Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

STOPPING rude behavour

Do we need to better control POLITENESS  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should a new system be set up to control RUDE behavour

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. How to limit RUDE behavour

• No more than 1 post per day if not excellent rating
    • No more than 1 post if already censored formally by moderator or staff
    • No more than 1 posting per day for a week if has a negative higher than 10 on a post the previous day
    • Moderator and Staff can limit postings to 1 a day for a period of time at their discrestion

This should be some help to ADAM, Staff, and Moderators.

Lets see if a system can be set up so that people have a tendency to post replies like they were discussing the topic in person.

Please add your thoughts, as maybe with our input a working sytem can be established to have a friendlier site. IMHO as a relative newbie, in less than 2 months I have seen politeness degrade. :twocents:

• Upvote 2

This should be some help to ADAM, Staff, and Moderators.

Lets see if a system can be set up so that people have a tendency to post replies like they were discussing the topic in person.

Please add your thoughts, as maybe with our input a working sytem can be established to have a friendlier site. IMHO as a relative newbie, in less than 2 months I have seen politeness degrade. :twocents:

No disrespect but good luck with that. We are a very diverse group. Written words don't always come across the same as the spoken word. Posts are not always interpreted as the poster intened. Oh but maybe you are speaking of the recent "calling out" personal attacks on DV members? I believe the they will be taken care of in short order. This site does a pretty good job of policing itself. Thankfully.

• Upvote 1

I Just can't stand when someone Creats a Post of which the Olny Agenda is to Bash on a Single Individual... Who cares if someone posts 50 times a day?? What if someone told you YOU Don't post Enough?? Stop The Hating. That should be the FIRST Flag on someone. Haters... I understand a Disagreement, But don't hate, Hater.

We sould ALL Be out for the SAME Reason... RV. To give your Opinion, To Discuss, To Argue, To Give Knowledge or To Receive it, Or just To Share something you Heard through the Grapevine. PLEASE Don't turn this into one of the OTHER Sites.

Stop the Hating

Krem

No disrespect but good luck with that. We are a very diverse group. Written words don't always come across the same as the spoken word. Posts are not always interpreted as the poster intened. Oh but maybe you are speaking of the recent "calling out" personal attacks on DV members? I believe the they will be taken care of in short order. This site does a pretty good job of policing itself. Thankfully.

I agree with you but it seems to have degraded quickly the last couple of weeks! Seeing if I can help out with Solution!

I Just can't stand when someone Creats a Post of which the Olny Agenda is to Bash on a Single Individual... Who cares if someone posts 50 times a day?? What if someone told you YOU Don't post Enough?? Stop The Hating. That should be the FIRST Flag on someone. Haters... I understand a Disagreement, But don't hate, Hater.

We sould ALL Be out for the SAME Reason... RV. To give your Opinion, To Discuss, To Argue, To Give Knowledge or To Receive it, Or just To Share something you Heard through the Grapevine. PLEASE Don't turn this into one of the OTHER Sites.

Stop the Hating

Krem

Great, you have seen what has been happening the last week ... so HOW does the site accomplish that ?

Trying to help get solution(s)

I agree with you but it seems to have degraded quickly the last couple of weeks! Seeing if I can help out with Solution!

Whats the saying? The cream rises to the top? Just watch and see what happens.I think you'll be pleased. This site won't become a "Stepford Wives" site. There are too many opinionated/educated people on here.

Edit that to say too many opinionated/educated people who have the freedom to post their thoughts.

Edited by WorkerBee
  • Upvote 1

biggrin.gifThis should be some help to ADAM, Staff, and Moderators .

Please add your thoughts, as maybe with our input a working sytem can be established to have a friendlier site. IMHO as a relative newbie, in less than 2 months I have seen politeness degrade. TwoCents.gif

That's RUDE.............Are you implying that Adam, Staff and MODS can't run this site right?

Mods please limit Kanga's posts to one a day and one ration of bread and water a day also

we know how to deal with you ROO'Sbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's RUDE.............Are you implying that Adam, Staff and MODS can't run this site right?

Mods please limit Kanga's posts to one a day and one ration of bread and water a day also

NO PROBLEM!

I can also leave, that to is not a problem!

I love the way this site was!

• Upvote 1

NO PROBLEM!

I can also leave, that to is not a problem!

I love the way this site was!

We don't want you to leave Kanga...... just having a little fun while we wait....nothing personal just helping you thicken up your skin a littlerolleyes.gif

your posts are important too!!

• Upvote 1

I think I'll start a new POLL and if the answer is 10% or above wish me to leave, then I can go join the others.

• Upvote 2

Great, you have seen what has been happening the last week ... so HOW does the site accomplish that ?

Trying to help get solution(s)

Idk Kanga... All you posted here was a Helpful tool in my opinon and someone (Mongo, the pig dude) tried to step on you for it. Why? It's Just a Poll. I don't get it?

