Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD pinging anomoly from around 1180-1130

blonde_minx

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer.

Ping operates by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to the target host and waiting for an ICMP response. In the process it measures the time from transmission to reception (round-trip time)[1] and records any packet loss. The results of the test are printed in form of a statistical summary of the response packets received, including the minimum, maximum, and the mean round-trip times, and sometimes the standard deviation of the mean.

ping 174.133.205.219

• Upvote 1

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer.

Ping operates by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to the target host and waiting for an ICMP response. In the process it measures the time from transmission to reception (round-trip time)[1] and records any packet loss. The results of the test are printed in form of a statistical summary of the response packets received, including the minimum, maximum, and the mean round-trip times, and sometimes the standard deviation of the mean.

ping 174.133.205.219

so does it mean anything? or just normal operation????

• Upvote 1

This is actually normal. But if you see my other posting you will see where I commented on the trend in the GBP / IQD. I believe it is in the post someone started about the movement on Yahoo Finance.

FYI, this is also not called "pinging" as some of the gurus call it. I trade forex full time and have done it for 9 years. Much of what these people call pings are normal spikes that occur routinely and are simply because of the change in value of the "other" currency. Then, instead of seeing if the spike is because of the movement of the GBP, USD etc. they automatically assume it is the IQD that is making moves.

• Upvote 6

pheonix was not talking about this, he was talking about yahoo finance showing IQD to GBP at .00005 then one minute .053....i have a screen of this....it actuall did happen

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4035

this is what it was showing on Yahoo 2 minutes ago

IQD/GBP(CCY: IQDGBP=X )

Last Trade: 0.0531

Trade Time: 7:09PM EDT

Change: 0.0525 (9,906.9805%)

Bid: 0.0528

Ask: 0.0534

Prev Close: 0.0005

Open: 0.0005

Day's Range: 0.0531 - 0.0531

52wk Range: 0.0005 - 0.0006

Quotes delayed, except where indicated otherwise. Currency in

If it says "last trade at .0531", does this mean there was actually a trade at that rate?

Also, if these are normal fluctuations in the market like some say, why does the the IDQ always return to 1168?

Is the IQD pegged to the US dollar? It has to be to maintain the 1168 right?

from another site

Here is the pinging that all are talking about:.....the time on the top of the chart says......july 18 23.23pm GMT... which is about 15 minutes ago

All this chatter about pinging, schminging.....when you really want to know what's going on and when the rate changes...go to cbi.iq When you see that change, its official.

Edited by Captjohn
  • Downvote 2

This is actually normal. But if you see my other posting you will see where I commented on the trend in the GBP / IQD. I believe it is in the post someone started about the movement on Yahoo Finance.

FYI, this is also not called "pinging" as some of the gurus call it. I trade forex full time and have done it for 9 years. Much of what these people call pings are normal spikes that occur routinely and are simply because of the change in value of the "other" currency. Then, instead of seeing if the spike is because of the movement of the GBP, USD etc. they automatically assume it is the IQD that is making moves.

GPCarter is right. And yes the "pings" are really just "spikes". The dinar value is tied to the dollar, and as the dollar moves so does the dinar.

Edited by PD46