekend to design new legislation to head off a government default.

House Speaker John Boehner told House Republicans in a conference call after meeting with President Barack Obama Saturday that he hoped to be able to announce a "viable framework for progress" by 4 p.m. EDT on Sunday, before Asian financial markets open, two participants told The Associated Press.

The goal is to produce at least a framework agreement to raise the nation's debt limit by Monday, congressional officials said. Even that would allow scarcely enough time for the House and Senate to clear legislation in time for Obama's signature by the Aug. 2 deadline, a week from Tuesday.

Inconclusive meeting Saturday

Obama conferred at the White House for about an hour Saturday with congressional leaders in an attempt to revive negotiations over raising the debt ceiling, but no news of progress emerged from that meeting.

Other political news of note

AFP - Getty Images

Congressional leaders work to avert default

Updated 77 minutes ago 7/23/2011 11:17:27 PM +00:00 Congressional leaders were working Saturday to design new legislation to head off a government default after a breakdown in talks between President Obama and House Speaker Boehner.

The Obama-Boehner negotiations had ended abruptly Friday when the House speaker decided there was no prospect of success.

Financial markets could react nervously to the potential that no accord might be reached by the time the government reaches the debt limit on Aug. 2 and is unable to borrow more money to finance its debt.

While warning of the gravity of the situation, Obama said Friday night, "I remain confident that we will get an extension of the debt limit and we will not default."

Video: Debt deal could come within

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Please pay attention to the comment " before the Asian Financial Market Opens" ..... I think that will be referring to the global revaluation of all curriencies involved//// Is the U S political game with the revalue over?

President Obama chats with House Speaker John Boehner before a meeting in the Cabinet Room at the White House on Saturday, as the two tried to revive talks over the government's debt limit.

msnbc.com staff and news service reports msnbc.com staff and news service reports

Print

Font:

+

-

Congressional leaders were working over the weekend to design new legislation to head off a government default.

House Speaker John Boehner told House Republicans in a conference call after meeting with President Barack Obama Saturday that he hoped to be able to announce a "viable framework for progress" by 4 p.m. EDT on Sunday, before Asian financial markets open, two participants told The Associated Press.

The goal is to produce at least a framework agreement to raise the nation's debt limit by Monday, congressional officials said. Even that would allow scarcely enough time for the House and Senate to clear legislation in time for Obama's signature by the Aug. 2 deadline, a week from Tuesday.

Obama conferred at the White House for about an hour Saturday with congressional leaders in an attempt to revive negotiations over raising the debt ceiling, but no news of progress emerged from that meeting.

AFP - Getty Images

Updated 77 minutes ago 7/23/2011 11:17:27 PM +00:00 Congressional leaders were working Saturday to design new legislation to head off a government default after a breakdown in talks between President Obama and House Speaker Boehner.

The Obama-Boehner negotiations had ended abruptly Friday when the House speaker decided there was no prospect of success.

Financial markets could react nervously to the potential that no accord might be reached by the time the government reaches the debt limit on Aug. 2 and is unable to borrow more money to finance its debt.

While warning of the gravity of the situation, Obama said Friday night, "I remain confident that we will get an extension of the debt limit and we will not default."

Link please.

Thank you and Go RV.

I guess what is pretty thin is that you have not read that the World Court gave the US up to 48 hrs. to get it squared away or they would order the Revaluation of 160 other countries..... In the basket is the Iraqi Dinar. The US is holding the dinar reval hostage and all other nations involved have partitioned the World Court to proceed without the US being involved,,,,, a little more involved than being slim.... do your homework before you show your ignorance

BTW... why would our VP even bring up the Sunday opening of the Asian market at 5 pm...... what does that have to do with the US debt crisis?..... why do I post articles and facts when people only want to hear rumors......

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 3

I guess what is pretty thin is that you have not read that the World Court gave the US up to 48 hrs. to get it squared away or they would order the Revaluation of 160 other countries..... In the basket is the Iraqi Dinar. The US is holding the dinar reval hostage and all other nations involved have partitioned the World Court to proceed without the US being involved,,,,, a little more involved than being slim.... do your homework before you show your ignorance

BTW... why would our VP even bring up the Sunday opening of the Asian market at 5 pm...... what does that have to do with the US debt crisis?..... why do I post articles and facts when people only want to hear rumors......