I just joined not too long ago. I've posted many "Thank You" Topics and Comments for the Info I have found here and the RESPECT I saw in the beginning of my DV Journey. But look at the board RIGHT NOW... It's FULL Of People Hating People... WHY? What's going on? I could easily view this as A Certain group decided to Take Us (DV) Down. Why would they want to? Just Bored? Ahhh...

Idk. I do know that this new atmosphere makes me want to spend my time away from DV. I'm Sorry Adam. You REALLY Put together a Really cool thing here, That I Have Benifited Greatly from and Thank you For as well as your staff, But where are you... Or Your Staff? Step in and say something. You are VERY Smart Folks and I believe you could come up with something to Help the Nonsense.

Thank you Kanga for trying Something. Cause this... This is Sad.

All Respect to those who Try to help others, And not Bash. Krem

• Upvote 1

Idk Kanga... All you posted here was a Helpful tool in my opinon and someone (Mongo, the pig dude) tried to step on you for it. Why? It's Just a Poll. I don't get it?

I just joined not too long ago. I've posted many "Thank You" Topics and Comments for the Info I have found here and the RESPECT I saw in the beginning of my DV Journey. But look at the board RIGHT NOW... It's FULL Of People Hating People... WHY? What's going on? I could easily view this as A Certain group decided to Take Us (DV) Down. Why would they want to? Just Bored? Ahhh...

Idk. I do know that this new atmosphere makes me want to spend my time away from DV. I'm Sorry Adam. You REALLY Put together a Really cool thing here, That I Have Benifited Greatly from and Thank you For as well as your staff, But where are you... Or Your Staff? Step in and say something. You are VERY Smart Folks and I believe you could come up with something to Help the Nonsense.

Thank you Kanga for trying Something. Cause this... This is Sad.

All Respect to those who Try to help others, And not Bash. Krem

Sounds like someone else needs to put some skin on them bones

• Downvote 1

Oh and sorry Kanga... You asked me for an Idea. Now I don't know how to run a site, But how about a Flag System (If there is one, I don't see it) Where if someone Bashes another, You can Flag theme and the Mods will see it. AndI KNOW there will be those who Abuse it by flagging someones Opinion. The mods would see this and give them a warning NOT To use the flag system. If they do it again against the warning? Blocked... Kicked out. Maybe this would cut down on the Hating and restore the FUN Of this site.

What do you Think Kanga? Or anyone else? What do you think.

Thanks again Kanga, We DO Need to do something and put a stop to this before all this gets Ruined

Krem

Come on peeps, just show the same respect you would expect yourself.

This is the most sensible advice yet! Cuts right to the thick of it. If the playground is too tough for you, I recommend you stay inside. Life is rarely fair. We don't get what we want all the time. You have to work hard and make it happen for yourself and your family. Don't wait for someone else to come in and do your work for you.

Now, if you are personally getting attacked via this site, I have enough faith in the mods to take care of the issue fairly. Otherwise those that get offended easily because others disagree with their point of view need to either grow up or go play inside with the younger children. Most people here do follow the unspoken rule of treating others how they themselves want to be treated. If you haven't learned that either and wonder why everyone seems against you then may I recommend a nice pleasent site like OpraWinfrey.com!

Peace all and go RV!!

• Upvote 2

We don't want you to leave Kanga...... just having a little fun while we wait....nothing personal just helping you thicken up your skin a littlerolleyes.gif

your posts are important too!!

Figured you were kidding :):) :)

Because of that smile

Whats the saying? The cream rises to the top? Just watch and see what happens.I think you'll be pleased. This site won't become a "Stepford Wives" site. There are too many opinionated/educated people on here.

Edit that to say too many opinionated/educated people who have the freedom to post their thoughts.

You say that cream rises to the top, but so does turds. All joking aside, we've all had post that were misinterpreted. Be careful what we ask for. :D

Oh and sorry Kanga... You asked me for an Idea. Now I don't know how to run a site, But how about a Flag System (If there is one, I don't see it) Where if someone Bashes another, You can Flag theme and the Mods will see it. AndI KNOW there will be those who Abuse it by flagging someones Opinion. The mods would see this and give them a warning NOT To use the flag system. If they do it again against the warning? Blocked... Kicked out. Maybe this would cut down on the Hating and restore the FUN Of this site.

What do you Think Kanga? Or anyone else? What do you think.

Thanks again Kanga, We DO Need to do something and put a stop to this before all this gets Ruined

Krem

This sounds like a bases of a workable idea, if it wouldn't tie the mods up to much!

I like it! :twothumbs:

You say that cream rises to the top, but so does turds. All joking aside, we've all had post that were misinterpreted. Be careful what we ask for. :D

ABSOLUTELY

I was just thinking I could quit posting for a while!

But I'm sure that ADAM and staff are working on problem, and I thought that maybe instead of complaining about the problem we all could help with a solution!

If ADAM or staff or Mods think I am stepping on their toes all they have to do is tell me and I will not post anything for a week to a month!