Hello, do you have credible news link showing that the world court gave the US 48 hours to RV including a list of the countries scheduled to RV? The only link I found regarding this issue is from an Okie and Blaino chat site .http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2011/07/is-rv-scheduled-for-sunday.html

• Upvote 5

I missed the World Court saying this, can you show me where it was said?

Is House Speaker John Boehner our VP now? I've missed too much.

• Upvote 4

http://www.icj-cij.org/homepage/index.php

Link to the World Court, better known as "The International Court of Justice". I'd love for someone to show me the article/ruling, etc. that hitman has referred to. I did not find one link or article, ruling or posting within this site stating or eluding that the world court has given the US any kind of an ultimatum regarding the debt ceiling (re RV basket of other nations, including Iraq).

• Upvote 2

Sorry

World Court and Dinar show no activity on Google -- Forum Fact --FAIL

Debt Ceiling Crisis needs to be resolved before Asian Markets open to avert a Global effect from possible downgrade of dollar - Not Dinar RV - FAIL

The whole world court. 48 hours, and US holdup thingy is only available on rumors.

You may want to rethink your position.

• Upvote 2

Print

Font:

+

-

AFP - Getty Images

post-38598-131147479843_thumb.jpg

Edited by number9

Might need some help here, since international law is not my forte', but I don't believe this would fit under the Internatinal Court of Justice's definition of a contentious case (adversarial proceedings seeking to settle a dispute), so not sure how jurisdiction would apply here. The Court has historically refrained from hearing cases that are political in nature, due in part to its lack of enforcement mechanism and its lack of compulsory jurisdiction.

The only enforcement it has i sto take the issue before the UN Security Council for enforcement action. One obvious problem with this. If the judgment is against one of the permanent five members of the Security Council, of which the US is one, any resolution on enforcement would most likely be be vetoed, since it only takes 1 vote of those 5 who have veto authority.

Just don't see the World Court as a factor here, IMO..

• Upvote 2

If no deal is reached by that time tomorrow, I and other traders will short the USD once the Asian markets open and forex is active. We know that if no deal is reached it will cause the USD to lose value as people will have no confidence in it. So, traders will start betting against it. People will dump their USD for other currencies like EURO, GBP, CHF etc. First it will start with Asia since they open first tomorrow and it could turn into a chain reaction sending the USD into a big down trend. Then imagine what would happen Monday when markets open in the US and agencies start downgrading our credit rating. Without a deal soon it will be a big disaster for the USD.

Edited by GPCarter
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

If no deal is reached by that time tomorrow, I and other traders will short the USD once the Asian markets open and forex is active. We know that if no deal is reached it will cause the USD to lose value as people will have no confidence in it. So, traders will start betting against it. People will dump their USD for other currencies like EURO, GBP, CHF etc. First it will start with Asia since they open first tomorrow and it could turn into a chain reaction sending the USD into a big down trend. Then imagine what would happen Monday when markets open in the US and agencies start downgrading our credit rating. Without a deal soon it will be a big disaster for the USD.

Thank You for ur Informed Perspective GPC. ;)

As much as I think that the GOI is made up of self interest serving Chuckleheads, I hope that our own Chuckleheads Wake Up and get this Done ! :blink:

Thanks for providing this information. Do you know when the next basket of currencies is set to revalue? Thanks again.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for providing this information. Do you know when the next basket of currencies is set to revalue? Thanks again.

No, I don't have any information in regards to currency revalue or things like that. By the time I have information like that everyone usually already knows. There are very few secrets in forex due to how big and decentralized things are. Things spread like wildfire so by the time I know everyone will know.

No, I don't have any information in regards to currency revalue or things like that. By the time I have information like that everyone usually already knows. There are very few secrets in forex due to how big and decentralized things are. Things spread like wildfire so by the time I know everyone will know.

Thanks very much, GPCARTER. Have a great Sunday!

• Upvote 3

Couldn't agree more....trailing stops in place.